Altering Fate [50-32] | End of regular season - onto Miami!

This section is for basketball video game story threads. Dynasty, Franchise, Association, MyPLAYER and Rising Star stories are all welcome here.

Altering Fate [50-32] | End of regular season - onto Miami!

Postby cavs4872 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Settings

Mode: Start Today (March 14, 2018)
    Quarters: 12 min.
    League Expansion: Off (I'll control)
    Protected Players: 8
    Rule Changes: Off (may play with this later down the road)
    Use Roster Injuries: On
    Difficulty: Hall of Fame
    Draft Class: Official NBA Draft Updates (NBA2kCreationz) [PS4]

Roster

Starting Lineup

ImageImageImageImageImage

PG | Jordan Clarkson
    SG | Rodney Hood
    SF | LeBron James
    PF | Kevin Love
    C | Tristan Thompson

Bench

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Larry Nance Jr.
    George Hill
    Jeff Green
    Kyle Korver
    J.R. Smith
    Cedi Osman
    Jose Calderon
    Anderson Varejao

IR

ImageImageImage

Ante Zizic
    John Holland
    London Perrantes

Index

Last edited by cavs4872 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Image It's a race to the finish between my two Cavs stories!: 2K18 | 09: The Inside
cavs4872

Re: Altering Fate - A 2K18 Cleveland Cavaliers Story

Postby cavs4872 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:17 pm

Amid injury bug, Cavs sign Varejao to a 10-day
March 15, 2018

Varejao in his 2007 stint with Cleveland.

Cleveland, Ohio (AP) -- As the Cavs ready for a match against the red-hot Blazers, they are severely lacking in depth in the frontcourt. Kevin Love remains out with a broken hand, and Tristan Thompson is still recovering from an ankle injury, and the Cavs aren't ready to play him yet at the risk of re-aggravating it. Enter Anderson Varejao, a name perhaps even more beloved to the Cavaliers organization than those two previous players, who brought Cleveland their first title in 2016. Varejao helped power the Cavaliers to a title run of their own in 2007 (ultimately falling short to the San Antonio Spurs), and he nearly became an All-Star in 2013, averaging 14/14 in the post-LeBron era.

----------------------------

AROUND THE NBA
:arrow: Hornets sign Bosh to a 1 yr deal, scores 30 in debut
:arrow: Silver discusses tanking, potential expansion team in 2018
Image It's a race to the finish between my two Cavs stories!: 2K18 | 09: The Inside
cavs4872

Re: Altering Fate - A 2K18 Cleveland Cavaliers Story

Postby cavs4872 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Cavs role players lead balanced charge in Portland
March 15, 2018

Cleveland, Ohio (AP) -- Larry Nance's career night helped the Cavaliers fend off CJ McCollum and the pesky Blazers; he had 27 points (2 three's :shock:), 11 rebounds and 6 steals, but he was not alone as Ante Zizic stepped up huge in the middle for the Cavs, with his own double-double of 19 points and 12 boards on an efficient 9-11 shooting.

The only Cavalier who really had a bad night was Jeff Green, who was taking good shots but just couldn't find the mark all night long.

The Blazers lead by as many as 15 in the first half, but the Cavs later claimed a 16-point lead of their own.

The Cavs will carry their two-game win streak into Chicago Saturday night for a matchup against the lowly Bulls.

Pat Connaughton: big shot maker.
Box Score
[Cavs]
[Blazers]

Injury Report
+ Cedi Osman: Bruised Right Hip (DTD)
+ Kevin Love: Broken Right Hand (DTD)
+ Tristan Thompson: Sore Right Ankle (DTD)

phpBB [video]

:!: 7:56 - Play of the Game
cavs4872

Altering Fate - A 2K18 Cleveland Cavaliers Story [41-29] | @ CHI, VS. MIL

Postby cavs4872 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:09 am

Cavaliers handle Bulls in Chicago in Love's return
Cleveland 111 @ Chicago 95
March 17, 2018

Cleveland, Ohio (AP) -- Chicago led 32-24 to close out the first quarter, but it was all Cavs the rest of the way, as LeBron had his 70th career triple-double. Anderson Varejao snared 8 points, 6 rebounds, 4 blocks and a steal in 26 minutes in what may likely be his only appearance as a Cavalier this season; his 10-day contract is due to expire March 25, and with the return of Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson's return imminent, they are unlikely to bring him back. Love had 13 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists.

LeBron James: 32 pts, 11 reb, 10 ast
Zach LaVine: 18 pts, 5 reb, 7 ast

ESPN

Giannis sinks Cavs with buzzer-beating three
Milwaukee 114 @ Cleveland 113
March 19, 2018

Cleveland, Ohio (AP) -- Jordan Clarkson has looked nice as he has quietly taken the Cavaliers starting point guard job from George Hill, but Antetokounmpo's Bucks were too much for LeBron in Cleveland. The Bucks were able to erase a 59-72 halftime deficit to win this one. Giannis saved the day on a desperation heave after a botched pass by Eric Bledsoe. The Cavaliers ready for an even stronger Eastern Conference foe in conference-best Toronto at the Q on Wednesday... ECF preview?

Giannis Antetokounmpo: 24 pts, 8 reb, 6 ast, 3 stl, 3 blk
Khris Middleton: 19 pts, 5 reb, 4 ast

LeBron James: 31 pts, 7 reb, 9 ast
Kevin Love: 18 pts, 10 reb
Jordan Clarkson: 17 pts, 4 reb, 4 ast

ESPN
cavs4872

Altering Fate - A 2K18 Cleveland Cavaliers Story | V.S. Toronto

Postby cavs4872 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:48 am

Cavs show out in dunk contest vs. Raptors
March 21, 2018

The King powered the Cavs past the Raptors.

Cleveland, Ohio (AP) -- And on this very night, Jonas Valanciunas was posterized by four Cleveland Cavaliers players, and twice by LeBron James; Larry Nance, Tristan Thompson and Rodney Hood were also able to get in his grill on their assault of the rim.

DeMar DeRozan did his best in trying to carry the 52-20, East-best Raptors, but he just wasn't as efficient as he needed to be.

The Cavaliers will host the Suns next after embarking on a three-game road skid which will take them to Brooklyn, Miami and Charlotte.

Box Scores
[Cleveland]
[Toronto]

Photos

LeBron James showed a continuous assault of the rim, Rodney Hood stuffs one over Valunciunas, while the bright lights were perhaps too much for DMDR's Raptors.

Highlights (and oh, were there plenty)

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Next: V.S. Image [19-53]
cavs4872

End of regular season

Postby cavs4872 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Every time I want to start my NBA 09 dynasty, my mind tells me to do this instead...

Cavs finish season 8-3; lock into 1st round vs. Heat

Cleveland, Ohio (AP) -- The Cleveland Cavaliers will open the 2018 NBA Playoffs with a first round matchup as the three seed vs. the #6 Miami Heat, the team LeBron James won his first two championships with. Having brought in Anderson Varejao to round out their playoffs roster, the Cavs will enter the playoffs with an injury-free lineup, while the Miami Heat will likely be without Dwyane Wade for the entirety of the playoffs with an ankle sprain; Game 1 will be April 13th in Cleveland.

Round 1 Guide:

AROUND THE LEAGUE
:arrow: Cavs bring on Anderson Varejao to round out playoff roster at 14
:arrow: Harden claims MVP
cavs4872

Return to Basketball Video Game Stories