My 1995-96 Dyansty

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

My 1995-96 Dyansty

Postby bulls96 on Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:21 pm

Had an idea for my Dynasty.

When i heard bout the draft class importing feature, i saw an opportunity to start my Dynasty as the Chicago Bulls back in 1995-96. I did research and rearranged my rosters to look like NBA back in 1995-96 ( Blaylock and Smith for the Hawks, Rice in NO/Charlotte, Shaq and Penny in Orlando, GP and Kemp in Seattle, Barkley and KJ with Nash in Phoenix, Kidd, Mashburn and JJ in Dallas, etc) I made sure the team ratings would more or less approximate how the teams ranked back then. Took some time but now i'm done :)

I'm in my first season now.

The main idea is i will create/edit the incoming players of 1996 Draft in March Madness, e.g. Iverson in Georgetown, etc, and somehow simulate how the drafts would be from now on.

Will try to rewrite NBA History :) my aim is to beat the Celtics' record of 11 straight NBA championships :)

My first game was against the Hawks. Smith burned me for 32 points, game was tight but i won 95-89. MJ had 30-8-6. Rodman had 15rebs.

Looked around the league and Barkley scored 42 on their first game so he's #1 in PPG as of now with 39.0 :)

will update.
bulls96

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 08, 2004 2:47 pm

Nice idea. Keep us posted. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby bulls96 on Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:10 pm

also...

I put the current big name stars who wouldn't be in the NBA before 1995-96 in the Charlotte team. This team will not be included when you go into Dyansty mode so they will not cause havoc on the Free Agency List (from my past experiences, if this wasn't done, they would get signed by other teams for the minimum, which is so unfair and unrealistic). so there i placed Duncan, Oneal, Garnett, Iverson, Franics, Pierce, Ming, Marion, etc.

For those who didn't fit in the Bobcats rosters, i had to edit them and lower their ratings. also due to the limited create-player space, had to substitute current players with same type of attributes for the past players

As for the high school phenoms, of which i will not have any control of in MM2004, i created them: Garnett, K.Bryant. due to limited space, i put Lebron as a "substitute" for McGrady.

The rosters at a glance:

Hawks
C, Laettner, Augmon, Smith, Blaylock

Celts
Burke, Walker, Gasol(Radja), Mobley (D.Brown), Billups

Chicago
you know this

Cleveland
Potapenko, T.Hill, C.Mills, SUra, T.Brandon

Dallas
Randolph(Tarpley), Boozer(P.Jones),Mashburn, J.Jackson, Kidd

Denver
Mutombo, McDyess, L.Ellis, D.Anderson(Abdur-Rauf), Pack

Detroit
Battie(Thorpe), R.Rogers(T.Mills), G.Hill, Houston, Dumars

GS
Pollard(Siekaly), J.Smith, C.Mullin,L.Spreewell,PG

Houston
Olajuwon, Horry, Elie, Drexler, Cassell

Indiana
Ilgauskus(Smits), A.Davis, Posey(D.McKey), R.Miller, M.Jackson

LA CLippers
E.Curry(B.Williams), R.Wallace(L.Vaught), L.Murray, B.Barry, A.Miller (P.Richardson)

LA Lakers
Divac, Campbell, Maggette (Ceballos), E.Jones, Van Exel
K.Bryant (6thman)Memphis

Miami
Mourning, PJ Brown, SF, Lenard, T.Hardaway

Milwaukee
C, Baker, Robinson, SG, PG

Minnesota
M.Jackson (Garrett), Gugliotta, Garnett, D.Mason(Rider), Marbury

Nets
Coleman, J.WIlliams, Jefferson (K.Gill), Kittles, K.Anderson

NO/Charlotte
C, L.Johnson, Rice, Alexander(B.Phils), S.Williams(BJ Arnstrong)

NY
Ewing, Oakley, Mason, Starks, PG

Orlando
ONeal, H.Grant, Battier(D.Scott), N,Anderson, P.hardaway
Phily
Bradley, Brand(Weatherspoon), Stackhouse, SG, PG

Phoenix
J.Williams, Barkley, Finley, J.Barry(R.Chapman), K.Johnson

Portland
Sabonis, A.Long(B.WIlliams), R.Lewis(C.Robinson), SG, R.Strickland

Sacramento
Magloire(Polynice), B.Grant, C.Williamson, Richmond, Ford(T.Edney rookie)

San Antonio
Robinson, Nesterovic (Perdue), Elliott, SG, A.Johnson

Seattle
E.Johnson, Kemp, Van Horn (Schrempf), Redd (Hawkins), Payton

Toronto
C, PF, W.Williams, Christie, Stoudamire

Utah
Ostertag, K.Malone, B.Russell, J.Hornacek, Stockton

Washington
Muresan, Webber, Howard, C.Cheaney, Maloney(M.Price)

legends in bold
created players in italic

Notes:
>players in the game are not of the same age or abilities as they were in 1995-96. This would affect how they develop in the course of the dynasty. They had to be created, edited(e.g.M.jackson), or replaced with players with similar traits
>Some of the Players here should not have been present in 95-96 (e.g. Walker in Boston, Marbury in Minnesota) but was inserted because the Bobcats rosters were full, and would rather have them there early than have them signed later on by some foreign team.
bulls96

Postby Mark. on Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:45 am

Great idea, i take it you are doing it on PS2 or Xbox??, BTW where did you find all the rosters for the old years, cos im not too clued up on them but would like to try make a patch.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby bulls96 on Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:22 pm

yup i'm using the PS2 version.

as for the research, i had the franchise histories of each team downloaded from their official sites at NBA.COM before. i just followed the player movements and put together the pieces :)

to continue...

had a great game against Charlotte/NO yesterday.

Went down the wire. Glen Rice got into foul trouble and wasnt much exposed in the game. but when he was on the court, he would hit threes with Pippen right in his face. he had about 4 3's. finished with 18. the player that killed me was S.Williams, my BJ armstrong substitute. Is it him or the game because he was pretty active offensively. He finished with 25pts.

Anyway, game was tied 102-102 with about 40 secs to go with ball in my possession. of course, i went to MJ :) i was looking to drive, and i did, and i did a pro-hop but got too deep under the basket and i hit the front rim.

Charlotte ball. 21 ticks to go. game still tied.

On their possession, i increased the pressure and was double teaming constantly anyone who had the ball. was able to double team them well but they were somehow able to pass the ball around. clock was ticking. i really didn't want to go to overtime because i had stuff to do. then with all the double teaming, finally i got Williams trapped and made him lose the ball with 3.2 secs left. I call timeout.

Of course, still went to MJ. had him get the ball at the left side.. i knew i had some time to make a dribble move before shooting. with C.Alexander/B.Phils on him, i did a good lookin stutter step, faked (he didnt bite), and did my FADEAWAY just as the buzzer sounded. ALL NET!!

I won, 104-102.

Remembered a similar gamewinner MJ had against CHA in '97 i think. The one which counted as a 3 but his foot was actually on the 3pt line right on top of the key. they won that game 103-100 :)
bulls96

Postby Mark. on Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:08 pm

Yeah i went to the team sites, but they didnt have any actual rosters for the teams, just season recaps.........
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby bulls96 on Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:08 pm

yeah. i followed the player movements thru the season recaps and just put the puzzles together to make up the rosters.
bulls96

Postby Mark. on Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:36 am

So do you have full team rosters or just the starters??
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby bulls96 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:03 am

just starters and significant bench players.

Right now I am 7-1 in my Dynasty. Second best in the league. Seattle with Kemp and co. is unbeaten so far at 4-0.

My only defeat came against the Phoenix Suns. Homecourt Suns. Their lineup was complete, no injuries yet. They had KJ, Person, Finley, Barkley amd Williams. It was a pretty tight game. Had a one pont lead going into the final seconds but I got beat by a jumpshot by Finley at the right side of the court with Pip in his face with 1.6 secs left. He did a hop-steo himself and thru the gamewinner from about 15 ft. MJ missed a fadeaway at the top of the key just inside the 3pt line. Final score 90-89. Finley was pretty prodictuve with 22 pts and 6 rebs, Barkley had a weak first half and had just 5 but finished with 21.

Last game was against Grant Hill and the Detroit Pistons. They looked real good in the 80's uniforms :) They pretty much kept the game close the first 3 quarters but i managed to pull away from them in the final minutes. I won 102-89. MJ had 32 pts (14-30 FG) 4 rebs and 7 assts, while holding Houston to 13 points on 33%FG. Rodman had 19rebs :) Grant Hill led the way for Detroit with 28 ptsand 5 rebs 2 assts 1 stl 1 blk. Dumars helped keep the game close with 16pts. Hunter had 10 off the bench for Detroit.

Other notes from around the league:
>Jordan now leads the circuit with 31.1ppg. He is second in FTA/game with about 9 a game.
>Rodman leads the rebounding battle by a mile. He is averaging 17.0rppg (7 off the offensive boards, another NBA-best) The next competitor is the Nets' Jayson Williams with 13.3 rpg.
>Payton leads the league in assists (8.8apg) and steals per game (2.6spg)
>Mutombo leads the league in blocks with 4.1 a game.
>The LA Clippers had a surprisingly strong start, starting 5-0. They had a pretty balanced attack with all 5 starters averaging in double figures. However, they have lost 3 straight are currently 5-3. Another surprise is Golden State. They are now 5-3 also, with Spreewell getting loose for about 27ppg.
>Player of the Month: East - Stoudamire (22ppg 6apg) West - Karl Malone (30ppg 11rpg) Rookies: McGrady in the East and Sabonis in the West.
bulls96

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood