Utah's Dream

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Utah's Dream

Postby Ymakino on Mon Feb 03, 2003 10:38 pm

Utah’s Dream
DK’s latest Roster
8minute quarters
Superstar

I just finished my regular season with my Utah Jazz. I went 16-12, I have just reached the playoffs and face the Phoenix Suns in the first round. Here is how Game1 played out

Game started out slow, with both teams shooting at a low % and struggling to score. Utah found it’s early offence from Malone and Harpring, while Phoenix looked to A.Stoudmire and Marion. Utah built a lead in the 2nd quarter behind D.Stevenson, who was able to take the ball to the hole on several occasions. Utah pulled away to a 16point lead at the end of the half. Phoenix came home strong behind Marbury and Marion but couldn’t stop the strong Utah Jazz. Jazz win 98-90.

Phoenix Notes - Marion was the guy who looked the most dangerous. He had 29points and 11 boards. Other mentions – Marbury 17points/10assists

Here’s my Box score. POTG=K.Malone

Last edited by Ymakino on Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:41 pm

ROUND1 GAME2 Phoenix @ Utah Phonix win 89-88 in OT

This game was dictated by Defence.

Calbert Cheaney scored 8points in the Overtime period but it wasn't enough.

Here are the Boxes
Utah's

Phoenix (Marbury POTG)
Last edited by Ymakino on Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:24 am

GAME 3 Utah@Phoenix Utah win 84-71

This was a very important win for me, I didn’t want to be staring at a “do or die” game4. The Big 3 really came through for me, nailing a high % of Jumpshots when it counted. Also unlike game3, where Marbury had a break out, J.Stockton was able to have a solid game posting 10-10 as well as playing awesome Defence on Marbury.

ESPN~~ Malone after the game~~
“We played a great team game tonight, fortunately I was able to contribute more than I did in game3, and Harpring played great. We’re just going to go into game4 with some fire”

Last edited by Ymakino on Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:51 pm

GAME 4 UTAH@PHOENIX PHOENIX WIN 87-85

Utah missed it's chance to advance to the second round tonight, coming into Phoenix's home ground they new it would be tough. Phoenix blitzed Utah in the first half, carrying a 20point lead into the second half. Utah came back with some savey defence, and took the lead during the 4th. But it was rookie C.Jacobson, and S.Marion who butsted the Jass in the last two minutes. These two players were also complemented by a nice allround game from S.Marbury.

Game 5, will be played tommoro to decide who goes to the next round.

Boxes for a close Game 4.

Last edited by Ymakino on Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:42 am

GAME 5 PHON @ UTAH, UTAH WIN 76-74

Jass advance to the next round to face the Spurs. The "Do or Die" Game 5 was neck and neck all the way to the end, Jass went on a 7-0 run with 1:30 remaining. Back to back 3's by S.Marion and S.Marbury pulled the Suns within striking range, but rookie A.Stoudmire missed a baseline jumper over the mailman to send it to OT.

Well, I've got Spurs next. I'm going to have to play allot better in the next series if I want to advance.

Game 5 Box

Last edited by Ymakino on Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ymakino

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:02 pm

That was a lucky escape in Game 5. In my experience, when the CPU is in trouble they tend to take a lot of threes - and make them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Ymakino on Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:16 am

Andrew, I'm very lucky I pulled out in G5. Anyway i'm about to play game 1 in the 2nd round,, i'll post the results after completion ;)
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:47 pm

Round2 Game 1 Utah@SanAntonio Utah wins in overtime 107-101

The first signs that this series is going to be a tough one. I’m really happy I was able to take homecourt advantage away from the Spurs.

They started out hitting all their shots (8-8), and Spurs carried a 12point halftime lead. They found their offence from S.Smith and Tim Duncun. Unfortunately for the Spurs Duncan and Robinson got in foul trouble in the 3rd. M.Rose and D.Ferry came in, Malone quickly took advantage of Ferry’s poor defence.

Down the stretch in the 4th quarter Malone missed two clutch freethrows that may have sealed the game for the Jazz. Duncan made a powerfull inside move, and a tough fade away on the right baseline over Malone to send the game into OT.

In the overtime period, the Spurs looked tired, some lazy defence by B.Bowen allowed Harpring to leak out on the break (see caption). S.Smith made 1-3 3point shots down the stretch, and Utah Jazz pulled out Game1!.

Harpring leaks out on the break in OT

Boxes
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:24 am

GAME 2 Utah win 92-87

Well, I consider myself really lucky to be up two games against the Spurs, I have totally taken away their homecourt advantage. I seem to be able to shut down a lot easier than i expected. I'm not getting much production from the Mailman, because he's being gaurderd by Duncan. But overall another good solid game.

My Box only
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:32 pm

ROUND2 GAME3 SPURS@UTAH SPURS win 89-87

Well, Homecourt advantage doesn't seem to be playing a big part in this series. I took the first two in Sanantonio, and they snatched the game from me at the Deltacenter.

Spurs controled the tempo of the game, I really wasn't a chance untill Kirilenko hit two late 3's to put me within 2points, Duncan missed a sitter, then Harpring missed a 15footer to send the game into OT.

Ah well, Game4 is up next, i'll keep you all posted.

My Box
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:31 pm

ROUND2 GAME4 SANANTONIO@UTAH SPURS win 92-90

Grr, Homecourt seems to be very oposite in this series so far. Spurs were nailing their 3pointers like they were shooting freethrows. Kirilenko had 18points in the first half. To make up for a very slack game by Malone. Stockton hit two 3's at the end of the 4th to get within two points, but missed the last one with time expiring.

Here's my Box

Here's the Playoff Picture in the West

and in the East
Ymakino

Postby Bill Russell on Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:59 pm

Good stuff man, I enjoy readin' it, keep it up. :)
Bill Russell

Postby Ymakino on Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:28 am

Thanks Tales!, i'll keep it up :)
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:02 am

ROUND2 GAME5 Utah@Sanantonio Utah win 101-90

Away teams seem to have the advantage in this series.

Game 5 started out really slow, with both teams shooting under 30% in the first quarter!!. The rest of the game was alot different though. Finally a break out game by K.Malone, and a very solid game by J.Stockton. The spurs deadly 3point shot was not falling at all untill the last 2minutes when they hit a couple, but it was all too late.

A huge factor in the game was in the 2nd quarter. S.Padgett came in the game and suprised Duncan with a few quick moves. Duncan picked up his 3rd foul and D.Ferry was subbed in. Unfortunatly when Malone re-entered the game, Ferry was no match for Malones offensive onslaught. Duncan accually killed Malone in the 4th quarter, but it doesn't matter because I snatched the win :D.

GAME6 is up next in Saltlake, I'm going to make every effort to finish the series there.

Game 5 boxscore
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:52 pm

ROUND2 GAME6 Sanantonio@Utah Utah win 104-95

Well i'm through to the Western Conference semi finals! :D, I had a great game from Harpring today nailing a playoff high 42points on sizzling shooting. The rest of the guys did a good job to get him the ball. Everyone contributed and we played well. B.Bowen was killing me from behind the arch (he's been doing it the whole series), and Duncan was superb in the 4th, but it wasn't enough

GAME 6 BOX

Here's a look at the Playoff picture now

WEST

EAST

I'm wondering how i should play Dallas? hrmmm
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:55 am

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME1 UTAH@DALLAS
DALLAS win 116-77

Yesterday I came face to face with an offensive machine!, I couldn't believe how complete their offence was, not to mention their defence which held me to a dismal 77. Believe it or not, the first quarter i held them out very well, matching their aggression and intensity. But from the 2nd half I had no answer for them.

K.Malone got outplayed by Dirk, Harpring played average, Even after knowing they had blown me out, their 2nd unit Vanexel, Griffith hit all their shots. I've got some work to do, any ideas on how to play Dallas?

GAME 5 Box Dallas

BOX UTAH
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:02 pm

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME2 Utah@Dallas Dallas win 109-78

Got killed early again, made a half hearted come back in the 3rd and 4th, but they just dominated me again. I shut down Dirk, but they have so many options it's really tough. I don't have much to say about this game, because i'm so pissed off about loosing it. Game3 up next.

My Box
Ymakino

Postby vinsanity03 on Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:10 am

nice, keep it coming, raps didnt make the playoffs? :cry: :x

p.s. can you tell me how many points Vince Carter averaged, and what the raptors record was, id apreciate it alot! thanks
vinsanity03

Postby Ymakino on Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:57 am

Ok i've played 2 games here they are
GAME 3 Dallas @ UTAH Dallas win 106-89
They killed me again, but this time at home. Game4 is elimination for me

Game 3 box

GAME 4 Dallas @ Utah Utah win 107-104
wow i escaped elimination, at least i didn't get sweeped. Anyway all thanks to an amazing game from Harpring. remember the game he had (game6 vs the spurs?) well he did a bit better nailing 45points and hitting 9shots from 3point range. Malone played decent, Stockton played awsome.

GAME4 BOX

Dallas Box
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:02 am

Vincesanity, Raptors didn't make the playoffs :(, because of an injury to V.Carter. He was out the whole beggining of the season, and only played 4 games at the end of the season.

As a team, they went 12-16.

Vince's numbers after he recovered from his injury were very impressive:
27.2 ppg
5.2 rpg
5 apg
1.5 spg
Ymakino

Postby Ymakino on Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:16 pm

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS GAME5 Utah @ Dallas Utah win 96-91

I'm alive!, i'm finding my rythim now. With Dallas you just can't get frustrated. They're going to come out and hit all their shots, but eventually they're going to start missing. I had a great first half from Calbert Cheaney who has been silent this series, Stockton got MVP for the game. Every team mate put in the effort and got the job done. Nice allround game for me. Off to Game6

Game5 Box
Ymakino

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood