(63-19) First Round Wraps Up [4-0]

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Warriors, Jazz in Town [52-20]

Postby Houndy on Sun May 22, 2011 8:03 am

Nice wins, you are rolling to the playoffs.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby rise on Sun May 22, 2011 8:05 am

Axel. wrote: "I told them straight up that they were playing high school teenage girl offense," Jazz head coach Jerry Sloan said, "It obviously got the message to them as the offense was a lot more fluid in the second half. The effort on defense just wasn't there, and that's why we lost.
That's the way it should be done. (Y)

Good wins!
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby hova- on Sun May 22, 2011 11:54 am

Good job, seems like you were in full control vs GSW. Martin is keeping his .500% from the field pace up. I like your chances for Playoffs as the Jazz could be a potential opponent I guess.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Cruzerr on Sun May 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Devin is a beast in 2k, nice wins .
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby George7 on Sun May 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Nice job getting the two easy wins. K-mart the Mvp again!
George7

Postby Axel The Great on Mon May 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Houndy wrote:Nice wins, you are rolling to the playoffs.

Yep. If we keep up the stellar play, we'll most likely get past the second round. :)
z02 wrote:
Axel. wrote: "I told them straight up that they were playing high school teenage girl offense," Jazz head coach Jerry Sloan said, "It obviously got the message to them as the offense was a lot more fluid in the second half. The effort on defense just wasn't there, and that's why we lost.
That's the way it should be done. (Y)

Good wins!

Sloan isn't someone who'd be impressed with the effort offensively by the Jazz in the first half. Things clicked for them in the second half, they just didn't play defense.
hova- wrote:Good job, seems like you were in full control vs GSW. Martin is keeping his .500% from the field pace up. I like your chances for Playoffs as the Jazz could be a potential opponent I guess.

I find it surprising that I was able to contain the Warriors like that. I guess part of it has to do with their shot selection early on. K-Mart is just dominating offensively; wish he could be that dominant irl.
Cruzerr wrote:Devin is a beast in 2k, nice wins .

He's not hard to stop offensively, but he will always get his 10+ assists in 2K.
George7 wrote:Nice job getting the two easy wins. K-mart the Mvp again!

K-Mart's actually an MVP Candidate, but with players like Kevin Durant and LeBron above him, that's probably not happening. :(
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

NCAA March Madness: Elite Eight

Postby Axel The Great on Wed May 25, 2011 6:58 am

Elite Eight

Out of 68 total teams in the NCAA Tournament, we are now down to eight. Out of the four first seeds, only two remain: Kansas and Kentucky. There have been many stunning upsets, and each eight of these teams have fought hard to get this far in the tournament. Let's take a look at the matchups and how they got here.

East Regional Championship
5. Arizona
Led by breakout star Derrick Williams, the fifth-seeded Arizona Wildcats cruised through the Zee Otoo led USC, taking them down with a score of 88-67 despite Otoo's stellar game of 26 points (6/9 from downtown). Williams had himself a double-double of 28 points and 12 rebounds, having his way down low. Arizona then went on to face the UCLA Bruins whom were led by Tyler Honeycutt. In this game, Derrick Williams had a tough time down low as he was being guarded by premiere big man Valdis Iesalnieks, who had 10 points and 13 boards to go along with four blocks. Despite that, Williams still managed 21 points and 13 boards, as Arizona won a close one 71-67. From there, the Wildcats went on to face the first-seeded Duke Blue Devils. In a very close contest, Derrick Williams once again led the way with 25 points and 13 rebounds, upsetting Duke by a score of 68-67. Williams had the game-winning block on Kyrie Irving, as he went up for a layup, Williams came from the weak side to emphatically swat it away to preserve an Elite Eight ticket.

2. North Carolina
The North Carolina Tar Heels prevailed in the first round by blowing out UTEP 77-50. Harrison Barnes led the way with 25 points, 8 boards and 6 assists. In the second round, the Tar Heels met Purdue, and took them down by a score of 78-65. Harrison Barnes struggled a bit, but found his rhythm in the last few minutes of the game on route to 21 points and 7 rebounds. North Carolina then met the third seeded Ohio State in the Sweet Sixteen, and took them down 65-59. Jared Sullinger of Ohio State led the way for his team with 22 points and 10 boards, but it was not enough despite Barnes' mediocre game of 14 points. It hasn't came easy, but the Tar Heels have grinded their way towards the Elite Eight.

Everyone was craving and expecting a Duke-UNC East Regional championship matchup, but the Arizona Wildcats had something to say about that. With Derrick Williams having a monster tournament, him being matched up with Harrison Barnes will make this a very intriguing game.

West Regional Championship
3. Texas
The third-seeded Texas Longhorns took down and endured Virgina Commowealth's three-point barrage in a close matchup 78-75 in the first round. Jordan Hamilton led the way for Texas with 23 points and eight rebounds. VCU went 13/24 from downtown, with Joey Rodriguez missing the three to tie it at the buzzer. The Longhorns then went on to face the sixth-seeded LSU Tigers. Texas prevailed 65-56; they held a double-digit lead throughout most of the game, but Willie Lewis scored 14 of his 22 points in the second half to put together a rally. This time it was Tristan Thompson stepping up for Texas with 16 points and 14 rebounds. Next, Texas took on the second-seeded Florida Gators, and won 78-74, holding them scoreless in the last two minutes of the game (trailing 70-74) to turn the tables on Florida. Jordan Hamilton's 34 point explosion led the way for Texas to clinch a spot in the Elite Eight.

4. Butler
The Butler Bulldogs started the tournament by taking out the 13 seed Princeton University 56-51. Matt Howard led the way with 17 points and 14 rebounds, while Shelvin Mack contributed 15 points and 7 assists. Next up were the Villanova Wildcats, led by Corey Fisher's 25 point game in the second round. Despite that, Butler prevailed 58-56, as Shelvin Mack knocked down a 16-foot jumpshot at the buzzer to prevail. Butler then went on to upset the first seeded Michigan State Spartans in the Sweet Sixteen, as Mack held Thierry Tirieux to a low scoring 11 point game. Matt Howard was the leader of the game as he hit a hook shot to give Butler the lead at 67-66 with 3 seconds remaining, and after a timeout, an inbound pass intended for Tirieux was intercepted by Shawn Vanzant to secure a spot in the Elite Eight.

It's hard to predict who will come out on top in this game. Butler's defense is sure to give Hamilton and Thompson some trouble, but if Texas can get things going offensively, Butler will need to respond with some offense of their own.

Southwest Regional Championship
1. Kentucky
In the first round, the Kentucky Wildcats easily took down Akron 79-45. Brandon Knight went for 27 points and 8 assists, while Justine Jones had a double-double of 18 points and 10 rebounds. Kentucky then went on to eliminate Georgetown by a score of 76-55. Once again, Brandon Knight led the way with 24 points and 6 assists, and Justine Jones had a near triple-double of 15 points, 8 assists and 7 rebounds. Jimmer Fredette and BYU were next in line in which Kentucky scraped by 78-76. Knight struggled with only 13 points, but hit a tough floater over Fredette (who had a game high 32 points) to give his Wildcats the lead with 4.6 seconds remaining. Fredette had to settle for a deep contested three for the win, but it rolled off the rim as Jones secured the rebound to advance to the Elite Eight.

3. UConn
Kemba Walker and his UConn Huskies defeated the 14-seeded Houston Cougars in the first round 78-71. Walker was the high-point man with 27 points and 8 assists. After being down for most of the game, the Huskies put together a 12-2 run in the last three minutes of the game to secure the win and prevent an upset. Next, UConn took on the 11th seeded Marquette, and defeated them 75-65. Once again, Walker led the way with 28 points and 10 assists, also getting help from Alex Oriakhi's double-double of 12 points and 11 boards. In the Sweet Sixteen, UConn faced Jacob Pullen and the Kansas State Wildcats. Pullen and Walker held a scoring duel, both scoring 30+ points, but in the end, the Huskies proved to be too much as they closed out the game with stops and free throws to advance to the Elite Eight 87-82.

The elite matchup of Kemba Walker and Brandon Knight is one to watch. Walker has stomped all over the defenses in the first three rounds, while Kentucky has had to grind their way to get this far. Will Kentucky be able to slow down Walker, or will UConn continue their offensive efficiency?

Southeast Regional Championship
1. Kansas
The Morris brothers, Markieff and Marcus together have combined for 20+ rebounds in the first three rounds. They've both been able to hit threes consistently, first steamrolling through Cornell 85-56. Markieff had 18 points and 14 boards, while Marcus had 21 and 11. In the second round, Kansas avoided the upset against the ninth-seeded Baylor, whom fell 83-76. Lacking Perry Jones, the Baylor Bears still put up a fight, but the Morris brothers combined for 38 points and 23 rebounds (Markieff: 18 and 13, Marcus 20 and 10). The Jayhawks then enjoyed sweet victory in the Sweet Sixteen over the Missouri Tigers by beating them 82-70. Marcus struggled with only 13 points and 7 boards, but Markieff had a monster game of 20 points and 16 boards, to secure a spot in the Elite Eight.

14. Fresno State
The Cinderella story of the tournament, the Fresno State Bulldogs have been led by Brad Halstead's suffocating perimeter and interior defense. Halstead single handedly kept Notre Dame at bay taking them down 64-57. Halstead was in charge of guarding Ben Hansbrough and kept him to a 10 point, 4-14 shooting game. Halstead scored 15 points, grabbed 8 rebounds, and blocked three shots to upset the third-seeded Notre Dame Fighting Irish. In the second round, the Bulldogs took down the sixth-seeded Florida State Seminoles and they were no contest as they went down 71-56. Halstead led the way with 21 points, 10 rebounds and 6 assists, with 3 blocks and steals to accompany that stat line. Next were the second-seeded Pittsburgh Panthers and they went down 57-55. Halstead scored the go-ahead-bucket which was a long contested 18-foot jumpshot which got the friendly bounce. Halstead also made sure to keep Ashton Gibbs to a bad shooting night of 3-9.

Last season, Kansas was upset by the ninth-seeded Iowa in the second round. They do not want to repeat an upset over a lower-seed foe this time around, as the Morris brothers will have to watch out for Halstead's versatile presence on defense. Halstead has guarded multiple positions in this tournament, and is looking to lead his Bulldogs to yet another upset in the tournament and advance to the Final Four.

Exciting games are in store, but when the dust is settled and all is said and done, there will be only four teams that will travel to Houston for the Final Four and a chance to compete for the NCAA Championship. All eight of these teams have proved themselves by going this far, but what team will go all the way to win it all?
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: NCAA March Madness: Elite Eight

Postby Cruzerr on Wed May 25, 2011 7:30 am

Great Elite Eight post.

Also, happy birthday ! :bday:
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Houndy on Wed May 25, 2011 11:49 am

Biased towards Texas....

Happy Birthday!
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby rise on Wed May 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Dammit, Derrick Williams!

Happy birthday! :D
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed May 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Bulldogs defeating Spartans. That's just stupid :lol:

You will hear more about me in the NBA!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Bucket on Wed May 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Nice two wins here, and Jazz 42-27 :shock: I agree with you, LeBron always win MVP in 2k11...
Happy B-Day
Bucket

Postby |)e8* on Wed May 25, 2011 6:52 pm

How did my team do??
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Justine. on Wed May 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Great performances from me (Y) And Knight too. UConn will be a tough matchup, hope we can eliminate them :)
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Stress Fracture on Wed May 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Hey, it seems that you had your birthday a couple of days back. Happy birthday!! :chug:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Kenny on Wed May 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Happy birthday Axel! Hope you have a great day.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Thu May 26, 2011 8:00 am

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys!

Cruzerr wrote:Great Elite Eight post.

Also, happy birthday ! :bday:

Thanks. Post was a bit lengthy, but for those NCAA Tournament freaks like me it's an interesting read. :)
Houndy wrote:Biased towards Texas....

Happy Birthday!

*Gasp*. You've discovered by biasness! Hook 'em horns! :P
z02 wrote:Dammit, Derrick Williams!

Happy birthday! :D

The new 'D-Wil' is hard to stop.
Thierry • wrote:Bulldogs defeating Spartans. That's just stupid :lol:

You will hear more about me in the NBA!

What's stupid about it? The fact that I made your team lose or that you had a bad game? Either way, you'll get your chance in the NBA.
Valdis wrote:Nice two wins here, and Jazz 42-27 :shock: I agree with you, LeBron always win MVP in 2k11...
Happy B-Day

Yeah, even after the D-Will trade they are still rolling. KD is posting some sick numbers here, yet LeBron remains on top of the MVP Candidates with his 27/7/6.
|)e8* wrote:How did my team do??

Let's say you defeated West Virginia in the first round 76-70, with Xavier Nelson's 23 points and 8 assists, then lost in the second round to the second-seeded Pittsburgh Panthers 65-62. How's that? :wink:
Justine. wrote:Great performances from me (Y) And Knight too. UConn will be a tough matchup, hope we can eliminate them :)

Forgot to mention Terrence Jones in the article. :lol: Oh well, just know he's there. Kemba Walker will definitely be tough to handle.
Stress Fracture wrote:Hey, it seems that you had your birthday a couple of days back. Happy birthday!! :chug:

I know you live in the Philippines so you're time zone is ahead of mine, but my b-day was not two days ago. :lol: I am turning 17 as I write this post, but thanks either way! :) Btw, will you ever continue Red Dead Redemption?
badreligionau wrote:Happy birthday Axel! Hope you have a great day.

Thanks Kenny! Great to see you drop by. :)

Week 23 is next, and will consist of four games, including a road trip to South Beach. After Week 23, then it's 24 and 25 as we close out the regular season! :dance:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri May 27, 2011 1:17 am

Oh, about my dynasty, well I don't want to Thierry it so I'll still continue it. I'm a month older than you. :razz:

I didn't notice that the season's about to end. Well, good luck! (Y)
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby George7 on Fri May 27, 2011 1:30 am

Hey, Happy Brithday Axel.!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Seems you're some months older than me(turning 17 in September)...

Butler - Connecticut match-up in the final like IRL possible?
George7

Postby Bucket on Fri May 27, 2011 5:04 am

Axel. wrote:LeBron remains on top of the MVP Candidates with his 27/7/6

He is always on top. Even if he score only 20 ppg and grab 3 rpg..... :shake:
I hope in 2k12 it will be fixed, I don't want to see Rose winning it every time. :lol:
Bucket

Re: Rocketing Talents in South Beach [54-22]

Postby Axel The Great on Fri May 27, 2011 11:49 am

[52-20] Houston Rockets 108-113 Miami Heat [47-25]

Image Image
Yao Ming continues to show some offensive efficiency. | Kevin Martin with the poster over RuPaul.
Image Image
LeBron with the reverse windmill dunk on the fast break. | And more of the same from D-Wade.

Miami just could not miss. They shot 64% from the field in the first half, 55% for the game. LeBron James torched the Rockets for 20 of his game high 34 points in the opening quarter. Despite the offensive mauling, Houston somehow kept the game close. Kevin Martin ramped up his intensity this game with a team high 32 points, going 9/10 from the charity stripe. Things were not looking good for the Rockets at halftime, but they were down by just six.

In the second half, the defensive intensity ramped up, and the offense cooled down. Still, Miami outscored the Rockets in the third period 23-19, and Houston was going into the final period down 10. Miami's lead was 13 at one point, but with Kevin Martin on your team, the game is not over yet. Martin willed Houston to a late rally in the final period, scoring bucket after bucket to come within four points. However, Dwyane Wade was able to hit some clutch shots of his own to protect the lead, and Miami ultimately won the game by making free throws.

"They had a good run in that final period, but we held our composure and silenced them with our clutch shooting," said LeBron James after the game. James is the favorite for league MVP so far, and his all-around numbers back that up, as he was the player of the game.

Player of the Game-
LeBron James
34 points | 6 rebounds | 6 assists | 4 steals | 14/20 FG

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 32 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 11/22 FG, 9/10 FT
Yao Ming - 12 points, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 5/7 FG
Luis Scola - 12 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 5/12 FG
Aaron Brooks - 10 points, 6 assists, 1 rebound, 1 steal, 4/10 FG

Heat:
Dwyane Wade - 29 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 12/23 FG
Chris Bosh - 18 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block, 8/12 FG
Mike Bibby - 10 points, 10 assists, 1 rebound, 2 steals, 3/7 FG
Mike Miller - 6 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 1/2 FG

Image29 30 19 30 108
Image31 34 23 25 113

[52-21] Houston Rockets 111-95 New Jersey Nets [24-48]

Image Image
Neither D-Wil nor Jordan Farmar are enough to keep AB at bay. | Brook Lopez with a monster scoring game.

The Nets, second in the league in turnovers, had 13 in this game, and they were pretty costly, as they led to fast-paced transition basketball for the Rockets, something in which they thrive. That's how Houston ended up shooting 52% from the field for the game. In the first half, role players like Kris Humphries and Sasha Vujacic were giving the Rockets a bit of trouble on the offensive end, but in the second half, Houston went on an offensive and defensive tear, scoring 31 points and limiting New Jersey to 19 in the third quarter.

Vujacic and Deron Williams both had four turnovers apiece. That, and free throws were the deciding factor of this blowout. New Jersey didn't get to the line much, and shot just 11/18 from there. It's really not that New Jersey shot poorly though, they went 49% from the field and 6/10 from downtown, but with that, Houston bounces back from the heartbreaking loss they received at the hands of the Miami Heat.

Player of the Game-
Kevin Martin
27 points | 4 assists | 4 rebounds | 1 steal | 1 block | 9/17 FG | 8/8 FT

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Luis Scola - 19 points, 8 rebounds, 1 steal, 7/11 FG
Aaron Brooks - 17 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 3 steals, 7/10 FG
Kyle Lowry - 12 points, 7 assists, 1 rebound, 2 steals, 3/7 FG
Yao Ming - 8 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3/7 FG
Shane Battier - 8 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 3/7 FG

Nets:
Brook Lopez - 32 points, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 14/22 FG
Deron Williams - 19 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 8/17 FG
Travis Outlaw - 10 points, 4 rebounds, 4/10 FG
Sasha Vujacic - 10 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 4/8 FG

Image31 26 31 23 111
Image22 27 19 27 95

[53-21] Houston Rockets 98-104 Philadelphia 76ers [26-48]

Image Image
Dunks from Kevin Martin have become an every game thing. | Battier gets it going from deep.
Image Image
Shots were falling all game for Philly. | Despite Yao's inside presence, Houston was mauled on the boards, thanks in large part to Elton Brand.

Some games in basketball are won by just willpower, energy, effort. That's what the 76ers showed in this game. Despite being eliminated from playoff contention, Philadelphia came out of the gates and outhustled Houston to pick up a much needed and upset win. "We had lost eight out of our last ten; we really needed this win," said Philly's leader Mareesse Speights. Speights had a superb game lighting the Rockets up for 25 points and grabbing eight boards. "We were getting some clean looks from mid-range. The guys did an excellent job with the ball movement, and our shots were falling," said a proud head coach Doug Collins.

Philadelphia shot 54% (and 0/3 from downtown), and severely outrebounded the Rockets 48-33. Philadelphia took the lead back in the third quarter, rampaging for 31 points. In the fourth quarter, their lead ballooned to 12, but a Rockets rally trimmed the margin down, but unfortunately, that rally was not enough.

Player of the Game-
Mareesse Speights
25 points | 8 rebounds | 3 assists | 2 blocks | 12/18 FG

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 28 points, 4 assists, 1 rebound, 1 block, 10/19 FG, 7/7 FT
Luis Scola - 16 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block, 7/13 FG
Shane Battier - 13 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 5/10 FG, 3/3 3P
Yao Ming - 12 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 5/8 FG
Aaron Brooks - 12 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds, 3/11 FG, 5/6 FT

76ers:
Andre Iguodala - 23 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 9/19 FG
Elton Brand - 13 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, 6/13 FG
Thadeous Young - 10 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block, 5/8 FG
Jrue Holiday - 8 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 2/4 FG

Image24 25 22 27 98
Image27 19 31 27 104

[53-22] Houston Rockets 106-99 San Antonio Spurs [47-28]

Image Image
The shot to put San Antonio away for good. | The Spurs had a tough time keeping Aaron Brooks in front of them.
Image Image
Manu torching the Rockets for seven triples. | Blair has big shoes to fill in with Duncan out for the season.

In San Antonio's last game, they suffered their biggest loss of the season, Tim Duncan, in a win against the Boston Celtics. He has a broken foot, and will be sidelined for the rest of the season, including the playoffs.

Boy what a difference he could've made in this game. Houston mauled San Antonio in the paint, winning the points in the paint battle 56-38. However, Manu Ginobili beat the Rockets from the outside, going for 41 points and scoring seven triples. The Spurs won the battle of the boards 52-45, and one must wonder what Duncan could've done had he been present.

Houston had a 16-point lead at one point in the game, but a huge third quarter rally and a 17-7 start in the fourth quarter and the Spurs were back in it. Ginobili tied the game at 81 with a triple. From there, it was bucket-trading, until a momentum-swinging three-point play by Kevin Martin put the score 94-91. Martin had a team high 29 points, scoring nine of those points in the last six minutes of the game. With the score 96-95, Houston scored two consecutive and easy buckets to pull away 100-95.

In the last minute, Martin hit a step-back 20-foot jumpshot to put the Spurs away for good, 104-97. Aaron Brooks closed out the game by hitting a pair of free throws, as the Rockets split the season series against San Antonio 2-2, and clinch the Southwest division.

Player of the Game-
Kevin Martin
29 points | 4 rebounds | 2 assists | 2 steals | 11/17 FG

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Aaron Brooks - 18 points, 5 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals, 6/8 FG
Luis Scola - 14 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals, 6/13 FG
Terrence Williams - 11 points, 1 assist, 4/8 FG
Yao Ming - 10 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 block, 5/10 FG
Shane Battier - 8 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 3/5 FG

Spurs:
Manu Ginobili - 41 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 17/34 FG, 7/14 3P
Tony Parker - 18 points, 17 assists, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 4/11 FG, 10/12 FT
George Hill - 12 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 6/15 FG
DeJuan Blair - 9 points, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 3/5 FG
Richard Jefferson - 9 points, 12 rebounds, 1 assist, 4/9 FG

Image28 25 23 30 106
Image22 16 31 30 99
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Axel The Great on Fri May 27, 2011 11:54 am

Stress Fracture wrote:Oh, about my dynasty, well I don't want to Thierry it so I'll still continue it. I'm a month older than you. :razz:

I didn't notice that the season's about to end. Well, good luck! (Y)

Fair enough, looking forward to it. :) Still don't agree with the trade you made though.
George7 wrote:Hey, Happy Brithday Axel.!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Seems you're some months older than me(turning 17 in September)...

Butler - Connecticut match-up in the final like IRL possible?

Thanks George! I guess I am a few months older than you; I'd always imagined you were older than me. :lol:

UConn-Butler matchup is possible. We'll see what my imagination drives me to do. :P
Valdis wrote:
Axel. wrote:LeBron remains on top of the MVP Candidates with his 27/7/6

He is always on top. Even if he score only 20 ppg and grab 3 rpg..... :shake:
I hope in 2k12 it will be fixed, I don't want to see Rose winning it every time. :lol:

It's unfortunate that 2K always favors certain players. Still, it's not unreasonable for LeBron to win it with those kinds of numbers, especially when he has Bosh to take rebounds from him and D-Wade to take touches away from him in Miami.

Two more weeks to recap, six games left to be played. 60-win season is still plausible, as 4 out of those last 6 games are at home, and the Hornets and Mavs are the toughest matchups. So now that summer's begun for me, updates will be really frequent. (Y)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Bucket on Fri May 27, 2011 3:35 pm

You won Spurs but lost to Sixers? What's wrong with Speights, I never saw his posting big numbers :lol:
MANU 41?
Bucket

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat May 28, 2011 1:36 am

Axel. wrote:What's stupid about it? The fact that I made your team lose or that you had a bad game? Either way, you'll get your chance in the NBA.

Both! :lol: Can't wait for the NBA man. Oh also, happy (late) b-day.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Sat May 28, 2011 5:56 am

Strange week. I mean, the Sixers seem beatable whilst the Spurs are tough to contain. Mareese Speights had a nice outing.

What I notice is that K-Mart has top-consistency in his shooting. He's barely on fire (like .70) but he also seems to be above .500 almost every time. Really good to have such a consistent force on offense.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood