Queen City King-2 month update + ASG!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Future.Is.Now-2kMag Dec.

Postby Radioman on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Shannon Brwon 35 points. :applaud:

Seems you cooled off a bit but still a decent record if you can keep it up.
Radioman

Postby sunsfan13 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:58 am

Love your presentation man (Y) I'm happy to see you beaten by the Suns :twisted:

Shannon Brown (Y) :bowdown2:
sunsfan13

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:59 am

Radioman wrote:Shannon Brwon 35 points. :applaud:

Seems you cooled off a bit but still a decent record if you can keep it up.

sunsfan13 wrote:Love your presentation man (Y) I'm happy to see you beaten by the Suns :twisted:

Shannon Brown (Y) :bowdown2:

Thanks guys, Shannon was killing me from deep
qfrmcpt310

Beef?

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:15 am

Cleveland,OH--According to ESPN's Ric Bucher, multiple sources confirm that Cleveland Cavaliers players Kyrie Irving and Quincy Calloway had an altercation last week that almost came to blows. Rumors are swirling over what the argument was about, but one rumor that some most sources believe is true is that Irving, 20, was intimately involved with Calloway's girlfriend.
Whether that rumor is true or not remains to be seen, but, in the Cavaliers' last three losses, Irving hasn't assisted any of Calloway's baskets. His turnovers have increased significantly as well averaging 4 a game.

When Irving was asked about the incident he said, "I don't know where you guys get this stuff from. Last time I checked me and(Calloway) were cool." Calloway seemed a little more hostile towards the question though responding by saying, "We're good bro."

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

November Update!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:14 pm

NOVEMBER UPDATE

Scoring Leaders
NBA
1.Kevin Durant-34.4ppg
2.Quincy Calloway- 29.7ppg
3.Derrick Williams- 27.6ppg
4.Russell Westbrook- 27.6ppg
5.LeBron James- 26.9ppg

Rookies
1.Harrison Barnes- 18.1ppg
2.Austin Rivers- 15.1ppg
3.Anthony Davis- 13.3ppg
4.Kris Joseph- 13.3ppg
5.Marquis Teague- 13.2ppg

Eastern Conference

1.Image | 8-2 | .800
2.Image | 8-3 | .727
3.Image | 7-3 | .700
4.Image | 7-5 | .583
5.Image | 6-5 | .545
6.Image | 5-5 | .500
7.Image | 5-5 | .500
8.Image | 5-6| .455

Image | 5-6 | .455
Image | 4-6 | .400
Image | 3-6 | .333
Image | 4-9 | .308
Image | 2-7 | .222
Image| 3-9 | .250
Image | 0-8 | .000

Western Conference

1.Image | 8-3 | .727
2. Image| 7-3 | .700
3.Image | 10-6 | .625
4.Image | 6-3 | .667
5.Image | 7-4 | .636
6.Image | 5-3 | .625
7.Image | 6-4 | .600
8.Image | 7-5 | .583

Image | 5-5 | .500
Image | 3-3 | .500
Image | 5-5 | .500
Image | 5-6 | .455
Image | 6-8 | .429
Image | 4-7 | .364
Image | 3-9 | .250
qfrmcpt310

Lakers tame Bullsin Windy City , Clipps slow down Pacers

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Doubleheader
qfrmcpt310

Cavs lose 4th straight after Mile High beating

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:55 pm

qfrmcpt310

Re: F.I.N-Cavs lose 4th straight after Mile High beating

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:32 am

Mmph. Kyrie didn't shoot too well. How did Calloway do?
SuperHueyNewton

Re: F.I.N-Cavs lose 4th straight after Mile High beating

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:00 pm

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Mmph. Kyrie didn't shoot too well. How did Calloway do?

Pretty meh, had 17 and 9, foul trouble most of the game with Faried, Harrington, Mosgov, and McGee all attacking
qfrmcpt310

D-Will to Win, Deron hits 3 @ buzzer Cavs lose 5th straight

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:49 pm

qfrmcpt310

Re: F.I.N-Cavs lose 5th straight after D-Will goes crazy

Postby Leftos on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:12 pm

Daymn Deron. He's been great in my two games against him in my story as well, so I know the feeling.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:32 am

Dang, I'm about to go against him in mine, hopefully I can shut him down.
SuperHueyNewton

Lakers Finally Land The Big Fish!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Was There Any Doubt? Howard Finally A Laker

Los Angeles, California-- EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- An image Los Angeles Lakers fans have been dreaming of for two years finally became a reality Friday night as Dwight Howard held up his newly minted Lakers jersey for the first time at the team's training facility.

Sitting on the Lakers' practice court with 10 Larry O'Brien trophies staring down at him from Lakers executive vice president Jennie Buss' office and 12 championship banners and eight retired jerseys surrounding him on the walls, Howard quickly was introduced to the expectations that now will be placed on him before he even addressed the media.

"There's been a lot of speculation regarding Dwight being traded for the last six to eight to 10 months to a year," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said. "Today, the speculation finally comes to an end. And we're hopeful that 10 years from now, we can add a jersey to that wall over there that says Dwight Howard."

There's no question the ordeal took longer than Howard, the Orlando Magic and everyone involved would have liked, but Howard finally got his wish to be traded from the Orlando Magic on Friday.

In the process, the Lakers were able to pick up the most dominant big man Los Angeles has seen since Shaquille O'Neal, who left Orlando to come there 16 years ago last month.

Howard now joins a storied lineage of Lakers big men dating back to George Mikan, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and O'Neal, who all led the Lakers to championships after joining the team.

"I don't want to try to compete with those guys," Howard said. "I want to bring my own flavor to L.A. I saw a picture last night. It was like the Mount Rushmore (of Lakers centers) and they had all those guys up there and said, 'Will he join the list of heads with the Lakers greats.' I want to be great in my own right. I want to write my own history and today is the first day of that history."

Howard let out a big sigh and flashed a big smile when he finally was given his No. 12 Lakers jersey and held it up for the first time. He inspected it from front to back before carrying it around the rest of the day, peaking at it from time to time to make sure it was real.

"It's kind of unreal," Howard said. "It finally happened. It's here. Just walking around upstairs and driving here ... I'm really a part of the Lakers. It hasn't really hit me yet. I'm just happy to be here and I'm going to make the best out of it."

phpBB [video]

It took six teams, 10 other players, four draft picks and countless rounds of talks over many months, but the Magic decided the time was right to start over without the NBA's best center and end a saga that has dogged the franchise for what seems like an eternity.

"Are we taking a step back? Absolutely, we are," Magic general manager Rob Hennigan said. "But we're taking a step back with a vision."

A lot of players found new homes in the blockbuster, including Andrew Bynum, sent by the Lakers to the Philadelphia 76ers along with guard Jason Richardson from Chicago. The 76ers sent Andre Iguodala to the Denver Nuggets.

"I know my best basketball is ahead of me," Iguodala wrote on Twitter.

Orlando got guard Arron Afflalo and forward Al Harrington from Denver and center Memhet Okur and center Nikola Vucevic from Philadelphia and forward Josh McRoberts from the Lakers. The Lakers got Howard, guard Chris Duhon and forward Earl Clark from Orlando.

The Magic also will get a first-round pick from Denver, a conditional first-round pick from Philadelphia and a conditional second-round pick from the Lakers in 2015, and a conditional first-round pick from the Lakers in 2017. Orlando also will have a $17.8 million trade exception to use over the next year.

If Howard will be back in Los Angeles next season remained a mystery at the end of his news conference.

"Right now, it's about today and I'm here with the Lakers and that's the only thing that matters," Howard said when asked if he would sign a long-term deal with the Lakers next year. "Whatever happens a year from now we'll wait until that time. Right now, it's all about the Lakers and me starting fresh. I'm happy to be here and that's the only thing that matters now."

Kupchak was not as definitive on Howard signing a long-term deal with the team next year, admitting the Lakers have yet to discuss an extension with him and took a gamble that Howard will re-sign with the team next year after he experiences a season in Los Angeles with teammates such as Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol.

"Our feeling was, no matter what anyone says, let's just get him to Los Angeles and we'll take our chances," Kupchak said. "It's the organization, ownership, the city of Los Angeles, our ability to win games, surrounding Dwight with players that will make it easier for him to play the game and not have to burden a load that's maybe not fair."

One source briefed on Howard's plans told ESPN.com's Marc Stein the All-Star center will indeed stand firm on his intent to play out the 2012-13 season without extending his contract so he can become a free agent on July 1, 2013. Going that route will enable Howard to decide how comfortable he is in Los Angeles before deciding whether to re-sign with the Lakers or join the Dallas Mavericks, who will have the requisite salary-cap space to sign Howard and who remain one of his preferred destinations from his original list of three teams (Nets, Lakers and Mavericks).

"If Los Angeles doesn't work out for Dwight, Dallas will be there waiting for him," the source told Stein.

While Howard wouldn't commit to the Lakers past this season, he sounded like a player who looked forward to learning from Bryant, Nash and Gasol and one day taking over the reins of the Lakers.

"I want to be a great leader and I have an opportunity to learn from the best in Kobe on how to lead a team," Howard said. "In order to be a great leader, you have to learn how to follow. I'm looking forward to following in the steps of Kobe Bryant in how he leads a team and Steve Nash and Pau. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from those guys because one day I want to be the guy that leads the team to a championship and this is a perfect time to start."

The Lakers pulled off the deal and somehow kept Gasol in the process -- something many didn't expect when the Lakers first started getting mentioned in the Howard trade mix.

Howard said a reported phone conversation he had with Bryant last season that initially soured him on coming to the Lakers was in the past and that he spoke with Bryant on Thursday night and did his best Bryant impersonation in relaying what Bryant told him.

"L.A. is happy to have you," Howard said, imitating Bryant. "You're part of the team now and we're looking forward to getting this ring now. I'm happy for you man. It's all over with. I'm happy for you."

Howard said Bryant was the first player he talked to since the trade and is looking forward to talking to others and working on his impersonations of Gasol and Metta World Peace.

Bryant, meanwhile, quickly proclaimed the Lakers are "locked and loaded to bring back the title."

"I'll probably play two or three more years. Then the team is his," Bryant said. "I'm excited for the franchise because now they have a player that can carry the franchise well after I'm gone. This should be his and he should want to accept that challenge."
The relatively short commute from his hotel to the Lakers' training center in El Segundo enabled the Lakers to schedule a news conference on the same day the trade was made official by the league. There was a crowd of fans and paparazzi surrounding the hotel as Howard left for the news conference Friday.

I'm just happy to be here in L.A. I've been here for four months, and it's been home for me. It's been great. I started off walking around Beverly Hills and every day I had this one lady who would always come and say, 'Come to the Lakers! Come to the Lakers!' If she's watching, I'm here."

When Howard was given a tour of the Lakers' training facility, he stopped when he saw the Larry O'Brien trophies in Buss' office overlooking the practice court.

"The first thing was, when we (came) here to practice, they tell us that those are not the real trophies," Howard said. "So when I got up there, they said those are the trophies. I was like, 'Well let me touch one.' I didn't know those were the real trophies, so that's why I was up there. Touching the trophies and making some wishes."

Howard also held Buss' 2002 championship ring and inspected it before looking up at the championship banners surrounding the practice court and smiling again as he looked down at his Lakers jersey.

"This has been a tough summer but it's finally over," Howard said. "I'm looking forward to starting fresh here today and making history here for myself and the organization. Thank you for putting up with me during this time. It's going to be better."

Trade Breakdown:
Orlando receives: Aaron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vuecivic, Josh McRoberts, 3 1st rounders(13' LA,15' LA,13' Den)
LA Lakers receives: Dwight Howard, Earl Clark, Chris Duhon
Chicago receives: Marco Bellineli
New Orleans receives: 1st round draft pick (13' Phi)
Denver receives: Andre Igoudala
Philadelphia receives: Andrew Bynum, Jason Richardson

phpBB [video]
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:59 pm

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Dang, I'm about to go against him in mine, hopefully I can shut him down.

Leftos wrote:Daymn Deron. He's been great in my two games against him in my story as well, so I know the feeling.

Sorry bout replying so late, but yes he absolutely destroyed my squad :lol:
qfrmcpt310

Ryan Anderson heads to the Bayou

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Orlando Clearing House, Ship Anderson to Big Easy

New Orleans, LA--The New Orleans Hornets' frontcourt is taking shape after acquiring 2012's NBA Most Improved player runner-up Ryan Anderson.

Sources with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com on Sunday that the Hornets and Orlando Magic reached agreement on a deal that will send Magic forward Ryan Anderson to New Orleans to play alongside prized rookie Anthony Davis.

The Magic will receive two future second-round picks and cash considerations.

The Hornets were in talks to sign Anderson, a unrestricted free agent this summer, to an extension, but sources say that trade talks with the Magic have progressed quickly once Orlando officials decided to part ways with Dwight Howard making a long term offer to Anderson wasn't in the teams' best interest.

NBA.com is reporting that Anderson will sign a three-year extension worth between $25-27 million.
qfrmcpt310

Re: F.I.N-Calloway trade rumors flying

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:42 am

Cleveland,OH--According to sources, ESPN's Chris Broussard is reporting that Cleveland Cavalier forward Quincy Calloway "will be traded."

The second year star had begin the season amazing leading the league in scoring the first 3 weeks of the season. Then, after a falling out with teammate Kyrie Irving led to the teams' current 5-game loosing streak and blowups in the locker room. Sources say Cleveland management were waiting for the Dwight Howard trade to happen so they could "make a move."

Cleveland has been calling around the league assessing the value they could get back for Calloway, sources say that three teams emerged as front-runners as trade partners, the teams are supposedly the Toronto Raptors, Charlotte Bobcats, and Denver Nuggets.

The Bobcats are said to be in the lead at this point, but a deal is not imminent. Sources say, Charlotte proposed a four-team deal that would bring Calloway and Tyreke Evans to Charlotte and send Kemba Walker and other pieces to Cleveland. Cavaliers management is said to be a highly interested in either the Nuggets or Raptors deals though.

Denver is offering a package centered around forward Kenneth Faried and other pieces, while Toronto is giving Cleveland a choice of Jonas Valanciunas or Andrea Bargnani as the center piece of their offer.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: F.I.N-Calloway trade rumors flying, Dwight a Laker

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 am

I know I gotta go with them bobcats though :D
SuperHueyNewton

Cleveland Rocked by Bulls...Again

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:01 pm

qfrmcpt310

Queen City King

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Jordan says he has his "Franchise Guy" Cats Land Calloway

Charlotte, NC--The Cleveland Cavaliers ended a month long courtship with their big free agent splash Quincy Calloway last night after coming to terms with the Charlotte Bobcats on a trade for the talented sophomore.

The five team deal will send Quincy Calloway and Semih Erden to Charlote. The Bobcats will send Thomas Robinson to the Sacramento Kings, two first-round draft picks to Cleveland(2013, 2015), Bismack Biyombo and a second round draft choice to Dallas. Sacramento will send Kenyon Martin and their first round draft pick to Cleveland. Dallas will send Tyler Zeller to Cleveland also. Cleveland will also be sending out Andrei Kirelenko. He'll land in Minnesota while the Wolves send back Travis Outlaw and their 2014 1st round draft pick.
After a dispute between Cleveland Cavaliers face of the franchise Kyrie Irving, Calloway was said to have requested to be traded "anywhere." Sources also say that Cleveland didn't want to trade the forward and tried to let it "blow over," but after a 2 week free fall loosing six straight games, Cavaliers brass was inclined to make an immediate move.
Charlotte was the only team to push hard to acquire Calloway. After making headlines earlier in the season about wanting a franchise player to lead the Bobcats out of the financial depths and to bring a buzz back to the city of Charlotte for NBA basketball again. Sources said Jordan was, "a man possessed" once Calloway became available.

When asked about the trade Jordan answered, "When there is a guy with that much talent out there and you have a real shot at getting him, you have to make it happen. Not to mention he's a big man and with as much talent as he has, this is probably a once in a lifetime chance. We believe he will be the start of something new here in Charlotte, hope is renewed not only for us, but for all the fans that supported us through the worst of times and the ones who were cautious to come back, this move has awoken all of them and I'm as excited as they are to see what type of culture and what type of franchise we can build on his shoulders."

Trade Breakdown:
Cleveland receives: 4 1st rounders(14' Min,13'Cha,15' Cha,13' Sac), Tyler Zeller, Travis Outlaw, Kenyon Martin
Dallas receives: Bismack Biyombo, 2nd rounder(13' Cha)
Sacramento receives: Thomas Robinson
Minnesota receives: Andrei Kirelenko
Charlotte receives: Quincy Calloway, Semih Erden
qfrmcpt310

Charlotte is excited

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

phpBB [video]

Judging by the vid I only have one assessment, HOLY **** We Have Talent!

Ok, let me just try to grasp what happened. We just traded for a 20 year old who averaged 19 points and 9 rebounds in his rookie year and is averaging 26 points and 8 rebounds so far this year. Those number have dropped dramatically from two weeks ago as he was averaging 35.5 points and 11 rebounds!!! Are you F**king kidding me?
This is the best day Charlotte sports has had since, the Charlotte Hornets were created. We just went from the laughing stock of the league, who also just missed out on the next big thing Anthony Davis after the worst year in professional basketball history, to probably a 8th seeded playoff team with room to grow. And yeah, and we have a 20 year old superstar caliber player now.
Yes I said it, SUPERSTAR! This dude will be special. He has already shown it at times, but he's never had his "own" team before. He even mentioned it today in his introductory presser. " So far in my first two seasons I haven't been THE go-to guy out there on the court. In Philly it was Monta and in Cleveland it was Kyrie. I guess it's cause I'm not a guard," he said. This guy is super athletic, a physical specimen, can shoot, can handle the ball, can pass, is unselfish, can play defense, hell he can even help the mascot during halftime and serve peanuts and slushies.

Mark my words, he will average 30, 10,10 at least one season before he retires. Charlotte today marks the beginning of us being a serious NBA city. This isn't about the Hornets or Bobcats, this is about winning and making this the premiere city for professional basketball. The Lakers had to start and build their tradition from something, Quincy is the first one to usher us into this new era.

Here's some pics he posted on his twitter of his arrival to Charlotte in sequential order...
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Queen City King

Postby sunsfan13 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:32 am

Epic editing bro (Y) :bowdown2: Hope Calloway will get Bobcats back to the Playoffs. Good luck (Y)
sunsfan13

Postby megarover on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:46 am

I didn't see that trade coming. He is definitely the best player to ever play for the Bobcats
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Cruzerr on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Where did that trade come from? Jesus, nice going. :P Looking forward to more.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:16 pm

megarover wrote:I didn't see that trade coming. He is definitely the best player to ever play for the Bobcats

Cruzerr wrote:Where did that trade come from? Jesus, nice going. :P Looking forward to more.

Yeah, sorry bout blindsiding you guys w/ that one, I tried setting up a little backstory for it about a week in advance. Cleveland just wasn't working for me. The dynamic between me and Kyrie I didn't like so I kind of wanted my own team so I could pretty much be the main focal point. Similar to Andrew Bynum :lol:
sunsfan13 wrote:Epic editing bro (Y) :bowdown2: Hope Calloway will get Bobcats back to the Playoffs. Good luck (Y)

Thanks bro...and it's gonna take some work, we're 7 games under .500 12 games into the season :lol:
qfrmcpt310

Cats burn Suns in Calloway's debut

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:20 pm

okay guys, that will be the last game-to-game update for awhile so I can make this go a tad faster with school and things starting back up for me. I MIGHT an article if I have a record night but this is it until the playoffs. I'll now use a monthly update pattern I used in an older association I had. So thanks guys and I'll keep this going as long as I can.
qfrmcpt310

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood