Gamefly says NBA Jam 360/PS3 is disc based

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Gamefly says NBA Jam 360/PS3 is disc based

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:28 am

http://kotaku.com/5663141/signs-point-t ... am-on-disc

GameFly has listed NBA Jam's PS3 and 360 version for release Nov. 18 and while that's most likely a placeholder date, the fact a rental service listing the game indicates it will be a retail disc release, not a download.

EA Sports has yet to confirm its intentions for NBA Jam on PS3 or 360; it was originally to have been a free download with a one-use code shipping in NBA Elite 11, which was indefinitely postponed on Sept. 27. That version would have come without the game's "Remix Tour Mode."

Since the delay's announcement, however, the game's creative director has said EA Sports is "trying to throw it all in there" and deliver a release with most, if not all of the content in the Wii version, which released Oct. 5. That, plus high-definition graphics and online multiplayer, would seem to justify a $50 or $60 pricetag on something originally intended to be free.

It was recently revealed, by the winning bidder on an authentic copy of NBA Elite 11 whose NBA Jam download code still worked, that loading screens tipped off plans to offer Remix Tour as downloadable content later on.

Kotaku has contacted a representative of EA Sports Vancouver for comment. If any is given, it will be updated here.

Update: An EA Sports spokesman has responded. "The development team is working hard on NBA Jam on Xbox 360 and PS3 to get it finished in time for the holidays. We are not prepared to make any announcements at this time but we should have some exciting news to share very soon."
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Gamefly says NBA Jam 360/PS3 is disc based

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:32 am

I figured it was going to be disc based. Good news if it's just going to be another month, I'm keen to get my hands on it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Gamefly says NBA Jam 360/PS3 is disc based

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:41 am

Further confirmation of the disc release, November 18th isn't set in stone.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Other Basketball Games