:PAUSED:19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

(11-4) November recap

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:19 am

Philadelphia 76ers monthly recap

Dec. 1, 2011

Starting off the season the 76ers went 11-4 in a pretty decent schedule going against the Heat and coming out with a win on the road and created a new rivalry against the Charlotte Bobcats at home, though losing.

The Sixers are hoping to keep this level of performance heading into December still leading the Atlantic Division and the Eastern Conference. Stay watching as my Mock draft will be published soon right here on Turner Sports.

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (10-5) Plan A| November recap

Postby ThaKidMac on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:35 am

November was good to Philly, 11-4 is beast. Looks like Wilson Chandler is that dude for you, going up and attacking the rim.
ThaKidMac

Re: (10-5) Plan A| November recap

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:37 am

ThaKidMac wrote:November was good to Philly, 11-4 is beast. Looks like Wilson Chandler is that dude for you, going up and attacking the rim.

Yeah he kinda, sorta replaced E.T. as my favorite when it comes to scoring
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (11-5) Plan A| November recap

Postby Povilas3 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Great month , good luck at december ;)
Povilas3

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:50 am

Hello everybody!

Hello Dr. Nick!

I will have the December Mock Draft Lottery up either tomorrow or monday. Haven't really had the patience to play 2K for a sec. But updates will be soon
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Povilas3 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:05 am

Waiting ! :)
Povilas3

NBA Lottery Mock Draft:December

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:16 am

Dec. 4, 2011
Hello sports fans, welcome my NBA Lottery Mock Draft for the month of December. Many college players are making a statement, and some failed to perform for some reason. Lets take a look at my new list. But first let me give you a key.

-The numbers in parentheses means that is where the player was expected to go last month.
- With player that have "-" inside parentheses means that their value hasn't changed any.
-^ Means they have rose to this list and are new favorites to make it into the lottery.
With that short amount out of the way, lets take a look at the lottery

Lets take a look at the players that fell out

1. Myck Kabongo
2. Marguis Teague

Not many players fell off, only two by the look of it. Myck Kabongo has hurt his draft stock quite a bit and is now only expected to be taken around the 18th to 24th picks. Marquis Teague didn't hurt himself much and could still potentionally make it into the lottery if some team is in need of a scoring point. He expected to go between 14th and 17th.

Now the players that have earned themselves in.

1. Kendall Marshall
2. Thomas Robinson

These two haven't performed phenomenally well, but are now expected to get themselves into the lottery depending on their teams need. Kendall Marshall is a pass first type of point guard and he has told reporters that he'd love to be a part of any team, successful or rebuilding. That is probably what got so many teams interested in him. Thomas Robinson has also seen uprise because right now, he's averaging about 8 points per game and almost 12 rebounds. That has peaked interest in team that struggle to rebound and he snuck his way into other team's draft sighting.

Now lets talk about the disappointing downs and satisfying ups by some players.
Derrick Perkins finally gets first

Watching his HIGH SCHOOL games he's been drawing comparisons of LeBron James. Though his defense will need a sufficient amount of work. At this point at such a young age. He will probably come out a great player even if he is not on a great team.

Perry Jones sliiiiiips

At first expected to go first overall, now it doesn't seem like he'll get inside the top five. Really he's under-performed in his recent games against Duke and even FIU he has struggled and teams question his consistency. And his will to play.

Newton's Favorites slip and rise a little

Philadelphia 76ers GM Huey Newton has had his scouts follow the development of Drazen Petrovic and Tyler Rooks since they both declared for the draft. While some players have looked better than Rooks causing him to fall a little. Petrovic is looking worth a top 5 pick. The 76ers do own the Charlotte Bobcats' first round draft pick and could get one or the other. But until they come up with something to nab them both its more likely they will have to settle for Rooks since the Bobcats aren't last this year.

Davis still can't sneak into top 2

Before Perkins, Anthony Davis was expected to be the consensus pick for the first overall and still hasn't out-perform Andre Drummond from UConn. Its rumored teams like the Sixers(Again), Lakers, Bulls are interested in this guy and are willing to give up a little bit since they aren't really capable. I'm not sure what the 76ers are expected to do this upcoming summer but they could have a lot of rookie starters next year.

Thank you for reading this months cover of the expected NBA Lottery in December. Follow me month by month as I update this list. Talk to you all soon as I cover the Cleveland Cavaliers at Philadelphia tomorrow.

Turner Sports
Marvin Mars is Turner Sports' main analyst in the NBA Draft and news reporter for the Philadelphia 76ers. He used to work for NBC and ESPN until coming to Turner Sports to become a feature columnist. Follow his Twitter here. Hey! He's got a Facebook now. Like his page.
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Vs. Cavaliers

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:31 am

Update and Lottery in the same day!

Sixers get win in laugher

AP- Philadelphia, PA| Dec. 5 2011

There can't much be said about this game. It was terrible for Cleveland, and incredible for Philadelphia. The game went wire to wire and its easy to see why since the Cavs could only score 8 points in the first quarter. Hey Hov! The 76ers didn't show much effort because they didn't need to. Every time coming up the court just about, a Sixer would shoot, and it was a bucket. Evan Turner ended with the game high 31 points with only Wilson Chandler to be the only other person on the court to score more than 20 with his 23.

"There was no question that this game was ours. We didn't let up and we embarrassed them. I think I even saw Coach Collins laughing one time coming back up the court." That was Evan Turner after the game, and he was right. If you looked toward the sideline this game, you would see Doug Collins historically laughing at the Cavs performance.

Talking about the game afterwords Doug Collins told reporters. "I want these guys playing this hard in every game we play. I need a good laugh.

With two games down in December the Philadelphia 76ers are 1-1. They're hoping their win total increases as they host the Denver Nuggets and we'll see Andre Igoudala on the court for the first time not wearing a 76ers jersey. Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari will also be facing their former team. The only player missing is Andre Miller who is no longer on either team. This game should have a thick feel to it.

POTG: Evan Turner
Evan Turner jamming it in on Antawn Jamison

Turner Sports

Post game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -21-72.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -20-23.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Vs Nuggets pre-game

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Before Nuggets game

-Huey Newton and Doug Collins are talking when approached by Andre Igoudala-

Collins: Hey Iggy! Its been a little while. How ya been?
Igoudala: Sir pardon my attitude, but I didn't come here to speak to you. I wanted to speak to Mr. Newton. Could you excuse us?

-Collins, looking puzzled gazes over at Huey. Then Huey gives the understanding nod. Collins then walks away and examines the practice-

Newton: Yes Andre?

Igoudala: Why... What was the reason you traded me?

Newton: In a professional sense or as a fan?

Igoudala: Seriously?

Newton: -smirking- Well as a fan. Your a production stopper, many of these players have dominated after your trade. You were expendable in the first place. We got a player that is younger, and soon could be tremendously better than you. In my professional standpoint. Still, you are a production stopper, but you also took a lot of cap the we could use for years to come. So that also made my decision to move you much easier.

Igoudala:-getting angry- But I was the future of that damn team. No one put more out there than me!

Newton: It doesn't look that way, this team has had its best record in its first two months since the first A.I.

Igoudala: That dog didn't know how to run a team the way I do! He's nothing compared to me! All these chumps should have been moved! We could have came up with some type of agreement.

Newton: Stop yelling. You're a grown ass man. Now, you would have really had taken a pay cut to stay on this team?

Igoudala: Yes, this place is my home, I'd do just about everything to come back.

Newton: Talk to your superiors, we may be able to do something this off-season. But the most you can get a year would be no more the 9 mil. Do you understand?

Igoudala: 9 mil? Well, that is worth it. If you can bring me back, I'm more than willing to come up with compromise to return to this team. Thank you sir.

Newton: Don't thank me yet, we've got a game to play and this deal might not happen. The Nuggets might laugh and hang up. But before you go. Show me what your made of tonight. Prove it to me. -leaves Igoudala standing-
SuperHueyNewton

Vs Nuggets

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Sixers get two straight blowouts

AP- Philadelphia, PA| Dec 9, 2011

By the look of this one, you would have though the 76ers just ran with it. But for the first half of play that wasn't anywhere near the case. The Sixers did take the lead early without letting it go for the rest of the game, the only problem was. They couldn't get the Nuggets off their back. Denver stayed close for most of the first half of play only down 6 at the buzzer. And at the start of the third is where things started to fall apart for this team.
It started when Leandro Barbosa came in. We usually don't see Barbosa go on that many scoring rampages but for some reason in this game he just went berserk. Barbosa went five for six from three in the game, most coming from the second half. The Nuggets three point defense was terrible as the Sixers only missed 9 out of 23 shots from behind the arc.
Many Nuggets fans began to lose hope once the score got more out of hand. Whatever the Nuggets would do, Philadelphia would respond they couldn't stop the bleeding and the game became a blowout.

"That. Felt. Good." Wilson Chandler said in his post-game team conference. "It felt good to do that kind of damage to a team that traded me and my friend(Danilo Gallinari). We pushed the gas and the floor broke. I'm extremely glad we came out with a win today.

When asked what he thought of Andre Igoudala's game, Coach Collins responded. "He was quiet, he only ended with 10 points and 8 rebounds. To be honest, I expected a lot out of him tonight but he never did." When asked what General Manager Huey Newton and Andre Igoudala were talking about before the game, he answered. "I have no knowledge about what the two were talking about. I'm sure it was strictly professional and nothing else."

Right now the 76ers are hot and they hope to keep the fire running into future games.

Evan Turner slamming it on a fastbreak

Turner Sports

Post-game stats

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -13-11.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -11-99.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (13-5) Plan A| Nuggets Interlude

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:39 am

Report: Jason Kidd traded to the Magic

Dec. 9, 2011

Completely out of nowhere, the Dallas Mavericks have completed a trade with the Orlando Magic that will swap Kidd and Jameer Nelson. This trade comes as a complete surprise as Kidd was expected to retire as a Mav, but the plan appears to have changed. Jameer Nelson has an expiring contract, but so does Kidd so the trade also doesn't make much sense. They've also performed differently. Jameer Nelson has been a consistent scorer this season, and Kidd has had his about 10 assist this year.

In the press conference there wasn't very much information given. Mark Cuban remarked, "We have our reasons for this trade. We like what Jason Kidd has been doing for us this year. Though we still wanted someone that is good and could still play for a long while after he retires. Its nothing against him at all. We just had to part."

ESPN will be following what occurs this off-season about this topic to see whether or not the Mavericks choose to re-sign Jameer Nelson. Nelson has recently turned 30, and what Cuban has expressed could be true. But why not someone younger than Nelson? We don't know. But let's see what happens later.

ESPN
Ernie Simms is a new reporter for ESPN and follows the Southeast division of the NBA. He had no prior jobs similar to ESPN networking but has done a good job at doing it though. Follow his Twitter here. He's been messin' with Tumbler. Follow his page.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (13-6) Plan A| Going to Brooklyn

Postby Lamrock on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:43 am

Solid start. Hope you end up keeping Iguodala.
Lamrock

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:37 am

Lamrock wrote:Solid start. Hope you end up keeping Iguodala.

Thanks, I might do a poll vote once I get to the off-season
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Sixers almost get got while showing off black throwbacks
Philadelphia barely walked out of this one

AP- Brooklyn, NY| Dec. 13, 2011

In almost every way, this game should have gone to the Nets. The team was leading from the second all the way to the forth but just couldn't put the 76ers away for any reason. The Sixers fought back as hard as they could all the way through. The Nets had two 10 or more margins between them and the 76ers but couldn't keep it for very long. This game went very late. No one gave up, and that always makes a game exciting.

In this Williams vs Williams encounter, again Lou Williams would have to win this one. The only time Deron scored was when Lou was on the bench most of the time. Lou also put Deron in a lot of foul trouble. Lou scored 24 points, two more than Deron, and had 7 assists, 4 more than Deron. But truthfully the game was won by the player of the game:(Sorry for giving it away early) Evan Turner.

Turner started off very horrid. In the first five minutes he had five points on 1-5 shooting. Instead of forcing shots in that quarter, he started to pass the ball. He ended the first with 5 assists and ended the half with 7 assists. He also kept his turnovers down, ending with just 2. The team as a whole in the turnover department had just 9, which is still good. After the second half started, E.T. went on a rampage, finding guys or scoring points. He had 14 of his 35 points in the forth quarter. You could see he really wanted this win.

Also just behind him in points was of course, Wilson Chandler. The small forward was mostly consistent for most of the night going 11-19 shooting. 'The Combo' has really exploded in recent games and it's great to see such success for the Sixers. In the last 10 games, Evan Turner has averaged about 25.5 points a game. He averages a little bit over 20. He is also 13th in the league in scoring with Wilson Chandler being 11th. These two know how to perform.

"To tell the truth, that was the most exciting game we've had since the Bobcats loss. But this time we won." Wilson Chandler was expressing after the game. "We were down plenty but me and Evan(Turner) helped us stay in this game. We keep competing like this, and there could be a new banner in our rafters very soon."
Those are big words of course but the Sixers will still have to show up when it comes time

"My eyes were looking for anyone open when I was struggling," Evan Turner explained in the post-game conference. "If someone was open, they were getting the ball in their hands. It feels good to pass out like that and still get so many points like that. I would have to thank Dub C(Wilson Chandler?) and Italian Ice(Danilo Gallinari) for helping me get most of those assists tonight. I know I like to have the ball in my hands but tonight I didn't even see tonight's performance coming."

The 76ers will now be heading across the bridge as they go up against the New York Knicks at MSG. And then host the Atlanta Hawks in the second game of their back-to-back.

35 points, 6 rebounds, 12 assists, 4 steals, 1 block

Turner Sports

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -44-38.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -42-35.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (15-6) Plan A| Welcome to the part A

Postby Leftos on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:35 pm

I envy you for managing to win them. I really do. Those improbable 4th quarter turnarounds are so satisfying. I remember screaming YES so loud on some of them.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:04 am

Leftos wrote:I envy you for managing to win them. I really do. Those improbable 4th quarter turnarounds are so satisfying. I remember screaming YES so loud on some of them.

I know right? When I was down 10 twice I started panicking a little. It would have been so easy to just throw up shots but I had to run plays.

Also. I handled Deron Williams quite well. Only 22 points and 3 assist, get at me.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:45 am

Before I put this game up, I wanna say something. The computer started cheating late. I was up by more than 20 points and only won by three. The computer scored 40 points in just the forth. This happens way to much and its ridiculous. In the forth quarter we were:
Forcing fouls that no player would have done for any reason. As soon as I went off ball with a player all of a sudden. Someone was on the foul line.
Turnovers just from dribble ups. I understand that a full court man press will force turnovers, but there were either balls bouncing of players leg every time i was coming up.
And the main thing, missing WIDE OPEN SHOTS. I didn't miss one or two, I missed more than five wide open shots in the final quarter and my 20 points margin turned into three. Pardon my speech but thats BULL SH**!
SuperHueyNewton

Vs. Hawks

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:03 am

Sixers start big, almost lose
Philly almost let on go tonight

AP- Philadelphia, PA|Dec. 16, 2011

Though this game ended closer than expected, there was still an all-around good effort by much of the 76ers. One of the most arguable cases of tonight's players of the game, Danilo Gallinari. He missed one shot all night and went 8-9 on his way to 21 points and 9 rebounds.

The game shouldn't have ended as close as it did in the final quarter though. Leading into that quarter, the 76ers had held a 20 point margin but that disappeared and was replaced by a three point lead when the final buzzer went off. Before that though, the Sixers played just about a perfect game before that. But still everything simply fell apart in that final quarter. Bad turnovers, unreasonable fouls. And the biggest things were missing wide open shots and defense. The Hawks scored 41 points in the forth. Which was 17 points down from the Buffalo Braves single most points scored in a quarter of 58.

Coach Doug Collins had some words for tonight's performance. "Most of the night, I was proud of them, taking good care of the ball, making their shots. If it was a murder case in the third quarter, they would have been arrested. But then they turned into LeBron James pretty much (Fans argue Collins can talk since the Sixers have already beat the Heat once this year) we didn't show up late, and it almost cost us. This can't happen again. And if it does, we might lose next time.

Hearing about was Collins said, Evan Turner voiced, laughing hard at first. "Yeah, I guess I would have to agree with coach. We went out there and did our best impression of LeBron out there tonight. But did you see my statline? You think I didn't show up? I was in that forth quarter and so was (Danilo) Gallinari. And still the main fact is, we won. There's no argument in that.

When told about these comments in the Heat's press conference after beating the Washington Wizards, Dwayne Wade simply laughed and had this to say. "These 76ers must want some new 21st century rivalries, started with the Bobcats and now their pulling us in. I want to prove themselves again when we go against them next time. Where we will most likely win. Wait, who did they go against?" Talking to the reporter that told him of the statement. "The Hawks? Oh that should've been a cakewalk for a team talking so big. We'll get them next time, the Southeast is too good for them." (Though this year the 76ers are 3-2 against the southeast this year)

Still the 76ers came out with a win that turned hard-fought. Though their defense suffered for some reason, they presented enough offense late to win them the game. Next week though, the Charlotte Bobcats will be hosting the Sixers for game two of the team's series. Hopefully it's as exciting as game one when the Bobcats won.

32 points, 5 rebounds, 11 assists

Turner Sports

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -26-37.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -28-23.jpg
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Evan Turner Player of the Week again

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:22 am

Evan Turner wins second POTW

Dec. 17, 2011

After having three great performances this week, Evan Turner. For the second time in his career and this year has won the Player of the Week award. He was at his team practice when he was informed and was bumrushed by press at the same time. He totally didn't see this award coming though he had two 30 point 10 assist games. He told reporters,

"Oh wow! This comes as a surprise. I'd like to thank you all for congratulating me so quickly. I didn't see this award coming honestly. I would be a lot more composed if I did. I think I would have to put this award on my 35-10 games. And my teammates of course, I wouldn't have had so many assist if it weren't for them. I don't know how to celebrate this one. Maybe I'll Celebrate with Anthony Davis, (WHAT?!) Wilson, and Danilo. This is a time for celebration before we take on the Celtics.

Now we see why the 76ers want Anthony Davis. One of their star players are already friends with the top prospect and that could go into team chemistry and wins for this team. On another note, Evan Turner has 438,815 total all-star votes. And Wilson Chandler has 521,625. Both not chasing very far from players like Joe Johnson(482,212) and Rajon Rondo (483,037).

Congrats to Evan Turner for winning player of the week and heres for many more!

Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (16-6) Plan A| Welcome to the Fargo Center Atlanta

Postby megarover on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:10 am

Yea the CPU can go crazy in the fourth sometimes :lol: . If Turner and Chandler keep this up they both will end up playing in the All-Star Game.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Free throws

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Yo check this out, Evan Turner gets some inches off the free throw line and the Refs say nothing!

SuperHueyNewton

@ Celtics

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:31 pm

E.T. drops 49 and 15 in 76ers win

AP- Boston, MA| Dec. 18, 2011

At the end of the game, outside of Boston, who was concerned about the scoreboard? Many others were worried about what Evan Turner would have after another career high game. Celtic's fans had to watch in awe as Evan Turner took over yet another game. He got a career high 49 points, and also a career high in assists. What's better is that he shot 19-32 in the game, .593% in the game. That's greatness when it comes to shooting. Now let's talk about the game, we'll get back to Turner later.

In the first half, it looked like the game was going to be a back in forth affair. Both teams didn't want to miss if the previous team scored on the last drive. There were only 3 lead changes, but the game was still exciting nevertheless. The highest lead before the second half was just 8 points from the Sixers, which was quickly drained away by Boston. The game was extremely tight going into the second half. But again, the Celtics just didn't stand a chance. It started with several fast-break points that lead into a heightened margin for Philadelphia. Boston didn't have a chance to catch their breath by the time the Sixers would have scored. What was probably the key to the Celtics' breakdown was this. They had used so much of their energy in the first half, the much younger 76ers were able to pull away at every opportunity.

In the forth quarter there was more of a fight but it wasn't enough. Evan Turner, see? What I tell you? Made sure he stayed in all of the final quarter so there wasn't another collapse and all Doug Collins said when hearing what his young player asked? Why not? He was hot and he had not chance of stopping. Evan Turner went to score 27 points in the second half after having 22 in the first. He racked up as previously stated, 15 assists hitting open players from all around. Even helping out Danilo Galinari when he was struggling. The game finally ended with a 20 point margin in Philly's favor and with a breather from the 76ers squad as they beat one of the elite talents in the East.

"Who couldn't be happy about tonight?" Evan Turner said in response to a reporter. "The only people that wouldn't be happy about my performance would be the Celtics, and maybe even Heat fans, but who cares about the Heat. Lookin' at you D-Wade. I have to say that performances could land me into the All-Star game along with Wilson if we keep it up, and hopefully we will. I won't go crazy with another celebration, I just did that yesterday but right now I'll just bask in the happiness."

Anthony Davis was also caught up with after being seen sitting court-side, also answered a few questions. "I honestly don't know if the Sixers are looking at me. If they are, that will definitely make me happy because I'd be allowed to be able to play with E.T. (Evan Turner) What do I think about Turner's performance. It was amazing! I'm happy for him, dropping 49 and 15 on the Celtics? And not being Rajon Rondo? That has gotta' be a good feeling and I hope it continues for later."

With one more game in between them and the Bobcats, the 76ers will now be heading to Milwaukee to take on the Bucks.

49 points, 15 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers

Turner Sports

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -41-57.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -43-09.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

@ Bobcats

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Have to thank Rosque for giving me the idea of changing how I do the game recap

76ers show why they're dominant in East with big win coming late

AP- Charlotte, NC| Dec. 23, 2011

Well tonight the record between the Bobcats and 76ers is 1-1 split which could have been the Bobcats game because of an uncharacteristic game by the Sixers. In the start of the game Bobcats were able to keep up with the Sixers and even take a few leads in the course of this game. One of the many weapons, three point shooting. Was absent for most of the game for Philadelphia. The game most definitely should have been a blowout if the 76ers could hit 3's that game and played solid D.

In all honesty. Jason Terry was looking great. He was acquired earlier this season for Corey Maggette and tonight it worked out in Charlotte's favor for most of the game. He knocked in 23 points, but wait. Hold on. Tyrus Thomas dropped 28? Yes. He looked like a superstar other than a bust like previously mentioned in other topics. All night the 76ers failed to shut down either player and it hurt them all night. The win would have to be attributed to Evan Turner and Wilson Chandler again. Turner dropped what is becoming a regular thing, another 30/10 game tonight. Though this time it came with 4 turnovers. Wilson Chandler ended the game with 31 points. He obviously helped lead the way tonight.

The game actually looked like it would be going to the Bobcats at the start of the forth quarter until Philadelphia could finally start hitting threes finally putting this team away. They only hit 38%, very average but still most of those makes came in that one quarter since they went 1/10 at the half. Still, this game looked like pure luck for the 76ers. Being a Bobcats fan, I can't wait for Charlotte to get revenge.

"I did it again?" Evan Turner replied when informed of another 30/10 game. "No need for giving thanks again, these guys should know the deal by now. I'm all down for flattery but it still makes me excited. I'm feeling great lately. I had no idea I was even capable of these type of performances last year. I want to keep these performances going so I can get into the All-Star game.

D-Wade didn't even want to even think about the Sixers after beating Oklahoma City. "Just know that we will get them in our next meeting. But until then, I'm not answering any more questions about them."

Philadelphia will now head to SacTown to take on the Kings and Charlotte will host New Orleans both next Tuesday

33 points, 13 assists, 4 steals, 2 rebounds

ESPN
Ernie Simms is a new reporter for ESPN and follows the Southeast division of the NBA. He had no prior jobs similar to ESPN networking but has done a good job at doing it though. Follow his Twitter here. He's been messin' with Tumbler. Follow his page.

Post-game stats
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -18-52.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii6 ... -19-63.jpg
SuperHueyNewton

Re: (18-7) Plan A| I don't wanna kitten or a dog, I wanna Bo

Postby Rosque on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:08 am

No problem mate. ;) Enjoy following your story :) Hopefully you'll do the same with mine :mrgreen: Looks like Turner is becoming the next big ting in the NBA and bring back Iggy ;) BTW: do you have Iverson in your roster? It would be awesome if you had.
Rosque

Re: (18-7) Plan A| I don't wanna kitten or a dog, I wanna Bo

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:08 am

Rosque wrote:No problem mate. ;) Enjoy following your story :) Hopefully you'll do the same with mine :mrgreen: Looks like Turner is becoming the next big ting in the NBA and bring back Iggy ;) BTW: do you have Iverson in your roster? It would be awesome if you had.

Naw, but I wish I did though. When i started this I didn't know where my saves folder was so I didn't download any rosters. No problem btw and thanks for following. I will be following yours though
SuperHueyNewton

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood