Queen City King-2 month update + ASG!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: NBC NBA Finals Promo/12' Finals-CHI v NO tied 1-1

Postby Martti. on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:31 am

Your graphics skills are insane! Well done, tough that your run for the title was cut short though.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

2012 NBA Draft Lottery-Clippers win 1st pick

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Clippers Win 1st Pick In 2012 NBA Draft

SECAUCUS, N.J. -- The Clippers got another 1st overall pick winning the lottery and the No. 1 selection in this month's loaded NBA draft. Although, many sources are hearing LA is willing to trade this pick to improve by acquiring proven talent. Sources say the Clippers have had discussions with the Hornets about acquiring the draft pick.
This is the second time in the last 3 years the Clippers got the no.1 pick.

Cleveland will select second and the Charlotte Bobcats will pick third.

The Clippers are still expected to select Anthony Davis regardless of the trade talks.

The rest of the draft order goes as follows:

Team
1. LA Clippers(from Minnesota)
2. Cleveland
3. Charlotte
4. San Antonio
5. Toronto
6. Boston
7. Boston (from LA Clippers)
8. Detroit
9. Washington
10. Atlanta (from San Antonio)
11. Golden State
12. Utah
13. Phoenix
14. Denver
Odds of Winning
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Martti. wrote:Your graphics skills are insane! Well done, tough that your run for the title was cut short though.

Thaks Martti, yeah I tried my best, but Carmelo dominated anyone I threw at him. Chauncey also abused Jrue Holiday in the post constantly. Everyone else I could manage, but those 2 averaged I believe nearly 50 combined each game for the series :( .
qfrmcpt310

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:54 am

Looking really good man. Props (Y) Still can't believe the Spurs traded TP for Thompson :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Waves (2019), Sunset Boulevard (1950), Renfield (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Thierry • wrote:Looking really good man. Props (Y) Still can't believe the Spurs traded TP for Thompson :lol:

Salary dump, I think they have something big planned :wink:
qfrmcpt310

2012 Finals-Chicago v New Orleans: CHI Leads 2-1

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:45 am

Bulls Come Out Strong and Never Look Back
GAME 3
84Image92
phpBB [video]

CHICAGO LEADS 2-1

Opening the game on a 12-1 run, the Bulls never looked to relinquish led by a relentless Derrick Rose. The Bulls ended the 1st quarter up 30 to 12, setting a NBA Finals record for 1st quarter points allowed in a championship series game. Later in the game the Bulls stayed at a pretty fair distance using their superb bench to maintain momentum.

"I didn't want to lose to in a row. We're too close man, and I can feel this is our time, " Bulls guard Derrick Rose said after the teams' win over the Hornets.
Chris Paul blamed himself after the game for the loss saying "he shouldn't have gotten into foul trouble." He also said that he'll give it his all in game 4 regardless of fouls or injury.
Bulls forward Carlos Boozer had a miserable night from the field as he only scored 11 points on 5 for 15 shooting. 11 of his shots were taken during the first quarter, mainly due to Tom Thibodeau's plan to get Boozer into a rhythm for the series. "I just couldn't get one to drop," Boozer explained. " I'll definitely need to step it up next game, and for the rest of the series to help us win against this Hornets team."

Player of the Game
presented by
ImageImage

Derrick Rose
27 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals
phpBB [video]
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

2012 Finals-Chicago v New Orleans: CHI Leads 3-1

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:00 pm

D-Rose Drops 40 As Bulls Are One Win Away From Title
GAME 4
71Image91
phpBB [video]

CHICAGO LEADS 3-1

At this point, I don't believe there is any question who the 2012 NBA Champions will be. After starting these Finals slow and having many mistakes on defense, Chicago is one win away from bringing The Windy City its first title in 14 years. This team has exhibited such dominance at both ends of the floor these last two games and have completely taken Chris Paul out of the series.

Derrick Rose has had his way with just about everyone, culminating in a sensational 40 point outburst in game 4. Rose was hitting from the outside, mid-range, inside, and just about anywhere else imaginable on the court. He shot an efficient 15-23 from the floor and 7-7 from the charity stripe. Derrick reflected on his game saying,"It doesn't matter what I score, as long as the team wins."

The Bulls know game 5 will be the toughest and most important game they've ever faced in their career, but they all say they are up to the challenge and expect New Orleans to give them all they can handle. Whether the Bulls win it all here in New Orleans or back home in Chicago, one thing is for certain. This team isn't going anywhere anytime soon and Derrick Rose is only in the beginning stages of his amazingly bright future.

Player of the Game
presented by
ImageImage

Derrick Rose
40 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 1 block
phpBB [video]
qfrmcpt310

Chicago Bulls Win 2012 NBA Championship

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:22 pm

Bulls Close Out NBA Finals Against Pesky Hornets To Win 7th Title In Franchise History
GAME 5
85Image88
Bulls fans around the world rejoiced including the Master & Chief, President Barack Obama
CHICAGO WINS 4-1

Bulls fans have waited 14 years for this moment, The Chicago Bulls are the NBA Champions. After failing to maintain homecourt, the Bulls won all three games in New Orleans and will head back to the Windy City for a celebration of epic proportions.

It wasn't easy though, as the Hornets gave it everything they had, most notably guard Shannon Brown, who had 28 points today. The Bulls were once again led by the outstanding play of Derrick Rose, who won the Bill Russell MVP Award for his amazing play throughout the playoffs. Rose averaged 32.5 ppg, 5 apg, 4.2 rpg, 3.8 spg, and 0.6 bpg. One of the greatest single playoff runs by one player ever.

After the win, President Barack Obama let the world now how proud he was of his hometown team saying, "it's a great day for the city of Chicago, and it's been a long time coming for that city. Hopefully Rose's ring count will be even higher than that guy who used to wear 23<" as he said laughingly joking about Micheal Jordan, who won six titles in Chicago. The President also invited the Bulls to make their White House visit during the summer because of his impending re-election this fall.

Player of the Game
presented by
ImageImage

Derrick Rose
33 points, 2 rebounds, 6 assists, 7 steals
phpBB [video]
qfrmcpt310

Re: Chicago Bulls Win 2012 NBA Championship

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 pm

NBC Does it Again With Final Credits

phpBB [video]

As was the case the first time around, the NBA on NBC airs a final credits after the end of the NBA Finals. This year was the first time since 2002 when the last telecast was broadcast by NBC. The video is over 4 minutes in length and features moments from the 1st round of the playoffs to the championship trophy presentation.
The songs used in the video are made by Pat Benatar and The Outfield. The songs are named "All Fired Up" and "Winning It All" respectively.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Off-season Next!/CHI 2012 Champs/NBC Final Credits Video

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Brooklyn and Charlotte Release New Logos and Colors

Charlotte introduces "Carolina Blue" while Brooklyn goes with classic black and white

By Bill Plasche
Jun 24th, 2012|11:06 a.m.

The Brooklyn Nets and Charlotte Bobcats logos and colors were released today by the NBA for tomorrows NBA Draft in New York City at Madison Square Garden.
The Bobcats will introduce colors familiar to the region they're located with adding "Carolina Blue" to their color scheme. All the logos will remain the same, but orange has been replaced with mostly "Cool Grey" while orange has become a accent color. The faded shade of blue from past Bobcat logos is also replaced with a shade of "Navy Blue".
It's obvious Michael Jordan understands that the city of Charlotte doesn't associate itself with the Bobcats as they once did with the Hornets, and this was a step in the right direction, but the name Bobcats and the team being terrible doesn't help his cause. Acquiring the name "Hornets" would do wonders for the brand, but so would winning.

The Brooklyn bound Nets went in a different direction than their history. Mainly because their history of logos has been pretty terrible. Going with different colors was a positive as it's best to move into Brooklyn with a fresh start in mind after all the futility in New Jersey the last half decade. The Nets also are pushing the "Brooklyn" brand more than the Nets brand. This is evident in the secondary logo and the teams' color scheme designed in part by minority owner Jay-Z, who is from the borough.

We believe the new look for these teams will be a welcomed addition to the league and it is a welcome sight to see another red,white and blue colorway hit the exit door. But, Do you like these new logos?

bill.plasche@latimes.com

twitter.com/latimesplasche
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Brooklyn and Seattle unveil logos/ Off-season Coming Up

Postby Pooh on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:09 am

Ahhh mah Philly boys :cheeky:
Pooh

Postby Lamrock on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Lots of cool ideas in this one. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Lamrock

Davis goes 1st in 2012 NBA Draft

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:34 pm

Clippers Select Anthony Davis With 1st Pick In 2012 NBA Draft

NEW YORK, N.Y. -- The Los Angeles Clippers got another building block to add to their young core in University of Kentucky big man, Anthony Davis, who the Clippers selected with the No. 1 overall selection in this year's NBA draft.
The Clippers selected first for the 4th time in franchise history. Their last draft pick in the top pick was in 2009, which turned into Blake Griffin who is pretty good. The last time the team selected that high before 2009 was 1st overall in 1998 when the franchise selected center Micheal Olowokandi over now future Hall of Fame players Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce, and Vince Carter.

Cleveland selected Kentucky star swingman Micheal-Kidd Ghilchrist with second overall pick. This is the 1st small forward the Cavaliers have drafted in the lottery since LeBron James in 2003. Ghilchrist is projected as the second best prospect in this years draft, but he is undoubtedly considered the second best all around player.
The Charlotte Bobcats selected Thomas Robinson third overall.Cleveland traded guard Daniel Gibson and 2 future 1st rounders to San Antonio for scoring dynamo Dion Waiters out of Syracuse with the fourth overall pick, Waiters looks to be a reach for Dan Gilbert & company at number 4. To finish off the top five, the Raptors took sweet shooting North Carolina forward Harrison Barnes fifth. Barnes was projected as a top 3 selection last year, but due to staying an extra year his stock dropped slightly. The Raps now look to have a solid young and exciting team featuring Demar Derozan, Andrea Bargnani, Harrison Barnes, and Jonas Valanciunas who will arrive to play in the NBA this year.

Trades were in abundance tonight as teams were positioning themselves to get some of this drafts top talent, while other teams are trying to shed salary to improve during this free agent period.
The LA Clippers traded Mo Williams in a 4-team deal with Utah, Brooklyn and Chicago. Chicago will sign & trade backup point guard C.J.Watson to Brooklyn, the Clippers will send Williams to Utah and Brooklyn will send 17th overall pick Myck Kabongo to Utah while the Jazz will send the 12th pick Marquis Teague to Chicago and send Ronnie Price along with a future 2nd round pick form Brooklyn to LA.
The New Orleans Hornets traded power forward Kenyon Martin to the Sacramento Kings in a 4-team trade. The Kings will send Glen"Big Baby"Davis to the Orlando Magic, the Magic will send David West to the Indiana Pacers who will send Carl Landry back to New Orleans, he is expected to be receive a buyout. The Hornets also traded guard Shannon Brown and their 20th overall pick to the Phoenix Suns for the 13th overall draft pick and Robin Lopez.
The Milwaukee Bucks, lacking size, traded for Dallas Mavericks center Samuel Dalembert. In a 3-team deal with the Rockets, the Mavs will send Dalembert to Milwaukee while the Bucks will send Jon Leur to the Rockets, the Rockets will send Marcus Morris to Dallas. Sources with knowledge say that Dallas will be making a run at both Dwight Howard and Deron Williams in free agency.
The Los Angeles Lakers traded away 6th man of the year candidate Jamal Crawford to the Portland Trailblazers for a future 1st round pick and cash considerations. The Philadelphia 76ers trade away Marresse Speights in a 3-team deal. Speights will head to Memphis, the Grizzlies will send a 1st round draft pick to Philadelphia while Grieves Vasquez will head to New Orleans for Quincy Pondexter. Also the Indiana Pacers traded guard Brandon Rush to the Golden State Warriors for Louis Amundson. The Celtics traded away 7th overall pick Perry Jones III for Cole Aldrich and a 2nd round pick next year.

The entire 1st round of the draft went as follows:

Player-College
1. Anthony Davis-(from Minnesota)-Kentucky
2. Micheal-Kidd Ghilchrist-Kentucky
3. Thomas Robinson-Kansas
4. Dion Waiters-Syracuse
5. Harrison Barnes-North Carolina
6. Jared Sullinger-Ohio State
7. Perry Jones III (from LA Clippers)-Baylor
8. Andre Drummond-UCONN
9. Jeremy Lamb-UCONN
10. Terrence Jones (from San Antonio)-Kentucky
11. Bradley Beal-Florida
12. Marquis Teague-Kentucky
13. Austin Rivers (from Phoenix)-Duke
14. Tyler Zeller-North Carolina
15. Terrence Ross-Washington
16. Patric Young-Florida
17. Myck Kabongo-Texas
18. John Henson-North Carolina
19. Quincy Miller-Baylor
20. Kendall Marshall-North Carolina
21. Kris Joseph-Syracuse
22.William Buford-Ohio State
23. Mason Plumlee-Duke
24. Tim Hardaway Jr.-Michigan
25. Myers Leonard-Illinois
26. Chase Stanback-UNLV
27. Renardo Sidney-Mississippi State
28. JaMychal Green-Alabama
29. Tony Wrotten Jr.-Washington
30. Doron Lamb-Kentucky
Team
LA Clippers
Cleveland Cavaliers
Charlotte Bobcats
Cleveland (from San Antonio)
Toronto Raptors
Boston Celtics
OKC Thunder(From Boston)
Detroit Pistons
Washington Wizards
Atlanta Hawks
Golden State Warriors
Chicago Bulls(from Jazz)
New Orleans Hornets(from Suns)
Dallas Mavericks(from Nuggets)
Milwaukee Bucks
Philadelphia 76ers
New Jersey Nets
San Antonio Spurs(from Sacramento)
Orlando Magic
Phoenix Suns(from Hornets)
Atlanta Hawks
New Orleans Hornets
Oklahoma City Thunder
Miami Heat
Atlanta Hawks
Los Angeles Lakers
Portland TrailBlazers
Indiana Pacers
Dallas Mavericks
LA Clippers(from Bulls)
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 15 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Drummond 1st pick in 2012 Draft/BKLYN and SEA unveil log

Postby hova- on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Sick logos, I like them. This story seems to be full of potential. Will be following. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Drummond 1st pick in 2012 Draft/BKLYN and SEA unveil log

Postby Sideshow Bob on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:50 am

That makes both of us!
☆☆
Sideshow Bob
Contributor

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:53 am

Lamrock wrote:Lots of cool ideas in this one. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Thanks for checking in I appreciate it.
hova- wrote:Sick logos, I like them. This story seems to be full of potential. Will be following. (Y)

Glad to have you as a reader :)
∂Θℓℱ ₩ΔN∂ wrote:That makes both of us!

Thanks bro, I did try to think the Sonics one out for a few days. Was tougher than I thought.
StompMyJordans wrote:Ahhh mah Philly boys :cheeky:

Yeah I loved playing with Philly, just didn't have the firepower though to get past NY
qfrmcpt310

Chris Paul traded to LA Clippers

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:23 am

Chris Paul Is Headed To Hollywood

The Los Angeles Clippers have acquired guard Chris Paul in a trade with the New Orleans Hornets.

The Clippers will send guard Eric Gordon, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and 2012 first overall pick Anthony Davis to the Sonics for Paul. The Clippers will also receive two future second-round picks.

On Thursday, Paul tweeted a goodbye to New Orleans.

"THANK YOU NEW ORLEANS for 7 of the BEST years of my life," an entry on his Twitter account read. "To the organization, my teammates, coaches, and the fans you will always be my family and have a special place in my heart!!!"

The deal required the approval of NBA commissioner David Stern due to new owner Tom Benson not being approved yet..

The move puts an end to a tortured week in which the Hornets' future sat in limbo while the NBA took a public relations beating over everything from potential conflicts of interest, to stunting the Hornets' pursuit of free agents, to disrespecting the New Orleans fan base.

"I knew we were doing the best thing for this franchise and that was my job," Stern said. "You have to stick with what you think was right. I must confess it wasn't a lot of fun, but I don't get paid to have fun."

Stern said he never allowed other owners' opinions or considerations of large and small markets to determine where Paul, one of the NBA's biggest stars, would end up. He said his only focus was on getting the best deal for the Hornets.
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: CP3 to LA/Drummond 1st in 12' Draft/BKLYN,SEA unveil log

Postby john26 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:41 pm

That last sentence is funny
john26

Big Al sent to Atlanta

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:18 pm

Sources: Jazz Send Jefferson To Atlanta

Atlanta, Georgia-- The Utah Jazz have agreed to send Al Jefferson to the Atlanta Hawks for 10th overall selection Terrence Jones and 2 future first round picks, sources say.

Jefferson was acquired by Utah before the 2011 NBA season, but mid-season the team decided to head into more of a rebuilding phase by trading then franchise cornerstone Deron Williams to the Nets. Jefferson after to pretty average years in Utah had yet to live up to his potential, and with a crowded frontcourt in Utah with Paul Millsap, Enes Kanter, Derrick Favors, and Jeremy Evans it was imperative the franchise and Jefferson part ways.

The Hawks will now have a legitimate starting center in Jefferson to pair with all-star Al Horford in the frontcourt. Jefferson averaged 18.3 ppg, 9.3 rpg, and 2.8 apg this season.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Big Al 2 ATL,CP3 2 LA/Drummond 1st in 12' Draft

Postby Cruzerr on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Everything seems nice, keep going :)
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby kc2135 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:11 am

Love it, I'm following
kc2135

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:31 pm

kc2135 wrote:Love it, I'm following

Cruzerr wrote:Everything seems nice, keep going :)

THANKS GUYS.

Just to update, I should be finished w/ the roster tomorrow that's when I'll show what else transpired in the Summer of 2012, also I have to complete the uni's for Brooklyn, Seattle and Charlotte then I'll be ready to go :wink:
qfrmcpt310

Kidd, Davis to NYK

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:50 am

Sources: Knicks Sign Kidd, Wright, and close to acquiring Chandler

New York, New York-- The New York Knicks have agreed to terms with free agent point guard Jason Kidd to a 3 yr. 9 million dollar deal, sources say.

Kidd was long expected to resign with Dallas after his contract was up due to his connection to star power forward Dirk Nowitzki who both thought they'd retire together in Dallas. New York also agreed to a deal with athletic forward Brandon Wright, worth $1.2 million. Guard Jeremy Lin signed a 1yr. non-guaranteed contract with the Houston Rockets for $1.2 million also.

Sources also indicate that Pat Riley is actively shopping center Tyson Chandler after having a dismal season in Miami that resulted in an altercation between Chandler and LeBron James. The Knicks are close to acquiring him for two 2nd round draft picks and Ronny Turiaf. Reports indicate James called Chandler out after the Heat's loss to the Bulls in game 7 of the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals, even going as far as to saying James told Chandler, "You're a punk[expletive]and you was overrated ever since Dirk won your[expletive] a ring."
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

2012 FA Signings

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Old Faces In New Places

Over the last few days a ton of free agents found new teams and we are going to give you a run down of each move every team made.
The Clippers signed former finals MVP Chauncey Billups to a 2 yr $10M contract. He will play shooting guard next to Chris Paul. Andre Miller who was a member of the Heat will be dealt in a sign & trade to the Denver Nuggets to regain former Heat point guard Mario Chalmers. The LA Clippers have brought back versatile forward Lamar Odom for a 3yr/ $12 million deal. Meanwhile, the LA Lakers agreed to a sign & trade for former back-to-back NBA MVP Steve Nash. Kevin Garnett will not retire and returns to Boston on a 3yr/ S30 million deal. Ray Allen will head down to South Beach to play for the Miami Heat with a 2yr/ $6 million deal. Both Allen and Garnett wanted to return to Boston, but with the emergence of Avery Bradley last season, Allen's role diminished. Reports indicate that Garnett(who has a home in Malibu) was being coaxed by Kobe Bryant to join him in LA for another chance at winning a title, but sources say Garnett's loyalty for the Celtics wouldn't allow for the two to join forces.
Forward Antawn Jamison signed on with the Los Angeles Lakers for a chance to win to end his career, signing a 1 year/ $1.4 million veteran's minimum contract. Guard Vince Carter re-signed with the Dallas Mavericks on a 2yr. veteran's minimum deal worth $2.5M dollars.
Troubled swingman Michael Beasley will head to the desert as he signed a 4 yr. $30M dollar deal with the Phoenix Suns. Also, the Denver Nuggets re-signed restricted free agent Wilson Chandler to a 3 yr. $29M dollar contract.
A full list of todays signings is on the list below:

Name
Gerald Wallace
Goran Dragic
Jameer Nelson
Earl Watson
Shelden Williams
Rip Hamilton
Kwame Brown
Martel Webster
Ryan Hollins
Rudy Fernandez
Andre Miller
Marcus Thorton
Jeff Green
Tim Duncan
T.J. Ford
Chris Kaman
Mehmet Okur
Nenad Kristic
James Jones
Delonte West
Courtney Lee
Kris Humphries
Josh McRoberts
Charlie Villanueava
OJ Mayo
J.J. Hickson
Kirk Hinrich
Jason Terry
Aaron Gray
Mo Evans
Ronny Turiaf
Elton Brand
Carl Landry
Nick Young
Contract
4yr/$40M
3yr/$33.4M
3yr/20M
1yr/$1.4M
1yr/$1.4M
2yr/$10M
1yr/$1.4M
3yr/$9.3M
1yr/$1.4M
2yr/$5M
2yr/$8M
3yr/$18.4M
4yr/$20M
1yr/$15.88M
2yr/$4.73M
3yr/$16.2M
1yr/$4.5M
1yr/$4M
3yr/$7.5M
1yr/$2.5M
3yr/$18M
3yr/$24M
1yr/$3M
3yr/$12.4M
2yr/$9M
2yr/$9.3M
2yr/$8M
3yr/$15M
1yr/$490k
1yr/$1.2M
1yr/$1.4M
2yr/$6M
2yr/$8M
1yr/$9M
Team
Brooklyn Nets
Phoenix Suns
Orlando Magic
Phoenix Suns
Phoenix Suns
Chicago Bulls
Philadelphia 76ers
Indiana Pacers
Los Angeles Clippers
Denver Nuggets
Denver Nuggets
Charlotte Bobcats
Boston Celtics
San Antonio Spurs
San Antonio Spurs
Dallas Mavericks
New Orleans Hornets
Portland Trailblazers
Miami Heat
Dallas Mavericks
Boston Celtics
Brooklyn Nets
Los Angeles Lakers
Portland Trailblazers
Dallas Mavericks
Charlotte Bobcats
Atlanta Hawks
Boston Celtics
Phoenix Suns
OKC Thunder
LA Clippers
Dallas Mavericks
Golden State Warriors
Philadelphia 76ers
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 21 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Dwight to Brooklyn?

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Sources: Brooklyn Close To Acquiring Howard From Magic

Brooklyn, New York-- The Brooklyn Nets are in serious discussions with the Orlando Magic to acquire superstar center Dwight Howard, sources say.

The Magic and Otis Smith are awaiting a decision from owner Rich DeVos on whether to accept the Nets' package, a 3-team deal which would send Luis Scola to Philadelphia and Elton Brand, Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks, Damion James, and a 2014 1st round draft pick to Orlando.
Or the LA Lakers offer of Andrew Bynum, Steve Blake, Devin Ebanks, Andrew Goudelock, Darius Morris, Luke Walton, a 2013 1st round draft pick, and cash considerations. Sources say that DeVos views Bynum as a franchise cornerstone and believes he is clearly the best possible player the Magic can acquire. While he prefers Bynum over Lopez, he believes the Nets' offer outside of Lopez is a bit better.

A decision is expected by tonight or tomorrow.
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood