Denver Nuggets - The Next Level [Game 3 + 4]

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Re: Denver Nuggets - The Next Level (NBA Live 10)

Postby Kenny on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Andrew wrote:Impressive. At this rate, you may just sweep your way through the postseason. (Y)

Getting past either New Orleans or Houston without dropping a game has proved to be almost impossible historically, but I think I could be in with a chance :)

Mavs4Life wrote:16-0, I can feel it. Perko stat line's always look so good haha.

I really wish a player like him existed in real life (particularly for the Nuggets).

Lamrock wrote:It'll be tough, but 16-0 is do-able. Either way, anything short of a title would be devastating.

I agree; falling short this season would be a massive shock.

megarover wrote:I knew there wouldn't be much resistance till the Conference Finals. Another sweeeeep

And to think I was so close to losing that first game against the Blazers...
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:17 pm

NBA Playoffs 2025: Conference Finals

East

ImageImage

West

ImageImage

Semi Final Results

East

(1) Chicago 4 - 2 New York (4)
(3) Miami 4 - 1 Detroit (2)

West

(1) Denver 4 - 0 Sacramento (4)
(3) New Orleans 4 - 1 Houston (7)

(1) Denver Nuggets Vs New Orleans Hornets (3)

It's the Western matchup the league has been looking forward to since the trade deadline. Many believed that if any team could stop the Denver juggernaut, it could be the New Orleans Hornets.

Both have sides stacked with talent; New Orleans have a point guard with championship experience on two teams, while James Palmer has been the bolter for the season, forcing the Nuggets' management to deal Hunt. Both Taylor MacKenzie and Caleb Vick can take a game away within a blink of an eye, but the most tantilising matchup is the one of the two MVPs. Perko and MacDonald were the two favourites for the trophy during the season.

New Orleans (2023) and Denver (2024) are the two most recent winners of the Larry O'Brien trophy, so this could be a classic.

The Teams

Denver Nuggets

The Starters

| Stan Griffiths | Borislav Perko | Dennis Anderson | Taylor MacKenzie | James Palmer |

The Bench

| Dwight Howard | Derrick Rose | Julian Chandler | Vince MacMahon | Jim Simon | Lawrence Griffiths | Axel Donnelly |

IR

| Liam Leopold | Russell Westbrook | Sly Mitchell |

New Orleans Hornets

The Starters

| Rasheed Meyer | Marty Snow | Hobbes MacDonald | Caleb Vick | Steven Hunt |

The Bench

| Andrew Morgan | Zlatan Silva | P.J. O'Sullivan | MacKenzie MacMahon | Bradley Boctor | Bekitemba Talkene | Kitt Robin |

IR

| Fredrik Rutherford | Marty Bart | Eddy Dowel |

The Keys

Denver Nuggets

Defense wins championships and the Nuggets need all hands on deck for this series. Borislav Perko and Dwight Howard come to mind the most, as they'll be relied upon to prevent the easy baskets. But the guy who gets the job on Hobbes MacDonald will prove to be the key. Perko, Anderson and MacKenzie are all likely to alternate on that role.

New Orleans Hornets

Most of this Hornets team is in tact from their championship season. Hobbes MacDonald and Caleb Vick will be vital to their cause, but look for Steven Hunt to provide a possible X-Factor for New Orleans.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:11 pm

MacKenzie MacMahon

Now there's a name for you. I would assume his nickname would be "Mac-Mac", "McMac" or "Big Mac".
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mavs4Life on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:58 am

Hornets are about to get stung.
Mavs4Life

Postby megarover on Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:18 pm

T-Mac in 6
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Kenny on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:29 pm

Andrew wrote:
MacKenzie MacMahon

Now there's a name for you. I would assume his nickname would be "Mac-Mac", "McMac" or "Big Mac".

It's funny because I have a MacKenzie and a MacMahon on my team, so MacKenzie MacMahon is like their merged Captain Planet-esque identity.

Out of those names, I think I like McMac the most :)

Mavs4Life wrote:Hornets are about to get stung.

Or will they do the stinging?

megarover wrote:T-Mac in 6

Interesting prediction :lol:
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:30 pm

NBA Playoffs 2025: Conference Finals

Game 1: Nuggets Sting Hornets in 4th

The Nuggets shut down the Hornets in the final quarter to win game one by 106-94. The Nuggets were led by veteran centre Dwight Howard, who dominated with 22 points and 13 rebounds. Dennis Anderson also boosted the Nuggets with 21 points, while Denver's two top scorers Taylor MacKenzie (20) and James Palmer (18) weren't too far behind. Borislav Perko registered yet another playoff triple-double with 10 points, 12 rebounds and 16 assists.

New Orleans were led by former Nuggets point guard Steven Hunt, who had 32 points and 13 assists against his old team. He was well supported by superstars Hobbes MacDonald and Caleb Vick, who both scored 21, while Marty Snow added 12.

The Hornets' were up by 9 to begin the fourth, but they faded against the rampant Denver team, and were outscored 32-15.

--------------

NOH@DEN

DEN: 106 (Howard 22, Anderson 21, MacKenzie 20)
NOH: 94 (Hunt 32, MacDonald 21, Vick 21)

Sprite Performer of the Game: Dwight Howard 22 points 13 rebounds 1 assist 3 blocks

Rebounds

DEN: Howard 13
NOH: Meyer 9

Assists

DEN: Perko 16
NOH: Hunt 13

--------------

Game 2: Nuggets' Scoring Brigade Too Much For Hornets

Denver had eight double-digit scorers in their 110-77 win against the Hornets. Taylor MacKenzie topped their list with 13, while James Palmer (10 assists) and Vince MacMahon scored 12 and 11 respectively. Stan Griffiths, Dwight Howard, Julian Chandler, Derrick Rose and Jim Simon all added 10 each, while Borislav Perko (9 points, 13 rebounds, 13 assists) was one point shy of another triple-double.

The Hornets' night was contrast to the Nuggets, as Steven Hunt (30 points, 7 assists) and Hobbes MacDonald (21 points) did the majority of scoring. Caleb Vick was the only other double-digit scorer for New Orleans with 10 points.

Denver's team play has been a highlight of the playoffs, with the majority of the team getting involved at one stage or another. The series now heads to New Orleans, where the Hornets will look to resurrect their playoffs campaign.

--------------

NOH@DEN

DEN: 110 (MacKenzie 13, Palmer 12, MacMahon 11)
NOH: 77 (Hunt 30, MacDonald 21, Vick 10)

Sprite Performer of the Game: Borislav Perko 9 points 13 rebounds 13 assists 6 blocks 2 steals

Rebounds

DEN: Perko 13
NOH: Snow 10

Assists

NOH: Hunt, Vick 7

--------------

Game 3: Nuggets Win Big... Easy

Denver once again had power in numbers, routing the Hornets by 111-85. Six players scored in double figures for the Mile High City, as they were led by Taylor MacKenzie (27). Dwight Howard proved once again that age is no barrier, scoring 26 points, while Dennis Anderson continued his impressive post-season for, with 15. James Palmer played a more distributive role, with 14 points and 12 assists. Stan Griffiths scored 12, while Borislav Perko (10 points, 13 rebounds, 13 assists) was judged to be the Performer of the Game once again with his overall stat-line.

The story for New Orleans once again was their lack of options on the offensive end. Hobbes MacDonald stepped up with 28, and Steven Hunt had another great game (16 points, 10 assists), but they had little help, as Rasheed Meyer (13) was the only other notable contributor on the scorecard.

New Orleans will have one more chance to extend the series at home in game 4.

--------------

DEN@NOH

DEN: 111 (MacKenzie 27, Howard 26, Anderson 15)
NOH: 85 (MacDonald 28, Hunt 16, Meyer 13)

Sprite Performer of the Game: Borislav Perko 10 points 13 rebounds 13 assists

Rebounds

NOH: Snow 7

Assists

NOH: Hunt 10

--------------

Game 4: Nuggets Sweep West for Finals Spot

Despite encountering a more determined Hornets squad, the Denver Nuggets completed their sweep of the West, winning game four by 104-96. At one stage the Denver Nuggets were down by 22 in the second quarter. New Orleans even held a 9 point lead going into the fourth, but they were once again run down by Denver's potent offense.

The Nuggets were led from the wings, with Taylor MacKenzie (30) and Dennis Anderson (27) both having huge games. Dwight Howard also enjoyed his retro form, scoring 18 off the bench. Stan Griffiths (12 points, 9 rebounds) and James Palmer (11 points, 11 assists) also had meaningful contributions in Denver's resurgence.

Steven Hunt (29) and Hobbes MacDonald (22) led the Hornets fight back with strong games, while Rasheed Meyer and Caleb Vick both scored 15.

The Hornets showed signs of resilience, but no team ever looked likely to upset Denver's perfect run through the West. The Nuggets will face the winner of the Bulls/Heat series in the NBA Finals, which Miami leads 3-0.

--------------

DEN@NOH

DEN: 104 (MacKenzie 30, Anderson 27, Howard 18)
NOH: 96 (Hunt 29, MacDonald 22, Meyer 15)

Sprite Performer of the Game: Taylor MacKenzie 30 points 2 rebounds 4 steals

Rebounds

DEN: S Griffiths, Perko 9
NOH: Meyer, Morgan 7

Assists

DEN: Perko 15
NOH: Hunt, MacDonald 6
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby megarover on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:20 am

Wow even though I knew you would win i thought they would take at least a game. Didn't count on Superman to show up.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:12 am

The impressive run continues. Hoping to see you finish it off with another sweep in the Finals. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:01 pm

megarover wrote:Wow even though I knew you would win i thought they would take at least a game. Didn't count on Superman to show up.

There were times where I thought I was going to lose, but I knew I always had the firepower to come back. Dwight is still a beast in the game.

Andrew wrote:The impressive run continues. Hoping to see you finish it off with another sweep in the Finals. (Y)

You say that now, but wait til you see the matchup I have ;)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:02 pm

The 2025 NBA Finals will be contested by both number one seeds; the Denver Nuggets and the Chicago Bulls. While Denver have breezed through the playoffs so far, the Bulls have been challenged all the way through. Chicago proved their resolve against the Miami Heat, as they erased a 3-0 deficit to win the series in 7.

Cody Campbell will return to Denver as the enemy, after he was the Nuggets' leading scoring during the 22-23 campaign. On the other side of the coin, Dennis Anderson and Chicago native Derrick Rose will also return to their former homes during this series. Which of these players will get the bragging rights against their former team? Will Andrew ban me from the forums if the Nuggets win in 4? All will be revealed soon.

The Teams

Denver Nuggets

The Starters

| Stan Griffiths | Borislav Perko | Dennis Anderson | Taylor MacKenzie | James Palmer |

The Bench

| Dwight Howard | Derrick Rose | Julian Chandler | Vince MacMahon | Jim Simon | Lawrence Griffiths | Axel Donnelly |

IR

Chicago Bulls

The Starters

| Jonas Kenny | Bryan Schmidt | Cody Campbell | Augustus Ross | Howard Ryan |

The Bench

| Lino Becker | Wally Power | Felix Ross | Norbert Brooks | Jeremy Glenn | Russell Hoffman | Alex Ward |

The Keys

Denver Nuggets

Denver's team unity has been incredible throughout the 2025 NBA Playoffs. All they need to do is stay on track and they should add title number nine to their cabinet.

Chicago Bulls

Cody Campbell and the currently injured Lucas Keenan will be the keys to success for the Bulls. Campbell has familiarity with the Nuggets' system and he's proven to a tough matchup, as he can spread the floor with his shooting, while having the size to post up. Lucas Keenan has a similar game, but he's also one of the league's premier rebounders. Cody needs to hold the fort while Keenan recovers from a sprained elbow.

------

Has the writing on the forums gotten smaller? Or have I accidentally changed my browser font settings?

Edit: Never mind, I think it was my font settings.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:42 pm

How many titles will you have if you win this one? I see 5 in the first post, but it only goes up to 2018.

Good luck :)
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Wow another amazing run through the playoffs. I kind of feel for Andrew because the Bulls are about to get trampled :wink:
qfrmcpt310

Postby Mavs4Life on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:09 am

They're bringing out the brooms already.
Mavs4Life

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:58 am

badreligionau wrote:Will Andrew ban me from the forums if the Nuggets win in 4? All will be revealed soon.

You'll be fine if that happens. He didn't ban me when I beat the Bulls in 4 in my first Rockets story. :mrgreen:

I think you win in 5 or 6. It's been a very easy run to the Finals and I don't see that changing.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Cruzerr on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 pm

I have missed so much! Jesus, good stuff still. I really want to see the finals :P

Good luck man.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Houndy on Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:34 am

Beat CHICAGOOOOOO
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Kenny on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:55 am

Phil89 wrote:How many titles will you have if you win this one? I see 5 in the first post, but it only goes up to 2018.

Good luck :)

I've been meaning to update that, but it's always fallen down on my priority list. I seem to play games even quicker now.

The answer is, this one would be my ninth :)

qfrmcpt310 wrote:Wow another amazing run through the playoffs. I kind of feel for Andrew because the Bulls are about to get trampled :wink:

It's okay; I'm pretty sure Andrew is a fan of the Nuggets in this thread anyway ;)

Mavs4Life wrote:They're bringing out the brooms already.

Those brooms are going to be dirty at this stage.

Axel. wrote:
badreligionau wrote:Will Andrew ban me from the forums if the Nuggets win in 4? All will be revealed soon.

You'll be fine if that happens. He didn't ban me when I beat the Bulls in 4 in my first Rockets story. :mrgreen:

I think you win in 5 or 6. It's been a very easy run to the Finals and I don't see that changing.

Yeah, I know he wouldn't... still fun to kind of joke about though :lol:

Cruzerr wrote:I have missed so much! Jesus, good stuff still. I really want to see the finals :P

Good luck man.

Glad you've caught up; the Finals will be coming in the next post :)

Houndy wrote:Beat CHICAGOOOOOO

I don't see no Jordan on their team...
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:56 am

NBA Finals 2025

Game 1: Nuggets Continue Dominance

The Denver Nuggets got off to a flying start in the NBA Finals, winning by 110-84. The two Macs of Denver, Taylor MacKenzie (24) and Vince MacMahon (20) were the leaders of seven Nuggets in double digits. James Palmer scored 15, while Stan Griffiths had 14 points and 15 rebounds. Dwight Howard continued his impressive post-season with 13 points, 8 rebounds and 5 blocks. Once again though, it was Borislav Perko who had the line, with 10 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists and 3 blocks. Derrick Rose also scored 10 against his first NBA team.

Jonas Kenny (19) and Cody Campbell (18) were the two standouts for the Bulls, as both players were each 1 rebound away from a double-double. Both Bryan Schmidt (13 points, 11 rebounds) and Howard Ryan (12 points, 13 assists) both reached theirs, while Augustus Ross also contributed 12.

It was power in numbers once again for the Nuggets; a recurring theme for them this playoffs campaign.

-------------

CHI@DEN

DEN: 110 (MacKenzie 24, MacMahon 20, Palmer 15)
CHI: 84 (Kenny 19, Campbell 18, Schmidt 13)

Sprite Performer of the Game: Borislav Perko 10 points 11 rebounds 10 assists 3 blocks 1 steal

Rebounds

DEN: S Griffiths 15
CHI: Schmidt 11

Assists

DEN: Perko 10
CHI: Ryan 13

-------------

Game 2: Nuggets Hold Off Charging Bulls

The Nuggets held off a late run by the Bulls to win game two by 102-95. Taylor MacKenzie was the Nuggets' top scorer once again with 24. Dwight Howard once again added a massive boost off the bench with 22, while former Bulls Dennis Anderson and Derrick Rose both scored 12 each. Stan Griffiths (10 points, 9 rebounds) was one rebound shy of a double-double, while James Palmer continued to cool off, but still contributed 10.

Howard Ryan picked up the Sprite Performer of the Game on a losing team. He helped get the Bulls back within striking distance with 30 points and 11 assists. Jonas Kenny also had an outstanding night, with 27 points and dominating the glass with 17 rebounds. Cody Campbell scored 22.

The Nuggets were up by as many as 20 with five minutes left to play, but a late fourth quarter run by the Bulls got them back within 4 points. But after the scare, Denver managed to close out the game from the free throw line.

The Finals now head to Chicago.

-------------

CHI@DEN

DEN: 102 (MacKenzie 24, Howard 22, Anderson 12)
CHI: 95 (Ryan 30, Kenny 27, Campbell 22)

Sprite Performer of the Game: Howard Ryan 30 points 2 rebounds 11 assists 1 block 1 steal

Rebounds

DEN: Perko 11
CHI: Kenny 17

Assists

DEN: Perko 14
CHI: Ryan 11

-------------

Game 3: T-Mac Tames Bulls; Nuggets One Win Away

A dominant display by Taylor MacKenzie led the Nuggets to a 109-78 blowout against the Bulls in game three. MacKenzie poured in 48 points against the luckless Bulls. He was helped out by Vince MacMahon, who scored 15. T-Mac even managed to overshadow a Perko triple-double. Borislav had 11 points, 11 rebounds and 15 assists. Both Stan Griffiths and Dwight Howard scored 10 each.

Cody Campbell and Howard Ryan both led the Bulls scoring with 21 each. Lucas Keenan had a solid game in his return, with 12 points and 15 rebounds, but he was unable to stem the Nuggets' overwhelming dominance.

Denver needs to win just one more game to pick up championship #9.

-------------

DEN@CHI

DEN: 109 (MacKenzie 48, MacMahon 15, Perko 11)
CHI: 78 (Campbell 21, Ryan 21, Keenan 12)

Sprite Performer of the Game: Taylor MacKenzie 48 points 6 rebounds 1 block 2 steals

Rebounds

DEN: Perko 11
CHI: Keenan 15

Assists

DEN: Perko 15
CHI: Kenny, Ryan 5

-------------

Game 4: Nuggets Sweep Playoffs; Win Ninth Championship

Denver won game four in Chicago by 99-86 to become the repeat NBA champions. Like much of their campaign, teamwork was the theme, as seven players scored in double-digits. They were led by the two Macs, as Taylor and Vince scored 12 each. Stan Griffiths (12 rebounds, 6 blocks), James Palmer (12 assists), Dwight Howard, Derrick Rose and Jim Simon all scored 10 each.

Howard Ryan was once again brilliant on a beaten team, scoring 35 points. Cody Campbell was the only other double-digit scorer for the Bulls, with 16.

With this win, the Nuggets celebrated the ninth championship for the franchise. It's also the second time in the team's history they've gone 16-0 in the playoffs.

-------------

DEN@CHI

DEN: 99 (MacKenzie 12, MacMahon 12, S Griffiths 10)
CHI: 86 (Ryan 35, Campbell 16, Schmidt 9)

Sprite Performer of the Game: Borislav Perko 8 points 12 rebounds 10 assists 2 blocks 1 steals

Rebounds

DEN: S Griffiths, Perko 12
CHI: Keenan 12

Assists

DEN: Palmer 12
CHI: Ryan 8
Last edited by Kenny on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

ImageImage

The 2025 NBA Champions

Denver Nuggets

The Starters

The Bench

IR

Finals MVP

Borislav Perko

8.4ppg 9.8rpg 11.9apg 3bpg

Record

Regular Season: 68-14
Playoffs: 16-0
Last edited by Kenny on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Rose and Westbrook retire

After 17 seasons in the NBA, both Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook decided to call it quits.

Derrick Rose was drafted number one by the Chicago Bulls in 2008. Over the course of his career, he had stints with Minnesota, Milwaukee and Denver.

Russell Westbrook was also drafted in 2008, but he was taken with the fifth overall pick by the Seattle Supersonics, who later became the Oklahoma City Thunder. Westbrook also spent his career in Atlanta, New Orleans and Denver. As well as the 2025 Denver Nuggets, Westbrook was also apart of the 2023 New Orleans championship team.

Nuggets, Dwight to Negotiate Season 22

Dwight Howard is currently indecisive about whether he wants to play on into his 40s. If he sticks around another season, he will surpass the Robert Parish/LeBron James mark of 21. Will the Dwightmare return?
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Ah well. I'll just have to pick up my 06 Dynasty again to get a little more positivity going for the virtual Bulls. ;)

Congrats on winning number nine, in very impressive fashion! (Y) Hoping you can make it three in a row next season, for the tenth overall. Interested to see what happens with Howard, and whether the way he's handled his business in real life will affect whether or not you bring him back.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mavs4Life on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Sweep,knew it, do it again next year, good luck. Howard/Lebron/Durant always seem to play into their 40s in 2K/Live.
Mavs4Life

Postby Lamrock on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:09 am

Congrats on another title. Glad Dwight's sticking around to keep the NBA's old guard alive.
Lamrock

Postby Kenny on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Andrew wrote:Ah well. I'll just have to pick up my 06 Dynasty again to get a little more positivity going for the virtual Bulls. ;)

Congrats on winning number nine, in very impressive fashion! (Y) Hoping you can make it three in a row next season, for the tenth overall. Interested to see what happens with Howard, and whether the way he's handled his business in real life will affect whether or not you bring him back.

I just see it as a reverse of what happened in the 90s. A lot of great teams didn't championships because of the Bulls, so I guess this is a little bit of karma :lol:

I'm hoping NBA Live 13 has a good dynasty mode, because I'd like to see you start a new one with D-Rose and Joakim Noah. Getting past the Heat alone would be a great challenge and an interesting story.

Mavs4Life wrote:Sweep,knew it, do it again next year, good luck. Howard/Lebron/Durant always seem to play into their 40s in 2K/Live.

I'll have to check KD's age at this point. In any case, I have my doubts to whether he'll make it to 40; his overall declined majorly during his stint with the Spurs.

Lamrock wrote:Congrats on another title. Glad Dwight's sticking around to keep the NBA's old guard alive.

I was trying to add a little bit of indecision there, but yeah, I'm glad to have Dwight back. The real NBA players are slowly disappearing.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame