The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: The "How is your Dynasty/Association going" Thread

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:32 am

By happy coincidence, he's from Long Beach and went to the University of Southern California. So, the Badass (B) from Southern California (let's say Scal instead of USC or So Cal). A bit of a stretch perhaps but the best I can come up with off the top of my head.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby skotas28 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:21 am

With the record 19-21, approaching the trade deadline and still batling for the 8th spot, decided to shake up the roster. I really wanted to get M.Conley (instead of B.Davis) and somehow to get L.Deng. To do that, had to trade either T.Evans or G.Wallace or D.Cousins. Grizzlies GM probably thought that I am crazy, as I offered T.Evans for M.Conley. Trade was accepted. Unfortunately could not figure out a trade to get L.Deng. Traded B.Davis and J.Stackhouse for C.Maggette and M.Carroll.

After trade deadline the roster is:

M.Conley
C.Maggette
G.Wallace
J.J. Hickson
D.Cousins

M.Webster
J.Thompson
D.Gibson
S.Dalembert
D.Greene
M.Carroll
N.Mohammed

first game after trade beat 76ers 105-102.. POTG M.Conley 19pts. 8ast. 3-5 3pts. (thats why I wanted him). Record 20-21.
skotas28

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:28 pm

Started playing NBA 2k12 in my new rig(BOOYAH! Finally have one)

Using Rockets.

Loss to Jazz twice. Won a game, forgot what I team I was against though. Then lost to Pacers again.-.- 1-3, not a good start for me.
karlsanada10

Postby shabba_93 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:55 am

after deciding to put my Wizards Assosiation on hold until the roster updates are complete decided to do a Cavs assosiation for the time being. decided to have a bit of fun and base it around getting back at Lebron by winning them a Championship in the next few years. So I did what any self respecting GM in such a situation would do, blow up the team. I traded away everyone with any value for draft picks and players with expiring deals. Managed to get some pieces for the future keeping Irving and getting Beasley, Rubio and Evan Turner via trades but we still finnished with the worst record going 9-49. The draft lottery work out nicely for us as we managed to get the 1st,2nd, 8th and 11th picks along with the 20th. Took Barnes and Sullinger 1 and 2 respectively, Doron Lamb with the 8th and Quincy Miller with the 11th. signed my 20th pick aswell a PG I cant remember the name of but didn't sign 2nd round rookies as my other picks wouldn't have got any playing time. Let all the expiring contracts go except Beasley who I tried to resign however he rejected our offer. Managed to pick up some big pieces with all the cap room so our line-up is looking stong:

C Nene
PF Kevin Love
SF Harrison Barnes
SG JR Smith
PG Kyrie Irving

6th Landry Fields
7 Jarred Sullinger
8 Quincy Miller
9 Ricky Rubio
10 Doron Lamb
11 Ronny Turiaf
12 PG Rookie

Had Finals runners up Dallas(lost to the Heat :facepalm2: ) at home to open the season and gave them a run for their money losing out 98-104. Gunned down the Celtics, Kings and Bucks to get off to a 3-1 start. hopefully we can keep this up.
shabba_93

Postby mpac on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:16 pm

Celtics swept the Pacers on the 2nd round (thanks to Josh Smith's mvp numbers averaging 32pts per game) and meet up with the Miami Heat. We won the Games 1 and 2, as the heat dont have a solid center and Chris Bosh could not guard Nene and JSmooze. In winning the 2 games, I almost felt arrogant and thought I could sweep the series. Unfortunately for game 3, Wade and lebron woke up and scored like hell from anywhere. Wade scored 32 and Bron had 28 as they won against us 91-84. Game 4, is much more difficult as eddie house joined the fray, scoring 22 pts and the Big Three contributed well as they won 85-76.

Game 5 was ours. :) The only downside was Ray allen got injured but there was rondo to the rescue. Kirk hinrich made some key baskets and we won by 10.

Game 6 was the best game by far in my 2k12 life :) With ray allen playing 100% (only injured for a day, weird), we led the 1st qtr by 10 at 29-19. And then lebron became a monster scoring 14 2nd qtr points, and close the gap into a 35-39 halftime. 3rd quarter was Lebron's quarter as he puff and puff and ballooned Miami's lead to 11 at 59-48. Im starting to plan for Game 7. :) Suddenly Ray allen got hot and scored 15 3rd qtr points with 3 triples to trim down the lead 3 at 68-65 Miami Lead.

Then there goes the final period of Game 6. Ray Allen scored 3 straight threes and josh smith came back to life as we took the lead again at 83-78 in last 3 minutes of the game. and Then dWade scored 6 straight points coming into the last 2 minutes of the game and Miami leads 84-83. We slow it down and then rondo found allen in the corner for a three to take 86-84 lead with 1:44 sec. Bosh tied the game at 86 and then rondo was fouled during inbound and then split hischarities, leading us up at 87-86.

1 minute to go, josh smith stole the ball from haslem and then took a thunderous dunk plus a foul! We are now leading 90-86 and im smelling Lakers in the finals. :) And then suddenly Lebron took a fallaway long three to trim the lead down to 1 at 89-90 at 43 secs. I really thought i made the best defense against him with Jsmoove but still he made the shot. We tried milking down the clock, and then suddenly for the first time in my 2k12 life, eddie house stole the ball from rondo with 22 secs left ! Miami got the ball back then call a timeout. They setup a play for wade isolation and then drove to the middle then all of us jumped over him, and then he dished it off to an open Bosh! We managed to foul bosh before taking a wide open layup but still his 2 fts went it, as they took the lead at 91-90 in the last 6.3 sec.

Final 6.3 seconds, we called our final timeout and I plan to let rondo drive (as house is the weakest defender) and then drop off to pierce for a jumper. Unfortunately, the play didnt succeed. Rondo got the ball from an inbound, and then wade and house cornered him on the side, I tried looking for Pierce but Lebron is on him, Jsmoove is out of bounds (maybe signing autographs) but I was able to find ray allen in the middle, few steps from the 3pt line, and then I took a long three (to avoid contact) from there, wished for a miracle for a second and swooosh!!! we now lead 93-91 with 0.6 secs! Miami had a last chance but gladly house missed his desperation heave and we are in the NBA finals! Allen finished with 35 points with 10-17 3pt FG.

Next up Nba finals vs the Lakers. Bring it on, Kobe :)
mpac

Postby Radioman on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Despite some doubts i finally decided to buy 2k12. Don't know yet which team i choose, i don't have a favourite. Let's see what happens in the next weeks in real NBA.#
Maybe i play something crazy like John Wall with the Lakers. :lol:
Radioman

Postby rise on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:08 am

How about Chris Paul and Dwight Howard on the Bobcats? :lol:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Radioman on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:17 pm

z02 wrote:How about Chris Paul and Dwight Howard on the Bobcats? :lol:

Why not? :)

But it looks like Howard going to Brooklyn
Radioman

Postby Radioman on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:16 am

Magic 29 Games
To shorten the time until a decent "Openning Night" Roster comes out i started a 29 Game Season with the Orlando Magic. I traded away Turkoglu and Q.Rich for Corey Maggette and a guy i cant remember.

Maggette does really well so far scoring around 20 points a game. Dwight Howard could not find his Game, only 14ppg and 8rpg :(

Startet the season with a win over the Hornets but lost to the Bobcats. :mrgreen: Beaten the Mavericks but lost close to the Lakers and Blazers...

I had a crazy trade offer which i declined:

The Clippers offered Blake Griffin + Chris Kaman for Dwight Howard.
Radioman

Postby rise on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:22 am

Take the trade!
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Radioman on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:36 pm

This time i listen to your advice, i ll report how it worked when the next 5 Games are through. :D
Radioman

Postby JaoSming on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:39 pm

So last time I updated this, I had Rondo, Ellis, Pierce and David Lee, and then drafted Austin Rivers.

I started the 2nd season off badly, and started looking at trades. I got rid of Ellis and a few of my bench players for fucking Tony Parker and Tim Duncan......yea, I took that. So my line up was Rondo, Parker, Pierce, Duncan, and Lee, with a improving Jeff Green, Birdman, and rookies on the bench. The team imploded, chemistry was shit, the only four players that were happy were Rondo, Pierce, Lee and Green. Didn't even make the playoffs in that second season (10th place) and the majority of the team wanted out.

During the draft, I got rid of Tony Parker for Danny Granger (1 year contract), Drew Gooden and some picks and Timmy for McGee. Picked up DeAndre Jordan in free agency and signed 3 of my 4 draft picks. Current lineup is Rondo, Pierce, Granger, Lee, McGee, with Green and Jordan first off the bench. Then Gooden and Generic Rookies. Ranked 8th in the power rankings starting the 3rd season and destroyed the first two teams I played.

Just to note some of the interesting player movement I've seen. VC went back to the Raptors during the initial season, and made them #1 in the east. The Pistons, led by Mack and Byumbo were tied for #1 with Toronto despite having no superstars, they were just deep with mid-range talent. The Heat got better, Wade, Stephen Jackson, LeBron, Bosh, Big Baby, with Tayshaun Prince, Mike Miller, and Hinrich off the bench. Despite being the 3 seed, they swept the playoffs to win. Dwight signed with the Bobcats, and the Cavs have a Kemba Walker/Kyrie Irving starting combo.

Friggin LOVE the 14 game seasons. It's almost like its two leagues, only competing with each other in the championship game or all-star weekend.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Radioman on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:11 pm

I havent tried the 14 Game season yet. So you only play inside your Conference?

That Dwight signed with the Bobcats could make Z02 happy. :D
Radioman

Postby BD1899 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:33 am

I was goofing around with 2k12 in Association Mode and I think I accidentally created a great young team that would be fun to play as. I was playing as the Bobcats and I spent an entire season doing drills to raise Kemba Walker's shooting and Biyombo's post defense. I had a very rough season and ended up as the #6 pick in the NBA lottery. Somehow I got very lucky and landed a #2 pick instead, which gave me a chance to choose another young piece for my team. The Raptors took Harrison Barnes with their first pick so I decided that Andre Drummond would be the best choice. It would let me move Biyombo to PF where he'd be better suited for my team.

After the draft, I realized that I somehow ended up being 28M under the salary cap. Because of this, I decided to just offer a contract to CP3, Rose, Westbrook, and Kevin Love to see if one of them came to the team. I was shocked when it turned out that Chris Paul of all players accepted my offer and joined the team. From there, I shopped away Kemba Walker and in return I got Eric Gordon who had just signed a contract with the Pacers. After a few more signings with my remaining money, I started preseason with a lineup of:

Paul
Gordon/Ellington/Carroll
Batum/Maggette/Cunningham/Radja (rookie)
Biyombo/Diaw/White
Drummond/Przybilla

I still need to sign a backup PG but after only preseason game, it looks like I've accidentally created a monster. The Paul/Drummond pick and roll is a beast in this game and Drummond is dunking on anyone who gets near him. Gordon and Batum make for good three point shooters to space the floor and Gordon can even get to the rim and throw it down at times. I didn't really want to do much with this association, but now I feel like I'm kinda forced to. This team might be too fun to pass on.

Original image by freshcontrast
BD1899

Postby rise on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:31 am

^
That is what I want my Bobcats to look like. (Y)

JaoSming wrote:The Heat got better, Wade, Stephen Jackson, LeBron, Bosh, Big Baby, with Tayshaun Prince, Mike Miller, and Hinrich off the bench. Despite being the 3 seed, they swept the playoffs to win. Dwight signed with the Bobcats

That looks like an NBA Live 2003 supporting cast.

DWIGHT! :applaud:
rise
Contributor

Postby JaoSming on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:25 am

Radioman wrote:I havent tried the 14 Game season yet. So you only play inside your Conference?

correcto, seems random who you play at home and away

z02 wrote:^
That is what I want my Bobcats to look like. (Y)
DWIGHT! :applaud:

glad you approved, I'll let you know if they are still in last place or not after this season :P
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby rise on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:05 pm

:lol:

Well, I haven't even opened up 2k11 or Live 2003 more than a couple times in the last month, so I busted out 2k11 and played 3-on-3 as Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudemire, and Carmelo Anthony versus Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol. The New York "Big Three" won and it wasn't even close.

Just thought I'd put that one out there.
rise
Contributor

Postby Rta on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Hey guys,i'm starting an association and I need team suggestions.
Rta

Postby rise on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:43 pm

I'm liking the way the Knicks look with Chandler at the 5. Also, Roy-less Blazers are interesting.
rise
Contributor

Postby hova- on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm pretty much tempted to start an Association with the Mavs as soon as the season starts. I like the deals and I'm a fan definitely. Maybe will post in here every now and then.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby skotas28 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Finished the season with my Kings, as predicted 29-29 :) still it was not enough to get to the playoffs. Champions Lakers, beat Celtics 4-3.
Draft's turned out to be succesfull, picks 3(via blazers) and 14. 3rd pick Marvin Garnett 206cm 105kg SF/SG, good shooter and defender, 21yrs old and has A+ potential.
14th pick Dean Ryan 216cm 106kg PF/C, really athletic. Did not re-sign N.Mohammed and sent M.Caroll to PTB for 2 future 2nd round picks, to clear the space for the rookies.

Moved C.Maggette to the bench, and made M.Garnett a starting SG.
Team for 2012-2013 season looks like this:

PG M.Conley
SG M.Garnett
SF G.Wallace
PF J.J. Hickson
C. D. Cousins

6th. M.Webster
7th. C.Maggette
8th. J. Thompson
9th. S. Dalembert
10th. D.Gibson
11th. D.Ryan
12th. K.Dooling (sign him as 3rd PG)

IR D.Greene

J.Thompson was unhappy about a playing time for the bigger part of last season. And now at the beginning of this, he is still moaning. Probably I will try to deal him somewhere, where he would get more PT, and put D.Ryan into rotation.

Played 2 games this season (using these updated the Truth's sliders). Beat PTB 118-110, lost to GSW 99-116. I hate playing against warriors, cos always ellis and curry are fukin superhumans, cant miss anything. this time ellis 45pts, curry 27pts.
skotas28

Postby Martti. on Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:35 am

Started a 2K12 association with the Nuggets, new updated 2K rosters with all the deals (CP3, Hamilton etc).

Went with this starting line-up :

Nene
Faried
Gallinari
Afflalo
Lawson

First game against the Blazers, opened up trailing 0-14. Got back in the game, even led by 8 in the third, but in the end, couldn't hang on and lost by 5.

Second game, was in control against the Warriors, though there were many lead changes, never trailed by more then 5. Led by 7 with 3 minutes to go, but Monta and Wright tied tied the game. Turned it over and Monta made a jumper with 3 seconds left. Missed a three with Lawson and that's all she wrote.

Now 0-2, but I really like this team.

Faried has averaged 30.5 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 steals and 2.5 assists in the 2 games. Next up - Cavs. Will hope to get my first win there.

Haven't thought of any trades, all guys have played well.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby The X on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:09 am

Jan Vesely. That is all. If you can, trade for him in your Association. Tom Chambers 2 handed poster dunks on everybody :applaud:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Martti. on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:26 am

I think I should consider him as my starting 3. Gallo and Rudy are the two players I'm willing to deal. (Also Mozgov).

That probably wasn't directed at me, but I'm always looking at trade options with any team I play with. :lol:
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby The X on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:03 am

I don't think he's ready to start, but as first forward off bench he's an asset
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood