Moves/Plays In Live

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Moves/Plays In Live

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:06 am

Post here special moves or plays that you do in Live.

Some of my favorite plays include;

pressing "dunk" near the 3pt line then doing the tip-in dunk.
doing an alley-oop to the PG then having him pass out of it to a Center.

and some special plays that I will probably never be able to re-create;

threw up a full court heave (which was an air ball) then tip dunked it in before it hit the ground
then in 2005 i was in the all-star game and threw the ball off the glass with the PG, someone tried a reverse jam off it but missed totally and threw it off the board again and finally the center dunked it through.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:45 pm

Since the addition of FSS I've generally preferred to have at least one Outside Scorer on the roster. Because the layups in their moveset are extremely high percentage shots even in traffic they're very effective when you're desperate for points. They're definitely my favourite "if all else fails" moves.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby vinson on Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:08 pm

i like doing alley-ops because i am good in passing the and yeah like andrew said outside stopper are treat to the oppenets because of the high percentage lay-ups they do and also i prefer a highflyer and a shoter because when you are good in going to the basket you use a highflyer to be unstoppable to the basket as a shoter they are a threat to the outside and also they are helpful in any diffult situation (Y)
HEHE A NOOBS IS ALWAYS A NOOBS
vinson

Postby Axel on Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:38 pm

I usually just load my teams up with a decent big man, and a bunch of shooters. The CPU is pretty dumb in double teaming, so usually you can just throw it in to the big man each time and get double leaving a shooter wide open... if not, repost a few times and the double team will always come (at least for me).

I really dont like FSS that much though, highflyers are essentially dunk over anyone as long as they are in the paint. It's all about show and not enough about reality. I usually just turn the FSS slider down.
Axel

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:26 am

Axel wrote:I usually just load my teams up with a decent big man, and a bunch of shooters. The CPU is pretty dumb in double teaming, so usually you can just throw it in to the big man each time and get double leaving a shooter wide open... if not, repost a few times and the double team will always come (at least for me).

I like to take advantage of that from time to time as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JohnnyLi on Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:14 am

Andrew wrote:
Axel wrote:I usually just load my teams up with a decent big man, and a bunch of shooters. The CPU is pretty dumb in double teaming, so usually you can just throw it in to the big man each time and get double leaving a shooter wide open... if not, repost a few times and the double team will always come (at least for me).

I like to take advantage of that from time to time as well.

This is also one of my favorite plays to run. I also like having a speedy point guard to just drive in for a layup, or dish it out to a decent shooter.
JohnnyLi

Postby Gedas on Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:05 pm

Well, I always like to have a shooting guard that can actually shoot. If I cant get a superstar like T-Mac, VC and ect., I just take a guy like Szcerbiak or Stojakovic. If I need points, there is always a possibility in 07 to get past your defender with the PG in about half court, then the SG comes to guard and the SG is left wide open. So if I need points thats how I go.
Gedas

Postby neo_genesis on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:31 am

This is rather old, but does anyone know how I can perform intentional fouls on NBA Live 2005 for the PC? I can't seem to figure it out. It might be the same with the newer versions. Can anyone help me out?
neo_genesis

Postby JaoSming on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:35 am

press timeout
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby neo_genesis on Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:45 am

Thanks. I appreciate it.
neo_genesis

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:53 pm

I really like setting up my good long range shooters for 3 with the inside out game. I pass tot he post and start to backdown my defender, when the perimeter defender drops in to double team, I can usually pivot from the backdown position and end up inbetween him and my perimiter shooter, then I pass it out to him for the wide open 3.

In Live 2003 I loved the "A.I." dribble move that was performed with the right analog with a quarter circle from the top to the dribbling hand. Also dribbling between there legs or jumping completely over them when I was fouled on a dunk attempt.

I also love using the hesitation dribble to take the ball completely over the defender when they get faked out, but I think it was only performable from 03-06.

In 07 I like using a shooter-superstar's set shot where they don't jump much, especially when the cpu leaves them open on the wing in transition.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Other Basketball Games