Just released: the best new college basketball game on the mobile market!

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Just released: the best new college basketball game on the mobile market!

Postby zolnier on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:49 am

Hey everyone! Long time NLSC member here and for those that don't remember me, I'm one of the first people to ever create a college mod and basic editor for NBA Live back in the day!

I'm excited to announce that I've published a new college basketball coaching sim game for mobile devices, entitled College BBALL Coach.

With this year's college basketball season in full swing, and entering the holidays, I thought it was the perfect time to release this game. It's a combination of coaching simulator, where you set your lineups, recruit new players and simulate games based on easy-to-understand player matchups. Between games, you can either simulate or play any of the 20+ mini-game style practice situations that I created to give your selected player a boost heading into the next game. Pretty easy mechanics but some interesting strategies to consider for sure!

In truth, I started this game as more of an experiment on how well a simulation engine could work on a mobile device (I've probably built no less than 7 different game simulation engines, in actuality). I started with a larger, more complex simulation, but found that an easy way to start out would be with what I wound up with for this release of College BBALL Coach. I think it strikes the perfect balance of experiencing the challenges of college basketball, with an easy-to-pick-up-and-play style of mobile game that makes them so popular. After this, I'm very much interested in releasing a more in-depth version of this style of game for a deeper experience!

I packed some great features into College BBALL Coach:

* Manage your team roster order and gameplan to determine the most effective player matchups for every game.
* Games are simulated based on easy-to-understand player matchups, ratings and abilities.
* Simulate or play any of the 20+ practice drills to improve your players and give them a boost for their next game.
* Practice drills are quick 30-60 second mini-games where you can challenge yourself with agility courses, three point shootouts, progressive shooting drills, running suicides (because everyone loves suicides!!), passing drills and other challenges.
* Progress through a 32-game regular season that culminates in your conference tournament or even the national championship tournament!!
* A full recruiting simulation after every season! Find the next breakout star to add to your roster and challenge other schools in exciting recruiting battles.
* View a full range of stats and historical records for every player and team.
* Track your career progress, contract status and coaching achievements to ensure you are hall-of-fame material. Oh, and by the way, if you aren’t able to find success, you could very well find yourself out of a job, too!
* Thumb through a 15-page digital college basketball preview magazine at the beginning of every season!

I’ve also made this game one of the more customizable basketball games in the marketplace, with the ability to unlock some great in-game upgrades:

* Choose Any Team to Start - unlock the ability to choose any team to begin your coaching career.
* Conference Editor - modify the name of each the conferences in the game.
* Court Editor - customize and edit the courts for every team in the game.
* Player Editor - edit the names, attributes and ratings for every player in the game.
* Schedule Editor - customize your team's schedule and create your own big matchups!
* Team Editor - modify name, color, reputation, region and state for every team in the game. You can also utilize "quick codes" to easily modify all teams very quickly!

Initial responses to my app have been positive and full of overwhelming excitement:
“Awesome Game This is what I've been hoping someone would make, I love it!”
“Best iOS basketball game ever!”
“This game is amazing”

I'd love it if you would take a few moments and grab this new game that I'm so very proud to share with you all!

College BBALL Coach is now available on iTunes, Google Play as well as the Amazon App Store:

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/college-bball-coach/id1182969424

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hotmail.zolnier.CollegeBBallCoach

Amazon App Store: https://www.amazon.com/Zolnier-Games-College-BBALL-Coach/dp/B01MXUB8SG

**SPECIAL FOR MY NLSC FAMILY: Post your reactions in this topic and I'll give 5 random people a code to unlock EVERYTHING in the game!

Thanks so much for the support, all!

zolnier

Re: Just released: the best new college basketball game on the mobile market!

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:21 am

There's a name from the past! Awesome to see, seems we've got a few people in the community releasing games these days.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Just released: the best new college basketball game on the mobile market!

Postby BPDHoplite on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:31 am

I had this game before I found out a NLSC member had created and I must say if you made this by yourself.......Your truly gifted!
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Return to Other Basketball Games