(63-19) First Round Wraps Up [4-0]

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: (58-24) Conference Semis Results [4-1]

Postby KidJustin on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:30 am

go boston :mrgreen: (Y)
KidJustin

Postby Justine. on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:41 am

Oh my Miami.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:19 am

Key 3rd for you, Axel (Y) And it was obvious the Heat would win!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:34 am

Suck it, Melo.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Cruzerr on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:47 am

Or ELSE, you will lose. Plain and simple. Also, I will never follow this again. :d
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Lol, it was obvious from the start that the Knicks couldn't keep the Heat at bay. That's why I wasn't counting the Heat out just yet, and to everyone's disappointment, they advance. Last hopes are the Celtics to keep them away from the Finals, we'll see how that goes. :)

In the meantime, the review of the second round is next, and then the preview of the WCF against Dallas.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Mavs4Life on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:56 pm

karlsanada10 wrote:Dallas sucks unless you don't contain Dirk

Don't listen to this you have more problems. Kidd's Cheese from 3, Terry too.

How the -------------------------------------------------------------- did the Heat win ?!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mavs4Life

(58-24) Conference Semis Review [4-1]

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:42 pm

2011 NBA Playoffs Review: Second Round

Eastern Conference Playoffs

(1) Boston Celtics [59-23] vs. (4) Orlando Magic [47-35]
Outcome: Celtics in 5
Well how do you stop Dwight Howard? You don't. You cut his production by going at him for his only defensive weakness: staying out of foul trouble. That's what the Boston Celtics did most of the series and especially in taking both games in Orlando. The Celtics' defense took its toll on the rest of the Magic players; Gilbert Arenas, Hedo Turkoglu, and co. didn't shoot the ball very well. Meanwhile, the Celtics had some great games from Ray Allen and Paul Pierce while Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo took a backseat. Despite not having a legitimate center, the Celtics are back to the Eastern Conference Finals.

(2) Miami Heat [55-27] vs. (6) New York Knicks [46-36]
Outcome: Heat in 7
Once again, the Miami Heat come back from behind to take another series in seven games. This time, they came back down 1-3 and struck the Knicks by surprise to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals. Chris Bosh got into rhythm late in the series while both LeBron James and Dwyane Wade had periods of slumps, but got their act together to close the series. After a 104-74 beatdown, the Knicks' spirits were crushed as Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire did not play at their best anymore. Chauncey Billups remained the consistent player for New York, but his efforts were not enough to be able to close out the star-studded Miami Heat.

Western Conference Playoffs

(1) Houston Rockets [58-24] vs. (5) San Antonio Spurs [50-32]
Outcome: Rockets in 5
This would've easily been a competitive series if not for the absence of Tim Duncan. Despite getting outrebounded in game one, the Rockets bounced back and dominated the Spurs on the boards for the next four games, and had their way inside the paint without Duncan's interior presence to bother them. Manu Ginobili had his moments of high scoring games, but as the series went on, the Rockets were figuring him out, eventually shutting him down in game five. Tony Parker, George Hill, and Richard Jefferson were rendered useless by Houston's perimeter defense, and Kevin Martin continued to have his way offensively. Now, Houston has a chance to make a big push for the elusive championship.

(2) Oklahoma City Thunder [54-28] vs. (3) Dallas Mavericks [50-32]
Outcome: Mavericks in 6
Despite Dirk Nowitzki getting taken off his rhythm near the end of the series, Caron Butler stepped up big to make up for the loss of production, scoring 36 in game six to finish off the Thunder. Kevin Durant remained dominant, giving his usual 30-point games and picking up a few boards, assists, steals, and blocks. Russell Westbrook had to work for his shots being defended by Jason Kidd, and the Thunder's role players just couldn't step up to really make a momentum-swinging impact to make the series more competitive. Dallas has been known as a team who has choked out of the playoffs, could this finally be the year they wash away all those bad memories?
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: (58-24) Conference Semis Review [4-1]

Postby rise on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:01 pm

Holy moly. What a comeback for the Heat!

Have fun against Dallas. From my two-game experience with the 2k11 Mavs, Terry loves the three ball. A lot.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Larvae on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Dallas vs Houston :cool:
How in the world did the Heat win? :lol:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby Bucket on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:02 pm

HOW KNICKS LOST? :turrible:
Bucket

Postby Cruzerr on Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Your all missing the main point. The rockets are going to kill them in the finals.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby karlsanada10 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:12 pm

NBA 2k11 is rigged! LeBron keeps getting MVP award since 2k9. Bullcrap!
karlsanada10

(58-24) Conference Finals Preview

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:35 am

2011 NBA Playoffs: Conference Finals Preview

Eastern Conference Finals

(1) Boston Celtics [59-23] vs. (2) Miami Heat [55-27]
When the season began, this was the matchup that many were expecting in the East. Last year's runner up the Boston Celtics against the star-studded Miami Heat. Boston is looking to make back-to-back trips to the NBA Finals, while the Heat want to prove their dominance by eliminating the Beast of the East. A series that can go either way, the Heat have the firepower and athleticism to take this series. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are perennial triple-double threats, coming close to notching them on many an occasion this postseason. Meanwhile, the Boston Celtics have the advantage at the point guard slot; Rajon Rondo will definitely play a key role in the outcome of the series. Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett have played well enough in the playoffs to make it this far, but who knows how much they have left in the tank. Twice the Heat have had to go to seven games, series that were too close for comfort. It is definitely tough to decide the winner of this series, but the nod goes to Boston.

Prediction: Celtics in 7.

Western Conference Finals

(1) Houston Rockets [58-24] vs. (3) Dallas Mavericks [50-32]
The Houston Rockets have been knocked out of the playoffs by the Mavericks before, and now they find themselves with the perfect opportunity to answer right back. Kevin Martin has played stellar to this point, averaging well over 30 points this postseason. If the Rockets want to go back to the NBA Finals, the supporting players, Luis Scola and Aaron Brooks will have to play better than what they've done so far to be able to do so. For Dallas, Dirk Nowitzki has played out of his mind leading Dallas in scoring and rebounding, but he slowly faded out in the West Semi-Finals against Oklahoma City. Dallas is a team that can bomb away from three-point land, but it will be tougher for them this series considering how well the Rockets can defend the three-point shot. Ultimately, this series will come down to who has the hot hand, as it can really go either way.

Prediction: Rockets in 6.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: (58-24) Conference Finals Preview

Postby Houndy on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:58 am

Dallas in 6, Celtics in 5. Book it
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Rockets in 6, C's in 6. :cool:
× Watching:
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby rise on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Rockets in 7, Miami in 7

Axel, you're too predictable. To shake things up you should get owned by Dallas. :mrgreen:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Bucket on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:49 pm

Both in 6.
Bucket

Postby karlsanada10 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:19 pm

Rockets in 6. Miami in 7 (They just can't lose!!! :cry: )
karlsanada10

Postby Larvae on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

I'd say that the Heat would lose in 5 :P
Larvae
The Other Guy.

(58-24) Coach of the Year

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:13 am

2011 NBA Coach of the Year

Posted by Axel Gomez May 14, 2011 at 7:23 PM
Finally something worth writing about. The media has just released a pleasing announcement that the head coach of the Houston Rockets Rick Adelman has been named this year's best coach. An award that I think has been denied to Adelman for a very long time, it's pleasing to see such a great coach like him get some attention, especially for what he has done in Houston.

"Rick (Adelman) suffered through the bad times with us last season. He didn't complain, he just did his job and handed the franchise another winning season. I feel that this award is an excellent reward for the effort he put in not just last season, but in his time here in Houston," Rockets GM Daryl Morey commented.

Many would argue that it was mostly Kevin Martin's breakout season that led to the jump from 43-39 to 58-24, but you have to give Adelman some credit. His system fits perfectly to that of Martin's skill set, and really found a way to get everyone involved in the offense. Four Rockets averaged double figures in points this season. Adelman has always been known as an offensive-minded coach, but he did preach some defense to the team. The Rockets allowed 98.1 points per game this season. They beat opponents by an average of 8.5 points, which is a huge margin that placed second in the league behind the Boston Celtics. Not also that, but the Rockets have also been recognized as a good halfcourt defensive team, holding teams to low shooting percentages more often than not. Adelman's schemes on offense and defense have been a key factor to Houston's success, and that's one of the reasons why they are in the Conference Finals.

Speaking of schemes, Chicago Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau was a major factor in the Bulls' 50-win season. His defensive system helped the Bulls win basketball games, as he came in a close second for the award. Chicago allowed the fewest points per game this season, at 92.9, and went 51-31, but bombed out of the playoffs early. With some improvements to the roster, Chicago could be a dangerous team for years to come with Thibodeau in the driver's seat.

Also, the Los Angeles Clippers have always been the laughing stock of the NBA, due to their inability to collect winning seasons. Well this season, they went 43-39, collecting a winning season, and you have to think that the one coaching that cursed Clippers team has to receive some credit. Vinny Del Negro was also a top candidate for this award, as despite injuries to top scorer Eric Gordon, he kept the team intact and still helped them win basketball games and finally make the playoffs. They may have been dismantled at the hands of the Houston Rockets, but there's a bright future ahead for the second-tier Los Angeles team if the right moves are made.

Doc Rivers led the Boston Celtics to the best record in the NBA, and that feat is a surefire way to get into the candidates list. Coaching a group of seasoned veterans, Rivers has contributed to Boston's deep playoff run so far, looking to win at least one more championship before their core (Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen) retires. Some even considered Erick Spoelstra for the award, seeing as how he was able to maintain and coach the egos of stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh. "Not much coaching needs to be done in Miami. You just have to sit back and enjoy the highlight reel that the big trio put together night in and night out," Kevin Martin commented on that subject.

And finally, Don Nelson made a surprising return to the league this season, to coach the lowly Minnesota Timberwolves. With him on the bench, Minnesota's record improved from 15-67, to 33-49. He helped lead Minnesota to a seven-game win streak; their longest in a while. He came in during mid-season after Kurt Rambis was fired and despite not knowing very many of the players, made his system work wonders to leave the small bunch of fans in Minnesota something to look forward to next season.

To sum it all up, Rick Adelman has finally been rewarded for his hard work in Houston. The Coach of the Year award was something that was long overdue for him. With an award on his resume, he may also look to add a championship while he's at it.

2011 NBA Coach of the Year Candidates:

Comments: (7)
Posted by The REAL K-Mart (Kenyon sucks!) May 14, 2011 at 8:00 PM
Well deserved award. The shit he's had to put up with in Houston (injuries) was pretty tough last season, good to see him and the franchise finally back in full swing. (Y)

Posted by PoohdiniRose May 14, 2011 at 8:13 PM
I feel as if Thibodeau should've won. That was an impressive run in just his first season as head coach.

Posted by Kobe #24 4-ever May 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM
boo! (N) you include the shitty coach in don nelson but not a single trace of phil jackson? what kind of shit is dat?

Posted by Ariza's Bricks May 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM
If you recall correctly, Kobe dick-sucker 4-ever, your Lakers and Phil had a FAIL of a regular season and bombed out of the playoffs to a Duncan-less Spurs. That and you think Jackson's worthy of the award?

Posted by Kobe #24 4-ever May 14, 2011 at 8:40 PM
FUCK YOU!!! look where you're stuck at! a shitty whorenets team with chris (overrated) paul! LAKERS ALL DAY!!!11!!! :headbang:

Posted by Ariza's Bricks May 14, 2011 at 8:45 PM
At least Chris Paul passes the ball. Meanwhile back in '09 I had to watch your sex buddy Kobe shoot up some airballs, which are even worse than my bricks.

Posted by MillerLite May 14, 2011 at 8:52 PM
BURN! I would love to see that Kobe fan boy come back here and troll once again. You should just gtfo because your posts don't help anyone at all.

On topic, Adelman's awesome. He was robbed of a title back in '02, hopefully he gets what he so rightfully deserves this season. :)

Sorry for the long bunch of comments, please pay more attention to the article. I have way too much fun thinking these up. :lol:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:17 am

Houndy wrote:Dallas in 6, Celtics in 5. Book it

Rockets beat Dallas, Dirk gets injured and chokes. Book it. Maybe not the Dirk getting injured part.
Thierry • wrote:Rockets in 6, C's in 6. :cool:

Valdis wrote:Both in 6.

Fair enough. (Y)
z02 wrote:Rockets in 7, Miami in 7

Axel, you're too predictable. To shake things up you should get owned by Dallas. :mrgreen:

How am I predictable?
karlsanada10 wrote:Rockets in 6. Miami in 7 (They just can't lose!!! :cry: )

You never know, Celtics are a good team here. :P
Larvae wrote:I'd say that the Heat would lose in 5 :P

I'm sure everyone would like to see that.

Games one and two will be up soon. Still haven't played game one, but may start today hopefully.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: (58-24) Coach of the Year

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:22 am

I gotta agree with Kobe. What the heck is Don Nelson there? :?
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby KidJustin on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:15 am

VDN was in the discussion (Y)

too bad the Clips didn't get out of the 1st round VDN would have got more rep...they had a good chance ( :roll: ).....it all that thug lowry's fault....
KidJustin

Postby George7 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:29 am

Damn, Thibbs was so close, he should have won it!

Even if I wanted to stay away from the comments a and focus only on the article, I just can't do it! They're f**king hilarious!!!
George7

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood