:PAUSED:19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: 15-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Broken Pistons

Postby Andrew_Wiggins on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:28 am

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Something has also been aggravating me a bit,. Almost all of Anthony Davis' shots are misses. No matter where he is on the court, his shots say "C+" and most of the time they bounce out, Any solution to this?

You could change his jumpshot form if your not against that. His release is weird, I know that. You could also just buff his mid range j by like +5 to see if that helps.
Future king of the NBA.
Andrew_Wiggins

Postby Hiteshom on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:15 am

Another nice win, and good game with Eric Gordon. Come Check out my association also please!
Hiteshom

Postby Mark. on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:48 pm

I would just change to real FG% for the shooting settings, but that is just me.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:24 am

Mark. wrote:I would just change to real FG% for the shooting settings, but that is just me.

That's what I have it on now, the slider set I'm using has real FG%. Maybe I'll put him in shooting training camp this off-season or in season training (which doesn't allocate points to players in 2K12)

hiteshom wrote:Another nice win, and good game with Eric Gordon. Come Check out my association also please!

Thanks, will do. Surprised everyone isn't concerned with how Detroit is actually above .500%. I may also do another rookie update today.
Andrew_Wiggins wrote:
SuperHueyNewton wrote:Something has also been aggravating me a bit,. Almost all of Anthony Davis' shots are misses. No matter where he is on the court, his shots say "C+" and most of the time they bounce out, Any solution to this?

You could change his jumpshot form if your not against that. His release is weird, I know that. You could also just buff his mid range j by like +5 to see if that helps.

Actually changed the jumpshot just as I read that comment. Switched him to both Kevin Love's base and jumpshot. Was Kevin Love's jump but Cartwright's jumper. I don't think a point boost would be okay though. Overall already 82.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Andrew_Wiggins on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:27 am

I hope you do a rookie update! :D
Future king of the NBA.
Andrew_Wiggins

Rookie Update

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 am

With almost a good month and a half gone in the NBA season, I wanted to take a look at how the NLSC rookies were doing midway through the season. Every player is in a different position. Let's review how everyone is doing:

Player: Riley Gisseman
Team: Philadelphia 76ers
Position: PG

Player stats: 19.5 MPG 1.9 PPG 5.4 APG
Gisseman is looking a pure point guard that could excel in this league. With the injury to Lou Williams, Gisseman has seen his play time sky rocket recently playing plus 30 games six times since Williams' injury. Gisseman really hasn't been concerned solely on his scoring numbers. He's only set his career high to six points. But recently his assists game has been noticeable. In the six games he's started, four of them have been 9 or more assists games, and the lowest assist total was five. He's also kept his turnovers down averaging only 1.4 TPG even with the bump in play time.

Player: DeMarr Jones
Team: Philadelphia 76ers
Position: C

Player Stats: 12.6 MPG 3.3 PPG 3.3 RPG 0.5 RPG
Jones has played like an old school center, not worrying about his scoring numbers at all, but focusing fully on the boards in his given play time. Jones gets very limited play time and with an average of about three rebounds a game, his per-48 minutes stats are very reasonable. Jones gets about eleven rebounds per-48 minutes. He's also seen a minutes bump with the injury to Lou Will, but still is performing the same as he was earlier in the season.

Player: Dwayne Wilson
Team: New York Knicks

Player Stats: 14.0 MPG 6.6 MPG 1.9 APG .374% .304%
Wilson has positioned himself into the Knicks rotation as yet another scorer. With four point guards on the roster, it is surprising that he plays behind Toney Douglas. Wilson is already known as a shoot first point guard, which on a Knicks roster, isn't needed. I'm not saying he isn't a bad player, his efficiency could use some work though. He averages only 37% of his shots, sort of coming off as another J.R. Smith. New York didn't have to use a pick on Smith though. Until Wilson either gets his scoring percentage up or gets his scoring up, I'll just think he's just a player taking a roster spot for New York.

Player: Derrick Perkins
Team: Sacramento Kings
Position: SF

Player Stats: 30.0 MPG 13.3 PPG 5.5 RPG
It's confusing, the most anticipated player going into the draft, Derrick Perkins, hasn't exactly suffererd, but he's recently just started looking for his own shots. The Kings have been able to snag in more wins since he has looked for points more often but it was still strange that he stood around on the offensive side. When Perkins was matched up against Phoenix, we expected him and Anthony Davis to have a battle of their lives, but only Davis seemed to have showed up. Right now, the Kings find themselves where they've found themselves many recent years, in the lottery. You can't completely blame Perkins for the team's struggles, he's one player, a rookie at that. The other players on his team need, no, have to step up if they want to get back into contention.

Player: Tyler Rooks
Team: Brooklyn Nets
Position: PF

Player Stats: 29.0 MPG 7.1 PPG 8.0 RPG 1.0 BPG
Tyler Rooks has not been a disappointment this season. Rather a surprise seeing as he slipped. I was amazed that he almost fell out of the lottery this year but Brooklyn was able to get the pick that took him with the Conley trade. Rooks has been out for the past week being questionable with a bruised tailbone. He's nursed it well but Brooklyn hasn't been able to stay afloat , having multiple losses come back to back on the outside looking in. Hopefully when Rooks returns, he can help Brooklyn again.

Player: Drazen Petrovic
Team: Phoenix Suns

Player Stats: 12.0 MPG 5.5 PPG 2.3 APG .4103P%
You could very well argue that Drazen is buried on the depth chart. Though in his given play time, Petrovic has played both well, and efficient. He's currently continuing his tremendous play from three, shooting an impressive 41%. Drazen has taken his bench role well after leading his team against the Derrick Perkins-led Barcelnoa team that ended up topping him. He's stayed out of the press and has acted like a great teammate a and locker room presence. Right now the Suns are currently in the playoff picture after going a into the lottery last year with a record of 15-11. Petrovic and the rest of the Suns team has played well.

Now let's see how these rookies can do as we push even further into the NBA season.
SuperHueyNewton

Chapter 10: Those guards though...

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:36 am

Ahh, Christmas what a wonderful time for basketball. Get the traditional presents from friends and family, and even more presents in the form of basketball. Instead of staying with the team in Phoenix for their Christmas game against the Cavs, I decided to travel out to Texas to watch the Baylor Golden Bears take on the North Carolina TarHeels. I'll catch the Cavs game, (hopefully you do too) but for now I want to watch the super good, super surprise C.J. Bias and his cast of Heels take on the Golden Bears being led by Pierre Jackson and Isaiah Austin.

Bias has broken out as a story, being the only heir of the late Len Bias, this kid struggled to get here. Now he's placed his team to No. 1 in the poll competing with the No. 12 Bears. Now, though the other scouts in attendance are watching Bias, I have my eyes on the pass first Jackson and the uber-athletic Austin. Both players are known around the league to be taken later in the Draft, and Jackson may not even be drafted. The defense on Austin is impressive though. We'll need someone to backup O'Neal if he leaves or decided to retire next year. I like Austin. I didn't want to keep O'Neal because I already had my eyes on this guy the whole time. Look at me, thinking ahead like Joe Dumars.

This game was interesting, Bias and Jackson were going tic-for-tac on each other tallying most of their respective teams points. Each of them easily had about 20 points when the scoreboard read 48-46 NC still late in the first half. These guys seemed to have wanted it badly going into this one, because it may be the last time they see each other until they hit the NBA scene.

At the half, I worked my way down to the Baylor side and asked the coach if I could speak to Pierre, Pierre noticed me and immediately recognized me. We were both from Florida after all, panhandle natives. We walked and talked towards the locker room where it was quieter for me to talk to and hear him.

Huey Newton: It's nice to meet you Pierre, you're playing great out there tonight. Giving these guys a fight.

Pierre Jackson: A fight pssh, them boys ain't even nice with it. I'm making it look to easy right here, I should pass more.

Newton: Haha, maybe, don't want those guys getting mad out there. Now,you understand I'm from the Phoenix Suns, right?

Jackson: Yeah, you turned them around real fast man, that EG signing made some of the Hornets fans 'round here angry, but since their stuck in irrelevance now, I'm sure you don't care for that too much huh?

Newton: Not really, no. I came here to have an interview, the league is aware I'm here, but I would like to talk to you more after the game somewhere while we watch the Cavs and Suns game.

Jackson: Yeah meet me at Aces Bar, I'll be there before tipoff after we celebrate this victory.

Newton: All right, catch you later

I walked back to my luxury box to continue to watch the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took me a while to find Aces, but I finally pinned it down with my GPS. The Bears actually won the game in a double-overtime with a score in the high 120s. Bias and Jackson really looked to make each others rivals after that game. Especially since one was crowned No. 1 in the nation for two straight weeks.

When I walked into the bar, the energy was crazy, fans that had just watched the game end who were wasted was screaming and cheering were all over the place, it was like being in an active construction sight that was bombed or something. I had to trudge through so many drunkards to finally find Pierre, who wasn't actually drinking. He is a student after all. Though was still getting pretty rowdy with his squad. When he finally noticed me, he asked the barteneder to turn the channel to ESPN to see the SportsCenter, and then the game between Phoenix and Cleveland. They went on to talk about Jackson's heroics while we talked.

Jackson: Man, I was there so I know what happened anyway. So what is it your trying to interview about?

Newton: I wanted to tell you the Suns have been looking at both you and Isaiah, how do you think you would fit in our roster?

Jackson: Man, that's hard to say, for me anyway, 'cuz Imma pass first guard and all, and you have another pass first guard and a shooter backing him up. On top of that you have Avery Bradely rotating in and out of that position, then there's Landry. Man I don even know doe folk. It's like, I really hope you aren't here to get my hopes up because. It would entirely be more likely for Isaiah to be drafted than me.

Newton: I understand what you're saying, it is very likely to see O'Neal to retire by season's end and we could automatically use that open space for Austin.

Jackson: Yeah, yeah, and those guards though...

Newton: Yup, our backcourt is especially packed, but think about it this way. Continue to dominate, then we'll make decisions leading up to the draft on how to handle our roster with you coming in.

Jackson: I like that man. Let's get to this game now.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: 15-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Chapter 10

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 am

Gordon puts in 30 for Christmas as Suns blow out Cavs
Cavaliers Stats | Suns Stats

Merry Christmas sports fans! Hope you're having a good year as it ends, Suns fans certainly are after their Phoenix Suns blow out the Cleveland Cavaliers 87-105.

The game started off evenly for both teams as each fought each other for the lead going back and forth. The Cavs started the game with the first points, but Eric Gordon, off of play from Goran Dragic, and a fastbreak dunk, gave the lead to the Suns that they wouldn't relinquish for the rest of the game. Eric Gordon proceded in the quarter to put in another six points before the first quarter ended giving him eleven for that one quarter alone.

It seemed Gordon had to make most of the shots in the first quarter because most of the main scorers around him were struggling. Thaddeus Young, being able to get one dunk after two shots, ended up with a first half shooting ratio with 1/5 with only three points coming off of an and-1 that came with the dunk. Young was able to get another and one dunk, but it was still having a hard time getting things going.

Young after another and-1

As we moved into the second quarter, Gordon didn't come in until there was about five minutes left, but everyone around him was not only able to keep the lead, but expand it as well. Landry Fields was able to come in and pick up some of the slack the other shooters were giving him. Fields poured in seven quick points to push the lead up higher. Alongside Arnett Moultrie and Darrell Arthur manning the inside, the Suns' defense didn't let many hiccups go by, getting easy rebounds leading to fast-break shots. When Gordon returned, he turned in another nine points to give him 20 at the half and 16 points lead in Phoenix's favor.

Look! It's everyone's favorite Andre Miller replacement! Remember him from Philly?! Tha's Gary Jackson!

In the third quarter Thad Young finally turned things around. He finally started to heat up getting seven points and getting to the free throw line connecting on one, he was finally potent from the post, where he was struggling before. Without going for threes, Young worked his way inside time and time again for layups or getting second chance buckets. Gordon actually struggled in the quarter, so Young had to be leaned on some in that time frame. Fields also hit less shot than before, getting his last four in the quarter. It was all balanced scoring from then on. The Suns were still feeling good dropping some of their lead, but staying above ten the whole way.

The forth is when Cleveland had their comeback attempt, Phoenix wasn't having any of that, answering any shot the Cavs had. The closest the Cavs were to grabbing the lead was by an eight point margin. Antawn Jamison tried his best, bombing three after three, but to no avail. Some of the bench was able to turn up as well. Drazen Petrovic got himself into a fastbreak dunk, and proceeded to steal the inbound pass, he missed the three pointer he immediately attempted afterwards though.

With that, Eric Gordon quietly got himself thirty points and the Suns were able to tally a win on Christmas, not a bad present in my mind.
SuperHueyNewton

@ SAC

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:48 am

Suns blow 20 point lead in win

Suns Stats | Kings Stats

Let's admit it, the Kings are BAD, and the way the Suns have been playing is very good, so don't allow the scoreboard to show that this game was close.

In the first minute and a half of play time, you could argue that BOTH teams are bad, with both not scoring for at all in the time frame. Both teams started off the game with a shooting ratio of 0/5. The first bucket was an easy dunk by Eric Gordon, who hadn't taken a shot yet, then the game officially started for the Suns. I say the Suns because, they went on a 10-0 run for almost another ten minutes looking dominant. The Kings finally halted the run with their first bucket, which was a three, was drained by Derrick Perkins, then the second bucket was drained by Perkins. The game began to get very high paced from there with Eric Gordon and Thad Young tearing the defense up. Both getting eight points each to begin the quarter. Young would only get one more bucket after that for the game, but Gordon., scored much more after that. The quarter ended with bad defense from Drazen Petrovic and Jimmer Fredette getting a buzzer beater lob down the court.

The second quarter got extremely slow and boring with both teams getting very fundamental in their approach. Gordon sat out for much of the quarter not getting in another bucket for the quarter, and since he's the catalyst for the Suns, the game stayed very slow with Petrovic at point. Landry Fields tried his hardest to get his own version of Gordon going getting six in the quarter. Thad Young put in his aforementioned final bucket in that quarter too. There wasn't much fight in this second quarter as the Suns lead inched another two points higher.

The third is when things picked back up. Gordon put in a quick six points, Antony Davis also picked his game up. Davis already had 13 points in the game, and started getting his own shots to go in from the post, or put backs. Davis picked up three rebounds that helped Phoenix push their lead up to 17 points. Davis ended the quarter with 21 points and even got an and-1 one Derrick Perkins as seen above.

The forth, Gordon started to go crazy, entering the quarter with 17 points, Gordon got hot hitting shot after shot, and getting to the free-throw. Tyreke Evans then started to go crazy, so Gordon and Evans went on a scoring contest, in which Evans won. The lead went from 20 to 7 because Gordon took bad shots trying to outdo Evans and not running the clock out. It also didn't help that Woodson put the whole bench unit on the floor at once while Evans was hot and Sacramento's whole starting unit was on the floor. The Kings were able to out-match Phoenix in the quarter, but still came up short in the end.

SuperHueyNewton

Re: 19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Davis vs. Perkins

Postby Andrew_Wiggins on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:17 am

Man your suns are lighting it up. Your roster is stacked offensively and defensively. Great job, man! This is the suns year!

Sad to see my heels lost but thanks for writing the baylor-tar heels game it was an awesome read!
Future king of the NBA.
Andrew_Wiggins

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:35 am

Andrew_Wiggins wrote:Man your suns are lighting it up. Your roster is stacked offensively and defensively. Great job, man! This is the suns year!

Sad to see my heels lost but thanks for writing the baylor-tar heels game it was an awesome read!

Oh my goodness yes! I can't tell you how much fun it is to play with this team!

Still close, double overtime ain't bad, someone had to lose :lol:
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:36 am

What are Petrović' stats?
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:59 am

Rosque wrote:What are Petrović' stats?

Well there are stats above but here are the most recent ones:

11.8 MPG 5.7 PPG 1.3 RPG 2.7 APG 0.3 SPG 0.2 BPG .439 FG% .392 3P%
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:22 am

That's poor FG%. :x But he's young and a future of your franchise ;)
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Rosque wrote:That's poor FG%. :x But he's young and a future of your franchise ;)

It's really decent for a shoot first guard, I've been the reason his FG% fell because I've been throwing up shot with him to see them clang off the rim.

Sorry for no updates lately, haven't had any time to play 2k recently or make a write up, mad busy at work and school.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Rosque on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:08 am

I want him to have 50% from the field. Like Dražen :)

Can't wait for new updates.
Rosque

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:52 am

KG Primed to retire or leave Boston?

Earlier in the season it was rumored that Kevin Garnett, or KG, was prepared to hang up his jersey and retire from the league as a Boston Celtic. Now rumors are flying around that he may explore his free agent options this off-season.

KG stated in an interview with Sports Illustrated that he wasn't willing to touch on the subject. "That really isn't something on my mind right now. I mean, come on we're only twenty eight games in, retirement, or a new team isn't something worth weighing right now."

Former teammate Avery Bradley of the Phoenix Suns commented on his stance of Kevin Garnett's situation. "You know, I don't know what KG is thinking, we stay in contact, even after my trade, but leaving Bean Town has never been a conversation for him, nor do I expect to hear anything of the sort. He's going to stay where his heart is, and that's Boston, or hang it up completely."

The Boston Celtics which is at a strong 21-7 record, getting most of those wins on the road, is playing strong. Their current away record is 13-3 and each Celtic is playing strong, including Kevin Garnett. Garnett is currently averaging 17.1 PPG 8.6 RPG in 31.4 MPG. His scoring has taken a slight jump from last year when he averaged about 16.6 PPG. Garnett has been able to keep his high-caliber play and attitude. Even after 18 years of playing and currently at the age of 36.
Garnett's stats are still impressive with the many seasons he has under his belt

In games you can still see KG's fire, evident by his barking at Carmelo Anthony in there loss to the Knicks. Garnett was able to shake 'Melo up so much,
'Melo was in high enough tempers to fight, but then got ejected. Carmelo Anthony was suspended one game after that for waiting for Garnett after the matchup at the Celtic's team bus.

His leadership has also gotten many players to take more, and better shot. Rajon Rondo, though not really knocking down many shots, is currently averaging 11.4 PPG compared to 9.4 PPG last year. Shannon Brown was also inspired when KG fouled out recently against the Bulls and Brown proceeded to score 26 points in the blow-out in Brown's additional minutes.

Kevin Garnett, a future hall-of-famer, is the only person who is sure where he'll end up after this season. No matter how you look at it, it will make headlines
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:41 am

Though the Chicago Bulls have about four or five shooting guards under contract, they're still looking for their two-guard of the future. Their interest has piqued in wing player Landry Fields.

Fields is having an okay season with the Suns, his role hasn't really been scoring this season, similar for his every season, though has done an impressive job on the boards. Fields averages 17.5 MPG and scores about 4.6 PPG while grabbing about 3.5 RPG. Fields gets around 12 rebounds per-48 minutes which is impressive for a guard his size. His scoring stat may be pedestrian, but at times, he really helps the Suns. There are games where he comes in and just gets hot offensively, there are other games where he plays strictly to play defense and crash boards and draw defenders away.

The only question I have is, why are the Bulls interested? They already have Rip Hamilton, and rookie William Buford who are both their offensive threats along with Kyle Korver. Their defense is help up by Ronnie Brewer who can easily be backed up by the Bulls' other rookie, Jerome Thorpe. That's is why the Bulls interest in Landry Fields, who really isn't very elite, puzzles me. There are many guards the Bulls could be interested over Fields right now.

It is unexpected Phoenix will even move for a trade even if Chicago approaches Phoenix. Huey Newton, who was someone who really loved to make moves last year has been very reluctant to do any trades this season. His trade for Michael Redd is the only trade he has made during the season so he wouldn't mess up team chemistry. The trade for Marcus Morris and Goran Dragic is acceptable because those were his only major moves in this year's previous off-season.

A player the Bulls could go after his disheveled Marco Belinelli, who is currently out with a sore knee and wouldn't be able to pass a trade physical. After he heals though, the Bulls would be smart to go strongly after him once he heals. Belinelli is currently playing behind Veterans Delonte West and Vince Carter and only gets about 11 minutes a game. Carter, who was out for a severe ankle sprain, just recently played his third game as a Cav, but his extra minutes never were given to Belinelli, which has caused the latter player to become severely angry.
The only players missing from this old-looking team photo is LeBron James and Mo WIlliams/Baron Davis.

As January approaches, expect a few trades to be submitted this year before the February 21 deadline.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:50 am

The Suns go through their second month of basketball second in the Pacific region only chasing Golden State. The month ends with the Suns holding on to a 19-11 record. Only seven games remaining to equal last year's record where they only won 26 games. Phoenix also went on a six game win streak while also taking out the Dubs and Anthony Davis getting all in Derrick Perkins face. The beginning of the month was bumpy though, causing Phoenix to lose very slight footing in the west by dropping to forth. I should add that Phoenix went 9-7 in the month, you would like to see more wins starting out the month than loses that the Suns ended up grabbing.

Some losses were understandable, losing to the Heat and Nets isn't something to fret about. Blowouts to the Atlanta Hawks and Toronto Raptors do lead to slight worry, but after a while, Phoenix was able to get themselves together and end a month on another win streak.

Now we will dive in to the Suns' stat leaders. The player anchoring the most points is none other than guard Eric Gordon:
Gordon's scoring ability has been an excitment to watch over the last two months, he's keeping his shooting percentage up while also getting a nice amount of points. It becomes easy when Woodson preaches that he wants to spread the points around now because the second highest score is Thad Young, who scores almost seven less points than him, then followed by Dragic getting only a little over 12 points per game.

Gordon's will to shoot the ball has led to plenty of close wins and blow outs, as illustrated in his game winner against the Clippers where he dropped only 11 points, but was able to sink the game winning bucket, to the game against Cleveland where he went off for 30 in a game he could have easily sat out for.

Leading in the rebounding and blocks department, we have rookie Anthony Davis:
I wouldn't call Anthony Davis a defensive anchor just yet, but seeing him has a rookie has me thoroughly impressed. Davis has had many games where he just eats up the boards and acts like a man possessed getting many blocks in his wake. There are also those games when he plays like a big man, and also scores. Davis had three games in December where he got more than 20 or more points, and nine games where he got 10 or more points. He is even able to stretch the defense on occasion being in the top 5 big men to shoot from three behind the likes of Ryan Anderson, Dirk Nowitzki, Al Harrington, and Kevin Love. How many of those players are known for their defense as well? None of them, Davis has already solidified himself as one of the best big-men in the NBA.

The assists and steals pro is point guard Goran Dragic:
Dragic this year finds himself in the top ten in assist per game amongst point guards, seventh in fact. His assists total has also doubled since last year and has stayed up on a consistent basis. Dragic had only two games where he didn't get five or more assist. His passing skills and smart shot selection should put him up there with some of the best pass first guards in the league like Jason Kidd and Steve Nash, Dragic's predecessor. Dragic's steal total may not be that high, but Phoenix still ranks the best in the NBA in steals per game, so you can wave that off for now.

To begin January, Phoenix host general manager Huey Newton's previous team the Philadelphia 76ers. The team that features All-Stars such as Wilson Chandler and reigning MVP Evan Turner. This is the team Newton put together early in his career as a general manager and its going to be exciting to see his old project go up against his new project.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: 19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: December recap

Postby Rosque on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:13 am

Gordon looking like an all-star. Davis is gonna become Dirk with great defense (isn't his range a bit exaggarated?) and Dragić is doing great job finding his teammates. Looking forward to new report. :)
Rosque

Re: 19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: December recap

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Wed May 01, 2013 12:50 am

Rosque wrote:Gordon looking like an all-star. Davis is gonna become Dirk with great defense (isn't his range a bit exaggarated?) and Dragić is doing great job finding his teammates. Looking forward to new report. :)

Thanks, Gordon isn't even rated that high on the draft votes for now :x . I know that Davis' defense seem a bit overrated, its weird, its the computer that usually takes the threes. His three point range is in the low seventies, but in simulated games he shoots them quite a bit. He's never behind the line for me to look for him there, and most of the time he misses. I'm also trying my best to make Dragic one of the best passers in the league, and being number seven isn't bad.

When I get the chance, I'll be making a new chapter. I hope to make it a good one seeing as though we're taking on the Philadelphia 76ers for the first time this year.
SuperHueyNewton

Chapter 11: Up all night

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Thu May 09, 2013 11:05 am

Oh the feeling I had stepping into the stadium was unequal to all else. It has been SO hard keeping my enthusiasm these few days. I haven't slept since beating Sacramento and you can see it in my face. I want this game against Philly tonight, I simply can't wait.

My slick office doesn't normally shine bright with sunshine. Today though,the light was bleeding through as if my blinds were only leaves at the top of a jungle. My coffee was barely keeping my eyes open, damn McDonald's frappes. They do you no good. It was still about noon at this point and I had already been up the day before New Year's day, and the day after. Of course I wasn't going to sleep last night. I hope our players did though, they'll need the rest.

My eyes did another set of pin setting when there was a knock at my door. I grunted to tell them to come in and the first thing I saw was a man with a maze in his hair.

Huey Newton: Hey A.I. You been to sleep yet?

Allen Iverson: You kiddin' me? Of course not. I'm as ready as you are for this game, feel like I've been awake since Christmas.
He studied the look on my face and the half-empty coffee on my desk.
Iverson: Doesn't look like you slept a peep either.

Newton: Nah, but I have kept myself busy these last few days, haven't gotten my hands on Thad since leaving Sacramento a few days ago.

Iverson: Humph, why do you need him?

Newton: I'm checking up on everyone, it's weird for him to drop off the face of the world like this. If he had something personal, he'd tell me I would think.

At my last word, both of our phones went off. I pulled out my iPhone to read a number I had not yet seen, it was a Pennsylvania number though. Allen answered his right away and looked worried after a few seconds. I set my phone on my desk, they would call my business phone if they really needed me. The phone bounced slightly on the glass table and I thought it would break for a second.

After a while, Allen finally got off of his phone.

Iverson: That was Thad's assistant, he got on the wrong plane a few days ago and has struggled to get back. He boarded a plane to Philadelphia instead of Phoenix and couldn't get on one during New Year's Eve. He's on his way back, but I can't imagine how tired he'll be on the way back.

I wiped my face
Newton: Shoot. I wished I knew that, seems like he'll have to play a little less tonight. Think we should get someone on a ten-day contract to rest him tonight?

Iverson: Well that could be a plan, but that guy would have to already BE in Phoenix for us to even grab him, we'd have to get those papers signed, like right now.

I had to think, my phone started ringing again and it was the same number. Who was this? I ignored it again and tried to figure out who we could get under a contract. This isn't easy, out of the hundreds of players eligible to play, he'd have to be in Phoenix already. I continued to press on in my head of possible players.

Newton: What about Jason Collins? He has a home in Glendale, right?

Iverson: What? Collins? You mean the guy who came out recently?

Newton: Does that matter Allen? We need bodies right now, we don't have much of a choice!

Iverson: Whoa chill, I think you need to answer that phone right now though, its going off again.

He was right, that same number. I was getting quite tired of this. Whatever reason they keep calling me better be pretty important or I'll yell at them like a sergeant on a gunny. I picked it up so fast it almost slipped out of my hands and just about knocked over the table. I made a indication to Allen.

Newton: Get Jason on the phone ASAP to talk about his vets minimum.

It took a small second to set my attention to my phone as Allen was leaving.

Newton: Now who is this, and why do ke-

???: Hey Huey! Took you long enough to answer. Miss me?

The voice was unfamiliar. It wasn't Josh Harris, didn't exactly sound like a spoiled punk, but it sounded more like someone who rarely humbled themselves.
Newton: Can't say I do, nor do I even know who you are. Who is this?

???: Oh, don't be like that. You were going to draft me before getting fired anyway! Haha! -click-

He hung up, I think I know who that was, he's only playing because Lou Will is out. BYU guys these days. I walked out of the office to see where Allen had headed. I asked my assistant Connie if she had seen him and she told me he left the building, "Going to StarBucks" she said. Well, leave it up to Allen Iverson to get perfectly distracted before one of our most important games of the year.

I exited the building and headed toward the cafe. There was actually no sign of Allen when I stepped into the building. It was also dark from the green tarp hanging over the window and a lack of light from the like, three lamps every one of these establishments have. I traced through the crowd to see Louis Williams talking with Allen. I said nothing at first until Lou looked up at me and stopped mid-sentence.

Louis Williams: Hey um... Huey, what's up man?

Newton: Ah nothing, I sent my assistant manager to sign a player, but he seems to be having coffee with a guy with a broken back I see.

Williams: Oh...

Iverson: Sorry Huey, I did call, and he is on his way to the office now, Josh actually called me here and I saw Lou and we just started talking.

Newton: What did Josh want to talk to you about?

Allen stayed quiet after that question, he appeared like he was about to answer my question when some guy in an overpriced suit bumped into me.

Joshua Harris: Umph. Hey watc- oh, Huey. Didn't expect to see you here, Allen tell you yet?

Newton: Tell my what exactly?

Harris: That he's about five minutes away to becoming the new general manager of the Philadelphia 76ers.
SuperHueyNewton

Re: 19-11 Plan B| Phoenix Suns: Chapter 11 OUT!!!

Postby Rosque on Fri May 10, 2013 1:58 am

Traitor.
Rosque

Postby Mark. on Mon May 13, 2013 9:28 am

AI that dog. Although kind of understandable considering his ties to that franchise.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Tue May 21, 2013 7:34 am

Rosque wrote:Traitor.

Wow. One word lol. Actually expected you to fume :P

Mark. wrote:AI that dog. Although kind of understandable considering his ties to that franchise.

HEY! Long time no see! I actually didn't even think about it like that. This was my second rendering of a chapter since the first one craped out on me. I really wanted it to be good. I feel accomplished though.
SuperHueyNewton

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood