(63-19) First Round Wraps Up [4-0]

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Clutch Driving in San Antonio [5-0]

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:10 am

shadowgrin wrote:What the, I thought this was an Association story by forum member Clutch only to see it's by Axel.! I rage at this thread's misleading title!

Oh, sorry for the confusion. :| I guess the title is more of a pun, referring to Kevin Martin's clutch baseline drive in the last minute of play. But Clutch hasn't logged on to the forum in a long time, so I don't see how you would think that this story was by him. He is however, the creator of the wonderful sig (all credits to him!) I'm using. Anyways, I hope this isn't the last post you'll make on this thread. :wink:
Radioman wrote:Looking forward to this one, i like the recent Rockets team. :applaud:

Thanks for your submission. The prediction game is for those who have an NLSC Draftee. You can send me your info via PM, copy and paste this code. With the points earned in the prediction game, you'll be able to upgrade your player's attributes, improving your draft stock.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:19 am

If you become more creative with your thread titles to get reader interest, possibly.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby The X on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:32 am

Axel. wrote:The X, you may have missed it earlier in the page, but I said that my uploaded screenshots end up looking like this. Do you happen to know what the problem is? I've tried posting on the 2K forum to ask what the problem is, but for some reason I can't post. :? Anyways, I'm OK with the current pics, they're pretty decent looking. :)

I've had one end up half like that one time. Maybe it's your internet connection, maybe it's your username. Try just uploading the one pic now that 2k servers are working again & see how it comes out. Given that you can't post in 2k forums, sounds like it's your username. You may just want to set up a new one & link that one to your gamertag/PSN & try from there. If you do that, I'd unlink your current 2k username. Good luck (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:55 am

shadowgrin, no problem. I wonder what Mr. O'Greene thinks of taking his talents to the NBA in this universe in which the Rockets can actually play defense?

The X, I started a new account, uploaded pressbook pics, and all of them still end up looking like this. :( I can post on the 2K forums now too, so I may end up asking what the problem is over there. I don't think it's my connection either because I was always able to upload NBA Live 10 screens for my dynasty story. May just be a 2K server problem. (N) I appreciate the advice, though. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:54 am

Despite his numerous brushes with the law, Mr. O'Greene honors his playing contract for whichever team he plays for.

I only enter my player one association story at a time. Since Lamrock's Craptors is currently inactive (and O'Greene winning a ring! Finally!), O'Greene can move on to a different story. He's currently in Sit's ALIBIII. If Sit decides to kill of O'Greene there :lol: , then yeah maybe I can put him in another one of you guys' stories
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Taking Out The Garbage [8-0]

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:37 am

[5-0] Houston Rockets 107-87 Minnesota Timberwolves [1-5]

ImageImage
The Wolves lost! Shocking! | One advantage the Wolves did have was rebounds, they had 57 as a team.

This game was a rebound fest to the Wolves, nothing else. They had 57 rebounds compared to the Rockets' 42, and that's because the Rockets played this game in an up tempo style, leading to more shots, and more misses for them. The Wolves did have the lead for brief periods in the first half, but in the second half, the Rockets came out and anhilated them. The Rockets will now start a three-game road trip, and this easy win is a nice momentum builder to prepare for it.

Player of the Game-
Kevin Martin
22 points | 3 assists | 2 rebounds | 3 blocks | 3 steals
(too many 2's and 3's if you ask me)

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kyle Lowry - 16 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
Aaron Brooks - 14 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block
Yao Ming - 14 points, 7 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 6/8 FG

Timberwolves:
Wesley Johnson - 26 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
Kevin Love - 16 points, 22 rebounds, 1 assist
Michael Beasley - 12 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block

Image22 35 25 25 107
Image18 29 14 26 87

[6-0] Houston Rockets 100-88 Washington Wizards [1-4]

ImageImage
Ra$hard Lewis played as big as his $contract$ this game. | The Rockets' froncourt owned the Wizard's frontcourt through foul trouble.

