Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 2018 NBA Champions! + Retirees + Draft Lottery)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (13-12)

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:57 am

Just started to read this today, your storytelling as a form of news headlines is amazing! Nice record for an expansion team. Solid squad also, I hope you can keep this nice balance of prospects & veterans in your future seasons.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Valor wrote:David Stockton, new starting quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks :lol: What a throw

Good job locking up Bogut on a cheap (in today's market) deal. You guys are looking very solid (Y)

Something he will have to consider when his NBL contract has expired.

I'm going to try and pay everyone else, but I thought Bogut's contract was suitable because it's about as much as Boban is making and I'm ultimately looking to make him the starting centre in about season 3 or 4 (if I make it that far).

Phil89 wrote:Nicholsanity! It's always a nice surprise when a role player suddenly starts playing like a star. Hope it continues (Y)

Your off-season should be fun with all that cap room.

I hope so too. I had an offline association in 2K15 with the Magic, so I'm quite familiar with his game. He was also a gun Bronze card in 2K16.

It will be interesting. I'm looking forward to the trade deadline first.

Lamrock wrote:Lotta cap space. You gonna try to bring KD back to Seattle?

Does he have a player option in Golden State? I'll have to check that out.

I wasn't thinking about getting him back, but I wouldn't say no if he wasn't available. I was looking at players like Gordon Hayward and Andre Iguodala more.

I hate Mondays wrote:Just started to read this today, your storytelling as a form of news headlines is amazing! Nice record for an expansion team. Solid squad also, I hope you can keep this nice balance of prospects & veterans in your future seasons.

Thank you! I was looking for something easy for me while I was studying. I'm glad you think it's effective.

I have a tendency to stack my teams with veterans, but I'll try and get a better balance this time around.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Thrown in the Deep End

With both Mills and Livingston out, the Sonics were forced to start David Stockton against the Sacramento Kings. Although the game was a resounding 116-97 loss, Stockton continued to show that he’s one of the most improved players in the league, registering 13 points and 11 assists.

Andrew Nicholson (19) and Chris Andersen (17) also had strong performances for the short-handed Sonics, but surprising performances from the Kings role players caught the Sonics off guard. Among the standouts was Garrett Temple, who registered a career high 23 points.

K-Mart Makes Sonics History Against the Magic

Kevin Martin forged his name into Sonics history during the 115-110 win against the Magic. K-Mart became the first player for the Sonics since the reformation to complete a 4-point play. He ended up with a season high 22 points.

It was a strong game for the Sonics backcourt, with Arron Afflalo and David Stockton both scoring 23 points each. Andrew Nicholson also continued his run of double-digit scoring games with 15 points.

Reinforcements Arrive

After lengthy stints on the sidelines, Amir Johnson and Shaun Livingston both had great return games in the 131-101 blowout against the Pistons. Off the bench, Johnson added 21 points, while Livingston had 18 points and 11 assists, including a perfect night from both the field (5-5) and the charity stripe (8-8).

Despite having great games, Johnson and Livingston face an uphill battle to earn spots in the starting lineup, since Andrew Nicholson (25 points, 8 rebounds) and David Stockton (16 points) were both instrumental in the win as well.

Rotation Dilemma Continues Against Wizards

The fierce competition for the Sonics’ starting power forward spot on display in Seattle’s 110-103 win over Washington, with both Amir Johnson and Andrew Nicholson leading the way for the Sonics. Johnson ended up with 24 points and 6 rebounds on the night, while Andrew Nicholson had 18 points and 8 rebounds.

Outside of the power forward rotation, Nick Young (15) was effective, along with Arron Afflalo (13), David Stockton (12 points, 8 assists) and Vince Carter (10)

The Andrews Dominate the Pacers

The 103-85 win against the Pacers proved to be a good night for players named Andrew. Nicholson (26 points, 10 rebounds) and Bogut (18 points, 10 rebounds) both had excellent games in the post.

Boban Marjanovic also proved to be a key player in the paint, with 11 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists off the bench. Wilson Chandler also added 11, while David Stockton kept up his run of form with 10 points and 11 assists.

Last 5 Games

SAC: 116-97 L
@ORL: 115-110 W
DET: 131-101 W
@WAS: 110-103 W
IND: 103-85 W

Overall: 17-13

Injury List

Patrick Mills – Twisted Left Ankle – Day-to-day (Hurt)

Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (17-13)

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Good to see the Andrews leading the way against the Pacers! Stockton seemingly has a chance to become a really good story in his own right.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:26 pm

I fail to see how that's a four point play :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:13 pm

Andrew wrote:Good to see the Andrews leading the way against the Pacers! Stockton seemingly has a chance to become a really good story in his own right.

The Andrews are quietly the most consistent performers on the team at the moment. And I'm finding Stockton really interesting. There's that whole angle of him being a second generation player that intrigues me. Too bad Gary Payton isn't in the game.

Valor wrote:I fail to see how that's a four point play :P

I had the play saved, but I guess it got deleted when I did the massive clear out. Oh well, it wasn't particularly interesting anyway.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:22 pm

Monumental Comeback Falls Short

The Sonics outscored the Blazers 37-20 to mount an incredible comeback attempt. Unfortunately the dynamic duo of C.J. McCollum and Damian Lillard proved to be too much, as they eventually led the Blazers to a 111-103 win. McCollum ended up with 38, while Lillard had 27 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists.

Andrew Nicholson and Amir Johnson led the Sonics once again, with 28 and 18 respectively. Andrew Bogut proved to be a dominant presence in the paint, with 17 points, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks. However, along with leaking too many points, the Sonics backcourt was unable to fire on the offensive end.

Inconsistent Rhythm Against the Jazz

Andrew Nicholson and David Stockton led the Sonics to a 114-106 victory against the Jazz. Both players scored 21 points each. Stockton also added 10 assists to his impressive point tally.

Wilson Chandler (16 points) and Nick Young (15 points) proved to be effective from the small forward position, while Andrew Bogut (13 points, 6 rebounds) and Boban Marjanovic (10 points, 8 rebounds) admirably held down the centre position.

However, despite having momentum from the previous game, the Sonics fell just short against the Jazz in their Christmas day game, going down 100-97. Nick Young had the chance to send the game into OT, but was unable to hit the contested three from the wing.

The Jazz were led by Gordon Hayward, who had 20 points off 8-18 shooting. Boris Diaw registered a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds, while point guards George Hill (14 points, 8 assists) and Raul Neto (10 points, 3 assists) ran the offense effectively.

The Sonics had 5 players in double digits, led by Wilson Chandler who scored 23. Andrew Nicolson (20 points, 12 rebounds) continued his meteoric rise with another impressive performance, while Arron Afflalo (12 points), David Stockton (11 points, 10 assists) and Nick Young (10 points) all had meaningful contributions.

Seasonal Woes Continue in Canada

The Sonics came incredibly close to beating the Raptors on Boxing Day. Andrew Nicholson had a three to win it, but ultimately came up short in his home country. Nicholson ended up leading the team with 22 points and 7 rebounds, while Wilson Chandler (19 points, Arron Afflalo (16 points) and Nick Young (10 points) all scored in double figures.

Nicholson Sets Franchise Record Against Bucks

Andrew Nicholson’s 50 against the Bucks led the Sonics to a 118-113 win in Milwaukee. His outing smashed Arron Afflalo’s previous mark of 39, set just under a month ago. You can watch the highlight video of Nicholson’s career night here.

Other meaningful contributions for the Sonics included Arron Afflalo and Wilson Chandler, who both scored 17 each, and Shaun Livingston (10 points).

Patty Wants That Seahawks QB Job

phpBB [video]

Just when you thought David Stockton was safe when it comes to having the speculator of the season, Patty Mills threw up this stunner after stealing the ball from fellow Aussie Matthew Dellavedova.

A Strong Finish to 2016

Patty Mills returned to the starting lineup in the 115-107 win against the Knicks, and it’s fair to say that he might be there to stay. Mills scored a team high 32 points off 9-19 shooting.

Wilson Chandler (22 points) and Arron Afflalo (15 points) both had solid games from the wings, while Shaun Livingston appeared to be comfortable as the backup shooting guard. He added 11 off the bench. Andrew Nicholson had a night abbreviated by foul trouble, but still managed 10 points and 7 rebounds.

With that win the Sonics ended 2016 with a record of 20-16.

Last 6 Games

@POR: 111-103 L
UTA: 114-107 W
@UTA: 100-97 L
@TOR: 95-93 L
@MIL: 118-113 W
NYK: 115-107 W

Overall: 20-16

Injury List

There are no injuries at the moment!
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:24 pm

Welcome to 2017!

With 2016 behind us, let’s look at how the rest of the league is panning out.

There are no real surprises with the Warriors and Cavaliers topping their respective conferences, but the Bucks and Knicks have improved immensely from the 2015-2016 season. Both expansion teams are also appearing to be factors in the current playoff race.

West

GSW 29-8
SA 26-10
POR 24-10
OKC 22-14
LAC 20-14
MIN 20-14
SEA 20-16
MEM 17-15
---
HOU 17-16
DEN 16-15
NOP 16-17
DAL 15-19
UTA 14-20
LAL 12-21
PHO 10-23
SAC 8-25

East

CLE 23-9
MIL 21-15
NYK 18-13
ATL 18-14
BAL 17-13
BOS 19-16
TOR 18-17
WAS 17-17
---
DET 16-19
IND 15-19
CHI 14-21
BKN 14-21
CHA 14-22
PHI 11-23
MIA 11-23
ORL 11-24

League Leaders

[HOU] James Harden 32
[POR] C.J. McCollum 27.5
[GSW] Kevin Durant 26.9
[GSW] Stephen Curry 26.8
[POR] Damian Lillard 25.4

Rebounds

[LAC] DeAndre Jordan 16.6
[UTA] Rudy Gobert 13.6
[TOR] Jonas Valanciunas 13.2
[MIA] Hassan Whiteside 13
[SAC] DeMarcus Cousins 12.8

Assists

[DET] Ish Smith 8.6
[CLE] LeBron James 8.3
[WAS] John Wall 8.3
[OKC] Victor Oladipo 7.8
[DET] Reggie Jackson 7.6

Steals

[CLE] LeBron James 3.1
[WAS] John Wall 2.8
[SA] Kawhi Leonard 2.7
[TOR] Kyle Lowry 2.5
[OKC] Victor Oladipo 2.4

Blocks

[LAC] DeAndre Jordan 3.1
[MIA] Hassan Whiteside 2.4
[SEA] Andrew Bogut 2.3
[ORL] Serge Ibaka 2.2
[DAL] Salah Mejri 2.1

PER

[HOU] James Harden 31.3
[MIN] Karl-Anthony Towns 29
[CLE] LeBron James 27.7
[GSW] Kevin Durant 27.6
[SAN] Kawhi Leonard 27.3
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (20-16)

Postby Kenny on Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Sonics Start New Year Strong

The Sonics brought in the new year with a 119-95 win against the Mavericks. Andrew Nicholson started the year the way he ended 2016, with 26 points and 8 rebounds.

Nick Young (18 points) and Patty Mills (17 points, 11 assists) provided a great spark on the perimeter, and Andrew Bogut (14 points, 13 rebounds) locked down the middle. Arron Afflalo and Shaun Livingston had minor contributions with 11 and 10 respectively.

Carter Ignites Stagnant Offense in Narrow Loss

The Sonics looked out of the game against the Cavaliers until Vince Carter was introduced into the game. In just 19 minutes, Vince Carter tore up the Cavs with 21 points. But Carter wasn’t the only deep bench player to make an impact, as Jodie Meeks added 11 points off 4-5 from the field. Amir Johnson also provided a spark off the bench, with 10 points and 5 rebounds. In a game dominated by the Sonics’ bench, Andrew Nicholson (19 points) was the only starting player to make a significant impact offensively.

However, the Sonics’ bench could not dethrone the King. LeBron James was one rebound off a triple-double, with 26 points, 9 rebounds and 10 assists. He was excellently supported by Kyrie Irving (18 points), Tristan Thompson (16 points, 14 rebounds), J.J. Hickson (15 points, 10 rebounds) and J.R. Smith (14 points).

Afflalo Wins the Battle, Rockets Win the Game

There was an entertaining battle at shooting guard in the Sonics’ 107-104 loss against the Rockets. Arron Afflalo outscored James Harden 35-27, but the Rockets had more double-digit scorers, with Eric Gordon (16 points), Trevor Ariza (14 points), Patrick Beverley (11 points), Nene (10 points) and Ryan Anderson (10 points) all contributing on the offensive end.

For the Sonics, the Andrews both registered double-doubles. Nicholson had 19 points and 10 rebounds, while Bogut tallied 11 points and 11 rebounds. Despite their solid performances, the Sonics didn't have the same variety on offense as the Rockets, as Nick Young was the only other double-digit scorer with 10 points off the bench.

Loss Compounded By Nicholson Injury

Andrew Nicholson went down in the Sonics’ 117-112 loss to the Utah Jazz. It was later confirmed that Nicholson sustained broken ribs after contesting a Rudy Gobert layup and will be out 1-2 weeks.

With Nicholson out, Andrew Bogut stepped up with 19 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks. Amir Johnson also played a significant role in keeping the game close, with 14 points off the bench. Arron Afflalo, Shaun Livingston and Patty Mills all scored 13 points each, while Boban Marjanovic (12 points, 11 rebounds) and Wilson Chandler (10) also had minor contributions.

Despite a solid all-round effort by the Sonics, they were unable to contain Raul Neto (23 points, 10 assists) and Rodney Hood (22 points). Gordon Hayward (17 points) and George Hill (14 points) also contributed, while Rudy Gobert (10 points, 16 rebounds) was solid in the paint.

Franchise Records Tumble Against Rockets

Arron Afflalo surpassed Andrew Nicholson’s franchise record in the Sonics’ 127-89 blowout of the Houston Rockets. Following up on his 35-point effort from the previous week, AAA scorched James Harden for 53 points off 17-31 shooting from the field.

Patty Mills had no problem deferring to Afflalo, dishing off 18 assists, which in turn broke the previous record of 14 set by David Stockton. Mills, along with Wilson Chandler, also added 15 points. Andrew Bogut (13 points, 9 rebounds) was close to a double-double, while Shaun Livingston ended up with 12 points off the bench.

The see highlights from Arron Afflalo’s 53-point performance, click here.

Last 5 Games

@DAL: 119-95 W
CLE: 108-105 L
@HOU: 107-104 L
UTA: 117-112 L
@HOU: 127-89 W

Overall: 22-19

Injury List

Andrew Nicholson – Broken Ribs – 1-2 Weeks (Out)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (22-19)

Postby Phil89 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:09 pm

Nicholsanity and Arron Afflalgoat are beasting! It's a shame that Nicholson got injured.

You've got this team playing some good basketball right now. Even those last few losses were only by 8 points or less. Keep it up (Y)
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:42 am

Afflalo is going off - you just love those former Nuggets, don't you? :)
Lamrock

Postby Kenny on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:03 pm

Phil89 wrote:Nicholsanity and Arron Afflalgoat are beasting! It's a shame that Nicholson got injured.

You've got this team playing some good basketball right now. Even those last few losses were only by 8 points or less. Keep it up (Y)

Definitely some unlucky breaks here and there. Could probably be a top tier team if it wasn't for those close losses. But yeah, I'm kind of enjoying being mediocre at this stage :lol:

Lamrock wrote:Afflalo is going off - you just love those former Nuggets, don't you? :)

Oh yeah, absolutely. Particularly if they were players on the NBA Live 10 Nuggets team. Lots of good memories there and I tend to know their games pretty well.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:05 pm

Sonics Narrowly Miss Upset Win

With under a minute remaining and trailing by two, Nick Young missed the corner three that would have put the Sonics up. From there the Warriors held onto the lead from the free throw line and ultimately get the 114-109 win.

It seemed like Steph Curry and Kevin Durant were competing for the top-scorer accolade. Both of them ended up with 37 points each, but Curry’s 11 assists led him to picking up the MVP honours on the night. Zaza Pachulia (13 points, 12 rebounds) played an excellent supporting role, while Klay Thompson was under par with 10 points off 3-9 shooting.

The Sonics had plenty of offensive firepower of their own. Patty Mills scored 24, while Boban Marjanovic and Amir Johnson picked up 21 each. Arron Afflalo (15 points) and Nick Young (12 points) were also effective for stretches, but no one could contain the superstar combo of Curry and Durant.

Sonics Handle the Heat in Miami

The Sonics easily accounted for the Heat, winning 112-100. Patty Mills was the top scorer with 27 points to go with 9 assists. Wilson Chandler and Amir Johnson (11 rebounds) provided great support for Mills, with 19 and 18 repectively, while Jodie Meeks (14 points) and Arron Afflalo (12 points) also had minor contributions.

Sonics Hold On Against The Bucks

The Sonics came away with a 95-92 win after Michael Carter-Williams missed the game-tying three. The Bucks point guard had plenty of practice during the game, as he hit 4 from a career high 13 attempts.

Amir Johnson stepped up once again for the Sonics, with 26 points and 13 rebounds. He also provided a great defensive presence in the paint, with 3 steals and a block. Patty Mills (16 points, 10 assists) and Andrew Bogut (15 points, 10 rebounds) both registered double-doubles, while Arron Afflalo scored 15.

Boban Blocks Visiting Thunder

The Thunder’s first visit to Seattle was met by a Boban block party, which led to a 102-95 for the Sonics. Marjanovic was one block away from a triple-double, with 17 points, 12 rebounds and 9 blocks. Even though Westbrook top scored with 41 points, Marjanovic’s presence in the paint proved to be the main difference between the two teams.

Along with Marjanovic, Patty Mills and Wilson Chandler both scored 17 points each. Arron Afflalo added 15 and Amir Johnson had 14 points and 9 rebounds on the night.

Winning Streak Halted in Brooklyn

The Nets stunned the Sonics with a 117-109 win. The Sonics looked to have the game in the bag early with a 35-22 first quarter. But the Nets rallied back in the 4th quarter thanks to Caris LeVert and Brook Lopez. Both players ended up with 25 points.

For the Sonics, Patty Mills was impressive with 29 points off 9-19 from the field. Wilson Chandler (15 points) and Amir Johnson (14 points, 9 rebounds) played significant roles on offense, while Boban Marjanovic (12 points, 8 rebounds) and Andrew Bogut (10 points, 12 rebounds) were solid at the centre position.

Last 5 Games

GSW: 114-109 L
@MIA: 112-100 W
MIL: 95-92 W
OKC: 102-95 W
@BKN: 117-109 L

Overall: 25-21

Injury List

Andrew Nicholson – Broken Ribs – Day-to-day (Hurt)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:06 pm

Patty Signs Extension Deal

Patty Mills is set to be with the Sonics long term after signing a 3yr/$29.78M extension.

Mills is currently enjoying a breakout year with the expansion franchise, averaging a career high 17 points and 7.7 assists from 27.2 minutes of play.

In other contract extension news, it appears at this stage that Shaun Livingston is also willing to stay with the Sonics long term.

Welcome to Seattle, Tony Snell!

The Seattle Supersonics made their first trade since their reformation, sending Jodie Meeks to Chicago for Tony Snell. The deal also includes a pick swap in 2018, with the Sonics having the ability to give the worst pick to the Bulls.

What the Bulls get: Chicago is ranked 19th in 3-point percentage at 34.3%. Even though he's having the worst season of his career from the perimeter, the signing of Jodie Meeks could potentially bolster the Bulls' perimeter shooting. It’s not a big risk for the Bulls if Meeks doesn't live up to this expectation, since he's on an expiring contract.

What the Sonics get: At this stage, it’s unlikely that Tony Snell will crack the rotation. However, he is a guy that has been touted as having a lot of defensive potential. A change of scenery could be just what Snell needs to make his name in the NBA. If not, he’s also on an expiring contract.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (25-21 + #BestTradeOnThePlanet)

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:59 pm

#BestTradeOnThePlanet indeed!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:34 am

Wait what? Tony Snell?! :eh: :-o :shock: :crazyeyes: :doh: :facepalm2:
Brb, throwing up.

Love how you gave him KD's old jersey though, nice subtle shot there; and well, if JR Smith defends him every possession Snell's gonna average 50 for you :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Phil89 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:52 pm

Damn, Boban makes Kanter look tiny :shock:

Good job signing Patty up for another 3 years. He's earned it.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:25 pm

Andrew wrote:#BestTradeOnThePlanet indeed!

It'll be the worst Bulls trade since they gave up LaMarcus Aldridge ;)

Valor wrote:Wait what? Tony Snell?! :eh: :-o :shock: :crazyeyes: :doh: :facepalm2:
Brb, throwing up.

Love how you gave him KD's old jersey though, nice subtle shot there; and well, if JR Smith defends him every possession Snell's gonna average 50 for you :lol:

It got me my PSN trophy... plus I love acquiring misfits and turning them into productive players. So, we'll see.

The best part is definitely the 35 jersey. It wasn't even intentional on my part, it was just the jersey that was assigned to him, which I thought was great.

Phil89 wrote:Damn, Boban makes Kanter look tiny :shock:

Good job signing Patty up for another 3 years. He's earned it.

Yeah, Boban is huge. I think that's why he can be so dominant in the game. I would definitely recommend him any time you need a backup centre.

It's been fun trying to run my offence around Patty and hopefully he can really standout in the next few seasons.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Cavs Complete Series Sweep

The Sonics had no answer for Kyrie Irving in their 115-104 loss to the Cavs. The star point guard poured in a season high 44 points for the Cavaliers. He was well supported by LeBron James and Mike Dunleavy Jr, who both scored 14 each. To complement Kyrie’s incredible performance from the perimeter, Tristan Thompson did a great job in the paint, with 11 points and 14 rebounds.

For the Sonics, Arron Afflalo and Amir Johnson had the biggest impact offensively, scoring 25 and 19 respectively. Nick Collison enjoyed his role in the rotation with 14 points, while Wilson Chandler added 12.

Snell Debuts in Blowout Win

The Sonics were able to give their deep bench an extended run in their 118-81 win against the Heat, thanks mainly to Patty’s 19 points off 6-9 shooting. This allowed Tony Snell to score a season high 15 points from just 12 minutes of play. The Heat game also marked the return of Andrew Nicholson, who had 15 points and 5 rebounds off the bench. Nick Young added 11 points, while Arron Afflalo and Vince Carter contributed 10 to round out an impressive all round offensive performance for the Sonics.

Hornets Lack Buzz Against Sonics

The Sonics had one of their best defensive halves of the season, allowing the Hornets to only score 33 in the first half of their 98-86 win. Wilson Chandler flirted with a triple-double, with 24 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists. He also proved to be a pest on the defensive end with 4 steals. Patty Mills added 19 points, while Amir Johnson (9 rebounds) and Arron Afflalo both added 13 points each.

Nicholson Returns to Form Against Blazers

The Sonics managed to cause an upset by defeating the third-seed Blazers 117-111. Andrew Nicholson had his most impactful game since coming back from having broken ribs, scoring 21 points from the bench. Patty Mills had an off night from the field (5-14) but still managed to get 15 points and 8 assists. Amir Johnson had 14 points and 7 rebounds, while Arron Afflalo, Wilson Chandler and Shaun Livingston all scored 12 points each.

One of the only concerns from the night was the injury sustained by Wilson Chandler. Even though the versatile forward played on with a broken nose, it is likely that Chandler will sit for the next 4-6 weeks while it heals.

Thunder Get Revenge in OKC

After losing their first two encounters, the Thunder finally got on the board against the Sonics with a 102-89 win. Russell Westbrook was once again the main man for the Thunder, with 29 points, 6 assists and 5 steals. Anthony Morrow and Enes Kanter added 13 points each, while Victor Oladipo had 12 points and 8 assists.

For the Sonics, Arron Afflalo was close to a double-double, with 15 points and 8 rebounds. Boban Marjanovic (14 points, 12 rebounds) once again made the most of his opportunities against the Thunder, but Andrew Bogut ended up being the best for the Sonics at the centre position. Much like Boban in the previous game, Bogut had himself a block party against the Thunder, swatting the ball away 8 times, as well as adding 13 points and 10 rebounds. Andrew Nicholson managed to score 10 from the bench.

Snell “Clutch as Hell” in OT

Tony Snell emerged as the hero in the Sonics’ 109-106 overtime win against the Nuggets. Snell started the game slowly, missing his first 5 shots, but he managed to recover when it mattered the most by scoring some clutch baskets in the overtime period. Snell ended up with a team high 24 points in his second start for the Sonics. To complement Snell’s heroics in overtime, Andrew Bogut was the Sonics’ best player during regulation. Bogut was close to triple-double once again with 16 points, 14 rebounds and 7 blocks. Amir Johnson also added 16 points to go with his 8 rebounds.

The Nuggets gave the Sonics all they could handle with Emmanuel Mudiay and Kenneth Faried. Mudiay ended up with 25 points and 7 assists, while the Manimal lived up to his nickname with 17 points and 18 rebounds. But the Sonics just managed to scrape through with the win.

Last 6 Games

@CLE: 115-104 L
MIA: 118-81 W
CHA: 98-86 W
POR: 117-111 W
@OKC: 102-89 L
DEN: 109-106 W (OT)

Overall: 29-23

Injury List

Wilson Chandler – Broken Nose – 4-6 Weeks (Hurt)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (29-23 + Tony Snell!)

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:46 pm

What the Snell? Perhaps there's some life to his NBA career after all!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Things are looking good. You're still winning more games than you are losing.

Nice to see a Nick Collison sighting. Glad he is going to end his NBA career wearing the same jersey he started in (Y)
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Kenny on Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:29 pm

Andrew wrote:What the Snell? Perhaps there's some life to his NBA career after all!

Snell yeah!

Phil89 wrote:Things are looking good. You're still winning more games than you are losing.

Nice to see a Nick Collison sighting. Glad he is going to end his NBA career wearing the same jersey he started in (Y)

I have definitely enjoyed the first season so far. I think the balance is just right with the difficulty.

I have to admit, it does make me feel a little nostalgic when Nick gets some playing time.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:30 pm

Starters for the All-Star Game Announced

Carter to Call it a Career

It appears as though the 2016-2017 will be the last for Vince Carter, as he announced on social media that he will retire at the end of the season.

At age 40, Carter is currently into the 19th season of his illustrious career. He’s averaged 6.3 points off 48.5% from the field, with sporadic playing time throughout the season.

During his prime, Vince Carter was one of the most entertaining basketball players the NBA has ever seen. Along with his incredible highlights, Carter made 8 appearances in the All-Star Game and had what many regard as the best performance in the history of the dunk contest.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:31 pm

Bogut Snatches Dramatic Win

A wild passage of play towards the end of the game saw the Sonics come away with a 108-106 win over the Phoenix Suns. It looked like Patty Mills committed a costly turnover, with Jason Smith taking the intercept and running down court for an open layup. Thankfully Bogut pursued the play, forced the miss and ran back on offence to make the game-winning layup. You can view the entire play here.

Aside from Bogut’s heroics, Arron Afflalo led the Sonics’ with 23 points. Tony Snell (17 points) continued to enjoy his run as a starter, while Amir Johnson (10 rebounds) and Andrew Nicholson (8 rebounds) both added 14 points each. Vince Carter also added 10 off the bench.

Sonics Hold On Against The Nuggets

Unlike the previous game against the Nuggets, the Sonics were able to beat Denver in regulation. With the 113-109 win, the Sonics take a 2-0 lead against the Nuggets with 2 games left in the season series.

Arron Afflalo top scored for the Sonics with 26 points. Patty Mills also played a significant role on offence, registering 23 points and 9 assists on the night, while Tony Snell continued his impressive form with 18 points. Amir Johnson (11 points, 12 rebounds) and Kevin Martin (10 points) also made meaningful contributions on the night.

Sonics Go 4-0 in Home Stretch

The Sonics ended their latest run of home games with a 106-101 win over the Mavs. Tony Snell was once again in the thick of it for Seattle, top scoring with 21 points. Patty Mills registered another double-double on the season, with 14 points and 10 assists, while Shaun Livingston and Andrew Nicholson added 12 points each. Arron Afflalo had a slightly off night, but still managed to score 10 points.

Sonics Comeback Too Late in New York

Despite a spirited comeback by the Sonics, the Knicks ended up holding on with a 111-108 win in New York. Although Carmelo Anthony was relatively inefficient with his 8-20 from the floor, the Knicks were able to get around that with a well-rounded effort offensively. Along with having 6 double-digit scorers, the Knicks’ Kristaps Porzingis almost had an historic night. Porzingis was 2 blocks from a five-by-five, with 13 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals and 3 blocks.

Arron Afflalo led the way for the Sonics with 23 points. Patty Mills (19 points, 12 assists) and Andrew Bogut (14 points, 10 rebounds) both had double-doubles, while Kevin Martin (14 points) and Andrew Nicholson (12 points) had minor contributions off the bench.

Rockets Blast Off in Seattle

James Harden was involved in everything for the Rockets, as he filled up the stat sheet with 23 points, 7 rebounds, 10 assists, 2 steals and a block. He proved too much for the Sonics on both ends of the floor.

Arron Afflalo managed to get 20 points for the Sonics. Andrew Bogut (13 points, 15 rebounds) was strong in the paint, while Shaun Livingston (12 points) and Andrew Nicholson (11 points) were useful off the bench. Unfortunately, the Rockets were just way too strong on the night.

Sonics Recover Against the Timberwolves

Coming off a massive loss against the Rockets, the Sonics were able to come back with a 104-96 win over the Timberwolves. It was clear that there was a carry-over effect at the start, as the Sonics went into the half with a 51-39 deficit. Thankfully, they got a much-needed boost from Vince Carter.

Carter was the top scorer for the Sonics with 19 points from just 18 minutes of play. Amir Johnson (16 points) was another key performer for the Sonics, while regular offensive contributors Patty Mills (14 points off 6-19 FG) and Arron Afflalo (12 points off 4-10 FG) both struggled from the field.

The game ended up being a scrappy one, and Shaun Livingston was a casualty as a result. Livingston is the second player on the Sonics team to sustain a broken nose and will likely sit out between 4 to 6 weeks.

Last 6 Games

PHX: 108-106 W
DEN: 113-109 W
DAL: 106-101 W
@NYK: 111-108 L
HOU: 112-89 L
@MIN: 104-96 W

Overall: 33-25

Injury List

Shaun Livingston – Broken Nose – 4-6 Weeks (Hurt)
Wilson Chandler – Broken Nose – 2-4 Weeks (Hurt)

#OhNose
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (33-25 + All-Star Starters/VC/#OhNose)

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:48 pm

You've definitely turned things around, made it a very respectable inaugural (kind of) season for the new Supersonics. Supposedly the real Vince Carter isn't ruling out playing longer.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood