Playing multiple NBA games at once

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Playing multiple NBA games at once

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:46 am

So currently NBA 09: The Inside, 2K18 and Live 18 are in my playing rotation at the moment... how do you guys manage? This is so deadly getting the controls mixed up. Got any interesting anecdotes, or just bear through it?
[Hyperize]

Re: Playing multiple NBA games at once

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:39 pm

I find myself gravitating towards one particular mode in each game, and usually differing experiences. With NBA Live 18, I'm playing Ultimate Team because Franchise isn't deep enough for my liking, and it's a stark difference from playing MyCAREER and 2K Pro-Am in NBA 2K18. To that end, I'm not really doing anything with The One in NBA Live 18 because it's doubling up on the career experience, and I haven't done much with MyTEAM in NBA 2K18 (though it doesn't help that my pre-order packs yielded little in the way of good players).

Beyond that, I go back and forth when I need a break from one, or feel motivated to play the other (say, if there's new content I'm interested in checking out). Some weeks I'll spend more time with one than the other, others it'll be about even.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Do you ever find yourself getting the controls mixed up (especially with classic games in the rotation), or do you do pretty well in that regard?
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Definitely, at times. Switching back and forth between the latest NBA Live and NBA 2K game usually takes a bit of adjustment (and results in a few bloopers), though the games have pretty similar controls at the moment. If I throw a retro game in there, I'm bound to make a few more mistakes. The most common one is throwing an alley-oop when I meant to Direct/Icon Pass, since alley-oop used to be on a shoulder button, and Direct/Icon Pass has moved around a few times over the years.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Other Basketball Games