98-99 Celtics MyLeague Begins....

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

98-99 Celtics MyLeague Begins....

Postby Stildo33 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:58 am

I am going to take you on a journey back through time. This is a time when a new hope had been brought back to Boston. I wanted to play through Paul Pierce's career in Myleague, so I figured why not do it beginning with the 98-99 season. Danny Ainge was brought in much sooner to revamp the franchise....

1) I found this download online a good year ago or so. No idea who made it, but someone deserves the credit. If you know that person or are that person, please let me know so I can give credit where credit is due. I do want to give credit to Dee4Three on some of the player models and the portraits. I actually reinstalled 2k17 and only used his MOD to build on whoever started this mod originally. If there is anyone else's work in here, please let me know and I will add in the credits.

2) I actually started with the 97-98 season as that is what the mod originally was. However, I simmed a season so I could start with Paul Pierce. I then used the roster the Celtics had that season. The other thing I wanted to happen was not have certain players and their teams fall apart because they hated management (98 Bulls for example). So, I extended those contracts to see how long those guys would stick together and how dominant they may or may not be. I am going to let it play out naturally for the most part going forward.

3) My long-term goal is to eventually assemble the '08 Celtics as that was one of my favorite teams ever. In order to do this, I might have to part ways with some guys sooner. I did sign PJ Brown in the off-season as we need PF/C help in a serious way in order to win now. Also traded for Michael Cage to get some RB help.

4) I was able to trade 3 1st round picks, Barros, Mercer, for Ray Allen (and some toss in stuff). I can post a video if anyone wants on the trade. I was excited to be able to hang on to Walker. I can hopefully use him later if needed. He was always "video game" fun. I also traded some scraps away to Toronto so I could bring in Dee Brown.

Leave some comments and I'll see what I can come up with! Happy to make a video of the trade in myleague. I also leave the difficulty setting on 90 for that as well. Would love suggestions on if this is too high or not.
Last edited by Stildo33 on Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K17 by Andrew on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:46 am.
Stildo33

Re: 98-99 Celtics MyLeague Begins....

Postby Stildo33 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:01 am

Game 2 highlights after we just got DRILLED by 30 points against the Pistons in game 1 of the season. Walker went nuts in this 2OT thriller including a game-tying three at the end of regulation!

phpBB [video]
Stildo33

Re: 98-99 Celtics MyLeague Begins....

Postby Stildo33 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Thanks Ball3r! Kinda figured with no comments, nobody was paying attention haha. Guess I should put together some more! I am 7-8 games in season now.
Stildo33

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood