SWIIISH | Lazy 2018-19 Regular Season Recap

This section is for basketball video game story threads. Dynasty, Franchise, Association, MyPLAYER and Rising Star stories are all welcome here.

Re: SWIISH | BLAZERS WIN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP

Postby Phil89 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Congrats on the championship man. That was one hell of a season (Y)

Will you be able to keep this team together and compete again next season?
My Stories
Live 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2k13 - Wizards / 2k15 - Sixers / 2k16 - Sixers 2k17 - Suns
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:07 am

Thanks man! I think this is the first time I've actually won it all in a story where I didn't just sim all the games.

I actually played all of the following season.. With this section being pretty dead, I'll probably do a tl;dr recap of the off-season and 19-20 season. So stay tuned I guess!
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:11 am

Damn, I go on exam induced hiatus for a month and you won a title already! Congrats dude and damn, def revenge for 92 huh? :applaud:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Phil89 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:46 pm

Lamrock wrote:Thanks man! I think this is the first time I've actually won it all in a story where I didn't just sim all the games.

I actually played all of the following season.. With this section being pretty dead, I'll probably do a tl;dr recap of the off-season and 19-20 season. So stay tuned I guess!

Sounds good. Hopefully you can defend your title.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:16 am

From here on out, I'll do three recaps per season: one for off-season, one for regular season and one for post-season. Here is the 2018 off-season in review.

2018 OFFSEASON

After winning the 2017-18 championship rather easily, with a 70-12 regular season and 16-3 playoff run, GM Lyman Witherspoon opted not to reinvent the wheel. While Jonathan Simmons, Noah Vonleh and JaVale McGee were let go, Portland added guard Malcolm Brogdon in free agency and center Ivica Zubac through a trade with the Lakers. Furthermore, promising swingman Troy Brown Jr. fell to the Blazers early in the second round.

This draft has been compared to the legendary 1984, 1996 and 2003 drafts. Indeed, the first four picks, DeAndre Ayton (WAS), Luka Doncic (SAC), Michael Porter Jr. (ATL) and Ryan Kent (SEA) are all expected to be perennial all-stars.. The Lakers, hoping to finally return to the post-season, acquired Thunder center Steven Adams on draft night.

There is a lot of optimism that the Clippers, with Durant, Griffin and a healthy Chris Paul, could be a threat to win it all this season. However, they'll have to do it without DeAndre Jordan who signed with the Kansas City Knights for a shit load of money. Carmelo, finally not saddled by La La, was able to follow his dreams and sign with the Sacramento Kings... LaMarcus Aldridge left the Spurs after three seasons to sign with the Orlando Magic, because why not.

Running back last year's team for the most part, the Blazers are favored to win it all again. However, the Clippers, Warriors, Lakers - maybe even the Spooky Wolves, have them in their sights. And then in the East there's always LeBron and the Cavs, as well as the Bulls (now with Pat Beverley), Sixers and Bucks.

2018-19 Portland Trail Blazers

PG - Damian Lillard
SG - C.J. McCollum
SF - Al-Farouq Aminu
PF - Harry Giles
C - Rudy Gobert

F/G - Evan Turner
F/C - Zach Randolph
G - Malcolm Brogdon
C - Thomas Bryant
C - Ivica Zubac
G/F Troy Brown Jr. (R)
G - Shabazz Napier
F/G - Pat Connaughton
G - Aaron Brooks
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:04 pm

So going for that quick fire blitz through the seasons huh? Good luck on the title defense! (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Phil89 on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Seems like a decent off-season. Brogdon should provide more offensive firepower off the bench than Simmons did.

At least you only have to worry about 3 all-stars on the Clippers now :wink:
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:29 am

Nice pun...

2018-19 REGULAR SEASON

The Trail Blazers entered the 2018-19 season as overwhelming favorites to repeat as champions. They backed that up with a dominant opening night win over the Chicago Bulls, in which they received their rings. Aside from a disappointing home loss to the Cavs, Portland was dominant in the month of November. However, injuries would put a damper on things. First, Rudy Gobert went down with a knee injury. Then, McCollum hurt his ankle. Both starters missed several games, but the team remained at the top of the standings.

Evan Turner and Thomas Bryant would miss significant time as well, but Portland wasn't far off its 70 win pace by the all-star break. Damian Lillard made the all-star team, but disappointingly, Harry Giles did not make it, despite averages of 19 and 10 as the second option on the best team in the league... Notably, rookies Ryan Kent (more on him later) of Seattle and Michael Porter Jr. of Atlanta made the all-star team. Other first-timers included Markelle Fultz, Kris Dunn (!) and Jahlil Okafor. Inexplicably, Derrick Rose made the team as well.

Gobert went down AGAIN in March, but should return for the first round of the playoffs. Ivica Zubac took over the starting role, as Thomas Bryant was useless, somehow shooting only 35% from the field as a Center. Portland would struggle down the stretch, losing five in a row. However, they ended up finishing the season on a six game winning streak to hold off Golden State for the #1 overall seed, and post an excellent 64-18 record.

:arrow: Damian Lillard wasn't as efficient as last season - not only missing out on MVP, but also on any of the all-NBA teams. Between this and all-star snubs for Giles and McCollum... is there an anti-Blazers bias in the media?

:arrow: Seattle narrowly missed the playoffs, but rookie Ryan Kent looked like the second coming of Jordan, averaging over 30 points per game! However, this may have something to do with their coach playing all their starters 48 minutes per game, barring injuries and fouling out. He may be fired this season...

:arrow: Steph Curry reclaimed his MVP crown, and led his Warriors to a 60 win season. Can he get them past Portland this year, with a roster that doesn't seem to be that much better than last year's?

:arrow: Kent took home rookie of the year, but a dozen rookies averaged double digit scoring. The top four (Ayton, Doncic, Porter, Kent) all appear headed for superstardom.

:arrow: Chicago missed the playoffs - R.I.P. Hoiball. Entering the post-season, Portland, Golden State, Cleveland and Washington appear to be the top title contenders.

UP NEXT:

1 Portland (64-18) vs. 8 Memphis (40-42)
Lamrock

Previous

Return to Basketball Video Game Stories