::: MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART ::: 2013-14 Season Preview

This section is for basketball video game story threads. Dynasty, Franchise, Association, MyPLAYER and Rising Star stories are all welcome here.

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES ::: Draft '13 & Other Updates

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:28 am

Nice game from Oden playing like that. Knight is actually playing like a star. A monster 17 Assists for him. Dude, he is a MONSTER. haha
The Best Young Team Since OKC - The BROW and the Stingy HORNETS!!!
mrmoves20

Postby Sit on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 am

Thierry • wrote:Looks like Oden is back? Hopefully he goes through the season without any injuries.

Back for one game at least. He is tough to use. He keeps losing the ball in the post. Only good if you get it to him in the right spots.

mrmoves20 wrote:Nice game from Oden playing like that. Knight is actually playing like a star. A monster 17 Assists for him. Dude, he is a MONSTER. haha

Knight is playing huge right now with some big assist games. Showing us that he may have what it takes to be a true NBA PG.
Sit
Fresh

Postby Sit on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:53 am

CHAPTER 4

Sweat trickled down Oden’s forehead as the media huddled around his locker. Oden was the toast of the town since returning to the court ahead of schedule. Although his return was forced, Oden was playing exceptionally well. Tonight’s game was the next big step as he filled in for the other Greg – Greg Monroe – who was sidelined with back spasms.
“Our centre got 20 years older overnight,” Rodney Stuckey joked to reporters, “But we still got the win.”
Oden shouted across the locker room at Stuckey, “Not bad for a 45 year old right?!”
Oden then turned his attention to the handful of reporters around his locker, “Look, I’ve got to cut this short now because I want to get out of here before the Knicks come in and take out the loss on us.”
The reporters laughed and dispersed so that Oden could get to the showers. Meanwhile, Coach Frank was outside in the corridor answering some questions from media.
“What is Greg Monroe’s status Coach?”
“As I said before the game, it’s day to day.”
“What did you think of Greg Oden’s performance in his first start for Detroit?”
“It is what it is. A solid effort and I’m glad he is playing strong considering that he has been forced back like he has been.”
“The team has been struggling recently. How do you think you guys can improve on your performance?”
Coach Frank’s phone started to ring, saving him from answering the question, and he excused himself from the media contingent to answer it.
“Hello?” Coach Frank walked towards quieter space.
It was Bobby on the phone, “Hey Coach, good win!”
“Thanks. What’s up?”
“We need you to come up for a meeting when you are back in Detroit,” Bobby briefed him.
“Sure, that’s fine,” Coach Frank stated and waited for Bobby to give him the details.

Coach Frank joined Dumars and Bobby in the conference room for their meeting. He still had no idea what it was to be about.
“Good morning gentlemen,” Coach Frank nodded at the two of them.
Dumars acknowledged him with a nod and Bobby said hi.
“So what’ going on?” Coach Frank broke the ice.
“We’re trying to decide on the direction that we need this franchise to take,” Dumars said, “Given our recent slew of results, I really think we have to make a decision on whether we are going to dedicate ourselves to continue building around what we have or blowing it all up and rebuilding.”
Coach Frank’s first thoughts came right out of his mouth, “Had it not been for injuries to Tayshaun and Monroe, I think we would be doing pretty well.”
Dumars didn’t disagree but was frank, “I see your point but we probably still would find it hard to contend for a playoff berth.”
Coach Frank nodded, “To be honest, we are one or two players off of being a real playoff team.”
“How do you think we could fix that?” asked Dumars.
“We need an All-Star calibre player,” Coach replied, “I don’t have anyone on my roster that I would call a true shoe-in All-Star.”
“Right…” Bobby mumbled as he continued scribbling notes.
“And that’s my main concern,” Dumars stated.
“Yes…” Coach Frank was listening.
Dumars continued, “To me, we don’t have a strong enough team to be a guaranteed playoff seed. We are also not bad enough to get a high pick in the lottery. We’re sort of in no-man’s land.”
“That’s right,” Coach Frank said in agreement.
“And that’s not good,” Dumars stated the obvious, “Bobby and I have come up with two things we could do and we want your opinion on it.”
“Sure,” Coach Frank sat up straight, “Give me what you got.”
Dumars didn’t say anything more and looked to Bobby.
Bobby cleared his throat and proceeded, “We can’t stay put because we are going nowhere. We either retool or rebuild…”

Bobby firstly ran over the team’s situation before explaining in-depth the two options of retooling or rebuilding to Coach Frank. He noted that the team had two big contracts coming off of the books: Charlie Villanueva and Corey Maggette. They were not intending to resign either of them and this would give them a lot of financial flexibility. However, it was not enough for the team to reach their goal that is to contend in the near future. Bobby and Dumars were of the view that it could be wise to trade their expiring assets and turn it into talent.
“By trading Villanueva and or Maggette, we are going to forgo any shot of signing a big free agent,” Bobby explained, “But quite frankly, Detroit has never really made a splash before in free agency so we’re hedging our bets a little bit. Forget about free agency and trade to get talent in.”
Dumars added, “Coach, we just need your input into who you think would be a good fit for the team. We know that you have done a good job with these guys here so we trust your input.”
Coach Frank did have a few names in mind, “I can think of a few guys. My idea of the identity of this team is a young, defensive team that can get on the break and put up buckets quickly. We need athleticism and defence to contend against Miami and Chicago.”
Bobby had his pen ready, “Give us some names Coach.”
Coach rattled off a few names and Bobby scribbled all of the names down. Bobby then ran over how he and Dumars envisioned rebuilding would be. He noted that the team could rebuild through the Draft and free agency. That would also require the team to offload some of their talent and to turn it into more draft picks and expiring contracts to create cap space.
“It’s not ideal,” Bobby said, “I think that it’s in our best interests to stay competitive rather than throw a few seasons away. It’s risky but that’s the nature of the business.”
Dumars added, “Coach, I think you can see why I think that trying to improve our team with what we’ve got by trading for better players is the better option. It’s time that we decide whether to give up our financial flexibility in the summer and go all out for a playoff berth or if we’re going to blow it all up and rebuild.”
Coach Frank was confused, “We can just keep the team as it is. I don’t think we need to do anything drastic. We have good pieces.”
Dumars reiterated, “As I said before, I just don’t think this roster has the talent to be a playoff team year in and year out. It’s my responsibility to fix that and that’s why I want to ask you which direction you would support.”
Coach Frank laughed, “Look, I am in your hands. I reckon you guys should give this team a bit more time to prove itself. What about we reassess it depending on how well we are travelling later on. Rebuild if we are looking unlikely to make the playoffs and retool if we are up there with the fringe playoff teams?”
Dumars thought it was a good idea, “Sure. Let’s do that. Just so you know though, I am getting a lot of pressure from the higher powers.”
Bobby closed the meeting, “Thanks for your input coach.”
Coach Frank got up and shook both of their hands, “Not a problem. Always a pleasure.”

The Pistons’ fortunes improved after the return of Greg Monroe. The Pistons finished 2012 with four straight victories. One of them was a buzzer beating win against the defending NBA champion Miami Heat.
“No one is expecting Tayshaun to get the ball. I want you to take the last shot!” Coach Frank yelled over the top of the Pistons home crowd.
The veteran Piston smiled as Coach was giving him the chance to win the game, “I will give it my best shot Coach.”
Coach Frank drew up a play by using Brandon Knight and Stuckey as decoys. He sent Prince on as a power forward with Corey Maggette as a small forward. Greg Monroe would join the rest on the floor as the fifth player. Maggette was inbounding.
“Don’t let Stuckey get free!” Dwyane Wade was telling Shane Battier coming out of the timeout.
Wade would take Knight on defence. He lined up next to him as the refs whistled indicating that play would soon resume. The Pistons were behind 95-94 on their home floor. Wade was certain that the ball would go to one of their combo guards.
“LeBron!” Wade was pointing towards Stuckey, “Watch him!”
Lebron James was hovering close to Prince and kept his eye on Stuckey. As the ref gave the ball to Maggette, Prince bolted and set a screen on Battier for Stuckey to come off. Stuckey got free and cut away from Battier and moved away from the ball. James recognised it and followed Stuckey. Prince spun around and went the other way towards the ball and to open space. Maggette hit him with the pass and Prince launched a high arching jumper. The Pistons bench rushed onto the floor as soon as the buzzer sounded and the ball splashed through the net. The players mobbed Prince as they took the game 96-95 against the Heat.
“Thanks for drawing that for me Coach,” Prince later thanked Coach Frank.
The high spirit of the Pistons team wasn’t going to last too much longer though as a few nights later the Pistons welcomed the new year with a loss against the Sacramento Kings. The worst part about the game was that the game was not the only thing the Pistons lost that night.
Sit
Fresh

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:Boooooooooooooooooooooo :scold: :lol:

About what?

Beating my Bulls, Brandon Knight actually looking legit, and the Pistons in general :lol:

I know you hate the Pistons. :) It's funny. How will you continue following this story? hahaha

I'll enjoy every loss :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice chapter, prob the only time I'll like you guys winning and Stuckey being good I guess - when they beat Lebron :P
Who got injured again? (p.s. I don't think you can get anyone good via trade tbh, there's nobody on your squad that can get a star player in return)
Valor
MVP

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES: NO MONEY MO BALL ::: Chapter 4

Postby dare on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:53 pm

I think Prince got traded, nice read as always
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Sit on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:15 am

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:Boooooooooooooooooooooo :scold: :lol:

About what?

Beating my Bulls, Brandon Knight actually looking legit, and the Pistons in general :lol:

I know you hate the Pistons. :) It's funny. How will you continue following this story? hahaha

I'll enjoy every loss :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice chapter, prob the only time I'll like you guys winning and Stuckey being good I guess - when they beat Lebron :P
Who got injured again? (p.s. I don't think you can get anyone good via trade tbh, there's nobody on your squad that can get a star player in return)

Who said anyone got injured...

As for trade - I don't have anyone good on my squad to get a star in return but I do have assets (i.e. huge expiring contracts x 2). ;)

dare wrote:nice read as always

Thanks man :)
Sit
Fresh

Postby mpac on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 am

Nice story as always. Very intrigue what has lost with the pistons :) my guess is brandon knight but i hope not :)
mpac

Postby Martti. on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:36 am

I always keep my expirings or trade them for another expiring. I reckon you traded Charlie V.
Martti.
Hot Sauce

Postby Lamrock on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:20 am

Hope you're able to flip your expirings along with some middling prospects for a washed-up overpaid guy that can still kick ass in 2K.
Lamrock
I can change this now.

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Sit wrote:Who said anyone got injured...

As for trade - I don't have anyone good on my squad to get a star in return but I do have assets (i.e. huge expiring contracts x 2). ;)

Well you did use the word "lost" so not a trade where you get something in return I presume?
n please, there isn't a team with a star out there that'll break up and rebuild in the NBA now so....I dunno what you can get with those assets :lol:
Valor
MVP

Postby Sit on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:13 pm

COMPETITION TIME

Guess what has happened at the end of Chapter 4.

2 points for the correct guess
Sit
Fresh

Postby Justine. on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 pm

Crazy guess, Stuckey got traded? :lol:
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby dare on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Like I said Prince got traded
dare
True kings have rings

Postby mrmoves20 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:00 am

I'm going with what dare said, Prince got traded.
mrmoves20

Postby Dmastawwe on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:47 am

Prince either got traded. Or a team overhaul for young talent (all old guys).
Last edited by Dmastawwe on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dmastawwe

Postby Lamrock on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:30 am

My outside guess is that Oden got hurt again.
Lamrock
I can change this now.

Postby newc on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:12 am

I also think someone got injured. And I'd guess it's Oden also.
newc

Postby #thierry on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:11 pm

Injury for Stuckey. :|
“The Takeover”, my weekly radioshow. Image
#thierry

Postby Valor on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Injury to Tayshaun Prince :wink:
Valor
MVP

Postby Sit on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:37 pm

One more day until last guesses can be submitted!
Sit
Fresh

Postby mpac on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:22 pm

injury of knight :)
mpac

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Well tough to guess what happened. I'd say that one of your frontcourt players got injured. Maybe Monroe. Good chapter, good read. Nice win over the Heat.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Houndy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:03 am

I say Stuckey got hurt
Houndy
I guess I'm back?

Postby Woogie98 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Bro sweet story as usual..I have been slacking on my NLSC coverage as of late because of school, but can't wait to be the number 1 pick! :wink:

My prediction: Prince traded, Stuckey injured
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Postby Sit on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:47 am

Woogie98 wrote:Bro sweet story as usual..I have been slacking on my NLSC coverage as of late because of school, but can't wait to be the number 1 pick! :wink:

Thanks Bro! Another reader from out of the woodworks. I love it!

BTW, you bring a really good point. The best way to be a really high draft pick is to decide when to declare. The more points you accumulate, the better of a prospect you will have. For example, guys may declare for this draft but they won't have points to improve in the areas they want their character to improve BEFORE the NBA Draft. By improving BEFORE the draft then you will increase your prospect's stock as well.

That's the one thing I hope my story can provide to everyone and that's to make it a little be it more interesting with this kind of interaction/system.

Sorry for the delay in announcing the news. I have been sidetracked with 3 x Thanksgiving events this weekend - yeah I know.... in Australia :lol:
Sit
Fresh

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES: NO MONEY MO BALL :::

Postby Sit on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:19 am

Oden Injured Four Minutes Into Game
1 January 2013
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just when ‘the comeback’ had made it into the New Year, bad luck had to strike! Greg Oden of the Detroit Pistons just cannot seem to catch a break. He was injured 4 minutes into his first game action of 2013. This time it was not one of his suspect knees but his big toe.

Oden went up for a rebound against DeMarcus Cousins. He grabbed his lone rebound of the game but Cousins landed on top of his right foot. Oden pushed Cousins out of the way and jumped up and down before crashing over. The Pistons medical staff was quickly on the scene and Oden was carried off on a stretcher for precautionary reasons.

A quick examination cleared him of any damage to his knees and a diagnosis of a broken toe. He is expected to be sidelined for up to a month.

Oden was understandably disappointed after the game. “We were just joking last night that karma was going to get back at me because I originally planned to come back in January and coming back early meant that I’ve used up all my bad luck,” Oden said, “I can’t believe that I actually did get injured pretty much as soon as I got out on the court.”

“We are of course sad that Greg went down,” Coach Lawrence Frank said, “Greg was playing really well and he filled in admirably for the other Greg (Monroe) when he was out. We are just hoping for a speedy recovery.”

Cousins was asked about his involvement and he replied, “I don’t care about Greg Oden. ”
Sit
Fresh

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES: NO MONEY MO BALL ::: News Update

Postby mrmoves20 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:34 am

Oden's 24 year old body is like a 50 year old man's. Tough luck, man. Good luck... :) (Y) And I like Cousins' reply lol
mrmoves20

Postby Woogie98 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:54 pm

-____________- BOGUS!!!!! I was rooting for him to be great for the team, but noooooo he just had to go ahead and get injured!!
***SNEAKERHEADS UNITE***
Woogie98

Postby Sit on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:21 pm

mrmoves20 wrote:Oden's 24 year old body is like a 50 year old man's. Tough luck, man. Good luck... :) (Y) And I like Cousins' reply lol

Yes - Oden is definitely an OLD 50 years old. :lol:

Woogie98 wrote:-____________- BOGUS!!!!! I was rooting for him to be great for the team, but noooooo he just had to go ahead and get injured!!

Well - this does keep it realistic. That's the danger with a lot of simming! But don't worry - he will be back after a month! :)
Sit
Fresh

Postby Sit on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:07 pm

Detroit Pistons: First Trimester At-A-Glance

Team Report

Record: 14-19
Division: 4th
Conference: 12th
Games Behind 8th: 3GB

Key Pistons

SG Rodney Stuckey 16.3 PPG 3.4 RPG 5.4 APG
PG Brandon Knight 15.7 PPG 4.5 RPG 7.9 APG 1.2 SPG
C Greg Monroe 14.5 PPG 8.7 RPG 1.0 BPG
C Greg Oden 7.4 PPG 5.7 RPG

Summary

The Pistons were off to a hot start at the beginning of the season before reality checked in and the team realised that it was in for a long season. The injury bug struck down half the team’s rotation with Rudy Fernandez, Tayshaun Prince, Jonas Jerebko, and Greg Oden all having spent time on the IR List. The team’s biggest casualty was Greg Monroe though and the Pistons suffered their worst stretch of the season with him out.

Monroe’s absence saw the Pistons drop very far below .500 as Detroit was 3-6 without him. Since his return, the Pistons have been 5-2 and that included an impressive 96-95 win against the Miami Heat. Monroe (24 pts, 15 reb, 5 ast, 5 blk, 10-14 FG) and Knight (22 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast, 6-14 FG, 5-9 3PT, 5-10 FT) proved instrumental in dispatching the Heat and that was fitting as both have been consistent all season. Knight has been particularly impressive with some spectacular playmaking to start the season.

League Standings*

1. Heat 11-3
2. Wizards 11-3
3. Bulls 10-4
4. Bucks 9-5
5. Nets 9-6
6. Hawks 8-6
7. Sixers 9-7
8. Pacers 8-8
- - - - - - - - - -
9. Cavaliers 8-8
10. Knicks 7-8
11. Celtics 7-9
12. Magic 6-9
13. Raptors 6-11
14. Pistons 6-11
15. Bobcats 5-10

1. Thunder 14-3
2. Jazz 11-6
3. Nuggets 10-7
4. Clippers 8-7
5. Timberwolves 8-7
6. Suns 8-9
7. Kings 7-8
8. Lakers 7-9
- - - - - - - - - -
9. Grizzlies 6-8
10. Spurs 7-10
11. Mavericks 6-10
12. Hornets 5-9
13. Rockets 5-10
14. Warriors 5-10
15. Trailblazers 5-11

*NB: Sorry as I did not record the records of the teams as at the end of December 2012. These records are accurate as at the end of November 2012. I will post updated Standings at All-Star Weekend when the time comes

Monthly Awards

Player of the Month

November 2012

East: Brandon Jennings MIL 21.7 PPG 4.4 RPG 8.7 APG 2.2 SPG
West: Dwight Howard LAL 25.2 PPG 12.5 RPG 2.0 BPG

December 2012

East: Carmelo Anthony NY 30.2 PPG 6.7 RPG 3.5 APG
West: Kevin Durant OKC 27.8 PPG 7.5 RPG 3.3 APG 1.6 SPG 1.4 BPG

Rookie of the Month

November 2012

East: Bradley Beal WAS 14.6 PPG 4.9 RPG 2.0 APG 1.3 SPG
West: Damian Lillard POR 16.3 PPG 3.4 RPG 5.5 APG 1.6 SPG

December 2012

East: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist CHA 15.6 PPG 7.3 RPG 1.2 SPG 1.0 BPG
West: Anthony Davis NO 14.6 PPG 8.5 RPG 2.2 BPG

League Leaders

Postion. Name Team Stat *R=Rookie

PPG

1. Carmelo Anthony OKC 30.2
2. Kevin Durant NY 27.8
3. Kevin Love MIN 26.4
4. Russell Westbrook OKC 26.2
5. Kobe Bryant LAL 24.9
6. Monta Ellis MIL 24.9
7. Derrick Rose CHI 24.2
8. Dwyane Wade MIA 23.9
9. Danny Granger IND 23.4
10. Josh Smith ATL 22.2

RPG

1. Blake Griffin LAC 12.1
2. Kevin Love MIN 11.5
3. Al Jefferson UTH 10.8
4. Joakim Noah CHI 10.8
5. Thomas Robinson SAC 10.8 R

APG

1. Kyle Lowry TOR 9.2
2. Jason Kidd NY 9.0
3. John Wall WAS 9.0
4. Steve Nash LAL 8.9
5. Brandon Jennings MIL 8.7

SPG

1. Kyle Lowry TOR 2.5
2. Chris Paul NOH 2.4
3. Monta Ellis MIL 2.4
4. Brandon Jennings 2.2
5. Jrue Holiday PHI 2.1

BPG

1. Javale McGee DEN 2.0
2. Roy Hibbert IND 1.9
3. Brook Lopez BKN 1.8
4. Tyson Chandler NY 1.8
5. Josh Smith ATL 1.8

PER

1. Kevin Durant OKC 28.0
2. Russell Westbrook OKC 26.7
3. Dwight Howard ORL 25.9
4. Kevin Love MIN 25.7
5. Dwyane Wade MIA 25.0
Sit
Fresh

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES: NO MONEY MO BALL ::: First Trimester R

Postby newc on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Anthony got traded for Durant? :P
newc

Postby Lamrock on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:42 am

Funny to see Oden getting hurt. Hope you can make a run to get back in the playoff picture once your guys recover.
Lamrock
I can change this now.

Postby Sit on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:21 am

newc wrote:Anthony got traded for Durant? :P

:lol: Thanks for picking that up!

Lamrock wrote:Funny to see Oden getting hurt. Hope you can make a run to get back in the playoff picture once your guys recover.

Thanks L-Train! Yeah, shame to have the Greg's getting injured at separate times but when they were both active, we were doing really well at 5-2.
Sit
Fresh

Postby mpac on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:46 pm

go for the 8th seed!
mpac

Postby Sit on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:59 pm

mpac wrote:go for the 8th seed!

Well - we definitely ain't tanking!
Sit
Fresh

Postby Sit on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:00 pm

NLSC PLAYERS

It’s your chance to participate in MOTOWN TALE: HUSTLE & HEART as an NLSC Player!

I have a new rewards and points system for this story. You will be able to spend your points that you earn from tipping contests, competitions, and other methods.

REWARDS AND POINTS SYSTEM

ENTER THE DRAFT

Deadline to declare for NBA Draft: Conclusion of first round of NBA Playoffs

:new: Points updated to make it easier for entry

Enter NBA Draft as a projected undrafted prospect: 2
    Enter NBA Draft as a projected second round pick: 5
    Enter NBA Draft as a projected first round pick: 8

PLAYER DEVELOPMENT

To raise your player’s rating by 5 in a skill based attribute: 3
    To raise your player’s rating by 5 in a physical based attribute: 5

PLAYER DEMANDS

Complain about the coach: 1
    Complain about a teammate: 2
    Demand a trade: 3
    Demand a trade and provide a shortlist of destinations: 4
    Demand a trade and choose your next destination: 5

POINTS LEADERBOARD

These points have been calculated as at 26 November 2012:

Martti – 9
Justine. – 8
dare – 6
Lamrock – 5
Dmastawwe – 4
newc - 4
Houndy – 3
Valor – 3
Mattan - 3
Phil89 - 2
hova - 2
Thierry – 2
mrmoves20 – 1
The X -1
Woogie98 – 1
mpac - 1
badreligionau – 1
King Mellow - 1
Cruzzerr - 0
mp3 – 0

WHO GOT MORE POINTS? Well - check out the past challenge and how everyone fared!

PAST CHALLENGE

Lamrock got 3 points for being the first to post the correct guess.

Newc got 2 points for the correct guess.

Everyone else got 1 point for participation.

NEW CHALLENGE

Brendon Jennings
    Tyreke Evans
    John Wall
    Kyrie Irving
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Brook Lopez
    Josh Smith
    Al Jefferson
    Monta Ellis

All of the above guys could become first time NBA All-Stars. Please decide who made it and who did not make it to the All-Star Game. Deadline is when the rosters are announced by me.
Last edited by Sit on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sit
Fresh

Re: ::: MOTOWN TALES: NO MONEY MO BALL ::: Trimester + NLSCe

Postby Martti. on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Wall, Smith, Lopez, Ellis and Irving made it.
Martti.
Hot Sauce

Postby mpac on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:27 pm

my guesses of who made it:

John Wall
Brook Lopez
Josh Smith
Al Jefferson
Monta Ellis
mpac

Postby dare on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:12 am

Ellis,Wall,Irving,Evans,Smith
dare
True kings have rings

Postby #thierry on Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:02 am

Martti. wrote:Wall, Smith, Lopez, Ellis and Irving made it.

(Y)
“The Takeover”, my weekly radioshow. Image
#thierry

Postby Lamrock on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:07 am

Here's hoping I can score three here to get my foot in as a first-rounder. Here are my picks:

Brandon Jennings
Kyrie Irving
Brook Lopez
Josh Smith
Al Jefferson
Lamrock
I can change this now.

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:56 am

Jennings
Irving
Smith
Jefferson

Monroe had a huge game against the Heat, but the Pistons have a hovesque record at 6-11. Youll need more than a year to turn things around I guess.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Sit on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:47 am

Hey everyone. Got some bad news!

I simmed out the rest of the season to test the rookie prospects. And then it autosaved. So I dont have an extra save file... Fuck Me!!!!

What do you guys want me to do?

1. Start again

or

2. Continue from the 2014 draft with a very very skim recap of the 2012-13 season. Its gonna be slim cause ive gone to far and cant see the team records.

If you choose 2, we can keep doing the prediction games to raise points but not many of you will be in the draft.
Sit
Fresh

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:00 am

Very crucial mistake right there, too bad. Well, I choose number 2 then, continue the season from the 2014 Draft.
mrmoves20

Postby Lamrock on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:11 am

Option 3: Sim to wherever you were in the season, rigging certain simmed games to ensure your record stays the same as it is.
Lamrock
I can change this now.

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:31 am

Lamrock wrote:Option 3: Sim to wherever you were in the season, rigging certain simmed games to ensure your record stays the same as it is.

Agree. You could take this suggestion, Sit. (Y) (Y) (Y)
mrmoves20

Postby Sit on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 am

Well, I was after the trade deadline. I am inclined to keep it as it is. Pissed me off thiugh.

On the bright side, it means that we can get through the season faster.

ok then... please keep guessing with that challenge!
Sit
Fresh

Postby mrmoves20 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:31 am

Jennings
Evans
Wall
Cousins
Jefferson
Lopez
Ellis
mrmoves20

Postby Dmastawwe on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:02 am

Brendon Jennings-Nope
Tyreke Evans-Nope
John Wall-Nope
Kyrie Irving-Yes
DeMarcus Cousins-Yes
Brook Lopez-Nope
Josh Smith-yes
Al Jefferson-nope
Monta Ellis-nope
Dmastawwe

Postby Justine. on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Sucks about that autosave problem. I'm glad PC have this Workaround Tools.

Jennings, Irving, Wall, Smith, and Jefferson made it.
Justine.
Novakaine!

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball Video Game Stories