Beginning A Dynasty [43-23] Lakers on a streak!

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Beginning A Dynasty [43-23] Lakers on a streak!

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty

Game : NBA 2K16
Platform : PC
Roster : Carried out from Chapter 1
Playoffs Format: 7-7-7-7
Team Chemistry: On
Sliders: ShadyMike's Sliders

Season Records

Year
Regular Season
Season MVP
Playoffs
Playoffs Result
NBA Finals
Finals MVP
2014-2015 (Simulated)
28-54
LeBron James
Didn't Qualify
N/A
Oklahoma City Thunder (Won) vs Cleveland Cavaliers (Lost) [4-2]
Russell Westbrook
2015-2016
46-36
Stephen Curry
Qualified
First Round Exit vs San Antonio [4-1]
Oklahoma City Thunder (Won) vs Chicago Bulls (Lost) [4-1]
Russell Westbrook

Team Roster

Starting Five
PG - Emmanuel Mudiay #0 | 20 | 6'6" | 190 lbs | China | 84 OVR
SG - Kelly Oubre #12| 20 | 6'7" | 205 lbs | Kansas | 83 OVR
SF - Ben Simmons #20 | 20 | 6'9" | 240 lbs | LSU | 81 OVR
PF - Julius Randle #30 | 21 | 6'11" | 250 lbs | Kentucky | 88 OVR
C - Anthony Davis #23 | 22 | 6'10" | 200 lbs | Kentucky | 96 OVR

Bench
6 - Skal Labissiere #1 | 20 | 7'0" | 216 lbs | Kentucky | 80 OVR
7 - Jordan Clarkson #6 | 23 | 6'4" | 195 lbs | Missouri | 80 OVR
8 - Marco Belinelli #4 | 30 | 6'5" | 210 lbs | Italy | 75 OVR
9 - Jamal Murray #7 | 20 | 6'5" | 200 lbs | Kentucky | 74 OVR
10 - Evan Turner #11 | 6'7" | 220 lbs | OSU | 74 OVR
11 - Omri Casspi #18 | 6'8" | 230 lbs | Israel | 69 OVR
12 - Andrew Bynum #33 | 29 | 7'0" | 280 lbs | New Jersey | 68 OVR

Injury Replacement
13 - Metta World Peace #37 | 37 | 6'7" | 257 lbs | 67 OVR

Articles

2016 Offseason:

Transactions

Season 3

Date
Description
6/24/16
Lakers Trade 15th and 20th pick for 2 Future 2017 1st Round Picks
6/24/16
Lakers Draft Simmons and Murray
7/11/16
Lakers Sign Anthony Davis
7/20/16
Porzingis re-signs & many more
8/27/16
Bynum returns to LA
1/5/17
Lakers trade Kristaps Porzingis in 3-team trade

Awards

Season 3

Recipient
Award
N/A
N/A

NLSC Draftees

Class of 2017

Jain Wallet III (PG) [N/A] | #5 | 6'4" | 190 lbs

Russell Wilson (PG) [N/A] | #3 | 5'11" | 206 lbs

Kevin Parker (SG) [N/A] | #29 | 6'6" | 220 lbs

Martin Judge (SF) [N/A] | #22 | 6'8" | 210 lbs

TG SoGood (SF) [N/A] | #11 | 6'5" | 220 lbs

Jonah McLovin (PF) [N/A] | #69 | 6'10" | 245 lbs

Klay Ackerman (C) [N/A] | #22 | 7'0" | 270 lbs

Last edited by Kevin on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 41 times in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:53 pm

Kobe Decides To Call It A Career

Kobe Bryant, who has helped the Lakers win five NBA championships over a 20-year career spent entirely in Los Angeles, announced Sunday on The Players' Tribune website that he will retire after this season, writing that "this season is all I have left to give."

In a first-person story titled "Dear Basketball," the 37-year-old wrote in the form of a poem that the sport "gave a six-year-old boy his Laker dream/And I'll always love you for it."

"I've known for a while," Bryant said. "A decision like this, you can't make that decision based on outside circumstances. It has to be an internal decision, and finally I've decided to accept that I can't actually do this anymore, and I'm OK with that."

Bryant's decision is not totally unexpected, given that he has said many times in recent weeks that he has considered making this season his last. After two decades, two Olympic gold medals, five championship rings, 17 All-Star selections, an 81-point game that ranks as the second-best in NBA history and more than 32,000 points, Bryant's career is officially winding down.

Bryant was drafted out of high school by the Charlotte Hornets with the 13th overall pick in 1996, then was traded to the Lakers. He helped Los Angeles win NBA titles in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009 and 2010 and was named the league's MVP in 2008. He currently is third on the NBA's all-time scoring list, behind only Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Karl Malone.

Bryant won the dunk contest at All-Star Weekend as a rookie and played in the All-Star Game for the first time the following year, and a star was quickly born. The 81 points he scored against Toronto on Jan. 22, 2006, are second only to Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game in NBA history, and Bryant is the only NBA player to spend 20 consecutive seasons with one team.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:06 pm

Lakers Secure 1st Pick For 2016 NBA Draft

After a horrendous start of the season by the Toronto Raptors, they just can't catch a break from all the bad luck they've had the whole season. First, Terrence Ross injured his back and was out for 3 months and next came Lowry who broke his hand in a bar accident in Toronto when he tried to punch a guy under the influence of alcohol. He was out for 2 months because of surgery. Then suddenly Coach Dwyane Casey was fired from the Head Coaching Job and was replaced by Larry Stokes or the so-called "New Guy Around the Block". After those mishaps and happenings, you would've expected the universe to at least make it up to them but that wasn't what happened. Instead, the Raptors got the 4th pick. 3 picks away from their expected landing spot.

The whole Los Angeles Lakers organization must have had a tear in their eye when the Charlotte Hornets were announced 2nd in the Lottery which definitely means that the Lakers have the 1st pick of the 2016 NBA Draft. The Lakers beat the 25% chance of the Raptors to get the 1st and 5th Pick in the Lottery. The Lakers now have a total of 4 picks in the 1st round but sources claim that picks number 15 and 20 are being used as trade bait for other teams.

With the 1st and 5th Pick, who should the Lakers pick? Is it the Australian wonder, Ben Simmons, who has been dominating on the court and has scouts swarming him every game? Or is it the quiet and collected Jaylen Brown of Kansas? There has been so many predictions but only the great mind of GM Kevin Parker Sr. knows the answer to that question.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Trades:

Lakers trade 15th and 21st pick to Detroit and Boston, respectively | Pistons trade away 1 Future 2017 1st Round Pick to LA | Celtics trade away 2 Future 2017 1st Round Picks to LA and Detroit

Bucks send DeMarre Carroll to Philly | Philly exchanges with current 8th Pick (C. Diallo) and 1 Future 2017 1st Round Pick

Raptors ship Bismack Biyombo and Cory Joseph to Milwaukee | Bucks send Cheick Diallo to Toronto
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Lakers Draft Simmons and Murray

NEW YORK — The hype has surrounded him for years. "The Australian LeBron," an Internet sensation out of Australia and now, after a one-year stopover in the State of Louisiana, he's arrived. Ben Simmons is here, and on Thursday night in Brooklyn, the Los Angeles Lakers made him the No. 1 pick in the 2016 NBA draft.

Heading into the draft, there was some concern that the Lakers' brain trust was divided on the proper direction to take with the top selection, with owner Jerry Buss reportedly favoring Kansas Forward Jaylen Brown and the "majority of" the front office with General Manager Kevin Parker Sr. leaning towards LSU forward Ben Simmons. In the end, Parker Sr., made an interesting pitch that somehow convinced Buss to trust him and draft Simmons over Brown.

The 6-foot-9, 240-pound Simmons combines remarkable leaping ability, quickness and a finisher's instincts in transition, and the length (a 7-foot wingspan, per DraftExpress) and agility to be able to stifle opposing scorers on the perimeter.

Simmons deftly deflected questions about whether he thought he'd fit better as a small forward or a power forward in the NBA.

"I think I can play both," he said. "I think I'm tall enough and skilled enough to play the three or four."

Soon enough, the Lakers also picked Kentucky Guard Jamal Murray using their 5th pick of the Draft. Murray was having a career season for Kentucky, averaging 24.2 ppg and handing out 8.9 apg. So far, for the last 2 seasons, the Lakers have come up with two point guards that are over 6'5 in height in Draft night. Both of them also have great playmaking skills, speed, and agility to pair it with.

Murray is expected to come off the bench for the Lakers as they already have Mudiay in the point and Oubre as the shooting guard in the starting lineup.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:58 pm

Retired Players/Staff List

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty - Lakers get 1st pick! + New Major Staff Signings

Postby Kevin on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Staff Signings

Jason Kidd

He was fired from his coaching job in Milwaukee where he actually did a great job in coaching the rookie D'Angelo Russell who came second in voting for the Rookie of the Year Award. The Bucks fired him midway through the season and was replaced by Coach Flip Saunders whom they signed for a one-year deal.

Coach Kidd has been on the Lakers' radar since the firing and they took the opportunity to sign him when they saw that he was still available when the period of Staff Signing was ongoing.

The Lakers signed him to a 4-year/$30.25M deal in hopes that he'll bring the Lakers to title contention this season.

When Kidd was asked about how he needs to handle the team, he said, "Obviously coaching a team this young is not easy. You have to deal with their actions on the court as well as off the court, primarily in the locker room. You have to control and tame their emotions and personalities to get the best out of them. I know this team has the talent to compete, it's just a matter of knowing who's going to step up in the big moments."

Head Coach Grade:

Offense | A+
Defense | A+

Kobe Bryant

Kobe may have stopped from playing on the court for the Lakers but he told us he doesn't want to stop being a part of this team. The Laker veteran, who was inducted in the 2016 Hall of Fame, has been itching to be back on the court moments after his emotional retirement speech in the Staples Center 2 weeks ago. The media's been told that he has been going to the gym again to practice and mentor the young guys like old times.

Bryant signed a 2-year/$1.88M deal to be the Lakers' Assistant Coach.

He was interviewed by the media after he walked out of General Manager Kevin Parker's office.

"Man, it's good to be back here. The thought of me having another chance to be a part of a new era of the Lakers just makes me happy and feel blessed. I hope I can influence the young guys to have a legendary work ethic like I have."

Assistant Coach Grade:

Offense | B+
Defense | C-
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty - Lakers get 1st pick! + New Major Staff Signings

Postby Kevin on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:26 am

NBA Introduces New Exhibition Game

NEW YORK — The NBA is going to sponsor the first ever World vs USA matchup with a twist. The twist is that the players that are going to play in the game are not the current NBA players that we are accustomed to seeing but the future NBA rookies next season. They think this is a great idea to showcase the abilities of the future NBA players as they battle for the attention of the scouts.

Various GMs were interviewed on what their views were with the current setup. So far, no one has said it was not a good idea since they are also curious as to what the future stars of the NBA are capable of.

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:45 am

USA Defeats World in Hoop Summit; 110-95

Team USA made it clear that they are still the better country than the rest of the world as they showcased their talents in a 15-point win against Team World. USA was led by Harry Giles III from Duke as he finished with 18 points and 15 rebounds tonight paired with a couple of blocks. Other players who contributed to the win was swingman Josh Jackson and guard Malik Monk. Both scored 15 points for Team USA.

For the rest of the world, there was Jain Wallet III, a Spaniard prospect, and Thon Maker, an Aussie, to orchestrate the pick and roll in offense. Wallet had 13 points in the night with 8 assists while Maker had a quiet 9 points with 14 rebounds and 3 blocks. Kevin Parker, son of Lakers General Manager Kevin Parker Sr., also showed the scouts his outside shooting and rebounding skills in the two spot. Parker finished with 18 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists. He also shot the ball pretty well with only one miss from beyond the arc, going 3 of 4 from downtown.

-

Player of the Game: Harry Giles III (18 pts, 15 rebs, 4 asts)

Other Notable Performers:

USA:
Josh Jackson (15 pts, 5 rebs, 2 stls)
Malik Monk (15 pts, 6 asts, 2 stls)
Jayson Tatum (12 pts, 4 rebs, 6 asts)

World:
Kevin Parker (18 pts, 6 rebs, 4 asts, 3-4 3PT)
Jain Wallet III (13 pts, 3 rebs, 8 asts)
Thon Maker (9 pts, 14 rebs, 3 blks)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty - Lakers sign AD!

Postby Kevin on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:42 am

Lakers sign Anthony Davis to a 3-year deal

El Segundo, Calif. - The Lakers' pitch seem to have finally worked as they managed to sign Anthony Davis this Friday afternoon, hours just after the contract negotiations.

General Manager Kevin Parker Sr. spoke to the media about the signing.

"We've been waiting too long for this to happen. Anthony (Davis) has been our top priority in Free Agency and we managed to land him. We are excited for him to play in front of the Lakers crowd this upcoming season."

And when asked about the Lakers' playoffs chances, he replied, "Yes, I know we got lucky last season with the injuries to Eric Bledsoe and John Wall in the middle of the season that made their respective teams slow down. Now, it's different. We have Mudiay, Oubre, Simmons, Randle, and Davis. That's one of the best and certainly the youngest lineup you'll ever see play in the basketball court. Bottomline is, they are young, great players that is hungry for that title."

The media also had a chance to interview Anthony Davis after the signing.

M: Was it difficult to choose between the Pelicans and the Lakers?
    AD: At first, yes. But when Mr. Parker talked to me, he assured that they will take care of me here in LA and he promised me success, unlike the Pelicans who are still rebuilding and is planning to do it again for another year.
    M: Fair enough. Have you met or talked to any of your new teammates now?
    AD: So far, only Kobe (Bryant) and Julius (Randle) talked to me. They were actually there in the room when we made the deal. They thanked and congratulated me as soon as I sad, 'Yes.' to the offer.
    M: What is your goal coming in this season?
    AD: Making the playoffs is a nice start. I've never had any playoff experience so making the playoffs would be nice. I also would want to see us at least get past the first round of the playoffs, too. That would be nice.

The Lakers and Davis agreed on a 3-year deal, $25M deal amounting to a $75M deal.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty - Lakers sign Anthony Davis + Free Agency Summary

Postby Kevin on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:44 am

Notable Signings:

Sixers
Added:
DeMarre Carroll
Shane Larkin
Jonas Jerebko
Matt Bonner

Retained:

Released:
Monta Ellis

Hired:
Lloyd Pierce [Head Coach]

Bucks
Added:
Monta Ellis
Tyler Johnson
Dion Waiters
Kent Bazemore

Retained:
Miles Plumlee

Released:
DeMarre Carroll

Hired:
Joe Prunty [Head Coach]

Bulls
Added:
Jared Dudley

Retained:
Pau Gasol

Released:

Hired:
Mike Budenholzer [Head Coach]

Cavaliers
Added:
Manu Ginobili

Retained:
David Blatt [Head Coach]
Roy Hibbert
LeBron James
Tristan Thompson

Released:

Hired:

Celtics
Added:
Amar'e Stoudemire

Retained:
Brad Stevens [Head Coach]
Marcus Smart

Released:

Hired:

Clippers
Added:
Andrea Bargnani
Giannis Antetokounmpo

Retained:
Doc Rivers [Head Coach]
Samuel Dalembert

Released:

Hired:

Grizzlies
Added:
Joe Johnson

Retained:
David Joerger [Head Coach]
Mike Conley

Released:

Hired:

Hawks
Added:
Rajon Rondo
Dirk Nowitzki

Retained:
Andray Blatche
Al Horford

Released:
Doyle Daniels

Hired:

Heat
Added:
Norris Cole
Paul Pierce
Richard Jefferson
Jamal Crawford

Retained:
Erik Spoelstra [Head Coach]
Hassan Whiteside
Dwyane Wade

Released:

Hired:

Hornets
Added:
Nik Stauskas
Meyers Leonard
Thomas Robinson
Sim Bhullar
Oleg Bilous
Rasual Butler

Retained:
Jeremy Lamb

Released:

Hired:

Jazz
Added:
Otto Porter
Perry Jones
Dwight Powell

Retained:
O.J. Mayo

Released:
Derrick Favors

Hired:

Kings
Added:
Derrick Favors

Retained:

Released:

Hired:
Nate McMillan [Head Coach]

Knicks
Added:
Terrence Jones
Ersan Ilyasova
Aaron Brooks

Retained:
Gerald Green

Released:

Hired:

Lakers
Added:
Anthony Davis
Marco Belinelli
Omri Casspi
Evan Turner
Metta World Peace
Terrence Ross

Retained:
Julius Randle
Kristaps Porzingis

Released:
Stanley Johnson
Shabazz Napier

Hired:
Jason Kidd [Head Coach]
Kobe Bryant [Asst. Coach]

Magic
Added:
Maurice Harkless
Andrew Nicholson
James Anderson
Trevor Booker

Retained:

Released:
Kosta Koufos
Donell Morgan

Hired:
Mason Brownstein [Head Coach]

Mavericks
Added:
Luis Scola
Gerald Henderson
Beno Udrih
Brandon Bass

Retained:

Released:

Hired:

Nets:
Added:
Gary Neal
D.J. Augustin

Retained:

Released:
Josh Huestis

Hired:

Nuggets
Added:
Marreese Speights
Stanley Johnson

Retained:

Released:

Hired:
Mike Malone [Head Coach]

Pacers
Added:
Trey Burke
Al Jefferson

Retained:
Frank Vogel [Head Coach]
Anderson Varejao
Jordan Hill

Released:

Hired:

Pelicans
Added:

Retained:

Released:

Hired:
Scott Skiles [Head Coach]

Pistons
Added:
Bismack Biyombo
J.J. Hickson
Luol Deng
Tony Wroten

Retained:
Andre Drummond

Released:

Hired:

Raptors
Added:
Evan Fournier
James Johnson
Dwight Howard

Retained:
DeMar Derozan

Released:

Hired:
Tom Sterner [Head Coach]

Rockets
Added:
Jeremy Lin

Retained:
Mo Williams

Released:

Hired:

Spurs
Added:

Retained:
Boris Diaw
P.J. Tucker
David West

Released:

Hired:

Suns
Added:
Cory Jefferson
Trey Lyles
Josh Smith

Retained:

Released:

Hired:

Thunder
Added:
J.R. Smith
Eric Gordon

Retained:

Released:

Hired:

Timberwolves
Added:
Glenn Robinson III
Tyler Hansbrough
Carlos Boozer

Retained:

Released:

Hired:
Tyronn Lue [Head Coach]

Trailblazers
Added:
Dewayne Dedmon
Allen Crabbe
Courtney Lee
Timofey Mozgov

Retained:
Nicolas Batum
Chris Kaman

Released:

Hired:
Terry Stotts [Head Coach]

Warriors
Added:
Brandan Wright

Retained:
Steve Kerr [Head Coach]
Amir Johnson
David Lee

Released:

Hired:

Wizards
Added:
Cody Zeller

Retained:
Randy Wittman [Head Coach]
Nene
Bradley Beal
Brandon Jennings

Released:

Hired:

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty - Lakers sign Anthony Davis + Free Agency Summary

Postby Kevin on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:59 am

Lakers GM Kevin Parker Sr. Now Owns The Los Angeles Lakers

Montreal, Canada — Current Parker Technology CEO and Lakers General Manager Kevin Parker Sr. became the new owner of the NBA's Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday.

The Buss Family wanted a "change of scenery" for the Lakers' Front Office and they think current GM Parker Sr., is the best option the Lakers could have to give this franchise a new start.

The negotiated $3.5 billion sale price is the highest price in any sports franchise in North America. Parker, 52, was ranked No. 15 this year on Forbes' annual world's billionaires list and has a net worth of $28 billion.

"I am humbled and honored to be the new owner of the Los Angeles Lakers," Parker said in a statement. "Lakers fans are so amazing. They have remained fiercely loyal to our franchise through some extraordinary times. I will be hard core in giving the team, our great coach, staff and players the support they need to do their best work on the court."

The pricetag seems astronomical (the Los Angeles Clippers were sold for $2B last year), but Parker believes the team is a safe investment.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty - Ross & Turner Headling FA Signings

Postby Kevin on Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:05 pm

Ross and Turner Headline FA Signings Of The Lakers

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

El Segundo, Calif — With just a week left in Free Agency, the Lakers were lucky to still sign players that can contribute to the team. One of the players that the Lakers signed is the swingman Terrence Ross who was coming off a great season by the Raptors. Unfortunately, he wasn't offered a deal by the Raps as they already wasted their money on Dwight in Free Agency. Ross is expected to make $7M every year for 2 years with Los Angeles.

Another notable signing by the Lakers this offseason is the former 2nd pick of the 2010 NBA Draft, Evan Turner. Turner seemed to take a step back in terms of points scored per game in his last season in Boston which led to his minutes diminishing later in the season. He thinks LA is a great fit for him to have a fresh start. Turner signed a 2-year deal and will earn $4M per year.

The Lakers also look to bolster their perimeter offense, specifically the three-point shooting. They were 25th last season in 3PTM and 22nd in 3PT%, they brought in sharpshooting guard Marco Belinelli and forward Omri Casspi to spread the floor on offense and give the other bigs space in the paint to operate. Belinelli and Casspi both inked a 1-year deal with the Lakers and both are earning close to $4M in one season.Ian Mahinmi also willingly signed the offer that the Lakers offered him. He agreed to a 2-year deal worth roughly $9M in total.

A familiar face has also been brought in by the Lakers. Forward Ron Artest or now known as either Panda Friend or Metta World Peace, was offered a contract which he willingly signed in Free Agency. He signed a 1-year deal and will make $1.7M in one season with the Lakers.

Aside from the new signings, the Lakers also retained the 7'3" Center from Latvia, Kristaps Porzingis. His length and ability to put back misses to the rim will make him a valuable member of the team. Zinger signed a 2-year deal that will earn him a total of $32M, $16M each season.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:29 am

Lakers Rumored To Be "On The Move"?

New York — Rumors have been speculating about the Lakers' future in downtown Los Angeles after Kevin Parker Sr. bought it from the Buss family 2 weeks ago. As we all know, Parker is Canadian and they think his love of basketball might lead to him bringing the whole franchise from America to Canada, specifically to Montreal, his hometown.

He has the money to pay for the move and certainly the vote of many Canadians that want another team based in Canada. All he needs to do now, if ever, is to get Silver's approval and he should be on his way.

Mr. Parker has not yet commented on the rumors but the sudden ratification of a very large arena that can house an estimated 32 thousand guests is way too peculiar to not look at. Whatever Parker's grand plan is, let's just hope it's going to be for the better.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:30 am

Official Team Roster for 2016-2017 Season

Starting 5
PG
SG
SF
PF
C
Emmanuel Mudiay #0
Kelly Oubre #12
Ben Simmons #20
Julius Randle #30
Anthony Davis #23
20 | 6'5 | 190 lbs | China
20 | 6'7 | 205 lbs | Kansas
20 | 6'9 | 240 lbs | LSU
22 | 6'11 | 250 lbs | Kentucky
21 | 6'10 | 220 lbs | Kentucky

Bench/Reserves
Kristaps Porzingis #31
Jamal Murray #7
Terrence Ross #21
Evan Turner #11
Ian Mahinmi #28
Marco Belinelli #4
Omri Casspi #18
Metta World Peace #37
21 | 7'3 | 220 lbs | Latvia
20 | 6'5 | 200 lbs | Kentucky
25 | 6'7 | 195 lbs | Washington
28 | 6'7 | 220 lbs | OSU
29 | 6'11 | 250 lbs | France
30 | 6'5 | 210 lbs| Italy
28 | 6'9 | 225 lbs | Israel
36 | 6'7 | 260 lbs | St. John
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:26 pm

Lakers' Schedule for October-November

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:28 pm

Finally can play now. Format is, since I can't see what day it is, a 3-game recap. Still the same recap format with one game with the review and then the remaining 2 is just a picture and scores like always. Also, I'm going to play only the first half of the month and then simulate the end so this can be faster than the last one.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:41 pm

That team has crazy potential. You might not be a contender this season (only because they are so young), but I think the NBA Finals will probably be "Lakers vs challenger" for the next 5-10 years.

Montreal Lakers huh? Interesting idea.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:28 am

I saw Jain Wallet III in the Nike USA match. I had completly forgoten i was in there lol (Y)
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Kevin on Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:00 pm

Phil89 wrote:That team has crazy potential. You might not be a contender this season (only because they are so young), but I think the NBA Finals will probably be "Lakers vs challenger" for the next 5-10 years.

I'll give it one or two more offseasons and we're ready to go on a trip to the Finals again.

Phil89 wrote:Montreal Lakers huh? Interesting idea.

Something along those lines :wink:

big-shot-ROB wrote:I saw Jain Wallet III in the Nike USA match. I had completly forgoten i was in there lol (Y)

:lol:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Record (0-0)

vs Golden State (0-0)

Oubre puts one up before the 3rd quarter buzzer.

Lakers Draw First Blood in Opening Day; 104-102

With the season officially kicking off, the Lakers and the Warriors face off against each other on what the NBA fans think is going to be the two teams that will match-up in the Western Conference Finals.

Recap | Box Score | Highlights Image

MVP: Julius Randle is the clear winner of the MVP here. He finished with 25 points while shooting 12 of 19 attempts. Not to mention his work on the boards where he had 14 for tonight, 4 of those were on the offensive end of the floor.

LVP: Dragan Bender, the Warriors' 13th pick of the draft, didn't do so well in his debut game versus the Lakers. He only managed to get one shot to go in for him, finishing with 3 points in 1 of 8 shooting while committing 3 turnovers as well.

X-Factor/s: Emmanuel Mudiay's playmaking skills are just ridiculous and he showcased it well tonight. He distributed the ball efficiently and came up with 14 assists, tying his career-high.

Player of the Game: Julius Randle (25 pts, 14 rebs, 2 blks, 12-19 FG)

Lakers:
A. Davis (20 pts, 7 rebs, 4 blks)
E. Mudiay (20 pts, 14 asts)
B. Simmons (10 pts, 6 rebs, 4 asts)

Warriors:
S. Curry (27 pts, 6 rebs, 11 asts, 5-8 3PT)
K. Thompson (20 pts, 4 rebs, 6 asts)
H. Barnes (16 pts, 2 rebs, 3 blks)

vs Phoenix (1-1)

Lakers Burn Out Suns; 121-109

Player of the Game: Anthony Davis (27 pts, 11 rebs, 5 asts, 3 blks)

Lakers:
J. Randle (25 pts, 14 rebs, 3 blks)
B. Simmons (19 pts, 7 rebs, 7 asts)
E. Mudiay (10 pts, 9 rebs, 13 asts)

Suns:
B. Knight (23 pts, 5 asts, 3 stls)
E. Bledsoe (19 pts, 4 rebs, 11 asts)
T. J. Warren (16 pts, 6 rebs, 2 asts, 3-3 3PT)

@ San Antonio (2-2)

Lakers Get Easy Win vs Parker-less Spurs; 129-109

Player of the Game: Julius Randle (20 pts, 20 rebs, 3 blks)

Lakers:
A. Davis (30 pts, 16 rebs)
B. Simmons (19 pts, 6 rebs, 6 asts)
E. Mudiay (17 pts, 14 asts)

Spurs:
J. Simmons (18 pts, 2 rebs, 4 asts)
B. Diaw (14 pts, 5 rebs, 2 asts, 2 stls, 2 blks)
P. Mills (14 pts, 12 asts)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty - [3-0] Warriors strike back!

Postby Kevin on Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:36 pm

Record (3-0)

@ Golden State (3-1)

Curry shoots an uncontested jumper from downtown

Warriors strike back behind Thompson's 29; 107-117

Lakers drew first blood and the Warriors want revenge after their 1st game in Opening Night. The Lakers are coming in tonight without any losses and plans to make it 4 in a row.

MVP: Klay Thompson came out firing on all cylinders tonight. He had 4 threes in 6 attempts that led to his dominant 29 points. Stephen Curry is also the co-MVP with Thompson tonight. He finished with 22 points and 11 assists for the Warriors.

LVP: Terrence Ross is tonight's Least Valuable Player as he attempted a whooping 7 attempts beyond the arc and only came up with 1 make, finishing with 3 points on 1-of-10 shooting.

X-Factor/s: David Lee's work on the glass propelled the Warriors to victory. He brought down 16 rebounds tonight paired with 14 points and 1 block.

Player of the Game: Klay Thompson (29 pts, 5 asts, 4-6 3PT)

Lakers:
A. Davis (29 pts, 9 rebs)
J. Randle (25 pts, 12 rebs, 3 blks)
E. Mudiay (16 pts, 8 asts, 2 stls)

Warriors:
S. Curry (22 pts, 11 asts, 1 stl)
A. Iguodala (15 pts, 4 rebs, 8 asts, 2-3 3PT)
D. Lee (14 pts, 16 rebs, 1 blk)

@ Los Angeles (4-2)

Lakers come up short in 2OT; 135-137

Player of the Game: J.J. Redick (33 pts, 2 rebs, 2 asts, 7-10 3PT)

Lakers:
E. Mudiay (28 pts, 13 asts)
J. Randle (26 pts, 18 rebs)
A. Davis (17 pts, 12 rebs)

Clippers:
B. Griffin (29 pts, 10 rebs)
C. Paul (28 pts, 16 asts)
G. Antetokoumpo (12 pts, 10 rebs, 7 asts)

vs Dallas (3-4)

Lakers pull away in 2OT; 122-101

Player of the Game: Anthony Davis (28 pts, 14 rebs, 4 blks)

Lakers:
J. Randle (23 pts, 18 rebs, 2 blks)
E. Mudiay (17 pts, 13 asts)
K. Oubre (15 pts, 5 rebs, 6 asts)

Mavericks:
C. Parsons (31 pts, 8 rebs, 4 asts)
B. Udrih (19 pts, 9 rebs, 6 asts, 2 stls)
W. Matthews (18 pts, 2 rebs, 2 asts)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty - [4-2] Kings and Lakers go at it for 4 Quarters!

Postby Kevin on Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:02 pm

Record (4-2)

@ Sacramento (6-1)

ImageDavis' turnaround jumper ties it at 122-all in 2OT!

Kings survive 8 Quarters versus Lakers; 149-152

Considered as the Game of the Year by many fans, the Kings and the Lakers' matchup went to 4 overtimes and saw the Kings walk out with the W.

MVP: Rudy Gay posted a career-high 43 points in 16 of 38 shooting and a 5-of-10 clip from downtown. He carried his team on his own for the last 4 quarters and Favors and Cousins didn't come through in the crunch.

LVP: Julius Randle had his worst game of the season so far. He did finish with 14 points and a career-high 26 rebounds but his shooting tonight was just unacceptable. He was 5 of 22 when shooting the ball last night.

X-Factor/s: Darren Collison also had a career game and finished with 31 points and 18 assists. Derrick Favors also contributed with a 20-20.

Player of the Game: Rudy Gay (43 pts, 2 rebs, 2 asts, 5-10 3PT)

Lakers:
K. Oubre (38 pts, 8 rebs, 6 asts)
A. Davis (36 pts, 7 rebs, 4 asts)
B. Simmons (18 pts, 7 rebs, 7 asts,
E. Mudiay (17 pts, 13 asts)
J. Randle (14 pts, 26 rebs)

Kings:
D. Collison (31 pts, 7 rebs, 18 asts)
B. McLemore (22 pts, 11 rebs)
D. Cousins (21 pts, 17 rebs)
D. Favors (21 pts, 24 rebs)

vs New Orleans (2-6)

Pelicans win versus Mudiay-less Lakers; 124-128

Player of the Game: Lou Williams (27 pts, 1 reb, 2 asts, 11-16 FG)

Lakers:
A. Davis (32 pts, 15 rebs, 4 blks)
K. Oubre (26 pts, 8 rebs, 4 asts)
J. Murray (20 pts, 4 rebs, 5 asts, 4 stls)

Pelicans:
J. Holiday (17 pts, 10 asts)
R. McCallum (16 pts)
A. Gordon (13 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blks)

vs Milwaukee (3-5)

Randle scores 30 and 14 vs Embiid's Bucks; 123-107

Player of the Game: Julius Randle (30 pts, 14 rebs, 4 asts, 3 blks)

Lakers:
E. Mudiay (27 pts, 4 rebs, 6 asts)
A. Davis (21 pts, 14 rebs)
B. Simmons (15 pts, 6 rebs, 6 asts)

Bucks:
N. Young (30 pts, 4 rebs, 2-10 3PT)
D. Russell (19 pts, 2 rebs, 5 asts)
J. Embiid (15 pts, 8 rebs)

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty - [4-2] Lakers sign Andrew Bynum!

Postby Kevin on Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:31 pm

Simmed Games Recap

Record (5-4)

Lakers get easy win versus Nets; 108-85

Player of the Game: Julius Randle (18 pts, 10 rebs, 4 blks)

Lakers:
E. Mudiay (17 pts, 10 asts, 2 stls)
A. Davis (16 pts, 6 rebs)
K. Oubre (16 pts, 4 rebs, 3 asts, 3 stls)

Nets:
G. Neal (18 pts, 1 reb, 2 asts)
D.J. Augustin (13 pts, 2 rebs, 6 asts)
D. Williams (10 pts, 15 asts)

Lakers' strong 2nd half propel them to win; 115-96

Player of the Game: Julius Randle (25 pts, 11 rebs, 8 asts, 4 blks)

Lakers:
A. Davis (21 pts, 9 rebs, 3 asts)
E. Mudiay (18 pts, 8 asts)
B. Simmons (18 pts, 3 rebs,3 asts)
'
Raptors:
K. Lowry (19 pts, 10 asts)
D. Howard (17 pts, 12 rebs)
J. Johnson (17 pts, 4 rebs, 2 asts)

Lakers squeak by Wizards in 1OT; 125-121

Player of the Game: Julius Randle (27 pts, 12 rebs, 3 asts, 2 stls, 5 blks)

Lakers:
A. Davis (29 pts, 9 rebs, 4 asts)
E. Mudiay (16 pts, 12 asts)
K. Oubre (12 pts, 7 rebs, 6 asts)

Wizards:
B. Beal (30 pts, 9 rebs, 6 asts, 2 stls)
J. Wall (25 pts, 13 asts)
B. Jennings (16 pts, 1 reb, 4 asts)

Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Chapter 2: Beginning A Dynasty - [4-2] Lakers sign Andrew Bynum!

Postby Kevin on Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:31 pm

Lakers sign Andrew Bynum to 1yr/$887K deal

The Los Angeles Lakers announced Saturday they have signed free agent center Andrew Bynum to a contract for the remainder of the season. The Lakers will pay Bynum $1 million for the remainder of the season, a source told ESPN.

The 7-1, 285-pound Bynum played seven seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers and was part of their 2009 and 2010 NBA Championship teams. He was traded by the Lakers to Philadelphia in August, 2012, but missed the 2012-13 regular season with knee problems.

Five teams were interested in Bynum, including the Heat, but it was the Lakers who had a roster spot and the space under the luxury tax to add him now.

"It really wasn't a hard decision, I think it's the right fit for me," Bynum said in a statement. "In all honesty, I think we've got the best chance of winning. It will be great to back up Julius [Randle], and I'll do whatever I can to help this team."

Bynum, who missed 3/4 of last season with a knee injury, averaged 8.4 points and 5.3 rebounds in 24 games for the New York Knicks.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood