The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:10 am

Houndy wrote:I'm trying to find a middle of the road team to do an association with. Any ideas?

No one has tried the Jazz in like... years. :lol: (Perhaps there are one or two going around, but nothing compared to the Spurs-Blazers-Lakers stories).
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:52 am

Thierry • wrote:
Houndy wrote:I'm trying to find a middle of the road team to do an association with. Any ideas?

No one has tried the Jazz in like... years. :lol: (Perhaps there are one or two going around, but nothing compared to the Spurs-Blazers-Lakers stories).

Devin Harris and Favors... hmm
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby The X on Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:11 pm

I agree with others that Utah Jazz are one. You could go Golden State Warriors. If they're healthy, they're middle of the road. Minnesota Timberwolves are becoming a middle of the road team. Other than that, you've got Houston also. I'd consider Denver middle of the road based on talent, if they're playing better than that IRL. Phoenix are probably below middle of road but may suit.

shabba_93 wrote:Can anyone recomend a decent slider set I can use on PS3? trying to get my Wizards Assosiation going finally, I'm liking bedwardsroy19's roster so I think I'm going to go with that but I just can find a decent enough slider set. There either way to hard or just plain rubbish. I was thinking maybe truegamers slider if they're any good.

I agree bedwardsroy19's rosters are awesome. He put in hundreds upon hundreds of editing hours on them, adjusting every player's ratings, tendencies, equipment etc, as well as editing team minutes, coach profiles and all team's playbooks. Game plays great.

I tried OS authentic's sliders and had mixed feelings on them. The thing I didn't like about them is that (much like 2K11) you could be doing a regulation inbounds pass to a moving target and it would fly well over their head. This isn't a pass to a player under duress. They do seem a bit hard. I mentioned it in his OS thread but he ignored it so I just move onto truegamer's sliders. They're interesting, since he's put a lot at zero. I'm using them at the moment in my Association and they seem pretty solid but I'll probably make some tweaks to them (i.e. increase CPU shooting sliders slightly). In my first game against Hornets, I was getting dominated on offensive boards in first half but once I concentrated on D and boxing out, I turned a 7 point first half deficit into about a 20 point win. It was the Hornets though, haven't played a good team yet. It's worth giving the set ago. You might want to play an exhibition game with it first to see if you like it before starting Association with them.

Let me know how you go with sliders or find any other good ones.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby shabba_93 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:52 am

He's put a fantastic effort into them and it shows, easily the best available. Thought I may aswell give truegamers sliders a twirl after what you said. Easily the best I've tried so far. Played a NBA Today game Chicago Vs Washington playing as the Wizards and I have to say it was the most enjoyable game yet. started out with a slim 2 point 1st qtr lead 27-29. They pulled back to 58-49 by halftime and continued a run into the 2nd half. I managed to keep competetive through the 3rd and 4th until the last 3-4 minutes where they finnished it off to win 107-94. It's the first time I've played a game on 2k12 and not felt completely cheesed on. I could compete but I had to play smart and work hard to do so. I think with a few adjustments this is the slider set I'm going to go with. I agree on the CPU shooting slider adjustments, I made a few small changes in game which seem to have balanced it out well. It seems a little too easy to draw fouls but that can be fixed easily. Hopefully my Wizards Assosiation will see an update some point tonight or tommorow.
shabba_93

Postby The X on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:21 am

Let me know what slider adjustments you make and how effective they are. I've noticed that there are too many CPU reaching fouls. Not too worried about other sorts of fouls, just CPU reaching. Free throws seem a bit easy also, might go back to shot stick rather than real.

----------

Anyways, on topic. I started a 29 game (Lamrock, didn't want 14 game & not play other Conference) Association with Milwaukee. I am hoping to change Bogut's future & keep him healthy, which may be hard consider the sliders I used have durability at 0 :lol: Anyways, Bucks aren't great cap-wise so a nice little challenge. My format is to play all division games then sim the following game. I won't have 2 sims in a row, so essentially it's a bit hybrid system that I came up with. Playoff format is the classic 3-3-3-3 but I'll be good this time & sim 50% of games (unless it's a conference or Finals' deciding game).

I've started season 2-0 (win over Hornets & surprisingly a home sim win over Heat). A good start but I'm realistic to think this team will be mediocre. I'm putting in some other rules too, such as can't trade highest trade value player (atm it's Brandon Jennings with 3 stars, which beats out Bogie & his injury-laden contract who is 2 & a half stars, yes my roster isn't great :lol: ), editing contracts if they are outrageous, editing contracts to match new CBA provisions, CPU trades are OFF until the month of February, I've got 5 starters, 1 6th man, 2 role players & 1 prospect. Rest are benchwarmers.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:35 am

Good team choice. They may be the furthest from a title out of anyone in this league. 29 games is a good call as there will be some semblance of order in the standings. I predict 16 wins in an up-and-down year.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:11 pm

Cheers, they seemed like a challenge. Would be funny if I won 16 with Bucks when I could only win 14 with T-wolves (even though I won title).
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Martti. on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 am

Started one in 2K11 with the Bucks as well. 5 games, 3 sims are losses, 2 played won. (vs Heat and Kings).

Traded Gooden and his contract to OKC for Collison and 2nd.

Bogut dominated Miami with 30 points and 14 rebounds, also had 22 points, 10 rebounds and 4 blocks against the Kings.

Jennings hasn't been hitting his shots, still getting used to him, but 10+ assists in both played games.

John Leuer has been a good boost as well, so have Mbah a Moute and Sanders.

Rotation as follows :

C - Bogut/Leuer
F - Mbah a Moute/Sanders/Brockman
F - Ilyasova/Delfino/Harris
G - Jackson/Dunleavy/Hobson
G - Jennings/Udrih/Livingston
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:59 am

Started one with Phoenix -- mixing it up a little.

Season 1 -- simmed. 35-47, missed the playoffs, signed Nash, Hill and Robin to extensions; Hill ended up retiring. Got the 10th pick in the draft, but in a draft day deal I sent the pick and Josh Childress to Portland for Gerald Wallace and Emmanuel Sirven (23° pick, point guard from France. familiar?) :mrgreen:

Season 2 -- Shannon Brown left for Miami so I signed JR Smith, Nick Collison and Anthony Carter, who already said he's retiring, just "as a locker room presence". Telfair and Ronnie Price also left (still in the FA pool).

4-7 so far: Nash-JR (leading the team in scoring)-Crash-Markieff-Gortat; Sirven-Redd-Dudley-Frye-Lopez is the 2nd unit. For garbage time: Warrick, Dell Price (40° pick), Collison, Carter. 3 home games in a row coming so hopefully I can reach .500%.
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:58 am

Screenshot from my 2K12 C-A-L with B-Scal.

Unfortunately, the game won't exit back to the main menu. The save's messed up anyway, checked a box score and Asik (who is still on my team), was somehow on the Cavs and went 5-12 from deep.

But it's probably all right, the CPU traded away Noah, Boozer, Deng, Gibson and Watson. Plus, Rose for some reason, plays only 5 minutes a game, off the bench. He's healthy and happy. Ronnie Brewer is the starting PG.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:13 am

Seems like 2K finally got the stat engine correct. (Y)
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Houndy on Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:28 am

I'm thinking Denver- love the logo/uniform/court, good young players, a great potential and they don't have their whole team. :lol:

What are some good sim methods? I want to a associaton but get disinterested quick because well, it's season 1.
Houndy

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:21 am

Houndy wrote:What are some good sim methods? I want to a associaton but get disinterested quick because well, it's season 1.

I do the "play one, sim one, intervene one" method. (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:40 pm

My Bucks are on a 3 game losing streak, so now 2-3 (pro-rata 6-8). At least next game I have my full roster for first time this season with Ersan back from injury after missing first four weeks of the season.

Houndy wrote:I'm thinking Denver- love the logo/uniform/court, good young players, a great potential and they don't have their whole team. :lol:

What are some good sim methods? I want to a associaton but get disinterested quick because well, it's season 1.

Denver is a good choice. I originally chose them & they'll be fun. Part of me wishes I stuck with them, but I was looking for more of a challenge.

I am doing a 29 game season, play all division games and play every second non-division game (regardless of conference). If I had Indiana, Sacramento, LA Lakers, Miami, Minnesota, Detroit, Denver & Dallas in a road trip then I'd play Indiana, LA Lakers, Minnesota, Detroit & Dallas.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Houndy on Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:38 am

I'm wanting to use 82 games, so maybe do a play all division/important playoff deciders and sim 2 non-division games? Ex: Thunder, Blazers, Mavericks, Heat, Suns, I'd play Thunder, Blazers, and Suns.
Houndy

Postby Fluke32 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:20 am

Houndy wrote:I'm wanting to use 82 games, so maybe do a play all division/important playoff deciders and sim 2 non-division games? Ex: Thunder, Blazers, Mavericks, Heat, Suns, I'd play Thunder, Blazers, and Suns.

My pick would be to sim all games at home, sim all non-conference away games, intervene on Conference games at home, then Play all away conference games.
Fluke32

Postby Radioman on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Thierry • wrote:

Well, i tried it. but to be honest it could not touch me at all.

Went back to the Orlando Magic, i am 13-5 at the moment and its fun to play.
Radioman

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:55 am

Yeah, looks like the Jazz aren't much fun to play with. (N)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Radioman on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:56 am

I can t say it was no fun, but something was missing. I think it makes not much sense to start a Franchise/Asscociation with a team you somehow cant identifiy.
Radioman

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:08 am

Well, looks like my Knicks are dead. :cry: Don't want to bump the thread anymore. I guess I will just focus in the Spurs for the moment. But I'll try to start a 2K12 story later on.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:13 am

I would just focus on your Spurs. It's hella good anyway :D
Houndy

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:38 am

Thierry • wrote:Well, looks like my Knicks are dead. :cry: Don't want to bump the thread anymore.

Deja vu right there. :lol:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Yep, that's definitely a deja-vu... but at least the Spurs are smooth. :wink:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:40 am

Hey X, are you still using the Truegamer rosters? Thinking I need a switch because the Simulation sliders have been feeling pretty arcade lately.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Lamrock wrote:Hey X, are you still using the Truegamer rosters? Thinking I need a switch because the Simulation sliders have been feeling pretty arcade lately.

You must mean sliders, not rosters :wink: Yep, haven't actually played a game in a week or so but am using Truegamers zero sliders, but you'll need to do some tweaks to get the balance right for you.

Are you using bedwardsroy19's roster?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood