The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby Martti. on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:17 am

Faried will probably come off the bench too, but I like to give rookies a shot. (I'd start Jimmer in my Heat story too, if there wasn't a guy called Wade.)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby JaoSming on Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:06 pm

z02 wrote:
JaoSming wrote:The Heat got better, Wade, Stephen Jackson, LeBron, Bosh, Big Baby, with Tayshaun Prince, Mike Miller, and Hinrich off the bench. Despite being the 3 seed, they swept the playoffs to win. Dwight signed with the Bobcats
^
That is what I want my Bobcats to look like. (Y)

That looks like an NBA Live 2003 supporting cast.

DWIGHT! :applaud:

Just for you....

Yea, they are 1-6, despite having a healthy Greg Oden & Dwight starting. I am currently 7-1, just beat the tied for first place Bucks by 1 who had Jennings & CP3 running the point with Manu, Boget, and Tyrus Thomas who was traded between my Bobcats and Bucks game (1 week apart).
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Eirsej on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Started an association with the Sacramento Kings. 14 games format. The season opener was against the Lakers. We played pretty well against them, keeping it close for most of the game. But in the fourth quarter Kobe waxed hot and we were not able to keep up. We lost the game 89-82.

Our second game was against the other LA team, the Clippers. The game was close up until the very end. We were up by three in the dying seconds then Caron hit a three to send the game to overtime. Blake Griffin won the game for the Clippers as he hit a hook shot off of an offensive rebound.

We played the Rockets in our third game and we were no match for them. We got blown out by 20 points. The Rockets made 12 threes I think. With our 3 game losing streak, I figured that I should shake up the roster. So I traded Salmons, who wasnt contributing in my team, and acquired Redick and Anderson. I then put Jimmer in the starting linup and placed Thornton at the 3.

We played the Warriors the next game and this is where we snap out losing streak. Jimmer scored 26 points for me and Evans and Redick added 21 and 18 respectively. I simulated the next two games and we are now at 3-3. Hopefully we can continue the streak to have a chance to make the playoffs.
Eirsej

Postby karlsanada10 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:55 pm

Started an Association with Cleveland Cavaliers. Not a good start nor bad. 3-3. Damn Celtics always killin' me.-.- Happy with my performance though.

Gotta love Erden though, keeps getting 18-25pts/game. He's a starting center while Varejao is still out.
karlsanada10

Postby Radioman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:07 pm

My Player with the Suns:

I am a 7ft Center averaging about 16ppg and 7rpg. We started great into the season 7:1. Now things get mad, first we tradad away Lopez for Ariza to the Hornets, this was still ok but then...
Nash and Hill to the Knicks for Melo, Shannon Brown who scored 20+ points traded together with Pietrus to the Kings for Marcus Thornton and a 2013 pick.

We went all the way down since Nash left us... 9-7 now... at least the commentator had some kind words for Nash leaving towards the Knicks...

But this really sucks, i wanted to win a ring with Grant Hill and Steve Nash (N)
Radioman

Postby karlsanada10 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:48 am

Got a winning streak now. 6-3. Defeated Miami Heat with 20pts. That's hella lot imo.:))
karlsanada10

Postby Mark. on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:29 am

What roster is everybody using currently? Am struggling to find a solid up to date one to start my Dynasty with....
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:55 am

Mark. wrote:What roster is everybody using currently? Am struggling to find a solid up to date one to start my Dynasty with....

This is the roster I'm using viewtopic.php?f=143&t=83687 :)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:15 pm

Just finished my third season. I went 12-2, best record in the NBA. Starting lineup of Rondo, Pierce, Granger, Lee, McGee, with Green and DeAndre Jordan off the bench.

Got eliminated by the 8 seed Bucks, who had CP3, Jennings, Manu, Tyrus Thomas, Bogat, other good people. I think they were the 8th seed simply because of injuries.....they ended up going to finals and losing to the Hornets (headed by Deron Williams, no idea about the rest of the roster, didnt check).
In the offseason, Pierce retired, Granger didn't resign (well, wasn't offered, muahaha) and I was left with my core listed above, and shitty generated rookies.

Signed Delonte West (again), Derrick Williams, drafted some kid with a beard and "Roberto Batista" from Spain. Thinning hair, 50 OVR (taken with the 60th pick), and when I went to fix the rotations, his default role was "Star". So I sent his ass to the D-League.
Sent Lee and McGee to the weight camp, really trying to specialize with my 4 generated rookies, one defensive, one shooter etc.

LeBron, Bosh, Kobe, Gasol, and Carmelo were all UFA. Kobe & Gasol stayed put, LeBron went to the Mavs (Dirk, Evan Turner, Jermaine O'Neal, Tony Douglas), Bosh to the Hawks, and Melo to the Heat. My first preseason was against those Mavs, I usually skip them but I couldn't resist. I'll just say ow, and I agree with 2K ranking me #19 in the Power Rankings...

All my Screenshots - http://steamcommunity.com/id/jaosming/s ... tcut_66440
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby karlsanada10 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:48 am

I'm on a roll now, won 6 games straight. 17-7. A;most all of these game are close. 1pt difference. It kinda scared me.lol.

I get T-Mac and Kirk for Daniel Gibson And Session(I like Session but with 2ks gameplay, it's hard to use him as penetrator. no such word I know)

3rd on Eastern Conference. Celtics is first, Heat is second. At least Celts has 4 or 5 lost now.
karlsanada10

Postby Loupeitak on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:37 am

I decided to try my hand at fixing up the Hawks. Got rid of that horrible Joe Johnson contract and shook up the roster. Horford wasn't getting any touches on offense, so I packed him along with Marvin Williams for Dwight and Turkoglu (giving up my 1st round pick as well), which seems like an okay deal. Magic get rid of Turkoglu, get a great player in Horford, nice potential in Williams and a 1st rounder, while Dwight goes to his hometown Atlanta :).
After playing a bit with Turk, sent him packing for a less horrible contract in Magette, while getting back Jamal Crawford and getting Deron Williams partnered with Dwight by giving up Joe Johnson and Teague.

So far so good with Deron Williams running the point, Crawford, Magette, Josh Smith and Howard. Kirk Hinrich is the first off the bench, along with TMac, while Valaciunas (MLE) and James Posey (minimum contract) back up the front court. I also managed to get the Bobcats and Nets first rounders along with the trades, which was pretty lucky. The only trade override I did was with Howard (Seemed like a good enough trade for the Magic to give up Dwight).
Last edited by Loupeitak on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Loupeitak

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:21 am

What? Why did you give up Turk.-.- He's like one of the best shooter in 2k imo. I can get him scored 30pts, 10/15 from the 3pt line.lol. But yeah, I have Casspi on my Cavs now.

Lost to Raptors despite injuring 3 of their players. Barbosa was just hurt and came back. We had 20pts lead but then I got bored, they got back, they shot three, and we lost @ 110-107.-.-
karlsanada10

Postby Loupeitak on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:37 am

For some reason I never managed to get Turk's release right, so he was shooting really badly. Magette is putting up massive numbers for me right now though (averaging over 30 PPG) and his contract in my association has a team option which I will decline to, hopefully, re-sign him for much less money (He's making like 10M right now?), so it's a win-win for me. If he walks, I can probably find a replacement easily (Probably even from the draft as I have both the Bobcats and the Nets 1st round picks. Those should land pretty high)
Loupeitak

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Sounds good. Maggette is always killing me though in my association. He just scored 40pts in our last game.
karlsanada10

Postby tonio7 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:24 am

Hi guy, this is my stories with Atlanta Hawks : http://seattlestory.cd.st/

the text was in french but there are a lot of picture

thanks for your see

;-)
tonio7

Postby Loupeitak on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:19 am

My Atlanta Hawks made it to the post season as a sixth seed. Impressively Detroit had 3rd seed, so I played against them. Apparently they managed to trade for Nene and some other solid pieces. Swept them pretty easily though.
After that I played the Celtics. They still had their same team, which was pretty easily beat. Jermaine O'Neal was out in the first two games, so they were complete blowouts as Garnett had no chance against Dwight. Ended up beating them 4-1.

Meanwhile the Heat were playing the Bulls. During the season I beat the Heat pretty easily (By about 20 points), but had suffered a blowout from the Bulls, so I was hoping that the Heat would win. They did and I faced them next. What I saw after that completely shocked me.
The Heat's starting five consisted of Arenas, Wade, Lebron, Bosh and Roy Hibbert. That starting five while maintaining Chalmers, Battiers, Miller, Haslem and Joel Anthony. I don't know how the hell they got Hibbert, but I knew I was in trouble. In the first quarter I was getting beat 26-14. Things started to look better though, as James pulled up for a 3 pointer. He swished it, but contesting the shot made him stumble backwards and he was out with a Lower Back Strain. Foul trouble also played a huge role in the 1st game as both Dwight and Deron Williams were in foul trouble. Luckily Kirk Hinrich and Valaciunas managed to fill the holes nicely. Eventually in the 3rd quarter we made a huge run and managed to take the lead. However Wade was punishing us (He finished with 35 points and 6 blocks, a few of those on Dwight) so we were down 6 going to the fourth quarter.

In the fourth it was a back and forth game. Bosh fouled out with 7 points. With 50 seconds left in the game, Roy Hibbert went to the line, putting them up by 1 and fouling out Dwight (22 pts, 11 rebs, 1 block). After that Crawford missed and Miami got the ball with 35 seconds left. They managed to find an open Arenas, who was heating up, for 3. Luckily he missed and with the last possession we called a time out. There were 17 seconds left on the clock and we were down by 1. Crawford let the clock run out for a bit and then found Deron Williams going around a few screens. He grabbed the ball and hit a jumper from mid range with 3.1 seconds left.
Miami called a time out and set up a play for Wade. However we defended very well and Wade was forced to shoot over 3 defenders (Williams, Hinrich and Valaciunas) and missed. We won 97-96 and stole home court advantage :).

That was, by far, the most thrilling game I ever played. At one point I was down 14 points and getting frustrated for not being able to hit any shots. However my defence stepped up (We had 28 fast break points against Miami's 8) and we got rolling. Hope to beat the Heat and move on to the Finals. Tracy McGrady has been HUGE for the team off the bench. He may not get huge stats but he's extremely solid. Defends, rebounds, passes, steals, blocks and when it counts the most he hits the biggest shots. Crawford has been disappointing (He averages 15 points, but he's shooting about as many shots as well), so he's definitely a lift for the team. Hope to get him his first ring. He deserves it ;).
Loupeitak

Postby Hodges on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:23 am

This sounds crazy, congrats for the victory.

I already noticed some "strange" trade logics in 2k12, thats why i turn it usually off,

but this starting 5 is really tough to beat. :lol:
L.A.Lakers Association - Dwight & Kobe
Hodges

Postby Loupeitak on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:16 am

It was truly crazy, but worth it ;). If LeBron didn't get injured, I'd probably have been pounded hard.
Loupeitak

Postby yeahnah on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Playing a sick Live 08 dynasty with the default when I get bored. Using the T'Wolves. Did the '07 draft, got KD and built my team from there.

C - F. Ferandez (79) rookie, picked him at like 5 or 6? Massive steal, such a beast
PF - Al Jefferson (77) or Pops Mensah-Bonsu (78) who I just signed for the MLE
SF - Kevin Durant (77)
SG - Randy Foye (75)
PG - Mike Bibby (82) think I traded Ryan Gomes and Mike Miller for him as soon as I started season one.
6 - Jefferson or Pops
7 - S. Bennett (76) SF, second round pick, bigger steal than Fernandez
8 - someone, a high 70s PG who is a rookie boss.

Playing 29 game season, blew out Denver (with Melo and AI) and then Golden State, followed by a 2 point win over the Lakers and then my first loss against the Big 3 in Boston. Lost by a point, Ray Allen had like almost sixty points, including a buzzer beater 3 to win.

God I wish the Wolves were this good IRL...

Oh, I forgot to meantion I'm in season 2
yeahnah

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 am

Should I do Lakers or Wolves?
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby The X on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Nice coverage Jao. Keep us up-to-date on how your C's go.

Sit wrote:Should I do Lakers or Wolves?

Depends if you want to try and win a title straight away.

Actually, maybe you can just do Lakers and trade Gasol, Peace, 1st rounders & pieces for Love & Rubio & you get best of both Worlds :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Lost 3 straight. NYK, GSW, and Denver Nuggets. Everything went fine from 1st to 3rd, then when it comes to 4th, I lost everything. All attempts couldn't go in. Lost w/ like 3-9pts difference. But I'm loving my series. T-Mac is injured, just hurt, but don't want to play for quick recovery.

And I noticed, I saw at the injury list.

M.Gasol HURT SEASON.o.O
karlsanada10

Postby Changman on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:32 pm

Playing NBA 2K12 for PC. Using the Portland Trailblazers.

C: Deandre Jordan (traded Marcus Camby)
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
SF: Gerald Wallace
SG: Jamal Crawford
PG: Raymond Felton
6: Nicolas Batum
7: George Hill (Traded Luke Babbitt + 2nd round draft pick and acquired future 1st round pick)
8: Greg Oden
9: Gary Forbes (traded Earl Barron + 2nd round draft pick and acquired future 1st round pick)
10: Elliott Williams
11: Kurt Thomas
12: Armon Johnson
Injured: Wesley Matthews (4-6 weeks broken ankle)

So far im 7-0 on superstar mode. 58 game season. 1st season. First 3 games were blowout wins. Last 4 games been down to the wire.
Jamal Crawford averaging 25 ppg and 10 apg
Lamarcus Aldridge averaging 25 ppg and 6 rpg
Batum been great off the bench avg 15 ppg!

Also forgot to mention I also have Nolan Smith but I sent him down to the D-League..
Too many guards on my team and surprisingly Armon Johnson had better numbers than him 1st few games so i decided to keep Johnson rather than Nolan Smith.
Changman

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:30 am

Pondering whether it's worth waiting for Real 2K Insider rosters still. They are still weeks away from being Association ready (his rosters need to be remade with the game's rookies put in) but do make a huge difference for me. Been a while since I went with the game's rosters though.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:27 am

Lamrock wrote:Pondering whether it's worth waiting for Real 2K Insider rosters still. They are still weeks away from being Association ready (his rosters need to be remade with the game's rookies put in) but do make a huge difference for me. Been a while since I went with the game's rosters though.

I'd suggest waiting. With a good set of rosters and sliders, you'll play the one Association for a while. Otherwise you'll just start a new one when he releases his rosters.

OS member bedwardsroy19 looks to have made a good PS3 roster, which has just been re-made and improved with the game's rookies in it. He released in last few days so will probably download it on the weekend and start a 14 game Association.

Just pondering which team to use. There's always Minnesota, but I used them in 2K11. Need a non-playoff team with decent unis and court. I might make an exception for the Nuggets who might be fun. Maybe I'll pick a bottom five team instead.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood