The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby vevima on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:15 am

Cavs4872 wrote:
DirkNBA wrote:Hi guys. I am currently doing a Bobcats Association. I'm thinking about trading for a veteran power forward, got any ideas?

Antawn Jamison? The Bobcats were interested in him in real life, and he shouldn't be too hard to get away from the Lakers. The Bulls would probably like to get rid of Boozer for some young players and/or picks. He's pretty good in the game, although he's got a somewhat difficult free throw. Al Harrington of the Magic is another good option, and probably the easiest to get out of the three. He can drive, post up and shoot as far out as the three. Zach Randolph is also another possibility. If it were me I would go after Boozer first. He would be a good fit on the current Bobcats team.

I will be doing sim trades, so getting Boozer will be difficult under those guidelines. Jamison would be my main target, but I'd have to be persuasive or over-trade for him, because Los Angeles wouldn't break up a core group. Harrington is an interesting possibility, yeah, might go for him amongst others. Jamison on the Bobcats would be awesome.
vevima

Postby mpac on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:38 pm

restarted association numerous times to find an enjoyable team for me, in which is not yet completely setup. I once tried miami because of rayray, but they are too strong and complete, and theres nothing i can do with it anymore.

So i tried wizards - not sure if the team is not good or im not, rockets - loads of pf that i need to move and affects morale but still not having fun much. But finally i found a possible team for me for 2k13.. Portland trailblazers!

Only started yesterday, with us winning vs raptors 110-99. Aldridge had 32 pts and 7 reb, hickson 22, batum 17pts 6reb and 6 asst and lillard had 12 pts and 14asst! Only change i made so far are signed kmart and birdman from FA pool.

Current lineup:
C - Hickson, Leonard, Birdman
PF - LA, kmart, jeffries
SF - batum, babbit
SG - wesley matthews, williams, barton
PG - lillard, smith, ronnie price

my lineup is too stacked, i cant add adam morrison, pavlovic on the roster anymore. Im not sure as well if Coby karl is in 2k13.

Im thinking of finding some key role players. Im thinking i may move ronnie price due to unhappy role. Any ideas who i can get for a trade package that wont include may starters? :)
mpac

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:48 pm

What difficulty do you guys play on? I played an association game with the Jazz on All-Star and found it to be a bit easy.
[Hyperize]

Postby mpac on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:29 pm

im using all star simulation. :) still a newbie on the new controls
mpac

Postby vevima on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Ronnie Price and a 2nd for Kurt Thomas.
vevima

Postby mpac on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:51 pm

thanks! but i already have beefed up my frontline. :)
mpac

Postby vevima on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Thin on the SF, try flipping Price for veteran Korver.
vevima

Postby mpac on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:18 pm

thanks! yup a player for SF is preferred. Ill try it out.
mpac

Postby skotas28 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:50 am

Started an Association on 2k13.

Being a lithuanian it was an obvious move to choose Raptors.

Using Mekh?? (not sure about his nickname) All-Star sliders. 11min quarters.

Current record is 5-4, still yet to loose a game at home 4-0, but horrible on the road 1-4.. Was not happy with Landry Fields on a team, so made, of what I think it will be, the only trade of a season.
SF position was a must, so got G.Wallace and Reggie Evans for L.Fields + A.Gray + 2nd rounder..

Roster:

Starting 5:
K.Lowry
D.DeRozan
G.Wallace
A.Bargnani
J.Valanciunas

6th. J.Calderon
T.Ross
A.Johnson
E.Davis
L.Kleiza

R.Evans
J.Lucas

Reserve

Q.Acy
skotas28

Postby hova- on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:10 am

Wallace > Fields, Evans > Gray --> Raptors rape Nets on that deal
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby karlsanada10 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:47 am

Damn. My Career:

I'm with NO Hornets and I'm @ my 63rd game. Last game I had 40 pts against the Lakers, but did not manage to defeat Lakers and came up short trailing by 7 points.-.- We even managed to close the gap to 121-124.-.-
karlsanada10

Postby rise on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:50 am

So... uh... the GMs finally listen to your trade suggestions in My Player now! I'm with the Celtics and we traded Sullinger and Lee for Tyson Chandler and traded Jeff Green and a 2014 1st for MKG. I'm a happy man, but Avery Bradley has terrible shot selection and doesn't enjoy passing me the ball despite being the team's leading scorer.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby skotas28 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 pm

So I won another game at home and now have 6-4 record. It is a nice record, but when you check the teams I beat/lost to its too early to say, that Raptors will be a playoff team. First off I have 0-4 record with 50%+ team, so all my wins came against loosing teams. Well I beat Indiana twice (double OT at home and +5 away), but my other wins were against kings, wolves.. And I lost to OKC, Mavs, Nets and PTB..

But I am really hoping for playoffs already in this season and Valanciunas to contend for ROY. He is not doing too bad with 9.7pts/ 7.7rbs/ 1blk/ in 26min.
skotas28

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:22 am

So a couple of seasons into my Bucks and I don't find a good roster to stay for a longer time :(

After reading Sit's start to his new story, I guess it will be a smooth sailing from here on out for me and the Toronto Raptors.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby rise on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Radioman wrote:
z02 wrote:Once I get used to 2k13, I'll be starting an association.

Pretty sure my NC Domination save data is long gone but I'll post a write up of the upcoming season, which I remember fairly well, for something that happened about a year ago. :lol:

Looking forward to your new association, do you plan another custom team? or a real NBA team? Do you remember Joachim Keilerhoden? :lol:

I don't know yet. I'm making my own global changes to the rosters before I do whatever I do. I think it's going to be a lot more interesting this time around as i"ll be playing with a game a full 10 years newer.
Cavs4872 wrote:
DirkNBA wrote:Hi guys. I am currently doing a Bobcats Association. I'm thinking about trading for a veteran power forward, got any ideas?

Antawn Jamison? The Bobcats were interested in him in real life, and he shouldn't be too hard to get away from the Lakers. The Bulls would probably like to get rid of Boozer for some young players and/or picks. He's pretty good in the game, although he's got a somewhat difficult free throw. Al Harrington of the Magic is another good option, and probably the easiest to get out of the three. He can drive, post up and shoot as far out as the three. Zach Randolph is also another possibility. If it were me I would go after Boozer first. He would be a good fit on the current Bobcats team.
2k has Byron Mullens rated way too low. He jacked up tons of 3s this preseason and made 44% of them and a lot of us Bobcats fans think there's a chance he could be our leading scorer this season. If his rating wasn't so low, I'd just ride it out with him. I would just adjust the rating though.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby The X on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Started My Career with my guy, 6'3", 225lb SG. Unfortunately I got drafted at #14 by the Bucks. Not happy with where I ended up because Jennings, Monta & Gooden are just black holes, big ball hogs & costing us some wins.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:12 pm

The X wrote:Started My Career with my guy, 6'3", 225lb SG. Unfortunately I got drafted at #14 by the Bucks. Not happy with where I ended up because Jennings, Monta & Gooden are just black holes, big ball hogs & costing us some wins.

Wow, probably the toughest team to land since they have so many mediocre players that it's tough to crack the rotation, but still you won't make it to the Playoffs.

Well, I'm still waiting for a new roster update with the beginning of the season, then I will start a story here with a team I wanted to make a story with for the last few years. Already editted one draft class to get rid of ugly rookies and their strange animations (so many of them have the jordan or erving layup package, some of them have wicked unrealistic dunks and half of the rookie class has dirks one footed fadeaway)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Houndy on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:35 am

I got drafted by the Bucks too X, as a SG :(
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby The X on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:24 am

In hindsight I should've answered my Bucks' pre-draft questions differently to put them off :(
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:44 am

I landed on Boston my first try than restarted with one based entirely on myself and went to Philly. Don't worry about cracking the rotation because it took ten mediocre games to start for the celtics.

Having the most fun with my association. Not brick by brick, but the one I started on release week. Despite already outdated rosters, it's great.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Sweet, yeah, I'm probably going to start an Association the minute opening season rosters are out (& work workload calms a little), so likely in next fortnight.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:57 pm

The X wrote:Sweet, yeah, I'm probably going to start an Association the minute opening season rosters are out (& work workload calms a little), so likely in next fortnight.

I hope they manage to release a proper roster for opening night. So far, 2k has surprised me with their effort, as they have changed jerseys & outdated courts pretty fast and they look great. Seems like their support is a little bit better than in the last years, where I thought they released the game and just let go.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby mpac on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Restarted my association for the nth time as im intrigued on how houston and okc will fare with the new lineup. Went back to miami so that i can move up to superstar and i like to experiment the roster around wade and lebron. Plus! One ring for ray allen! Traitor or not, still my all time fave player.

1st game was a nice comeback win vs the celtics. We had a bit of a hard time good thing rondo struggled with only 5pts and 10 asst with 2-12 shooting.

Im thinking of minimize my shooters for a big man so that lebron will play his normal position.

My trade baits: miller, bosh - interesting who is available for him though :)
mpac

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:22 am

While we are all waiting for a proper roster, I started an association with the Blazers because I'm still freakin' undecided for my association. Their bench is a disaster... that would be a nice challenge.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm having trouble with finding a good difficulty to play on, I use one of albys sliders but play them on All-Star or pro. Most of the time the games have been blow outs. Should I bump the game up to superstar?
SuperHueyNewton

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood