Orlando Franchise

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Orlando Franchise

Postby Mark. on Sat Jun 28, 2003 6:32 pm

Finaly after trying numerous teams in franchise mode i have resorted back to my all time favs the magic. i simmed the first season and got knocked out in like the 2nd round i think. my line up is:

Eddy Curry
Drew Gooden
T-Mac
Michael Redd
GP

Kemp
Garrity
Warner (rookie)
Vaughn
Sasser
S Hunter

Well thats my main rotation, ill post a more accurate roster when i next play the game.

Im currently about 8-3 in a 28 game season and the whole team is getting into it, T -Mac is averageing 39 ppg and 9.8 apg drew is only averaging 21 ppg but in the last 5 has scored over 30 each game, like wise with GP.

The only gripe i have is that the games are always close but i find turning cpu assistance off doesnt change much.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Small Ball2k3 on Sat Jun 28, 2003 7:43 pm

not a bad line-up you got there match_66. just one Question though if Drew Gooden is ONLY averaging 21ppg and like wise for GP are you playing 12min quarters or does your offence go through those 3 players and they score 80-90+ points. i can see why you chose Orlando though, its better than having TMAC dropping 40 points on ya.lol :lol:
Small Ball2k3

Postby Mark. on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:53 pm

Nah in my first few games tmac dropped like a 60 then a 50 then 40 then 50 so he got heaps of points in those games and then he got injured so has gp for like 4 games, so now that i have all 3 back my offence runs thru every one with drew and gp getting 25-35 a game and t mac getting bout 25 cos im using him as pg when gp is off. my scoring is also really high i average like 120ppg on 8min 1/4s, but i think i may have a solution, that is that i turn cpu assistance off, cso im shit at D so when it gets close in the final quater i jst out score the other team
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Small Ball2k3 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:50 pm

Thats cool, just wondering what is CPU assistance, is it like close game option in previous lives or something different. but I can see how you can get 120+ppg because when I play my franchise I score abot 100ppg and I find it hard to get into a half court offence and try to limit my fast breaks, but in the end its just how Live 2k3 plays and you got to go with it.
Small Ball2k3

Postby The Big Racist on Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:43 pm

so he got heaps of points in those games and then he got injured

did he really got injured in the game?
The Big Racist

Postby Mark. on Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:54 pm

errr nah man T - Mac didnt actualy get in jured, i jst use the dice technique.

Any opinions on my line up, where am i lacking??

i think defence my self but thats not only the players its prob more the contoler, me i need some tips on good defence :D
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby The Big Racist on Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:20 am

i think defence my self but thats not only the players its prob more the contoler, me i need some tips on good defence :D

just tap the double team button!
The Big Racist

Postby Mark. on Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:45 am

hey ive now played two more games, the first was against New York. The game was pretty one sided till the end of the game when the cpu decided i would miss all my shots and the cpu would hit all his, i still mananged to pull off the win 120-114, tmac was on fire with 37 points and 8 assists, while gooden had his maditory 28 points the rest was really a team effort with Redd taking 22 and gp 18 and 11 assists.

I then played the Bucks back home and they now had KG in thier line up. It was a hard game with me trailing for the most of it (T Mac and Gooden were out for one game a piece) then i managed to pull it back till the end winning 110-106, POG was GP wiht 42 points and 17 assists, KG had only 8 pioints 4 boards and 2 blocks. Garrity came up big in goodens abcense scoring 26 points and taking 8 boards.

Sadly after the game Garrity, Sasser and Kemp were shipped off to cleveland for Miles, Diop and Bruce Bowen, garrity will sadly be missed but with D miles in the team it gives the new starting line up option of him at the 3 and tmac back at the 2, miles can also play the 4 as well.

im now 12-3 9 i think) and still top of the east
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Mark. on Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:14 pm

Well that stinks, i found that the game didnt want to load for me at all anymore in this franchise. i contemplated not starting another and actually doing some school work until 2004 comes out, but thought stuff it and started again but this time with a fantasy draft. i had the second pick as orlando so i took T-Mac (first pick was minny who took KG). For my next pick i had my fingers crossed that JO wud be there like he is if your lucky, but alas he wasnt so i took Antoine Walker. I cant remeber the rest. i simmed the first season and added so rookies like bron and melo, but not many others, the pool was shit and my 25th pick got me a 65 overall pg which was where i was weakest as my pg ( Arenas ) didnt resign. Simmed this season as well and got knocked in the first round ( btw in my first season i made it to the conference finals). Anyway for this draft i added some of my friends and me (not many and jst for some shits and giggles) anyway i had made a trade to portland that favoured them greatly so i took their first rnd pick and selected Me :D .

my lineup is something like this:
C: Stoude 84
PF: Toine 91
SF: Ron Artest 89
SG: T-Mac 99
PG: ME 84
-------------------
C:Nene 80
PF: Johnathon Bender 86
SF: Gordan Giricek 81
SG:Courtney Alexandra 80
PG: Rafeer Alston 80 :?:

C:Melvin Ely
and then a few tossers who cant do anything.

Anyway i lost my first game by like 15 points to washington who were led my Starbury who had 25 points and 12 assists, Caron Butler who had 18 points and like 6 boards and 4 assists, my mate had like 20ps and nothing else.

T-Mac had 30 points and 7 assists
i had 14 poitns and 14 assists
toine had 22 points and 6 and 6

This is only one game but i dont really like bender that much i was thinking bout a more serviceable big man, any ideas??
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Bill Russell on Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:34 am

Brendan Haywood?
Bill Russell

Postby Mark. on Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:55 am

ummm nah im pretty sure hes not there, oh yeah i have bruce bowen and hes not actually that bad for a 76 overall
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Mark. on Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:02 pm

seems im havin the same prob as tales ( lots of hits and no posts )
I traded Bender and Giricek for Chandler and Antonio daniels.
anyway im now 2-1 and i just played the rockets who were:
C: Brand
PF: Haslip
SF: Battier
SG: soem rookie
PG: Ward

it doesnt look like to deadly a first 5 but Elton was a killer, well until i got him into foul trouble, anyway after that it was Haslip who caused me all sorts of trouble just making all these crazy jumpers. i found that they were a very good defenceive team, i couldnt score for most of the game that was wat made it close. at the start of the 4th i was down 68-77 cos i just couldnt find a way to score xcept for toine who could score on haslip at will but it was hard to feed him the ball, T-Mac was stuffed as Battier was making a fool of him. So i was shitting myself as i started the 4th cos i always start a season pretty well and didnt want that to change. so i finaly got the lead down to 5 only to have it stretch out to 12 so on comes Tracy "Time to open a can of whoop ass" Mcgrady who drops 20 points in the last 6 minutes at the same time dishing 4 assists. 10 seconds left and the score is 106 - 104 in my favour Artest gets the steal and oralndo calls a time out, the play is for T-Mac to inbound the ball to Me who will kill the time at the top, but im not open so the ball goes to artest who holds it up, tmac slashes reciives and tomohawks on battier, sweet revenge.

Anyway T-Mac was POG 37 points 4rebs 7 assists 2 steals and 7to
I had my break thru game with 22 points and 16 assists while walker had 23 and 8, Chandler and Amarae were quite as they were on defensive assignment on Brand and his sub who was some bnug fat ass.

Notables from the rockets Haslip 28 points 14 rebounds, Battier 9 points 8 rebounds and 7 steals (not all from T-Mac, he mainly wud pressure me into a trap where T-mac wud loose the ball.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood