:PAUSED:19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: 9-4 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Worthy Matchup

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:59 am

Instead of trading someone, like Newton is known for doing, Markieff Morris, brother of Marcus Morris has been sent down the Bakersfield Jam alongside of Arnett Moultrie. Morris was sent to the D-League affiliate so there was more play time available for vet Michael Redd. Redd hasn't been able to see any play time this season, because Woody hasn't found a way to work him into the rotation besides the many players he has. Redd has sat courtside in a suite for the last few games so fans though he was injured. Redd has been question for not suiting up recently and he has spoke briefly on the subject.

"I'm not happy with my current situation. Coach has seen that I haven't been given much opprotunity to play this season and has still not done anything to change that. I'm going to be silent for now, I'm lucky to be on a NBA team in the first place, but sooner or later, things need to change.

Redd should be able to see some playtime now that one of the Morris twins have been sent down, hopefully he will make a positive impact, and not an empty one.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: 9-4 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Worthy Matchup

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 am

Suns fight back, take one away from Thunder

Thunder Stats | Suns Stats

Wow, what a game. In a game featuring forth place, but only half a game back from the top of the West, we see the Phoenix Suns crawl back from a monster deficit started by the Thunder. Oklahoma City came out firing on all cylinders while containing the Suns throughout the first quarter. Key contributions from star Kevin Durant while Russel Westbrook is out with a toe injury. Durant was able to finish with 13 of his 23 first half points in the first quarter alone. Phoenix quickly saw themselves down early against a fast-paced team determined to step up after being down by 14*.

Phoenix fought with all of their might, distributing the points evenly and having everyone get involved. Drazen Petrovic started the scoring early for the Suns after a Thunder basket, he ran quickly down the court making a straight line towards the basket and found himself on the line. From there the Suns were able to dwindle down the lead that kept growing to five points. The half score broke out into seven, but the Suns were only motivated to try harder going into the third.

Before the third, Reggie Miller spoke with Suns coach, Mike Woodson, as they talked about what gameplay method Woodson had in mind going into the second half. "I want them fighting. I want to see these guys going for the basket and making the right pass, not overpassing like we have been doing. We also have to pull it together on defense, Kevin (Durant) and James (Harden) are making us look really bad right now."

The Suns players must have been listening well to Woody's words. Phoenix finally responded to the Thunder's pace and we saw Thaddeus Young get in 10 of his 20 points in the third alone. Finally working the advantage he had on KD in the post. Eric Gordon was also able to drain two threes to bump them slightly closer their hopeful lead. Possession after possession, the Suns kept fighting until eventually, they finally caught a grasp on the lead late in the third. The lead was only one heading into the final quarter, but there wasn't anyway the Suns were giving up that lead.

Thaddeus Young was able to squeze his hand into a Randy Jackson pass and throw a lob to Anthony Davis, and the forth quarter run began. Phoenix went on a 13-0 run three minutes into the quarter until the Thunder started to fight back. Kevin Durant and James Harden shrunk the lead back down to five before another long Suns lead took away all hopes. Phoenix began taking and knocking down a flurry of threes to overpower the Thunder and finally put the game out of reach for their Western rival. The final score was 96-111 after Avery Bradely got an unsportsmanlike and one.

* Accidentally put 37 points for first quarter score for Thunder instead of 31.
SuperHueyNewton

November recap

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:19 am

One month of basketball out of the way and we're beginning to get a feel of where some NBA teams are. In the East. the Charlotte Bobcats have have gotten themselves out of the bottom being led by Jason Terry and Kemba Walker, and in the West, there is a four team tie for first place:

East

West

The Miami Heat and the San Antonio Spurs are both of course the top two teams to beat in their respective conferences. Behind the Spurs, looking to try their hand at the top for the first time in years is the Phoenix Suns. The Suns are a team just coming off of a 26-56 teams and have already turned it around by being a team tied for first. Behind them are the Lakers and Warriors also trying to be known as one of the best in the West.

The schedule for the Suns had elite teams, and bad teams coming in and out of the US Airways Center:

The production for the Suns started little Sporadic, coming off of a big win against the top-ranked Bulls, they then get beat by the once lowly Bobcats. By the end of the month though, blowing out three teams in their five game win-streak has them looking good early and making themselves a team to fear. The Suns have been able to dismantle teams with their pressure defense and high powered offense seeing a good amount of their wins come with almost 100 points in each box score.

The new unofficial leader of the team, Eric Gordon, is having a phenomenal season as a Sun in his first season in the uniform. I say unofficial because the team captain status has been placed on the returning veterans, Michael Redd and Jermaine O'Neal. Gordon, seeing the most play-time has been able to get his fellow players into spots they need to be in to succeed. Gordon's season stats are as follows:

Gordon is already playing as well as he was in his last season as a LA Clipper though playing about six less minutes than he did while a Clipper. He's also shooting a career high in shooting percentage as well. Gordon's points per-48 stats are simply jawdropping. Currently Gordon is averaging almost 36 points for every 48 minutes, and around 27 points per-36 minutes as well. Mike Woodson promised that not any one player would get the bulk of scoring, though Eric Gordon still finds a way to fill the basket with his shots.

14 down, 68 to go, the NBA season is still revving up, hopefully it doesn't pull ahead of the Suns.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: 10-4 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: November Recap

Postby Rosque on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:38 am

Nice start and nice, short recap. Good luck :)
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:59 am

Rosque wrote:Nice start and nice, short recap. Good luck :)

Thanks for the luck, it was really hard to not talk about the rest of the NBA because that is what I had started off with. I had to get back to the Suns as smoothly as possible.

BTW, should we expect an update for the Mavs any time soon?
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:23 am

Yes we should. I was sick for 10 days and had to make up for that in the school, had like 8 exams in 5 days. Playing the game now ;) Tomorrow morning one news and season opener(again).
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:27 am

You wanna talk about sheer panic!

~ We've already have had our five game win streak stopped and are coming off another loss by two straight bad teams in a row. That already has the owner breathing down my neck about some of these guys, on top of that, I was told by the trainers that Jermaine O'Neal can't play because of a sprained finger that has to properly heal. I'm in my office talking to Mike about the situation right now.

-Gets off of phone-
Huey Newton: That was the trainer, Jermaine can't play because of his finger,

Mike Woodson: What? Did he bust five vessels or something? We have no one to play center now!

Newton: You can't forget Arn-

Woodson: Arnett?! Really? That slob? He can't even make it down the court in five minutes let alone take the bulk of starting minutes.

-Shrugs-
Newton: How do you know this, have you seen him play while he has been on the Jam?

Woodson: Did I ask?

Newton: Woody, calm down. Moultrie has slimmed down like you wanted him too, he was even tearing it up for the Jam, I think it is time we called him up anyway. Besides, what about the situation with Michael?

Woodson: Changing the subject? Okay, whatever, bring Arnett up. If I don't like what I see, he'll be so deep in the bench, a black hole will form. Michael though, ugh. He's really acting like a diva, even though he basically begged to be brought back, I can't seem to make that much play time for him though, Drazen, Avery, and Landry have been playing well, outdoing their contracts basically. I don't know what to do with this guy.

Newton: Well.. Miami has been calling in for Jeremy Evans, for a second rounder, why not throw Michael in?

-Woodson sighs-
Woodson: Not yet, give us a few more games and if he goes on like he runs the team, then maybe.

Newton: Okay, I'll tell Miami to put it on hold

~ How did talking to Mike make me feel like I'm in control again? I was just about to panic a few moments ago, but now, talking about moves calmed me. For some reason too, I haven't seen A.I. in like weeks, maybe I should look into that, but for now. I'm in control again.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: 10-6 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: November Recap; Call Up?

Postby Rosque on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:17 am

Yeaaaaah, outdoing my contract :D Now trade Michael and give me more minutes :D
Rosque

@ MEM

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:10 am

Nash and Mayo take it personally, still lose in final seconds

Suns Stats | Grizzlies Stats

POTG should be Goran Dragic, not Drazen Petrovic.
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: 10-6 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: November Recap; Call Up?

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 am

Rosque wrote:Yeaaaaah, outdoing my contract :D Now trade Michael and give me more minutes :D

Not yet, besides Drazen is playing like fifteen or sixteen minutes a game
SuperHueyNewton

Re: 11-6 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: November Recap; Call Up?

Postby Rosque on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:41 pm

You put Dražen Petrović as POTG but those are Dragić' stats.
Doesn't matter, slow progress is better than no progress :)
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 am

Rosque wrote:You put Dražen Petrović as POTG but those are Dragić' stats.
Doesn't matter, slow progress is better than no progress :)

Thanks for noticing, not able to change because deleted the template. Always get those two mixed up somehow.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:35 am

Okay, got a slider set, will play with em after a few simmed games
SuperHueyNewton

Re: 13-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Redd in Washington

Postby Solaris Phase Two on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 pm

pic of drazen and Morris in jam?
Solaris Phase Two

Redd in Washington

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Coming off of numerous losses with no positive momentum in sight. Upset guard Michael Redd had asked for a trade from The Desert. By that time though, he was already on his way to the nation's capital in exchange for Washington's second round pick. Redd wasn't even able to open his mouth to an assistant before he was told he had been traded. Redd left Phoenix's front office in an outrage, giving a tongue lashing to anyone that tried to calm him down. Redd really has no one to blame but himself.

Michael Redd as a Phoenix Sun was playing horribly in his pitty play time from coach Mike Woodson. In the 12 minutes Redd was playing. Redd scored only three points a game. That comes out as only 12 points per 48 minutes. He also was shooting a career low 24% from the field and while having some success from three. His overall shooting percentage could not mask his horrible play. Also, add in his excessive talk to the media and bickering with coach Woodson, it just makes it that much easier to want to trade him.

Jeremy Evans, the Prospect the Suns had hoped was destined for greatness, was also thrown in as a trade chip to make the second rounder they were receiving worth it. Evans also fell out of the rotation after Jermaine O'Neal's injury and the call up of Arnett Moultrie. In about 8 minutes he was able to see the floor for the Suns, Evans averaged 2.6 boards a game. That is almost 18 rebounds per 48 minutes! That is a good pickup for the Wizards who lack big men behind Nené Hilario and Andray Blatche. The glass should be safe for Washington in the upcoming games.

Phoenix wasn't looking for a player to get back for the two players given up. They have very little play-time to go around for any new players, so they settled for a second rounder. They have to be remorseful giving up Jeremy Evans just to get rid of Redd, they've gotten rid of a headcase for now though.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Dmastawwe wrote:pic of drazen and Morris in jam?

Is.. Is that possible? Hold on, will do that in a sec. Drazen wasn't on Jam though, only Morris and Moultrie.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:56 pm

Below are Markieef Morris and Arnett Moultrie in their Jam unis

oh crap... their friggin huge
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Hiteshom on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Full Name : Tyler Haws
Jersey # : 3
Born : April 11, 1991
Weight : 201
Height : 6 ft 5 in
Hand : Right
Primary position : SG
Secondary position : PG
College : BYU
Nationality : USA
Playing style : Scoring
Body Type/Tone : I'd say 1st tone/ regular

There is a picture to give you a better look at him

Strengths : Potential is super high, likely a top 5 pick, Can shoot from anywhere, Very clutch, steal, Offensive and Defensive awareness
Weaknesses : Blocking, Assists, Rebounds

Also, I'd like to see the stats so far for My other player (Riley Gisseman) and other NLSC'ers around the league.
Hiteshom

Postby Mark. on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:44 am

Nice trade, makes sense, clear the deadwood out. Sucks to lose Evans, but the second rounder could likely replace him, plus you can always find a vet who won't complain to play on a min 1 year contract.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:57 am

Mark. wrote:Nice trade, makes sense, clear the deadwood out. Sucks to lose Evans, but the second rounder could likely replace him, plus you can always find a vet who won't complain to play on a min 1 year contract.

Yeah, I wanted to keep Redd but at the same time, he was too far gone and his happiness would not go up even though I was giving him time. He also sucked, as you just saw. With Evans, I just couldn't find out what to do with him. Yes, I wanted to keep him, but I just couldn't find him any play time. The second rounder, I don't know about, this draft is really weak. I mean, players that are in the top ten have 60 overalls, imagine the second round. :crazyeyes:
SuperHueyNewton

Re: 14-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Redd in Washington

Postby Mark. on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:40 am

Oh very weak then. Sorry I always judge draft picks in their RL value, as in second rounders can be handy as they are not guaranteed contracts (don't think the game recognizes this) But good trade non the less, addition by subtraction perhaps. Do you think it may be time to move Thad to PF and Davis to C full time?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:44 am

Mark. wrote:Oh very weak then. Sorry I always judge draft picks in their RL value, as in second rounders can be handy as they are not guaranteed contracts (don't think the game recognizes this) But good trade non the less, addition by subtraction perhaps. Do you think it may be time to move Thad to PF and Davis to C full time?

Not really sure, I like playing Thad at Small forward because he creates such match up problems. I also stretch the floor with Anthony Davis (Guess he was based off of Olympics, because he can hit threes) at Power forward. I still have Arnett Moultrie coming in behind Jermaine O'Neal. I like starting O'Neal because he crashes the boards the hardest compared to everyone on the team, I think he may average the most anyway. I only play him about 23 minutes or so, I spread most of my minutes around. Landry and Avery are my sixth men. (Changed Landry's role so he wouldn't become a head case too). Darrell Arthur and Drazen both get about 13 minutes a game with the Morris twins getting about nine. The player with the most minutes is Eric Gordon with 33 though.

Also, going on a small hiatus, family is going out of time and I have to stay here to get to work, but I won't be home. Tried to get updates in the last two games but rage quit against the Pacers a few days ago and skipped that game, then tried to play the Pistons, but game crashed in the forth quarter. Sorry for the lack of updates for a while. Hope to get this thing back on track soon.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Mark. on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:52 am

Yeah fair enough then. Especially if AD is hitting longer jump shots too. Nice having Thad there though because it gives you the options to go small or big with him.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

@ DET

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:17 am

Suns take out crowd and Pistons toward win

Suns Stats | Pistons Stats

SuperHueyNewton

Re: 15-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Broken Pistons

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:33 am

Something has also been aggravating me a bit,. Almost all of Anthony Davis' shots are misses. No matter where he is on the court, his shots say "C+" and most of the time they bounce out, Any solution to this?
SuperHueyNewton

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood