Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Another Level (NBA 2K11 My Player)

Postby rise on Mon May 23, 2011 11:53 am

You could keep going and turn into a LeBron-Yao hybrid! :D
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Kenny on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:27 pm

karlsanada10 wrote:You look liike Jesus in this. no joke. And I like it. Inspired me to play 2k11 again.haha. Imma play later.:)

I guess I used to have the Jesus look before I shaved my hair off and got rid of my big beard :P

Valdis wrote:No injuries? (N) ..... :lol: Finally (Y) Good job. Kenny dominates after injury ;)
Billups is gone, and now this is your team (Y)

No injuries is going to be the season a whole lot longer for me too... damn! :lol:
Hopefully I can take over the Nuggets... I won't rest until there's a championship in Denver! Or maybe I will, who knows.

Axel. wrote:
badreligionau wrote:He once again had an outstanding first half, this time being compared to the greatest player in the world

:lol: Nice one.

Better luck this time around. (Y) As much as I like Donte Greene from my first story, again, I don't like what management is doing. This team doesn't need wings when you're healthy. :cool:

Well, NBA 2k11 has me convinced that Joey-Joe-Joe is the greatest player in the world, so that's what I'm going to call him from now on.

I think if anything the team needs more bigs. I like Nene and both Gortat and Speights as solid, but I'd just like to see another 7 footer in there along since Brad Miller is an IR player at the moment.

Thierry • wrote:Nice to see you injury-free for at least a month :lol:

Also great job in getting another couple of triple-doubles and your first career trey.

Thanks Thierry, I'm hoping bigger things are yet to come :)

Houndy wrote:The Management Sucks.

You, rock.

That's the one thing I hate about this mode. I love my dynasty because I have complete control. But with this it's almost like a completely different game, so that's cool in a sense as well.

z02 wrote:You could keep going and turn into a LeBron-Yao hybrid! :D

I'm personally hoping to be a skinny Charles Barkley mixed with a little Dennis Rodman :lol:
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:27 pm

March Part 1

After an injury prone start to his sophomore season, Kenny Young finally looks like he's going to be playing all the games this month.

With the injury to Mareese Speights, Kenny finds himself back on the bench while Bob Alexander and Larry Sanders start.

Being benched doesn't stop him from getting his numbers...

...Or his highlight reel dunks. The Nuggets were blown out by Stephen Jackson and the Bobcats though. Young had a stat-line of 19 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists.

He almost had a triple-double against OKC with 22 points, 12 rebounds and 8 assists, but he was also guarding Kevin Durant. The Thunder won 111-77 and KD had 32 points.

His number one dunk of last season was against the Warriors and once again, he brought a nasty slam to Oakland. This time he picked up a triple-double with 25 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists.

But the Nuggets were unable to get a win once again. A 12 point loss seems to be a close one for them at the moment.

Kenny entertained the away crowd once again with a reverse dunk.

He played a lot of minutes at point guard in this game and had 12 assists at half time.

He ended up with 17. His overall performance? 28 points, 13 rebounds, 17 assists, 1 steal and 1 block. Denver finally win one, with a score of 113-107 against the Kings.

Young was recognised for his efforts, receiving the Player of the Week award.

An injury free Kenny Young is proving that he's a superstar caliber player.

He was the player of the game against the Bucks as well, with 21 points, 13 rebounds, 13 assists, 2 steals and 1 block. Denver pick up their second straight game.

But despite his 10th consecutive performance of 20 plus points, the Nuggets lost a close one against the Mavericks by 106-102. Young had 29 points, 11 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal and 4 blocks.

Denver were blown out once again by the World's Greatest Player and the Atlanta Hawks. Kenny is continuing to get his stats (24 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal, 3 blocks) but much like Melo for many years, he's lacking some help.

Record: 22-46
Games Played by My Player: 22
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Larvae on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:28 pm

It is alive :dance: ! Well i have been reading this the other day. (I though it was already over :wink: )
Still injury prone :| But other than that, you have been a solid performer (Y)
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby Bucket on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Nice dunks, Kenny finally play without injuries.

I thought he injured his elbow :lol:
Bucket

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:14 am

Kenny had a couple of triple-doubles, he's going Perko! :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Cruzerr on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Perko influencing his younging :D
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Kenny on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Larvae wrote:It is alive :dance: ! Well i have been reading this the other day. (I though it was already over :wink: )
Still injury prone :| But other than that, you have been a solid performer (Y)

I originally only planned to have sporadic updates for this one, but it shall remain open until my player retires or I decide I've had enough of the mode. On a personal level, I'm happy with how my guy is doing, but the team he's on isn't too crash hot.

Valdis wrote:Nice dunks, Kenny finally play without injuries.

I thought he injured his elbow :lol:

I've added more dunks to his repertoire, so it's been a lot of fun getting him to run the fast breaks.

Nope, it's just him expressing disappointment :P

Thierry • wrote:Kenny had a couple of triple-doubles, he's going Perko! :lol:

Cruzerr wrote:Perko influencing his younging :D

I suppose in a way I'm trying to mould my game around Perko's. To me, he's the ideal player (I wish he existed in real life).
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:53 pm

March Part 2

Despite the absolute moron team mate AI I've had to play with (it can't just be me), I've completed the month of March:

Despite losing the last two games of the previous week, Kenny Young picked up his second consecutive player of the week award.

Up against one of his many former team mates, Kenyon Martin.

Young had a double-double with 18 points and 12 rebounds, to go with 5 assists and 3 steals. But the Magic ended up winning 108-92.

It was a spiteful matchup against former team the Wizards and Kenny seemed determined. Young ended the game with a triple-double (16 points 12 rebounds 10 assists).

But apparently since he left the team, John Wall doesn't miss a shot now. The Wizards came away with a 91-87 win. John Wall ended up with 31 points and 10 assists.

Against the Sixers, Denver had a scare as Kenny went down clutching at his ankle.

Despite twisting his ankle, Kenny went on and had another solid performance in a losing effort. He had 15 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists and 1 steal.

He came out like a man possessed against the Spurs, dunking this one by his idol Tim Duncan. If the Timbot could emote, he would have been upset by this.

Despite some Bruce Bowen tactics against Richard Jefferson (which left him with a strained abdomen), Kenny Young and the Nuggets lost another one by 98-82. Young had 14 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and a block.

Apart from this picture (which needs to be confiscated), the Nuggets had little joy against the Heat as they went down 88-76. Before Kenny was taken from the game with 5 fouls, he had 17 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals and 2 blocks

Would you believe against the Lakers, the Nuggets had a 23-12 lead in the first quarter?

Kenny's first jumpball of his career... shame it was against Kobe, who happens to be good at EVERYTHING.

All-Defensive player Kobe is now watching me dunk.

It's not that easy Kobe! Young had 2 blocks for the game.

But apparently the guy the Nuggets had to watch out for was Ron Artest. He ended up with 28 points (8-14 3PT). Young had 25 points, 12 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 blocks. Lakers win 104-87... Denver's losing streak extends to 8.

Record: 22-52
Games Played By My Player: 28

--------------------------------

Since it's now mathematically impossible for the Nuggets to make the playoffs, the next post will be the conclusion of my sophomore season. As angry as this mode tends to make me, I'll try to get the results up pretty quickly. Only 8 games to go afterall.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Bucket on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Kenny is back on track, finally (Y) Looks like 2k don't like you. :(
Bucket

Postby Larvae on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Back to back Player of the Week! :applaud:
But your still isn't doing much to help you provide the team some W's.
But still, (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:00 am

Yeah, My Player mode also tends to give my team a poor record :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:07 am

I don't know why, but I actually find it easy to win games in MP mode. In the one I play in sporadic rates, I'm 54-24 with the Blazers averaging 21 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds, but maybe that just comes with abusing the lead pass off the pick and roll with Aldridge, Camby, Oden, etc. :D You should try that.

Anyways, sucks that Kobe has to be good at everything in 2K, and it sucks that a brick-shooter such as Artest would go nuts from three-point range. Such is life, and such is MP mode. :( At least you're dropping triple-doubles like Perko. (Y)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Houndy on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:02 am

Dang, 22-52?
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Valdis wrote:Kenny is back on track, finally (Y) Looks like 2k don't like you. :(

I was definitely starting to think that :lol:

Ŀąŗvæ™ wrote:Back to back Player of the Week! :applaud:
But your still isn't doing much to help you provide the team some W's.
But still, (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)

Yeah, I guess I'm becoming the Kevin Love story of the new Denver Nuggets. Kinda sucks when your teammates are doing stupid things.

Thierry • wrote:Yeah, My Player mode also tends to give my team a poor record :lol:

I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I was starting to think I was jinxed or something.

Axel. wrote:I don't know why, but I actually find it easy to win games in MP mode. In the one I play in sporadic rates, I'm 54-24 with the Blazers averaging 21 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds, but maybe that just comes with abusing the lead pass off the pick and roll with Aldridge, Camby, Oden, etc. :D You should try that.

Anyways, sucks that Kobe has to be good at everything in 2K, and it sucks that a brick-shooter such as Artest would go nuts from three-point range. Such is life, and such is MP mode. :( At least you're dropping triple-doubles like Perko. (Y)

It could be the lack of big men and the undersized shooting guards I play with. Maybe I need to make a move to shooting guard... I dunno.

It's awesome to be putting up great stats, but if I don't make it to the playoffs, it doesn't really mean much in the end.

Houndy wrote:Dang, 22-52?

I know; I don't expect my team to be super awesome with all the changes made to it, but certainly not the worst.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:00 pm

April: Denver's Conclusion

The final month of the season is here. Due to the fact I really wasn't enjoying this mode, I dropped the difficulty down to the one below All-Star (I think it's pro). This change took effect after the Lakers matchup. After that, I had a lot more fun and it'll hopefully add to the longevity of this story. If things start getting too easy, I might lower My Player's durability or something to mix it up a little.

Some good news to start the month.

I kinda had enough of playing the Lakers, so I simmed the rest of the game. Young's stat-line was average (10 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists in 32 minutes), but as you can see, the score was a lot closer.

Kenny hit 1/4 from three against the Clippers... that's actually a good percentage for him.

He ended up with 24 points, 12 rebounds and 3 assists... but Denver ended up with their 10th straight loss after going down 99-93 against the Clippers.

Clark Rowe was made the scapegoat. With Denver currently in last place in the league, it's no surprise. But who is his replacement?

Welcome John Kuester to the Nuggets.

His first game as coach automatically saw a better result for Denver, as they took the game against the Timberwolves into overtime.

With Mareese Speights back in action, Kenny found himself in the starting lineup again and he grabbed 19 rebounds.

He ended up with the Performer fo the Game, with a triple-double (15 points, 19 rebounds, 13 assists). Denver's losing streak ends at 10 as they defeated the T-Wolves in overtime by 118-113. Kuester gets his first win as coach.

Two former teammates were the players of the first half in the Houston game.

Young proves again he can punch above his weight.

However, a twisted ankle restricted him to 23 minutes, in which he scored 12 points and grabbed 11 rebounds. Denver won 89-78, but would be without Young for the next game against the Timberwolves.

After the Nuggets lost to the T-Wolves, Kenny came back flying against the Utah Jazz.

He grabbed a career high 5 steals in the first half.

Young had a nasty collision with the League's Greatest Haircut...

...but it didn't stop him from having a phenonimal first half.

He cooled down a little towards the end, but he did enough to be the best player of the night. He had 29 points, 13 rebounds, 13 assists, 2 blocks and 5 steals. The Nuggets won by 96-88 against the playoffs bound Jazz.

Kenny seems to be thriving under coach John Kuester. Kuester has allowed Kenny to handle the ball a lot more than Rowe did.

Not only did Young possibly have the dunk of the year against the Suns, but also a career high of 44 points. Denver win the battle of the cellar dwellers by 101-78.

Kenny showed finesse against the second seeded Thunder.

He was also able to keep up with Kevin Durant to a point.

Kevin Durant may have had 43, but Kenny Young and the Nuggets came away with the 101-97 win. Young had 16 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 blocks and 3 steals to go with his 31. Denver's last season charge ended up being too little and far too late. But there are a lot of positives to go into next season with. Finally the team is clicking and everyone understands their role. Hopefully next season they can make a run a little sooner than they did this time around. Who would have thought hiring John Kuester would have been a great play?

Record: 27-55
Games Played by My Player: 35

The league awards and results should be up pretty soon.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Season 2: The Statistical Summary

YearTeamGPGSMPGFG%3P%FT%RPGAPGSPGBPGPPG
2011-2012DEN352028.461.179.83511.16.31.70.718.3

--------------------------------

Next season I'll get some metric stats as well, I just jumped into the playoffs a bit too quickly this time.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Playoff Seeds

EAST

(1) Atlanta 53-29
(2) Chicago 52-30
(3) Miami 52-30
(4) Boston 50-32
(5) Orlando 52-30
(6) Charlotte 46-36
(7) Philadelphia 46-36
(8) Indiana 46-36
--------
New York 45-37
Milwaukee 35-47
Toronto 33-49
Cleveland 31-51
New Jersey 30-52
Detroit 27-55
Washington 27-55

WEST

(1) LA Lakers 53-29
(2) Oklahoma City 51-31
(3) Portland 50-32
(4) Houston 40-42
(5) Golden State 50-32
(6) Utah 44-38
(7) Minnesota 41-41
(8) Sacramento 40-42
--------
New Orleans 39-43
San Antonio 38-44
LA Clippers 37-45
Dallas 36-46
Memphis 33-49
Denver 27-55
Phoenix 26-56

League Leaders

PPG

[LAL] Kobe Bryant 33
[OKC] Kevin Durant 30.6
[CHI] Derrick Rose 28.9
[CLE] Gilbert Arenas 26.9
[MIA] LeBron James 26.8

RPG

[ORL] Dwight Howard 13.2
[NOH] Emeka Okafor 10.8
[LAC] Chris Kaman 10.6
[ATL] Al Horford 10.5
[TOR] Andre Bargnani 10.5 (LOL)

APG

[BOS] Rajon Rondo 10.1
[NOH] Chris Paul 9.4
[IND] Darren Collison 8.5
[GSW] Stephen Curry 8
[OKC] Russell Westbrook 7.9

SPG

[LAL] Kobe Bryant 2.8
[MIA] Dwyane Wade 2.6
[BOS] Rajon Rondo 2.5
[CLE] Gilbert Arenas 2.5
[SAN] Manu Ginobili 2.3

BPG

[ORL] Dwight Howard 2.5
[ATL] Josh Smith 2
[NJN] Brook Lopez 1.8
[CHA] Tyrus Thomas 1.8
[NOH] Emeka Okafor 1.8
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:43 pm

Nice Im looking for an All Star bid and your first trip to the playoffs in your 3rd season :D
qfrmcpt310

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:47 pm

That's what I'm hoping for as well :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Awards/Teams

Awards

MVP: [LAL] Kobe Bryant (33ppg 4.4rpg 2.8spg)
ROY: [POR] Stan Cook (16.9ppg 5.9apg 1.6spg)
6th: [DET] Al Harrington (14.6ppg 8.3rpg 0.8spg)
Def: [ORL] Dwight Howard (13.2rpg 2.5bpg 1spg)
MIP: [DAL] Rodrique Beaubois (19.7ppg 3.7apg 1.1spg)
Coach: [POR] Nate McMillan (50-32)

Teams

All NBA First

[LAL] Kobe Bryant
[MIA] Dwyane Wade
[MIA] LeBron James
[OKC] Kevin Durant
[ORL] Dwight Howard

All NBA Second

[CLE] Gilbert Arenas
[WAS] John Wall
[ATL] Josh Smith
[CHA] Gerald Wallace
[NJN] Brook Lopez

All NBA Third

[BOS] Rajon Rondo
[NOH] Chris Paul
[MEM] Rudy Gay
[IND] Carmelo Anthony
[TOR] Andrea Bargnani

All Defensive First

[MIA] Dwyane Wade
[SAN] Manu Ginobili
[CHA] Gerald Wallace
[ATL] Josh Smith
[ORL] Dwight Howard

All Defensive Second

[BOS] Rajon Rondo
[LAL] Kobe Bryant
[OKC] Kevin Durant
[MIA] LeBron James
[NOH] Emeka Okafor

All Rookie First

[POR] Stan Cook
[LAC] Oliver Patterson
[TOR] Cesar De La Rose
[CLE] Peter Norton
[NYK] Fabricio Herrera

All Rookie Second

[UTA] Chip Goodwin
[SAC] Dwight Bender
[MEM] Enrique Mendez
[WAS] Sarunas Vujanic
[PHX] Brook Burks
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:52 pm

2012 NBA Playoffs

Axel. will be happy :lol:

And Denver's terrible season continues into the playoffs...
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:58 pm

:dance: To have the Rockets win the championship and with one of my favorite all-time point guards win Finals MVP is just awesome. Sucks Denver didn't have such a good season, but under Kuester I see you becoming the next Borislav Perko. (Y)

Is that the first time a team with a losing record wins the championship? Southwest division must have stunk for the Rockets to win it at 40-42. :lol:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby KenjanJavier on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Hey bro, how about having a new haircut ang having a shaved beard? For New Look..

I am Pinoy, and someday I'm gonna be in Canada. hehe
KenjanJavier

Postby Larvae on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:45 pm

I really should think that the Nuggets should add more talent to surround you, or maybe others should step up otherwise.
Larvae
The Other Guy.

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood