Cannot direct pass from 1st pivot??

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Cannot direct pass from 1st pivot??

Postby chal on Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:59 pm

In the recent NBA Live 05 and 06 games I've player on Xbox, I have one other problem (not quite as big as the other):
When first recieving the ball and pivoting, you cannot DIRECT a pass to a teammate. This is because as soon as you move the run D-pad/toggle the player runs/dribbles before passing (ie. you cannot DIRECT a pass pass without running/dribbling from the pivot unless it's your 2nd pivot). Hence the ball goes to a CPU chosen player and registers as bad play due to no direction given in the pass.

Given recent versions of the game have required good direction of passes in order to prevent turnover, this is quite a mistake.

Haven't seen 07 but, 2000-2003 allowed this functionality.
Any ideas on this or other basketball games that allow this are welcome.
chal

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:23 pm

You have already created a topic to ask this question, which I previously moved to the correct section; there is no need to post it again. For future reference, please post any questions about specific games in the series once in the correct section. Thank you.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Other Basketball Games