Sprite 2D NBA Game

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Sprite 2D NBA Game

Postby jaywv1981 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:47 am

Hey guys, I'm learning programming with GL Basic and have been playing around making some NBA 2D graphics. I'm a total noob to this stuff but it looks like it wouldn't be that hard to make a game with practice. So far I've made a simple free throw shooting game with Kobe and Shaq (I was watching an old Lakers game on Youtube and was inspired lol. Would be cool of some of the guys in the community here could come together and make a game. GL Basic has 3D programming too but I'm just now learning the 2D stuff.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jaywv1981

Re: Sprite 2D NBA Game

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:29 am

Pretty cool, best of luck with it! (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jaywv1981 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Pretty cool, best of luck with it! (Y)

Thanks! I'm having fun learning this stuff. I made a practice Bulls gym and a Jordan character to shoot around. Trying to work out all the mechanics for dribbling and jumpshots.

mj.png
mj3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jaywv1981

Postby jaywv1981 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:12 pm

I am working on jump shot animations. Drawing all of these out a frame at a time takes a while but its fun.
phpBB [video]
jaywv1981

Return to Other Basketball Games