Mark Turmell still has the MJ & Glove version of NBA Jam

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Mark Turmell still has the MJ & Glove version of NBA Jam

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:26 pm

For those who haven't seen it yet, Shack News has posted a great interview with Tim Kitzrow, the voice of NBA Jam. He talks about working on a deal to get a new NBA Jam game out, especially with it being the game's 25th anniversary, but he also mentions the possibility of an old one being re-released:

"So that was a cool side story, he was all excited about having the game I lent my voice to. And he became a one-time-only character for the cabinets that he has. That's kind of a nice side note. Mark Turmell and I, we have spoken and it was on Reddit in an interview, [he said] he does have the original Michael Jordan/Gary Payton game, and we're somehow going to find out if there's a way we can release it. It's like the Holy Grail, the Michael Jordan one-off-only NBA Jam game. We just have some legal hurdles to go through, but we're hoping for the 25th anniversary to get that done.

I imagine that's going to take quite some negotiations to get done, but I really hope it comes to pass. It'd be awesome to have the original re-released, and the special rare edition with MJ and Payton no less.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Other Basketball Games