Hakeem Olajuwon has given the Rockets roster a challenge this season. They must complete them to earn cookies from him, (yum)lol. Below are challenges that I have not just for Yao Ming, but for any player on the roster to complete. Player Challenges:Speedy Stat Master I
- Accumulate 10+ points and 10+ rebounds with Yao Ming in under 24 minutes.Speedy Stat Master II
- Accumulate 20+ points and 10+ rebounds with Yao Ming in under 24 minutes.Chinese Block Party
- Get 5+ blocked shots with Yao Ming in under 24 minutes. The Great Wall of Durability
- Have Yao Ming play over 55 games this season. Magic Yao
- Get a triple-double with Yao Ming. Scoring Master
- Score 30+ points with any player.Scoring Champion
- Win the scoring title with any player.Bench Rescue
- Have a player score 20 points off the bench.Houston, We Have a Problem
- Have a 20-10 game with any player. Better Than Calvin
- Break Calvin Murphy's franchise record of 57 points scored in a game. Dreams Come True
- Surpass Hakeem's career highs with any player(s) in all five main stat categories.(52 points, 25 rebounds, 12 assists, 8 steals, 12 blocks)Free Throw Line Diet
- Have any player average over six free throw attempts per game. Team Challenges:Dream Achieved
- Win the NBA Championship. Play-offs: Play-on!
- Make the NBA Playoffs.50 Dreams
- Achieve a 50-win season Prediction Game:
There will be a prediction game as well. Before each month, I will post the monthly schedule. You as the NLSC Draftee will predict the overall record for the month, which games I'll win or lose, and who will be the top scorer, top rebounder, and top assists leader for the month. If you predict the overall record correct, that's 5 points. Every game predicted correct, that's 1 point each. If you guess the leader for a stat category correct, that's 2 points, and an extra point for predicting the average for the month correct. For the averages, just predict a whole number, 24.5 rounds up to 25, 24.4 rounds down to 24, etc. This is a lot, and can be very confusing, so here's an example:
Overall Record for the Month: 9-6
Top Scorer- Kevin Martin- 24 ppg
Top Rebounder- Luis Scola- 10 rpg
Assists Leader- Aaron Brooks- 7 apg
@ Lakers- L
@ Warriors- W
vs. Nuggets- W
These points that you accumulate you will use for your NLSC Draftee, in order to improve your draft stock. If you'd like to participate and you're still not included on the NLSC Draft List send me your info via PM. Even those in the 2012 Draft Class can participate; which gives you more time to improve your stock. It will be limited though, to be fair to those in the 2011 Draft Class.
As of now, everyone's ratings are edited for them to be early second rounders, but with the points you accumulate, you can move up to as high as a lottery pick. Also, once you're drafted, you're still in the contest, you will use your points to upgrade your ratings as usual, but I will upgrade them as the NBA season goes on. That way, you improve as a player.
Now that that's cleared. Once you submit your prediction, you can't go back and edit it. I will be the points police for this, so don't worry about keeping track of your points. Good luck to all the readers.