My NYK Franchise

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

My NYK Franchise

Postby BenJammin on Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:03 am

I love playing franhice mode and i had no idea there were ppl out there who posted there results on a website so ive decided to do it for myself. As a Knicks fan hopfully i can do what they cant and win.
www.geocities.com/nykfranchise
Ill be more than happy to link any of your franchise or nbalive links to it.
By the way im playing it on nba live 2003, superstar, 6min quaters
BenJammin

Postby BenJammin on Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:40 pm

Ive posted my first results up thanks to those who have linked me to there sites. Tell me what ya's think
BenJammin

Postby qwezz on Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:52 am

Cool site, I'll add it to my site... Can you please add my link.
qwezz

Postby kobryant on Fri Jan 31, 2003 8:07 am

cool site, both of you. the knicks and pacers. i'll add both of your site and you can add mine.

http://www.hostultra.com/~la_lakers
kobryant

Postby BenJammin on Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:10 pm

Hey thanks for the comments ill put your links up tonight when i put on my latest results and it was a win thank god.
BenJammin

Postby skiptomylou on Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:01 am

Hey kobryant can we trade links?

www.geocities.com/skiptomystu
skiptomylou

Postby kobryant on Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:26 am

ok skiptomylou, i'll post up ur link up now in 5 minutes. just got to edit the html for it and see what team you are k.
kobryant

Postby BenJammin on Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:47 pm

Im willing to chuck some more links on my page its just no one had really contacted me. As for my franchise ive had a slow start but i finally got another win tonight and will have it uploaded somtime soon.
BenJammin

Postby hetoft on Sun Feb 02, 2003 11:01 pm

Nice site! I think the Thomas - Ratliff trade was good.
hetoft

Postby BenJammin on Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:31 pm

Ive added quite alot to my site latley alot of it is new and other text sort of things i seem to stay on that side of its content as im not the best at graphics and that sort of thing as you can see. So i guess you stick with what you know. Anyway its been a success so far as the site is concerned ive had tons of views after only been open for such a short time. As for the game i aint doing to well but ive had a few wins and im confident ill make the playoffs.
BenJammin

Nice!

Postby oboeguy on Fri Feb 07, 2003 2:44 pm

Wow, you guys have some nice sites. I wish I had time for that sort of thing. Keep it up! As a life-long Knicks fan, I'm particularly pleased to see someone putting in the effort to make the Knicks a better team. :) Good job with the Doleac trade -- he's basically 6 fouls to give and little else right now. I think you may miss Thomas' scoring, though, so I'm iffy on that trade. Don't know if I'd pull the trigger on that one.
oboeguy

Postby BenJammin on Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:43 am

Yeah i would agree with you on the Thomas trade in real life but in this game Ratliff is more suited to the way i play, most of my play comes through Spree and Houston and i have Dyess if i need to go inside also i think Thomas ratings in this game arnt as good as they should be he is much better than 81. Anyway thanks for the comments
BenJammin

Postby BenJammin on Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:11 pm

Hey ive uploaded a heap in the last two days including a new highlights gallery thanks for visiting.
BenJammin

Postby oboeguy on Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:38 pm

Hey Ben, to make those animations... do you take screenshots of a few frames in a row then put them into a GIF loop with some kind of editor? TIA.

BTW, tough loss to the Heat, there.
oboeguy

Postby Bill Russell on Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:52 pm

Cool site...
Bill Russell

Postby BenJammin on Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:58 pm

RE: GIF

Yeah thats how i did it, im not the best at doing graphic sorts of things so im kind of using this site to experiement. I only have a old basic program microsoft image composer and it does exactly what i want so im happy with that. It also has a built in basic gif animator. Ive just amde another small one its at the bottom of my page kind of a celebration on beatting the Nets.
BenJammin

Postby oboeguy on Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:08 am

Hey Ben, you may find this site useful. I haven't tried it, but it looks good.

BTW, I get script errors on your site, though it appears to render just fine.
oboeguy

Postby BenJammin on Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:01 am

Yes thanks for that site it seems fairly cool ill give it a try one day. Do you have any gifs of your own or even a franchise site?
BenJammin

Postby oboeguy on Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:42 pm

Nah, haven't played many games, to be honest. Still playing mostly SOF2 MP online. :) In any case, I had thought for a while about how to make replays, and came up with the GIF method. I didn't get around to trying it (it IS tedious, after all) but I'm glad to see that someone else did so successfully. :D

If I had the patience to play through a season (I may still) and the time / energy to maintain a site, I would. Heck, I'd even buy a domain for it. However, as I can't go all the way with it, I won't make a half-hearted effort (plus it takes away precious game time!). I'll try to keep up with yours.

Check out my post though ("help a poor no0b") to see how my hack-and-slash-simulate-all-games Knicks are doing. The goal was to see how long it would take to build the Knicks back into a winner, and it's been fun.
oboeguy

Postby BenJammin on Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:55 pm

I think the only reason i have the will to finish this season is becuase of the page. What are you doing playing SOF2 i dont know but im much more of a MOA fan or halflife on an older comp. By the way i can totally relate to your franchise probs with Houston. Everytime i sim the Lakers for some reason get the best free agents at minimum and sometime look like a team USA ( excluding this years hehe).
BenJammin

Postby BenJammin on Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:28 pm

Just had a tough win against the Mav's i expected to get my ass kicked but i guess you get some luck in a whole season. Just added a new poll interested to here what you ppl think.
BenJammin

Postby oboeguy on Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:04 pm

Dude, SOF2 online rules if you find a good server with a "Real Damage" mod.

Anyhow, tried your poll. The results window is too small to see the whole set of results on my setup, but trying to "select" the whole page with the mouse allows me to substitute for scrolling. :)

You know, I don't mean to knock on you, but you need to get that free throw % up. It could mean the difference if you're missing like 50%.
oboeguy

Postby BenJammin on Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:56 am

Hey knock all you like my ft shooting is poor i need a lot more practice. I think like in real life its a but phycalogical like some games im on fire but more than often is i miss my first few im screwed for the game.
BenJammin

Postby oboeguy on Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:39 am

The secret, as in real life, is to have a solid ritual that you do *every* time. Mine is simple: I let the horizontal ball cross the center and come back twice, and hit the button the third passage, and then for the vertical, I let it pass once and back, then hit the button the second time. Nice and easy. The entire time I focus my eyes on the target, i.e. the center -- I don't try to follow the ball with my eyes. I usually shoot 90% or better, regardless of the player or skill level (which shows you it really is psychological).
oboeguy

Postby BenJammin on Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:47 am

Yeah i have a similar technique to yours execpt i wait for it too cross twice and i do follow the ball but i will give your tips a try.
As for the site i just traded Houston and Ward away for Francis in return and it hasnt really paid off yet so i might regret it but im happy to be rid of Houstons contract.
Updated the highlights plenty more gifs and i think my screenshot photography is starting to get better. Anway im back at a .500 record and the team is in the race for the playoffs.
BenJammin

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood