Queen City King-2 month update + ASG!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Playoff Match-ups Preview: Part 2

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:16 pm

Playoff Match-ups Preview: Part 2

Last Time They Met: Never Met

The revamped Orlando Magic take on the star studded and newly defensive oriented New York Knicks.
With Steve Nash fitting in with the Magic seamlessly since the trade deadline, the Magic have looked like one of the better teams in the league. With Dwight Howard and David West already in place for a deadly high-low combo, the Magic are poised for a nice playoff run. The Knicks come into the playoffs with their first full season with Carmelo and Amare together. Now committed to defense, the Knicks look like a team capable of a conference finals run, if not the finals.

Key Match-up: Steve Nash vs. Chauncey Billups
Prediction: New York wins 4-2

Last time They Met: 1st round 2011 NBA playoffs- Los Angeles wins series 4-2

Kobe Bryant and the LA Lakers look for redemption for last years terrible exit in the 2nd round to the Dallas Mavericks starting against the New Orleans Hornets.
The Hornets in their last playoff run ever in New Orleans are looking for more than a round of playoff games for the Big Easy. After being ousted last year in the 1st round to the Lakers, Chris Paul will have even more motivation with a better Hornets team than last time.

Key Match-up: Pau Gasol vs. Kenyon Martin
Prediction: Los Angeles wins 4-1

Last Time They Met: 1st round 2009 NBA playoffs- Atlanta wins series 4-3

The loaded Miami Heat look to erase last years embarrassing NBA Finals loss starting against the Atlanta Hawks.
Many wouldn't expect much from the Hawks even if they weren't facing the Heat, but they are so it's pretty much not an even battle here even though this is a 4-5 match-up.

Key Match-up: Joe Johnson vs. Dwyane Wade
Prediction: Miami wins 4-1

Last time They Met: 2nd round 2011 NBA playoffs- Oklahoma City wins series 4-3

In the most anticipated rematch this postseason, the Memphis Grizzlies face the OKC Thunder in a followup to last years insta-classic 7-game battle between these two teams. The Grizzlies were an amazing surprise last season, but this year were on everyone's radar. With Rudy Gay added to the team that was a win away from the conference finals, this Grizzlies team is dangerous. The Thunder are still as potent as before, but with even more experience. With Russel Westbrook becoming a restricted free agent a distraction, it'll be interesting how far they can go in these playoffs.

Key Match-up: Rudy Gay vs. Kevin Durant
Prediction: Memphis wins series 4-3
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: TCOBL: It's Playoff Time!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:17 pm

I was really looking forward to playing the playoffs with 2k12, but the crashing issue after the commercials between quarters just killed that for me. So as I've said once before, this will continue on 2k11.
qfrmcpt310

Re: TCOBL: It's Playoff Time!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:01 pm

Hey guys, just to update everyone this isn't dead. Life has gotten pretty busy as of late also I pretty much built a new pc so I can now play games w/o lag and on max :) . W/ that said 2k12 now works between the 1st & 3rd quarters and I am playing the 1st round of the playoffs now. The most interesting series, though not mine, Dallas-Houston has been epic!
1st game Houston steals on a last second putback by Jordan Hill after Kevin Martin misses gw over J.Kidd, 2nd game Houston fell behind by 17 in the second quarter and came back then fell behind by 15 in the fourth before getting within 3 with 10 seconds left. Jason Terry misses a free throw and hits the 2nd, no timeouts so Houston's down four and has to go fullcourt. Kevin Martin runs into front court and looks to be fouled and drains the 3 at the buzzer and the Rockets lose by one! 3rd game Houston was down 19 and came back after Kevin Martin hit 5 threes in the 4th, but I accidentally exited out of 2k with 2 minutes to go :facepalm:

I'll update the whole 1st round very soon!
qfrmcpt310

Douglas wins 6th man

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:20 am

Sources: Toney Douglas To Win 6th Man Award

New York, New York--. New York Knicks point guard Toney Douglas is being pegged by sources as the 2011-12 seasons 6th man of the year award winner. Douglas averaged 13.7 points and 5.3 assists in a little over 20 minutes a game for the Knicks during the regular season backing up veteran Chauncey Billups.

The Knicks will be holding a press conference tomorrow to announce the award.New York opens up it's playoff series with the Orlando Magic two days from now in MSG.
qfrmcpt310

Houston takes out Dallas

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:50 am

1st Round Standout Series: Dallas-Houston

Houston wins series 3-1

Game 1: After fighting to stay close the whole game, the Rockets were tied with the Mavs going into the final 10 seconds with possession of the ball. Not having one of the best shooting nights, Kevin Martin received the ball with 8 seconds left. He drove hard to his right, pulling up from about 18 feet out drifting to his left. The shot missed off the rim, but bounced back to none other than Jordan Hill who dunked the ball back in with 1.5 seconds left on the clock.
On the concluding possession Dallas forced up a contested three by Caron Butler which easily missed an Houston had stole game 1.

Game 2: Falling behind by 17 points in the 2nd quarter, the Rockets looked dead in the water until Josh Smith decided to take it upon his self to bring them back. In the 3rd quarter he led the Rockets on a 15-0 run capped by a viscous slam dunk off of a block on Dirk Nowitzki on the other end.
As the 4th began, it was clear Houston wasn't through making a comeback, Dirk took over scoring the Mavs' next 14 points STRAIGHT. Not to be outdone, Josh Smith scored his teams' next 12 straight in one of the all time best back and forth duels in playoff history.
In the end Josh Smith's 38 points and 13 rebounds weren't enough as Dirk and his 34 points, 9 rebounds, and 5 assists led the Mavs to a series tie heading back to Houston.

Game 3- The homecoming Rockets fans had hoped for went down the drain fast as their team started the game 0-8 falling behind 15-0 in the first 5 minutes. After finally getting it together, by halftime the lead was 49-46 Dallas.
When the 3rd came, it was clear the Rockets were refocused and went back to what worked against this Mavs team in the 1st 2 games. They opened the game up midway through the 3rd with a 13 point lead. The Mavs of course made a comeback and the game went down to the wire. But, thanks to Kevin Martin finally getting his shot going, he helped the Rockets pull away late hitting all 3 of his 3's on his way to 31 points leading to a series lead of 2-1.

Game 4- It was apparent from the start that Houston wasn't going to let history slip out of their grasp. They opened the game with a 18-5 lead and never looked back. Dallas made runs, but never really seemed to be able to get close enough, that's until the last minute of the game when Jason Terry hit 3 consecutive three pointers to take a 2 point lead. With 15 seconds left, Kevin Martin took the ball to halfcourt and ran the clock down to 4 seconds to go, he drove and rose up for 3 over Caron Butler and Jason Kidd and nailed it sending Houston to the second round for the 1st time since 2009 and 2nd time since the A'keem Olajuawon Era.

Key Game(s) in Series: Game 1/Game 2/Game 3-"Hill-side"/"Dirk Nowitzki vs. Josh Smith"/"The H-Town Comeback"
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Durant out a month with broken finger

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:04 pm

Oklahoma City,OKL--Kevin Durant suffered a broken right index finger last night in the Oklahoma City Thunder's win over the Memphis Grizzlies. Durant is expected to be sidelined from 2 weeks up to a month.
Durant's injury severely hurts the Thunder's NBA Finals prospects this season as they were the clear cut favorites to win the conference.

When asked about how he felt about the injury, Durant said, "I'm disappointed right now man. You work so hard all year, and you get this close, and something like this happens. I just feel like a let my teammates down. I hope I can get back as soon as I can so I can help us get a title this year."

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press
qfrmcpt310

Vogel Coach of The Year

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Frank Vogel Nabs Coach of the Year Award

Indianapolis, Indiana-- After a very surprising regular season going 38-20, the Pacers entered the playoffs as the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference behind Chicago.
With no one even coming close to predicting the Pacers' season, Coach Vogel was an easy choice.

"It's nice, but I'm completely focused on our match-up with Philadelphia right now. I can't thank this team enough for going out every night and playing their hearts out, without them buying into what ?I was preaching, we wouldn't be here. We have some really talented guys and we want to prove we are as good as our record says we are."

The Pacers play the Sixers tonight in Conseco Fieldhouse in game 1 of their 1st round series.
qfrmcpt310

1st round recap pt.1

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:22 pm

1st Round Recap: Part 1

Carmelo after his buzzer beater in game 1

New York wins 3-0

With so much swirling around the Orlando Magic about Dwight Howard's future, it was clear the Magic weren't anywhere close to the team they were on paper.
Even with Steve Nash, the team just didn't seem to click. "We weren't a team, and we ran into one that was clicking at the right time," Grant Hill said after the Magic were swept from the playoffs for the second year in a row.
The Knicks destroyed the Magic on both ends of the court. They threw double and triple teams at Dwight with Hedo Turkoglu not being able to hit shots and David West playing mediocre until the final game, the Magic had no chance. In game 3, the only game someone other than Howard scored more than 10, David West had 18 and Steve Nash went for an amazing 44 points, but Dwight Howard was limited to 10 minutes total for the game due to foul trouble.

The future of the Orlando Magic is in question with Dwight Howard and Steve Nash both becoming free agents, and it isn't looking like either will return. Meanwhile, the Knicks will move on to face either the Sixers or Pacers in the second round and expect to make the conference finals for the first time in 13 years, "We're a better team talent wise than both of them," Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire said.

Key Game: Game 3-"Sending Dwight Home On a Melo Note"

Chris Paul hitting the 3 to send New Orleans into the 2nd round

New Orleans wins series 3-2

Kobe Bryant and the LA Lakers looked exactly like they did last year except even worse. This time Chris Paul was able to lead the Hornets past the Lakers, of course with a slightly better team. Shannon Brown and Kenyon Martin showed from the get go the difference they would make compared to last year when the Hornets had Carl Landry and Marco Bellinelli starting. "I wanted to show them what they were missing out on since they let me go," Hornets guard Shannon Brown said.

The magical run for New Orleans will continue against either the Portland Trailblazers or Sacramento Kings. With the Hornets scheduled to be relocated after the season, it's amazing to see how long this will last, and if the Hornets will leave the Big Easy on a high note.

Key Game: Game 5-"Paul, At The Buzzer!!!"

Tyson Chandler after a huge slam in game 2

Miami wins series 3-1

If anyone were doubting how serious Miami was about kicking it into high gear for the playoffs, they aren't anymore. Miami destroyed Atlanta in this series from the first jump ball. Only dropping Game 3, in which the Hawks barely won with Dwyane Wade fouling out with 3 minutes to go in the fourth. In game 4 LeBron and D-Wade destroyed Atlanta for good, both scoring 40+ in a blowout win.
"Were looking to win a championship, and nothing's gonna get in our way this time," LeBron James said. "Were a better team than last year and we are even more focused."

The Heat move on to play the Bulls or Bucks in the second round.

Key Game: Game 4-"LeBron-to-Wade,Wade-to-LeBron"

Russell Westbrook driving to the basket after Kevin Durant broke his finger in game 3

Oklahoma City wins series 3-2

As good as last year. Once again, Memphis and OKC went the distance, and once again, the Thunder prevail. Only difference this time was the loss of Kevin Durant for the Thunder. Durant broke the index finger on his shooting hand in game 3. But, Russell Westbrook stepped up and led the Thunder to the second round to face the Houston Rockets. Westbrook capped off the 1st round with a 44 point explosion at home to demolish the Grizzlies for the second year in a row.

"It's frustrating. Knowing you were a better team than last year coming in, and the other team losses its best player, and you still don't capitalize on it. It's just [expletive] frustrating," Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay said.
"To be honest, Memphis was better last year when the offense went through Zach Randolph," TNT analyst Charles Barkley said of Gay."I love Rudy's game, but this should be Zach Randolph's team and Rudy playing this year messed up that chemistry the team had last year."

It'll be interesting to see how Oklahoma City faces adversity without their star player and also facing one of the hottest teams ever, coming off one of the biggest upsets in history.

Key Game: Game 3-"Robin Becomes Batman"
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: TCOBL:1st round recap- part 1

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Sources: Terrence Williams Wins Most Improved Award

Houston, Texas-- Terrence Williams of the Houston Rockets will be awarded Most Improved Player of the Year, sources say. Williams who was traded by New Jersey last season, had yet to live up to his potential until this season. Williams averaged 17.3 ppg, 8.3 rpg, and 3.4 apg this season as a starter. He also has helped Houston continue their amazing run to end the season and 1st round upset of the Dallas Mavericks.
qfrmcpt310

1st round recap- part 2

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:39 pm

1st round recap: Part 2

Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer celebrating after Rose hit a buzzer beater to end the series in Milwaukee

Chicago wins series 3-0

Chicago exists the 1st round the same way the entered, DOMINATING. Derrick Rose looks to be even better than last year, and the Bulls are rolling. Sweeping the Bucks was just a minor detail is the Bulls gear up for the rematch with the Miami Heat in the second round.
One negative though from this series was the loss of Chicago's off-season addition Jason Richardson. Richardson severely sprung his ankle in game 2 against Milwaukee, after going up for a rebound.
Acquiring Richardson was so Chicago could get past the Heat, after last years Eastern Finals exposing the Bulls lack of options outside of Derrick Rose on offense."It's sad to see any teammate go down, but we can still beat them, " guard Derrick Rose said. "We're not making any excuses, I know I'm going to give all I can out there and I'm sure every other guy on this team will too. We want payback".

Key Game: Game 1-"Rose to the occasion"

Quincy Calloway was a match-up problem all series for Indiana

Philadelphia wins series 3-2

After a few Sixers players showed their dislike toward most of the tv analyst for not picking Quincy Calloway as their rookie of the year, they were vindicated after this series against Indiana. Calloway averaged 21.1 points per game and grabbed 13.6 rebounds in this 5 game series. Most of the time though, those stats have no indication of how much of a problem he was for Indiana. Monta Ellis also was a headache for the Pacers.
They now move on to face the Knicks, who shocked a lot of people by actually playing defense in their last series, for longer than a quarter. The Sixers already have motivation as Amar'e Stoudemire said, "Well you have to earn respect in this league. People put me in the elite class after I averaged 40+ on the best power forward ever, in the conference finals." In response Calloway said, " But did he win, NO! I don't tink so," in a nod to the movie "The Hangover:part 2."

Key Game: Game 5-"Welcome to Broadway"

Brandon Roy laying in the go ahead basket in game 3

Portland wins series 3-0

Well, after all the hoopla, and talk, it was time to play. In the playoffs, the best team wins. This was very clear here. Sacramento fell apart down the stretch of the season because of mouthy players and teammates not getting along, and it showed against Portland. Portland easily dispatched the Kings, led by LaMarcus Aldridge, the Blazers look to be the favorites to make a trip to the NBA Finals this season. Especially after the first round LaMarcus Aldridge had. Averaging over 34 points per game on 56% shooting, he was completely unstoppable.
The Kings now head into the off-season trying to figure out how to fix their problems in the paint and the locker room. Tony Parker earlier this season questioned his teammates effort and after many blowups during their 3 game series against Portland, it's evident a change has to be made. "Guys weren't even trying," Tyreke Evans said of the Kings.

The Blazers will face the surprise Hornets in round 2, while holding home-court for the rest of the western playoffs.

Key Game: Game 3-"PAST-er ROY"
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: TCOBL:1st round recap- part 1

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Brandon Knight is Rookie of the Year

Detroit, Michigan-- Detroit Pistons guard Brandon Knight will win the 2011-12 NBA Rookie of the Year award. The announcing of his win was made after the Pistons announced they would try to work out a new deal to build an new arena in downtown Detroit.
"I just thank God for putting me in this position, my family for supporting me, my teammates for helping me win this, and the fans for being there even in these rough times."

Detroit did not qualify for the playoffs for the third season in a row after making it to the conference finals or further in six straight seasons.
qfrmcpt310

Re: TCOBL:Brandon Knight wins ROY award

Postby Sideshow Bob on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:21 am

I dont see Brandon Knight winning the ROY award its gotta be Derrick Williams!
☆☆
Sideshow Bob
Contributor

Rose wins back-to-back MVP's

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:09 pm

Derrick Rose Is Two Time NBA MVP

Chicago, Illinois-- For the second year in a row, Chicago is home to the NBA's MVP. Derrick Rose wins his second in a row and with good reason. He led the Bulls to the best record in the Eastern Conference for the second year in a row and has led them back to the Eastern Conference Finals.
This is the third time in 8 years that one player has won back to back MVP's. The other two were, Steve Nash(2005-2006), and LeBron James(2009-2010).

Rose will look to lead the Bulls back to the Finals for the 1st time since 1998, Micheal Jordan's last season as a Chicago Bull.
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

2nd round recap

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:19 pm

2nd Round Recap

Chris Paul made Ray Felton look like a grade school guard

New Orleans Wins 4-3

Series MVP: Chris Paul-35.1ppg, 5.5rpg, 11.2apg, 1.2spg

Derrick rose solidified his claim as the best player in the world in this series

Chicago Wins 4-3

Series MVP: Derrick Rose-37.6ppg, 6.5rpg, 8.2apg, 2.2spg

Calloway tried his hardest to keep the Sixers afloat, but w/o help he heads into the offsseason uncertain of his future

New York Wins 4-3

Series MVP: Chauncey Billups-21.3ppg, 4.5rpg, 8apg

Josh Smith has led Houston back to the Western Conference Finals for the 1st time since 1997

Houston Wins 4-3

Series MVP: Terrence Williams-24.8ppg, 6.7rpg, 6.2apg, 1.2bpg, 1.4spg

Short changed this one because I accidentally deleted the original and am too lazy to type another short recap
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Eastern Conference Finals Review!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Eastern Conference Finals Recap

A chippy series from the start, it boiled over for Melo and the Knicks in Game 6 at The Garden

Chicago Wins 4-2

We've all head the old saying defense wins championships. Well, the Bulls have been known as a defensive team ever since Head Coach Tom Thibbideau took over and Chicago has never been the same. The same can't be said for the Knicks, who brought in Mike Woodson as defensive coach, but only showed promise in the 1st round against Orlando. Against the Bulls, New York relied solely on Melo on the offensive end and had little resistance on the other.
Whether that was more so the Bulls or the Knicks inexperience in these situations, the one certainty is that Chicago is headed back to the June Classic for the first time since a man with the statue outside United Center last put on the black and red.
Led by Derrick Rose, who strained his lower back in Game 5 after a hard fall, the Bulls took an early lead and never looked back. After starting cold in the 1st half, Rose proceeded to dominate in the 2nd. He scored 14 of his 41 points in the 3rd and another 15 in the 4th quarter.

"Im really excited man!" Derrick Rose said with jubilation after the Bulls 96-88 win in Madison Square Garden to score their return to the Finals. Though excited, Rose did iterate that business would continue as usual because the team knows it isn't finished. "Obviously we have bigger goals than just getting to the Finals. We want to win it. Now we just have to prepare for our opponent whether it be Houston or New Orleans, and get ready for battle man."

Chicago will open the NBA Finals with home-court advantage Tuesday, June 12, due to being the number one seed in the playoffs. They will face either Josh Smith, Kevin Martin and the historic Houston Rockets or Chris Paul and the miracle New Orleans Hornets.

Series MVP: Derrick Rose-34.2ppg, 7.5rpg, 10.2apg, 3.6spg
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Western Conference Finals Review!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Western Conference Finals Recap

New Orleans will continue its magical ride into the sunset as the franchise reaches the NBA Finals in its final season down in the Bayou

New Orleans Wins 4-3

As hard as it is to believe, the New Orleans Hornets are headed to the NBA Finals for the 1st time in history. This is without starting power forward Kenyon Martin and an injured, but still capable Chris Paul. But, at this point, should anything surprise us anymore?
After a summer of arguing and lots of rhetoric, the league claimed it achieved competitive balance. This season was only the beginning, we saw not only the Hornets, but the 8th seeded Rockets challenge them to make the NBA Finals after acquiring Josh Smith from the Atlanta Hawks. Both shocked analysts and experts alike fighting through injury, fatigue, and more talented teams. Both teams accomplished what few in their position before them did, but of course only one team could make the NBA Finals and that was the team with the best player.

"I worked as hard as I could," Hornets guard Chris Paul said after game 7. "I tried my best to give what I had, but after that 1st quarter my back and ankle just wouldn't allow me to be the same player as I was before"
Paul suffered a lower back strain in game 6 after driving for a layup and being flipped in the air over Kyle Lowry. He injured his right ankle in the 1st quarter of game 7 after grabbing a defensive rebound. When asked would he be ready for game 1 of the NBA Finals in Chicago, Paul said, "I should be alright. I'm worried more about Kenyon though. We'll really need his contributions against a great team like the Bulls."
Martin has been out since game 6 of the Portland series with a dislocated finger. He isn't expected back until around game 3 of The Finals.

Series MVP: Chris Paul-37ppg, 6.1rpg, 9.3apg, 2.8spg
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

2012 NBA Finals Wallpaper

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: 2012 NBA Finals: New Orleans vs. Chicago

Postby Cr0ss0v3rK1ng on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:24 pm

That last picture is sick, good work.
Cr0ss0v3rK1ng

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:20 pm

Cr0ss0v3rK1ng wrote:That last picture is sick, good work.

Thanks bro :)
qfrmcpt310

Postby Cruzerr on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:52 am

That is beast. WOW. Great picture.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

2012 NBA Finals Preview Capsule: Lineups,Injury Report

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:08 pm

New Orleans Hornets

Chicago Bulls

Kenyon Martin will return for game 1 of NBA Finals. He is expected to start, according to Head Coach Monty Williams

Carlos Boozer will return for game 1 of NBA Finals. He will wear protective sleeve on left leg and foot which he broke over a month ago.

Chris Paul and Derrick Rose both say they are 100% for the NBA Finals after taking nagging injuries into the conference finals.
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Cruzerr wrote:That is beast. WOW. Great picture.

Thanks Cruzerr
qfrmcpt310

2012 NBA Finals: New Orleans vs. Chicago-Chi Leads 1-0

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Bulls Squeak Out Finals Opener Against Shorthanded Hornets
GAME 1
95Image98
phpBB [video]

CHICAGO LEADS SERIES 1-0

The Hornets came into the United Center excited and energized and showed no fear through the 1st quarter, led by Chris Paul, who had 14 in the 1st period. From that point on the Chicago Bulls took control of the game as they won the last three quarters.
The Bulls took game 1 98-95 and look to be in complete control as the Hornets try to regroup for game 2.
That might be a little easier said than done though, as New Orleans lost a key component for the rest of the season in game 1 when Trevor Ariza came down on Luol Deng's foot after taking a 3 point jumpshot.

The Hornets fell behind by as many as 20 points in the third quarter while Chris Paul sat to get some rest. Once he returned they went on a 18-4 run going into the 4th quarter. The entire 4th, both teams went back and fourth until the Hornets began to get stops and got to within 3 points with 20 seconds to go. Chris Paul then missed a free throw line fadeaway leading to the fouling of Joakim Noah. Noah made both shots pushing the lead to 5 with 15 seconds to play. The Hornets called a timeout and advanced the ball to halfcourt. They inbounded to Chris Paul who hit a off balance three with 5 seconds to go on the clock. Carlos Boozer then in-bounded to Derrick Rose who made the 1st free throw and missed the second, but a non call for pushing off on Joakim Noah led to the Bulls getting away with a win in game 1 and keeping homecourt advantage.

Player of the Game
presented by
ImageImage

Derrick Rose
19 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 1 block
phpBB [video]
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

2012 NBA Finals: New Orleans vs. Chicago-Series Tied 1-1

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Hornets Win Low Scoring Affair To Steal Homecourt From Bulls
GAME 2
81Image66
phpBB [video]

SERIES TIED 1-1

Seizing control early, the New Orleans Hornets have now managed to take homecourt away from the Chicago Bulls heading back to the most raucous crowd the league has seen since the 2007 Golden State Warriors made it to the playoffs.
Chris Paul got the Hornets going early and they never looked back. One of the main players to step up was shooting guard Shannon Brown who went for 26 points on 9-17 shooting. Most of his looks were obviously set up though by none other than CP3. The Hornets defense also continues to force Chicago to shoot from the outside and take tough contested jumpers. For the second game in a row, Derrick Rose had a dismal night from the field, only hitting 4-15 shots.

The Bulls started the game on a 6-0 run, but they led only for another minute before New Orleans took over the game. No one other than Joakim Noah had over 14 points tonight and after the second half the team couldn't muster more than 20 points in either period. The Bulls will need better shooting nights from the entire, but namely Derrick Rose, who hasn't been able to get a rhythm in these Finals. He was asked if the pressure of playing on this stage had gotten to him, but he said it hadn't. "I just haven't been aggressive as I should be, and I look to change that in these next 3 games in New Orleans."
The basketball world will now descend upon "The Crescent City" for one last time as the city bids it's farewell for a second time to its NBA franchise. Hopefully, they leave the way everyone would like to, and that's with an NBA title..

Player of the Game
presented by
ImageImage

Chris Paul
15 points, 4 rebounds, 9 assists, 6 steals
phpBB [video]
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

NBC NBA Finals Promo

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:57 pm

New NBA Finals Promo Airs on NBC

phpBB [video]

In case you missed it, NBC aired a new NBA Finals promo last night that just gets your blood going! The network said it is also working on several other promos related specifically to these particular NBA Finals. They will air during Finals week in New Orleans.
When asked about what they may feature, one high ranking exec said, "Expect the unexpected. NBC has long been known for its great coverage and top flight presentation of the NBA, but this time we want to take it to another level."
qfrmcpt310

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood