(63-19) First Round Wraps Up [4-0]

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Chapter 23 - Semi Atrocity

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:56 am

And only one person commented on the article.
karlsanada10

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Yep. Which is why I'm not too keen to make frequent updates, this section is not as active as it used to be. But oh well, I get some enjoyment with the write-ups and that's really what counts. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby KidJustin on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:06 pm

i feel ya
KidJustin

Postby rise on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:58 am

That's part of the reason I haven't updated in a while either, but I've had other stuff to do. For example: writing a four-page essay by tomorrow. Starting now. :lol:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby hova- on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:37 pm

This story isn't getting enough attention from me recently. Great to see you at page 30. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Cruzerr on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Been reading, haven`t been commenting. Sorry mate, will try to comment a bit more :)
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:14 am

Good read man, I've also been a little quiet this past week. I love the feud with Morey :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Down to the Wires [13-4]

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:54 am

[12-3] Houston Rockets 103-102 Denver Nuggets [14-2]

Image Image
K-Mart posterizes Denver's bigs. | Lowry found his teammates all night for a career high 14 assists.
Image Image
Ty Lawson knocks down a three to bring Denver within one. | Nene receives an overhead pass for an easy dunk.

Houston began the game on a terrifying tear, going 20-4 in the first eight minutes. Denver had no answer for Houston's ball movement, as the Rockets had 38 total assists as a team. It was Kyle Lowry leading the way. He had nine assists by halftime, but unfortunately, he was 0/8 at the time as well.

"When you're hurting your team one way, you gotta find a way to help it. My bad shooting was unnecessary; I shouldn't have put up half the shots I took, but my teammates can forgive me for making scoring easier for them tonight," Lowry said. He notched a double-double of 10 points and 14 assists, the latter stat total becoming a career high for him.

Leading by 16 points, the Rockets' lead began to evaporate, thanks to three three-pointers scored by the Nuggets in the last four minutes of the opening period. They went on a 10-1 run, closing out the quarter well by erasing Houston's lead to just five.

The second and third quarters included a more balanced affair between both teams, with Houston getting an eight-point edge heading into the fourth quarter. Kevin Martin led the way with a game high 31 points, accompanied by six assists and four boards. Martin, and Luis Scola, were the only ones in double figures after the third quarter, and it was just a testament to the effort Martin had to put in scoring tonight.

Denver came charging through as the fourth quarter went on, with Ty Lawson scoring 14 of his 16 points in the final period. Lawson would become key to Denver catching up and nearly tying the game in the dying minutes. Denver's bench scored 39 points, and Lawson and Danilo Gallinari led the way. Gallo scored 15 points, but Denver's top scorer was Arron Afflalo with 18 points.

"It really pays to have a balanced team effort. In the fourth, it was a smart idea to leave Lawson in, as he had the hot hand. He just couldn't convert on the most important shot of the game," Nuggets head coach George Karl said. Lawson scored two consecutive three-pointers after two costly Rocket turnovers in the last 30 seconds of the game. Lowry, who chased after a deflected ball, got a backcourt violation, and with seven seconds left, Denver had a chance to go for the win with the score 103-102.

They gave the ball to Lawson, who attempted to dribble into the paint, but was cut off by Lowry. With a little time left, Lawson found himself one-on-one against Yao Ming. He attempted a desperation fadeaway at the buzzer but fell short as Denver fall to Houston by the slimmest of margins.

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 31 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 11/19 FG, 2/5 3P, 7/8 FT
Luis Scola - 16 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 8/12 FG
Yao Ming - 10 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 5/11 FG
Kyle Lowry - 10 points, 14 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal, 3/13 FG, 3/4 FT
Aaron Brooks - 9 points, 7 assists, 2 rebounds, 3/8 FG
Patrick Patterson - 8 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 block, 4/7 FG

Nuggets:
Arron Afflalo - 18 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 7/11 FG, 2/3 3P
Ty Lawson - 16 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 4/7 FG, 2/3 3P
Danilo Gallinari - 15 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 6/13 FG
Nene - 14 points, 9 rebounds, 1 assists, 1 steal, 6/13 FG
Wilson Chandler - 13 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 4/11 FG, 5/5 FT

Image25 29 25 24 103
Image20 28 23 31 102

[13-3] Houston Rockets 97-98 Dallas Mavericks [11-5]

Image Image
Kevin Martin played like he had a score to settle. | Houston's bench outscored Dallas's bench, 25-12.
Image Image
Dirk Nowitzki still playing at a championship level. | Jason Terry top scored for Dallas.

It wasn't the best of starts for Dallas as they failed to convert on eight of their first 10 field goal attempts, which allowed the Rockets to gain an edge right from the word 'go'. Kyle Lowry scored 10 points in the first quarter, and would go on to finish with 16 for the game. Helping him was Kevin Martin who was the top scorer for the game with nine first quarter points, 28 for the game.

Houston's lead grew to as many as 11 in the second quarter, and that's when Dallas began to fight back. Dallas was able to chip the lead down to four in a span of a few minutes, but were down seven going into the half. Jason Terry was doing well scoring 16 points in the first half, also dishing out six assists. Terry finished the game with 26 points, nine assists and five boards.

Dallas began the third quarter on a 6-0 run, as they slowly began to claw their way back into it. Midway through the third Nowitzki scored a fadeaway jumper to tie it at 68 apiece. Caron Butler had it going as he scored 12 of his 23 in the third period, going 5/5 from the field. The second half was all Dallas as they shot 50% from the field, while the Rockets's offense fell apart shooting an abysmal 39%.

A layup from Terry gave Dallas their first lead at 90-89, and from then on, both teams traded buckets. The Mavericks would eventually gain an edge as they defeated their Western Conference Finals rivals from last season by the slimmest of margins, 98-97.

Dallas shot 48% in field goals for the game while the Rockets were 44%. As Yao Ming put it, "That was a huge offensive collapse. That's exactly how we lost in the Conference Finals last year. It's something that we desperately need to work on." This game is sure to bring bad memories of the epic WCF from last year.

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 28 points, 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block, 10/17 FG
Kyle Lowry - 16 points, 7 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 steal, 5/12 FG
Yao Ming - 12 points, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 blocks, 5/12 FG
Luis Scola - 12 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals, 5/12 FG
Courtney Lee - 10 points, 1 rebound, 3/7 FG

Mavericks:
Jason Terry - 26 points, 9 assists, 5 rebounds, 4 steals, 10/23 FG, 2/5 3P, 4/4 FT
Dirk Nowitzki - 23 points, 15 rebounds, 1 steal, 11/22 FG
Caron Butler - 23 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 9/13 FG, 5/5 FT
Rodrigue Beaubois - 12 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds, 1 steal, 5/15 FG

Image29 25 20 23 97
Image20 27 23 28 98
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Down to the Wires [13-4]

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:55 am

Those are exciting games.:D They both killed you in 4th qtr though.
karlsanada10

Postby Martti. on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:57 am

Yao has been relatively quiet. I remember the good old Live 06 days when I averaged 45ppg with him with ease.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:25 pm

I'm with Martti - Yao has been struggling lately. Shame you fell to the Mavs in the fourth.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:45 pm

I think he just wants to be realistic? But meh, Yao still in NBA, realistic? I don't think so. And in NBA live, it's so easy to score, unlike in NBA 2k11.
karlsanada10

Postby Cruzerr on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:37 pm

Mavs have always been a pain in the ass. This is the only association with Yao, stick with it ! :)
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Mandich on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Nice associaton Alex (Y)
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:11 am

Terry, Dirk, and Caron had 20+ points each? Whoa. :shock:

You should utilize Patterson more often. :wink:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:30 am

karlsanada10 wrote:Those are exciting games.:D They both killed you in 4th qtr though.

We had a meltdown in the fourth. At least we were able to sneak away with one win.
Martti. wrote:Yao has been relatively quiet. I remember the good old Live 06 days when I averaged 45ppg with him with ease.

I have no idea why he's been so quiet. Must've been the fact that I didn't go to him a lot and that he had to shoot tough shots. Hopefully his scoring goes up with the next few games.
Thierry • wrote:I'm with Martti - Yao has been struggling lately. Shame you fell to the Mavs in the fourth.

The whole game was a comeback journey for them. We'll get them next time. :)
karlsanada10 wrote:I think he just wants to be realistic? But meh, Yao still in NBA, realistic? I don't think so. And in NBA live, it's so easy to score, unlike in NBA 2k11.

It's not really trying to be realistic, it's really just that he's going through a slump which happens to everyone in not just basketball, but sports in general.
Cruzerr wrote:Mavs have always been a pain in the ass. This is the only association with Yao, stick with it ! :)

Yeah, it's hard to defend Dirk, with him making fadeaways even with his shot fully contested. :| I like still having Yao, makes it much different from reality and gives more of a possibility for him to win a championship.
mandich wrote:Nice associaton Alex (Y)

Thanks, but not funny.
Stress Fracture wrote:Terry, Dirk, and Caron had 20+ points each? Whoa. :shock:

You should utilize Patterson more often. :wink:

I give Patterson about 15+ minutes a game. He can be a beast some games, like we saw against Denver. He just couldn't do it against Dallas. (N)

Updates will hopefully speed up this coming week. On Thanksgiving break, I have no homework to get done. Only things on my to-do list is work and applying for colleges/scholarships so that does give me decent time to play a game or two a day. Upcoming updates include November report, first round of the NLSC Tournament, and hopefully a couple more weeks' worth of recaps. May even throw in a chapter if I'm lucky. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby hova- on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:13 am

Dirk and the Jet hurt you. Great games by K-Mart as always, but not enough output from Yao, as the others have said before.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mavs4Life on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:47 am

Cruzerr wrote:Mavs have always been awesome. This is the only association with Yao, stick with it ! :)

No need to thank me. :lol:
Mavs4Life

Postby karlsanada10 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:28 am

I'm excited on the tournament. Bwahahahahahaha!
karlsanada10

Postby Lamrock on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Tough loss to the Mavs, but you're doing great.
Lamrock

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:27 am

hova-, I think the minutes are wearing Yao down seeing as how his durability and stamina ratings are super low. He's scoring more this season than last, but at a slightly lower percentage, which is still good. :)

karlsanada10, hopefully I can start that within the next few days.

Lamrock, thanks. The thing that has to be fixed is the last second performances. That Mavs game could have been ours for sure had we kept our composure. :|

Well as you can see, the entire Thanksgiving week passed and I didn't post a single update. Why? Because my computer contracted a virus and so my dad took it somewhere to get it fixed and according to those people, the only way to get rid of the virus was to delete EVERYTHING. I lost all my programs I use for my updates, including photoshop, so I had to take the entire week to get everything back. Luckily, I was halfway done with the next update, so hopefully I can get it up later today.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

November Recap [13-4]

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:33 am

The season has started somewhat lopsided compared to last year; last year's top teams like the Boston Celtics, the Orlando Magic, the San Antonio Spurs, and the Los Angeles Lakers (among a few) are struggling to maintain themselves in the playoff picture. Meanwhile last season's bottom feeders like the Sacramento Kings, the Detroit Pistons, the Philadephia 76ers, and the Golden State Warriors are on the right path to getting back to the playoffs. So far, the Western Conference has proven itself the superior conference once again as teams barely below .500 are about a game or two behind from the playoff picture, while the Eastern Conference playoff picture has teams below the .500 mark.

The New York Knicks have had an excellent start to the season going 15-3 for the first month of the NBA season, good for best record in the league. Ironically enough, right on their heels is the Denver Nuggets at 14-4. The Nuggets traded their star Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks last year, and despite not having their star player this year, are atop the Western Conference.

On the subject of the Houston Rockets, they have had a really strong start to the season, and similar to last year, are 13-4 after the first month. The non-surprising offensive performances of Kevin Martin have been a major factor in their stellar record, as he is second in the league in scoring at 29.5 points per game. In looking for reasons for becoming an All-Star, he adds 5.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists to his per game statline, and he also leads the Rockets in steals at 1.5 a game. He still maintains his excellent shooting numbers from last year shooting over 50% from the field and 40% from beyond the arc. With All-Star voting about to begin, Martin has a really strong case to make his first All-Star appearance.

Behind Martin are the trio of Luis Scola, Kyle Lowry, and Yao Ming. All have been excellent secondary scoring options throughout November, helping Martin to carry the scoring load but also getting involved in either rebounding or on defense. Scola leads the team in rebounds at 9.2 a game, while Lowry leads the team in assists at 7.3. Yao continues his stellar shooting from last season as his field goal percentage stands at 58.4% and his free throw percentage is at 90%. If Houston can keep up the excellent offensive play, they are on course for another 50-win, maybe even a 60-win season.

November's Hot Headlines
Suns' Nash Possibly On the Outs
With the Phoenix Suns' struggles in the first month of the season, there are rumors flying that Steve Nash may eventually become impatient and demand a trade. Phoenix has started 3-14 after finishing 36-46 last year, and with Nash in the last few years of his career, the pressure of collecting a championship amounts higher and higher the longer he stays in a rebuilding franchise.

Read more...

Knight, A Likely Rookie of the Year Candidate
Toronto Raptors' Brandon Knight has been awarded the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month award averaging 15.4 points, 5.8 rebounds, and 3.4 assists so far for the otherwise woeful Raptors who sit bottom of the league at 2-16. Many thought the Raptors would improve slightly with a go-to-guy point guard in the Kentucky product, but they are worse off than they were last year.

"They just need time to get it together. The fans are still behind them. (Brandon) Knight is what's keeping the attendance at a decent level, and with his improvement, the franchise will be taken to the next level, which is the playoffs," Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo says.

Read more...

Do The Rockets Have What it Takes?
Starting the season in a similar way as last season, many are starting to believe the Rockets have reached their peak. Similar to the Rockets of the 90's, they can take their chance at the championship while the most successful franchises of the past are not as relevant anymore. Opportunistic is the word to use, and this year is a huge opportunity for the team mixed with young and veteran talent.

"They can only go as far as Kevin (Martin) will take 'em," TNT analyst Kevin McHale says. "They have something this year that they didn't have last year: hunger, and thirst for revenge," McHale's co-analyst Chris Webber responded.

To start the week off, Houston was put up against what will be their fiercest rivals in the West this season. They were some close games, which could make for interesting playoffs series if they are to meet there this year.

"We think it has been a fairly decent start to our season. With Martin developing into the franchise player and a motivated and experienced team, a Finals appearance is definitely feasible this year," Rockets temporary GM Axel Gomez had to say on the subject.

Read more...

Dynasty Franchises a Thing of the Past?
Overall, it has been a down year for the three of the most historic franchises in the NBA. Boston, who had the best record in the league last year but was eliminated in the Eastern Conference Finals, is just 8-12. San Antonio, eliminated in the second round of the playoffs but had a 50-win season last year, is 8-10. The Los Angeles Lakers, who had a somewhat sub-par year last year, is struggling to keep a playoff berth and just at .500, 9-9.

"You see veteran teams start slow but pick up their pace and rhythm as the season progresses," Lakers head coach Phil Jackson commented.

"Not every team is perfect. Veteran teams know when to turn it up, and come playoff time, everyone forgets we ever struggled," Celtics star Paul Pierce said.

It will be interesting to see when these teams finally decide to turn it up. The timing will need to be just right, before teams like the Denver Nuggets and the Houston Rockets leave them in the dust.

Read more...

Knicks Finally Back in the Basketball Spotlight
The New York Knicks have started the season 15-3, arguably their best start in the past 20 or so years. Led by Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, their highly potent offense has been able to rack up the wins with ease this year, as they sit atop the Eastern Conference.

"Never in all my life would I have thought my Knicks would be a successful franchise under James Dolan. I hope the Knicks stay successful the next few years, but I hope we give the boot to Dolan sometime soon," a loyal Knicks fan says.

Read more...

Players of the Month

PlayerConferenceStatistics
LeBron James (MIA)East Player28.2 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 6.1 apg, 1.4 spg, 1.7 bpg, 50.9% FG, 38.5% 3P, 78.9% FT
Kevin Durant (OKC)West Player31.6 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 2.4 apg, 2.6 spg, 1.6 bpg, 52.4% FG, 39.2% 3P, 89.4% FT
Brandon Knight (TOR)East Rookie15.4 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.4 apg, 1.1 spg, 45.9% FG, 83.1% FT
Xavier Nelson (LAL)West Rookie14.6 ppg, 6.3 apg, 2.3 rpg, 2.2 spg, 33.2 %FG, 86.9% FT

Players of the Week

WeekEast PlayerWest Player
October 26-29Rodney Stuckey (DET)Chris Paul (NOH)
October 30-November 5Deron Williams (NJN)Chris Paul (NOH)
November 6-12LeBron James (MIA)Kevin Durant (OKC)
November 13-19LeBron James (MIA)Kevin Durant (OKC)
November 20-26LeBron James (MIA)Kevin Martin (HOU)

NLSCer Stats

Xavier Nelson (LAL)
19 GP | 19 GS | 14.6 PPG | 6.4 APG | 2.3 RPG | 2.1 SPG | 33.2% FG | 86.9% FT | 32.3 MPG

Justine Jones (CHA)
18 GP | 18 GS | 14.5 PPG | 5.8 RPG | 2.9 APG | 41.9% FG | 70.1% FT | 28.9 MPG

Thierry Tirieux (MEM)
19 GP | 0 GS | 12.8 PPG | 4.5 APG | 2.5 RPG | 43.7% FG | 74.6% FT | 24.4 MPG

Zee Otoo (WAS)
10 GP | 10 GS | 3.7 PPG | 1.4 RPG | 41.9% FG | 40.0% 3P | 63.6% FT | 8.7 MPG

George Koukoulis (MIL)
20 GP | 0 GS | 3.7 PPG | 1.7 RPG | 1.5 APG | 30.4% FG | 81.5% FT | 8.6 MPG

Liam Washburn (POR)
21 GP | 0 GS | 2.3 PPG | 0.8 RPG | 0.8 APG | 32.4% FG | 85.2% FT | 4.7 MPG

Willie Lewis (UTA)
18 GP | 0 GS | 2.3 PPG | 1.6 RPG | 0.8 APG | 45.5% FG | 33.3% 3P | 81.8% FT | 4.8 MPG

Valdis Iesalnieks (SAS)
20 GP | 20 GS | 1.2 PPG | 2.0 RPG | 0.7 BPG | 36% FG | 40.0% FT | 7.4 MPG

ImageImage

ImageImage

Team Stats
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: November Recap [13-4]

Postby Lamrock on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:10 am

Holy fuck dude. Pulling out all the stops for the monthly recap! :applaud: Looks great.
Lamrock

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:34 am

Axel. wrote:my computer contracted a virus

Let that be a lesson learned from surfing for porn. :shake:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Re: November Recap [13-4]

Postby karlsanada10 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:21 am

Wheoooow! Long recap ftw.:)) 30pts for K-Mart.:D Keep it up.:D