If it wasn't for the foul trouble of Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee, the Rockets would not have been able to cruise in this game. Off the bench came Trevor Booker to the rescue, providing 13 points. Despite the foul trouble, the Wizards were able to keep up with the Rockets; they tied the game at halftime, thanks to Rashard Lewis, who shot 13/28 from the field, and 4/13 from the third dimension, good for a game high 30 points. Now, about John Wall, he had a bad game, only two points on 1/7 shooting. He still has a lot to prove in this league.

In the third quarter, the Rockets took complete control of the game, and the lead eventually ballooned to 18. The Wizards were able to cut down on the lead during garbage time, but like the T-Wolves game, the Rockets were just too much.

Player of the Game-
Kevin Martin
22 points | 4 rebounds | 1 assist

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Luis Scola - 16 points, 10 rebounds, 2 steals
Chase Budinger - 12 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 5/7 FG, 2/3 3P
Aaron Brooks - 8 points, 6 rebounds, 9 assists, 2/7 FG

Wizards:
Rashard Lewis - 30 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 13/28 FG, 4/13 3P
Trevor Booker - 13 points, 6 rebounds
Andray Blatche - 10 points, 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block, 5 fouls

Image32 20 27 21 100
Image29 23 16 20 88

[7-0] Houston Rockets 98-88 Indiana Pacers [2-4]

ImageImage
Superstars continue to have excellent nights on us | Kevin Martin continues to be unstoppable!

Other than Danny Granger and TJ Ford, no other Pacer showed up against the Rockets. With Darren Collison injured, the Pacers looked to TJ Ford to run the offense, and he did it the right way. Both he and Granger combined for 60 of the Pacers' 88 points, and they also both had double-doubles.

The Rockets had complete control in the first half, but in the third quarter, the Pacers came out and made a big run. The Rockets were leading by eight going into the fourth quarter. Thanks to the Rockets' backcourt of Kevin Martin and Aaron Brooks, they were able to take care of business in the fourth, coming away with the W, their eighth in a row.

Both teams had 15 turnovers each in this game, with the Pacers having 12 steals and the Rockets 10. "This was a sloppy game. The defenses were more prepared than the offenses. Still, it doesn't matter how sloppy a game is, what matters is the win," Yao Ming said after the game. He's been able to play in six of the eight games that the Rockets have played this season. The only two games he missed being back-to-backs.

"I don't think anyone expected us to start this well, we've faced three contenders so far, and held our own against them. I have high hopes this season, hopefully this streak can continue for us," head coach Rick Adelman said in the post-game press conference.

Player of the Game-
17 points | 9 assists | 7 rebounds

Key Performers:
Rockets:
Kevin Martin - 22 points, 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
Courtney Lee - 16 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal

Pacers:
Danny Granger - 34 points, 17 rebounds, 3 steals, 1 block
TJ Ford - 26 points, 2 rebounds, 12 assists, 5 steals, 7 TO

Image26 31 19 22 98
Image16 24 28 20 88

Funny thing happened: Hornets started 0-8, and they fired Monty Williams. The Wolves are on a 10-game losing streak, and they fired Kurt Rambis. The T-Wolves then hire Monty Williams, but Kurt Rambis wasn't hired by the Hornets. Just shows you how smart some teams are.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Taking Out the Garbage [8-0]

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:47 am

Pictures are improving. (Y)

Congrats on the super-hot start. With this and the Hornets' 0-8 start, this is almost the polar opposite to the real NBA season.
Lamrock

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:03 am

Thread title brought me here. It's short but lethal. A bit disappointed that the garbage are the actually the sub par teams, thought you defeated the Heat.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Radioman on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:07 am

Nice performance there!

I think November could be a great month for you.

Sad to hear Collison got injured, he is one of my best players when i start with the Pacers :lol:

Radioman

Postby The X on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:12 am

shadowgrin wrote:Thread title brought me here. It's short but lethal. A bit disappointed that the garbage are the actually the sub par teams, thought you defeated the Heat.

I was just glad to see it wasn't the poor Timberwolves :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Keep it up man, K-Mart seems unstoppable!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Psychedelic™ on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Top Scorer for October/November: Kevin Martin
PPG for that player for the month: 23 PPG
Top Rebounder for October/November: Luis Scola
RPG for that player for the month: 7 RPG
Top Assists Leader for October/November: Aaron Brooks
APG for that player for the month: 9 APG

@ Lakers:
@ Warriors:
vs Nuggets
vs Hornets
@ Spurs
vs T-Wolves
@ Wizards
@ Pacers
@ Knicks W
vs Bulls L
@ Thunder W
@ Raptors W
vs Suns L
vs Warriors W
@ Charlotte W
vs Thunder L
@ Mavericks W

Overall Record for the Month (17 games total): (Last 9 games) 6-3 (Overall) 14-3

West Player of the Month (Nov): Kobe Bryant
West Rookie of the Month (Nov): Blake Griffin
East Player of the Month (Nov): Dwight Howard
East Rookie of the Month (Nov): John Wall
Psychedelic™

Postby George7 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:47 pm

K-Mart for MVP!Your Rockets seem unstoppable man! (Y)
Though I'm waiting for a match-up with a really strong team to make this a strong statement.
George7

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:43 am

Lamrock wrote:Pictures are improving. (Y)

Congrats on the super-hot start. With this and the Hornets' 0-8 start, this is almost the polar opposite to the real NBA season.

Thanks. :) Unfortunately, this is about the exact opposite as the real NBA. :( I'm hoping that turns around in the near future.
shadowgrin wrote:Thread title brought me here. It's short but lethal. A bit disappointed that the garbage are the actually the sub par teams, thought you defeated the Heat.

Lol, lethal. :lol: I don't face the Heat until December 29 of this association's timeline, but in the meantime, we'll see if I can keep the streak going. :)
Radioman wrote:Nice performance there!

I think November could be a great month for you.

Sad to hear Collison got injured, he is one of my best players when i start with the Pacers :lol:

I hope it is. When I first saw the Pacers' starters, I was a bit surprised to see Granger playing the 4, but then I saw that Collison wasn't in the lineup.
The X wrote:

I was just glad to see it wasn't the poor Timberwolves :P

Lol, they did collect garbage. 59 rebounds is a bunch of garbage from the bricks my team produced. :P
Thierry • wrote:Keep it up man, K-Mart seems unstoppable!

The three-ball seems to be his only weakness this season. :|

Psychedelic™, thanks for your submission. :) I think from now on though, I'll take Lamrock's advice and just ask for predictions via PM, starting with December's predictions, so as to not make it seem like if someone's off topic and to not clutter the thread.
George7 wrote:K-Mart for MVP!Your Rockets seem unstoppable man! (Y)
Though I'm waiting for a match-up with a really strong team to make this a strong statement.

We've got the Knicks, Bulls, and Thunder next. Three tough opponents. :|
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Radioman on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:15 pm

Axel. wrote: I was a bit surprised to see Granger playing the 4, but then I saw that Collison wasn't in the lineup.

Be aware Granger can play all Positions :mrgreen:
Radioman

Postby George7 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:03 pm

The next three matches will be indeed really tough.I hope you'll win the Knicks,Thunder and lose to the Bulls :P
George7

Postby Kubik on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 am

Kevin Martin is an all star already. With help form Brooks and Yao championship shouldn't be a problem :D
Kubik

Re: Chapter 1 - Proof or Ban

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:34 am

Radioman, yes, I know. That's definitely versatility. (Y)

George7, I've played ahead, and know the results. You'll find out within the next few days. :wink:

Kubik, I don't know about a championship, but All-Star is definitely possible. :)

Chapter 1. For realism purposes, I'm in my 20's in the story. :wink:
Proof or Ban

"So... what makes you think you can become an assistant general manager of the Houston Rockets, Mr. Gomez?" asked Leslie Alexander, the owner of the Houston Rockets. "You don't exactly strike me as someone who's capable of keeping a big job such as this."

"Well, sir. I've got a master's degree in sports management, and I specialize in scouting young talent," said the nervous Axel.

After so many tries to talk to the Rockets owner, Axel finally succeeded in doing so, but getting the job as assistant general manager of his hometown team would be much harder than what he had to go through to get to talk to Alexander.

He had been living in Houston his whole life, and had recently graduated from the University of Houston in the summer, after about six years there. He had dabbed into basketball way too late in his lifetime to try to go anywhere in the pros, and just couldn't try out for his high school basketball team years back. So, he took another route, and that was to manage a professional team, or try to at least.

"Hmmm.... I don't know. Daryl Morey has done an excellent job assembling this team, without an assistant GM. I like the fact that he's able to get such good talent, for such a good price. If I were to hire you, how exactly would you be able to help this team?" Alexander asked.

"I don't know, sir. Isn't that up to you or Daryl Morey to tell me?" asked Axel impatiently.

"I guess so. But right now, I think the team's fine without an assistant general manager, so..." Alexander was interrupted.

"I also have evidence of David Stern's league rigging!" Axel burst out. "I hate that little cunt, and if I can get just one last piece of information, he's dead."

"Whoa! Calm down there sir. How exactly do you have any evidence?" Alexander asked, intrigued. "There hasn't been any news or suspicion recently of any rigging, so what are you on about?"

"Well, I have the evidence that Game Six of the 2002 Western Conference Finals was indeed rigged and wasn't actually just 'bad officiating'. There's a series of videos on youtube about it, but I also have another piece of evidence that could possibly run David Stern out of the league," Gomez exclaimed, confidently.

"You do know these are bold statements you're saying, right? If I help you out in this, and it turns out to be false, that will ruin my reputation as an owner. If that does happen, you will pay dearly for it, you understand?"

"Yes sir," Axel said. "But on the other hand, I also hate the little fat bastard. If you can show me this evidence you're talking about, I'll see if I can help you, maybe get some friends to do it," Alexander said, thinking very hard.

"Well, the evidence is well hidden in my house, there's just one more piece of evidence that would be necessary to really put the nail in the coffin," Axel said. "Excellent! Bring the evidence here tomorrow morning so you can show me. For now though, you're hired!" Alexander told Axel, smiling.

"Thank you so much sir!" Axel said, a surprised look on his face. "This is a dream come true! You won't regret this sir, I promise! When this team wins a championship, and Stern is out of acti-"

"Yes, yes, you're excused from my office now. My pizza is getting cold," Alexander said, pushing Gomez out of his office. Axel exited Rockets headquarters happy.

Alexander was shocked at what he just did. He hired a young 22-year old with no experience in managing a franchise, all for the sake of putting the NBA commissioner out of business. "It'll all be worth it in the long run. This team will one day need to build through the draft, and he'll surely help big with that. He has the enthusiasm and a master's degree, how bad can he be?" Alexander thought to himself as he opened the box of pizza on his desk.

Gomez got into his car, called a few friends, and headed to a club to celebrate his recent accomplishment. Axel also wondered why an NBA owner would hate the commissioner, but after picking up his friends, he forgot all about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dropping some of his friends off at their houses, Axel made his way back home, after partying at a night club. He startled himself by getting home; he was almost completely wasted. It took him about five minutes to fit his key into the keyhole of his front door. After coming in, he locked the door, and went over to turn on his computer.

He logged on to the NBA Live Series Center, and proceeded to the General Talk section. It took him five minutes or so, but he finally found the "Post Here When You Are Drunk Thread". He posted: "OMG! I AM FKING ASSSTANT GENEARAL MANGER OF THE HOUTON ROCETSSSS!!!!" He then proceeded to changing from his club-smelling clothes to fresh new clothes before going to sleep; it was three o' clock in the morning. He came back to his computer, and continued to browse the forum. He then found someone had replied to his post in the same thread a few minutes later. It was shadowgrin.

"Proof or ban." he replied. Gomez, not wanting to explain anything while drunk, wrote, "NO! FCK TAT SIT!", and submitted his post. He shut down his computer, and went to sleep, looking forward to his first day on the job after a few hours of sleep.
Last edited by Axel The Great on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: Chapter 1 - Proof or Ban [8-0]

Postby Houndy on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:18 am

Hehe, odd start
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:29 am

How does an owner lose his job?
Lamrock

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:00 am

Lamrock wrote:How does an owner lose his job?

Better iron that out quick Axel..
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:38 am

:doh: I didn't think of that. Thanks for catching that Lamrock, that's fixed now.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Mandich on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Hahha good thing you included the forums (Y)
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby George7 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Axel., nice story!A fun read (Y)
George7

Postby Martti. on Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:42 pm

Your first trade shall be for Donte Greene.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood