Basketball Video Game I'd Like To See

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Basketball Video Game I'd Like To See

Postby dascoot on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:17 am

I'm not sure what i would name it (maybe College To NBA ) but here is how the game would be like

You start off in College at any College you choose. You build up your player in college, Kinda like the myplayer mode in NBA 2K11 you get 10,000 skill points. You have to play College games. The Better you play the more skill points you get to build up your player. Also You can enter your name into the NBA draft any time after the 1st year. So when you think your game is good enough and after a college season you enter into the NBA draft. So bascially its almost like NCAA Basketball and NBA 2K in one but it's on your created player who you can pump up by playing games, scrimmages, drills. What do you think? would you buy this? I know i would and have a freakin field day with it.
dascoot

Re: Basketball Video Game I'd Like To See

Postby The X on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:59 am

That game would've easily been possible had College Hoops 2k series still been going. Your college player would've just transferred over to NBA 2k.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Moved to the Virtual Hardwood as it certainly fits the section and we'd like to make greater use of it.

I definitely like the idea, the main problem is getting a worldwide release since there's apparently some issues with the international licensing rights for the NCAA. No worries if there's a PC version or if you've got a PS3, but with the 360 being region specific importing the game from the States isn't feasible.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:37 am

I've actually done this a few times, first with MM 2004 and Live 2004 on the PS2, then again with CH/NBA 2k7 & 2k8

granted its not the same experience but it was still a lot of fun. For the time being the next version of the NCAA mod for 2k11 should support My Player, so you could play a "NCAA" season, then export your guy to a NBA roster to continue the draft and such.
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Simmy on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:48 pm

I have played many college basketball games over the years and 2K8 is still the best. The new EA sports games are not near as good as the old 2k series.
Simmy

Postby The X on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Simmy wrote:I have played many college basketball games over the years and 2K8 is still the best. The new EA sports games are not near as good as the old 2k series.

Welcome to the forums Simmy. Touche.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mavs4Life on Tue May 03, 2011 11:40 am

NBA Classics
Basically you have alot of classic ( some more modern) teams (80s Lakers, Early 2000s Kings,1990s T- Wolves w/ KG) & you can choose some select seasons to play in association, my player tha you can put in a classic season & more. I'd love to see a game where it's all about the oldies.
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=85156

Check out my Defending Champs Association!
Mavs4Life

Return to Other Basketball Games