StreetBall Championship: '85 Julius Erving Part 1

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

StreetBall Championship: '85 Julius Erving Part 1

Postby JStorm101 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:32 am

StreetBall Championship

Hello and welcome to my new series on NLSC. I'll give you a little background:
A couple of months ago I was looking for a new 2k14 roster mod, as UBR made my computer crash. I found URB which only had rosters back to 1985 and I couldn't play normal games or sim seasons, but I found that I could still play blacktop mode. I then started to play continuous blacktop games with all of the different rosters. One day I realised that I could make a series out of it so I started keeping track of stats and stuff. I haven't came up with a story or anything, I just thought it would be fun.

The format I will use is I will swap between players when they lose a game, then circle back once I finish that year.
I shall be facing every player against each other e.g. '85 Charles Barkley would face every player on the 76ers, then face every player on the other, Michael Jordan would face the Bulls players, then go back to the Sixers and face everyone else etc.

Below I will post spreadsheets with current stats:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ItOw4Xzy-PIhq8rUzR3-Fs5g05c1h04U6XXAnkP0Rv0/edit?usp=sharing = 1985 1v1

Currently playing as: 1985 Maurice Cheeks.

I hope you find some sort of interest in me just continuously playing 10 minutes blacktop games.
Last edited by JStorm101 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
JStorm101

StreetBall Championship: '85 Charles Barkley Part 1

Postby JStorm101 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:53 pm

'85 Charles Barkley Part 1

The opening series went probably as expected, as Charles Barkley is one of the best players on the roster. He went on a 4 game win streak to start before losing his fifth quite embarrassingly, as he set a 'league record' for turnovers. This blow was soften considerably though, when it is shown that nobody else had played a game yet and Barkley hadn't had a TO until that game.

Record: 4-1
Current Win/Loss Streak: 1 Loss (obviously)

Full Stats here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
(It may seem pointless to put this here right now, but as time goes on there will be a lot of updates)

If there is anything you want me to do or change presentation-wise, or if you have a recommendation for who I should play as next, feel free to tell me :D .
JStorm101

StreetBall Championship: '85 Moses Malone Part 1

Postby JStorm101 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:05 pm

'85 Moses Malone Part 1

Moses was (I have to say it) a BEAST on the boards during this 5 game stretch, right up until the last game. He actually lost to the same person that Barkley lost to in Clemson Johnson (who can't miss a shot inside) and played very similarly to him. He used the streetball strategy of purposefully missing a shot so that he could get the rebound and better scoring position, but this led to a problem against taller defenders, who could get to the rebound before him. He either lost or went into overtime with every frontcourt player he faced, including a 6-point overtime against Barkley in his very first game.

Record: 4-1
Current Win/Loss Streak: 1 Loss

If there is anything you want me to do or change presentation-wise, or if you have a recommendation for who I should play as next, feel free to tell me :D .
(by the way I will just be copy-pasting this at the bottom of the update so that everyone knows)
JStorm101

'85 Julius Erving Part 1

Postby JStorm101 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:47 am

'85 Julius Erving Part 1

This was quite a bad beginning for Erving considering what people (really just me) thought he was going to do. While Barkley is a tougher opponent in the game, Dr. J is, as you all know, one of the all-time greatest basketball showmen and I would have liked to be able to play with him more. He only grabbed 8 rebounds in his one game, which is very low compared to the standards set previously, and only had one proper dunk, which was a standing one off of one of the said rebounds. I'll definitely look forward to cycling back to him.

Record: 0-1

JStorm101

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood