Queen City King-2 month update + ASG!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Dwight to Brooklyn?

Postby Radioman on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:05 pm

I would prefer the Nets offer. :D
Radioman

Hansen wants a team for Seattle

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Seattle,WA-- Chris Hansen sees the groundswell of support that seems to be developing in the community behind his push for a new arena that could bring the NBA back to Seattle.

''We keep saying it, and I think people are listening and hearing us say it, but they're probably hopeful it happens before then,'' Hansen said in an interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday morning. ''I think they're so excited about the prospect of us getting the deal through that they haven't thought about the patience required on the other end.

''I'm sure there could be some disillusionment if this takes a long time. That's one of the things that worries me.''

Hansen's arena proposal, which calls for nearly $300 million in private investment for the $500 million facility, is being vetted by the Seattle City Council and King County Council. The public investment is capped at $200 million and would come from taxes and revenues generated through the new facility. They would be paid through 30-year bonds and any franchise that relocates to Seattle would be required to sign a non-relocation agreement that would span the life of those bonds.

Hansen spoke before the county council later Tuesday and will speak before the City Council on Wednesday.

One question Hansen will not be able to answer is when a team might be coming back to the Puget Sound area if the proposal is approved. Hansen said he expects NBA franchises to become available for relocation in the next five years and that the key is for his group to be a viable option when a franchise begins looking for a new home. That means having an approved arena plan and all preliminary work done or in the process of completion so a shovel can go in the ground on the new facility when a team is acquired.

Hansen declined to talk about specific franchises or details about discussions with the NBA.

''With the different opportunities that are out there, our job is to stand up and make the best case for Seattle,'' Hansen said. ''It's not to be predatory and go out there and wrestle a franchise loose from some town where the ownership group wants to keep it there. It's when the decision is made that they would like to relocate, we would like to be the option for that relocation.''

Hansen's proposal has been centered on returning the NBA to Seattle. But he also is hopeful of bringing aboard a partner interested in bringing the NHL to Seattle as well as developing the area around the proposed arena to give fans dining and entertainment options.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Dwight to Brooklyn?

Postby hova- on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:55 am

KG and Ray Ray alongside Kobe? Sick ... curious to see the outcome.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Knicks acquire Chandler

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Tyson Chandler To Hit Broadway

The New York Knicks have completed a blockbuster deal with the Miami Heat to acquire center Tyson Chandler.

The Knicks will send Ronny Turiaf and a 1st and 2nd round draft pick in 2013 and 2014 to Miami for Chandler. The Heat will buyout Turiaf as soon as the trade is completed.

On Thursday, a Miami newspaper reported that an altercation between LeBron James and Chandler led to Pat Riley actively looking to unload the former champion center.

"Sometimes things just don't work out man," Chandler said to a reporter today. "I thank Miami and I loved my time there. I want to thank my coaches, and the fans you will always be my family for welcoming me as graciously as you guys did."
Tyson was asked what he thought about the rivalry between New York and Miami and he said,"Well we'll see. I'm sure it's gonna be a lot more interesting now."

This move along with the signings of Jason Kidd (who reunites with Chandler), Jeremy Lin, and Brandon Wright have many analyst and Knicks fans thinking NBA Finals. One analyst doesn't think so though, ESPN's Jon Barry said today on SportsCenter,"I just don't see it. They just don't play enough defense to win a championship. They wouldn't even have made it to the East Finals last year if it wasn't for facing a disconnected Magic squad and a Sixers squad w/o enough firepower to win big. Just look at how the Bulls destroyed them in the Conference Finals, I'm sorry. Tyson Chandler will bring some D and intensity, but one person playing D won't improve Carmelo and Amare's defensive ineptness, as much as I love Jason Kidd, the guy is Methuselah on the court now. He's even more of a liability at the point guard position when playing the likes of Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook, and Chris Paul."

Chandler is expected to have his presser to be introduced to the New York media on Monday.
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Dwight Howard Headed West

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Superman Returns To Tinsel Town

The Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic have agreed to a blockbuster deal that will send superstar Dwight Howard to Hollywood.

The Lakers will send all-star bigman Andrew Bynum, guard Steve Blake, the expiring contract of Luke Walton, the draft rights to Chase Stanback, young prospects Devin Ebanks, Darius Morris, Ater Majok, cash considerations, and 4 first round draft picks(2013,2013(MIA),2015,2017)to the Magic for Howard, Chris Duhon, and Hedo Turkoglu.

Two days ago Magic GM Otis Smith asked owner Rich DeVos whether to accept the offer from the Brooklyn Nets that centered around Brook Lopez or the offer from the Lakers centered around Andrew Bynum. Reports said then that DeVos was leaning toward LA's deal, though Smith wanted the Nets' offer. Smith today though sounded as if he changed his tune,"I love the deal we've made, and I believe it's an amazing deal for us. We acquired an all-star center, received cap space and flexibility with draft picks, and we are bringing in some young talented players to develop in Ebanks, Majok, Stanback, and Morris.

Sources say that the Nets never offered talented sophomore guard MarShon Brooks in any of the trade talks and that the Lakers offer became more acceptable after the inclusion of 3 extra 1st round picks and former UNLV swingman Chase Stanback who the Lakers were reluctant to give up.

Dwight Howard posted a message on his twitter account today saying,"Thnx O-Town for 8 great years of my life! I'll Always love and cherish everyone who supported me thru the yrs. and I'll always remember the great times." Howard then posted 3 hrs later saying,"Cali!!! Lets Get it! #LakeShow."

The acquisition of Howard by the Lakers puts them back into the title discussions after the fall from grace they had last season. Just last week the LA Clippers one upped the Lakers by acquiring superstar guard Chris Paul and signing former all-stars Antawn Jamison and Vince Carter. The Lakers then soon after resigned forward Lamar Odom and brought in ring hunters in Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett.
While solid, the Lakers still weren't seen as legit championship contenders with the age and lack of athleticism on the roster. The Lakers now have one of the most deadly duos in the league in Kobe and Howard, but don't count out the Lakers having a "Big 3" either. Forward Pau Gasol vowed after the last two seasons flame outs that he will come back the best he ever has. But, even if Pau does come back strong, don't expect it to be with the Lakers.

According to the New York Post, free agent all-star point guard Deron Williams has indicated to Nets management that he will only accept a sign & trade to the Lakers if the Nets are to receive any compensation from his departure.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Dwight Howard headed west/Knicks acquire Chandler

Postby dare on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:13 pm

Love it Lakers going to dominate the league especially when D-Will join the team.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Cruzerr on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Dwight-Kobe-KG-Ray-Ray?

That is a video-game lineup :lol:
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:34 am

dare wrote:Love it Lakers going to dominate the league especially when D-Will join the team.

would be a nice look wouldn't it? lol

Cruzerr wrote:Dwight-Kobe-KG-Ray-Ray?

That is a video-game lineup :lol:

lol, names wise yes, but KG and RayRay are rated 74 and 77 respectively. Kobe and Dwight are the only ones over 90 and Pau is in the low 80's.
qfrmcpt310

Hold Up!...."BASKETBALL REASONS"

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:21 pm

NBA Says Dwight Howard Trade Is "Unfair", Deny Approval

New York, New York-- The NBA has vetoed the blockbuster deal that would send Dwight Howard to Los Angeles to team with Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.

An hour after the news broke and backlash ensued the NBA released a statement saying,"This was an unfair trade and didn't meet what we felt were needed to be considered a fair deal. We will not approve a trade of Dwight Howard to LA without it being a completely fair deal for basketball reasons. We feel as a league competitive balance is what is sorely missing in our great league and it is what we fought hard for during the lockout."

Many analysts are calling the NBA's move a "conflict of interest" and are saying the NBA should have no right over whether a particular management team can send their players. As of now though, the NBA is standing firm on their decision and have no plans of backing down. It is not clear as to if Howard will file a lawsuit against the NBA with the Players Association's help.

Sources say, the Nets have re-emerged and are working on a 4-team deal to land Howard within the next day or so.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Hold Up!...."BASKETBALL REASONS"

Postby dare on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Really?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:01 am

Cant wait for w :mrgreen: ait for whats next
SuperHueyNewton

"The Indecision"

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:56 pm

Dwight Howard Decides to Return To Orlando For a Season....Seriously???

Orlando, Fl-- You just can't make this stuff up. Dwight Howard, after holding the NBA hostage since the season began last season has decided to make us go through all this again next off-season(If anyone wanted to put a pick of a troll here it would be most appropriate).

As great as it is that Orlando has another year to prove that they can build a contender around Howard, one things for certain, this guy can't make his own mind up. After waffling back and forth on his decision for months and creating the biggest media storm since LeBron James left Cleveland, Howard put 4 different franchises futures in limbo. And today he effectively just slapped us all in the face with a "Just wanted to play with y'all, I'm staying until we can do this again next year." In a press conference today after signing a 1 year 18 million dollar contract, he expressed his love for Orlando and not being able to let that go, hopefully Magic management can get the right pieces so we can be done with this.

On the other end of all of this sits the Brooklyn Nets who's master plan has blown up in their face twice in one week. With Dwight off the table, the Nets are hoping Deron Williams will stay in Brooklyn, but sources close to Williams say, "he's tired of loosing and he wants to win and play back home in Dallas."
Dallas has already begun trying to clear cap space as they are expected to amnesty center Brendan Haywood and are looking to trade forward Shawn Marion.
qfrmcpt310

Postby mp3 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:40 am

Haha love the graphic and write up nice touch!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Deron to test the Brooklyn movement

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Staying put...For now

Deron Williams decided to test the Brooklyn movement while delaying making a decision on his future.

Deron Williams will reportedly stay in Brooklyn this upcoming season, according to sources. Williams will opt into the final year of his contract with the Nets to try and work something out with the franchise before next offseason.

The Nets have long been rumored to want to pair Williams with Orlando big man Dwight Howard who also isn't going to leave this summer. The Nets could potentially get both next offseason without loosing significant pieces on their team if they both sign as free agents. The problem is the Nets know Williams wants to win now, and the Magic aren't going to sit around and wait for Howard to leave them without compensation. With the Lakers still in the hunt, it becomes a hairy situation for Brooklyn. Should they trade or continue to wait it out?
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Mon May 28, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Sixers get Bogut for Ellis

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Iggy returns to Philly, Bogut headed to GSW, Ellis to Bucks

The Philadelphia 76ers continue to remake their team after reacquiring Andre Igoudala after a year in Golden State. Today they completed a three-team trade with the Milwaukee Bucks and Golden State Warriors.

The Sixers will send Monta Ellis, and Kwame Brown to the Bucks, the Warriors will send Andre Igoudala and Dorell Wright to Philadelphia, and Milwaukee will send Bogut to the Bay Area.

The deal pretty much closes the door on the Sixers pursuing to resign rookie standout Quincy Calloway.

Read more >>
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qfrmcpt310

Sportscenter

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:32 pm

Cleveland,OH-- The Cleveland Cavaliers traded backup point man Ramon Sessions to the Charlotte Bobcats in a 3-team trade with the Lkaers and Rockets today after agreeing to opt-in to the last year of his contract. The Lakers failed at a blockbuster to acquire center Dwight Howard last month so the Lakers moved on and actually addressed a team need by trading longtime Laker fan favorite Derek Fisher to the Houston Rockets. Jordan Hill will head to the Lakers who will also send Luke Walton, and their 1st round draft pick to Cleveland. Houston is expected to buyout Fisher's contract as soon as possible.

New York,NY--Raymond Felton was signed & traded back to the New York Knicks today on a 3 yr./$16M deal.
Felton was being pursued by the not many teams with his weight gain and terrible year in Portland, but after New York wasn't able to lure Nash to NY it was clear they needed another point to start as Jason Kidd isn't a starter anymore. The deal will include center Marcus Camby also heading to New York. Jared Jefferies and Josh Harrelson will head to Portland as part of the package.

Los Angeles,CA--Quincy Calloway's planned tour of cities to gauge teams' interest in his services has grown to seven. The planned trips includes trips to Brooklyn, Charlotte, Detroit, Cleveland, Denver, Seattle, and Phoenix. Sources also say that two other teams that would love to join the mix are the Sacramento Kings and Toronto Raptors. Both teams seem like long shots though as Toronto has both Amir Johnson and Ed Davis at power forward, while Sacramento just acquired forward Kenyon Martin. The Kings' real problem though is actually having too many ball dominant players, especially with Tyreke Evans, Tony Parker, Jimmer Freddette, and DeMarcus Cousins all on the same team.
Calloway will visit the Nets and Bobcats today and meet with the Pistons and Cavs tomorrow. On Wednesday, he will visit the Nuggets and Rockets, and on Thursday he will visit the Suns. He plans to make a decision by the end of this week.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press
Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: D-will 2 Mavs/Bogut 2 Philly

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm liking the similarities of moves and rumors. Nice!
SuperHueyNewton

Smith lands on Broadway/ Brooklyn,Cleveland,Phoenix?

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:02 pm

New York,NY--The New York Knicks have gained even more firepower this summer as they have traded forward Andre Kirilenko and guard Toney Douglas for J.R. Smith of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Smith clashed several times last season with head coach Byron Scott in Cleveland. Smith was supposed to be a solid future building block along with guard Kyrie Irving, but after several run ins on and off the court the Cavs decided to part ways. The Knicks are clearly in win now mode to try and make the Carmelo Anthony trade look to be a success and so far it hasn't paid off. Acquiring Smith, a former teammate of Anthony, only increases the Knicks chances of making it to the NBA Finals as they now have one of the best benches in basketball and one of the most potent offensive teams since the mid 2000 Phoenix Suns.

New York,NY--Sources from inside Quincy Calloway's say that the versatile forward has narrowed his teams down to 3, those 3 are, the Brooklyn Nets, Phoenix Suns, and Cleveland Cavaliers. The source says out of that group Calloway has Brooklyn and Cleveland as 1a and 1b and Phoenix a distant 2nd as they fell due to him coming away from his visit last week not overly impressed. The source also lsited why Calloway will most likely end up in the Big Apple or the desert.
"He wants to win badly, and he wants to join a team with lots of room to improve. He also feels that he should be in a situation where he is one of the main pillars to building a dynasty. The reason Cleveland is up there is because he views Kyrie Irving as a player who he could develop with and create one of the most dynamic big-small combos. They also have loads of talent with Kidd-Gilchrist, Thompson, Salmons, Cassipi, Kirilenko, Varejo, etc. The only negative Cleveland has is it isn't a big city which is what he's used to being from LA and playing in Philadelphia last year. Brooklyn offers him the biggest media market in North America, a talented team that will have tons of cap space after this season, and they have already told him he would be their pillar of the future. Him along with Marshon Brooks, and Brook Lopez".
The source also goes on to say that Nets owner Mihkal Prokorov is ready to put out a full marketing campaign for the Nets around New York City with Calloway as the advertised selling point. The source then said, "can't pass that up....can you?"(laughs)
qfrmcpt310

Re: D-will 2 Mavs/Bogut 2 Philly

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:03 pm

SuperHueyNewton wrote:I'm liking the similarities of moves and rumors. Nice!

Thanks for following
qfrmcpt310

Cleveland Rocks!

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:09 pm

Welcome back to relevance Cleveland!

Cleveland, OH-- Just announced at 6:30 p.m. EST on SportsCenter, Quincy Calloway has decided to shockingly sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers after verbally agreeing to sign a 4 yr./S34 million deal.

Most insiders the last few days have been expecting Calloway to sign with the Brooklyn Nets due to market size, but sources tell ESPN that market size was not affecting his decision process at all. The best chance at winning in the near future was. Cavs fans didn't even expect this, showing with pessimistic tweets all the way up to Calloway's announcement:

Calloway followed with a tweet of his own:

With young talent 2 deep at nearly every position now, the Cavaliers have positioned themselves as one of the young upstarts in the NBA's Eastern Conference. They have a strong and very versatile duo that can play together for 12-14 more years, a very talented swingman prospect in Micheal Kidd-Gilchrist, and a plethora of other talent.
The question now becomes, what does Cleveland do with last years 4th overall pick Tristan Thompson? Will they keep him as a 6th man, or will they try to move him to fill out the roster further and build a solid foundation around the core of Irving, Calloway, and Kidd-Gilchrist.
qfrmcpt310

Cavaliers hold Calloway presser

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:42 pm

Cleveland,OH--We were in Cleveland today as the Cleveland Cavaliers introduced the last piece to their core of the future as they subsequently introduced their top draft pick Micheal Kidd-Gilchrist.
A transcript of the presser can be found below:

Reporter-So what made you choose Cleveland over Brooklyn as reported?
Calloway-Well, it wasn't specifically one team I had pegged over another. Obviously Brooklyn was one of the franchises, but I just took into everything I needed to, to make my decision.
Reporter-What did you take into account to make your choice?
Calloway-Well, there were so many things, for starters I wanted to win. Badly. Secondly was my family. I wanted them in an atmosphere that suited them as well as me.
Reporter-How good do you think you and the other two guys up here with you will be?
Calloway-Well, I don't want to say this and come off as some cocky arrogant prick or anything, obviously individually we are very talented players, but the team is what will win us many games and hopefully a championship. How deep this team is with guys like Omri, John(Salmons), Tristan, Varejao, Boobie, and Kirilenko just to name a few, that shows how deep we are and how talented we are. We're also being coached by one of the best coaches in the NBA in Coach Scott. This team has a ton of potential and I hope the Cleveland fans can just be a bit more patient to let us develop into what they should expect out of us.
Reporter-Do you think you guys can make the playoffs this year?
Calloway-Think it? We know we will. That's the goal for everyone in the league, but there is only a certain few teams that truly believe they will make it. We are one of those teams.
Reporter-Do you think this team will be contending for a championship before your contract is up?
Calloway-I would hope so. We are talented enough. If we follow the Thunder and what they did by improve every year after they learned then we will be right up there with the powerhouses in this league.

End of press conference
qfrmcpt310

Bulls visit President

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:30 am

Bulls visit White House and the 1st Fan

Washington, D.C. -- The Chicago Bulls visited President Barack Obama today at the White House and had their turn for jokes and photo-ops. You could sense how proud the president was to acknowledge his hometown team winning the NBA title for the first time in 14 years. "When I was elected they(Bulls) were just starting their new outlook on the future after drafting D-Rose. I never would've thought they'd win one before my 1st term was up." He then added, "talk about development, only if politics worked the same way" that was followed by laughter.

The NBA opens training camps next month on September 25.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Cleveland Rocks!-Introduction to Cle

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:34 am

Great interview. Cavs should be moving up!
SuperHueyNewton

July 2012 2k Sports Mag Cover

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Last edited by qfrmcpt310 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
qfrmcpt310

Re: Cleveland Rocks!-Introduction to Cle

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:35 pm

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Great interview. Cavs should be moving up!

Thanks, and Yea we should be a tough playoff team this upcoming season
qfrmcpt310

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood