NBA Street Vol. 2 - 2016 Remix

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Postby johnz1 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:34 am

======================================
Rosters & Ratings by johnz1
Graphics by Mazzocchi
======================================

=== RELEASE NOTES ===
This is a complete update for the GameCube version of NBA Street Vol. 2. The rosters have been updated to the trade deadline of the 2015-16 season. The player ratings are based on the NBA 2K16 ratings. All jerseys and logos have been updated for the 2015-16 season. Special thanks to JaoSming for creating the original mod of this game.

Here are the things that have been changed from the original 2003 game:
- Updated rosters (up to and including the 2015-16 trade deadline)
- Updated player ratings (same overall ratings distribution as the original game)
- Updated jerseys
- Updated team logos
- Updated team apparel (shirts, shorts, headbands)
- Added the 2016 All-Star teams
- Added the USA and World teams
- Replaced Philadelphia with Charlotte
- Replaced cyberfaces for a handful of players
- Updated the ISO banner and info file (opening.bnr)
- Replaced the GameCube controller graphics with Xbox 360 controller graphics

=== INSTALLATION ===
This update requires that you own NBA Street Vol. 2 for GameCube and have an ISO file of the game. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR THE GAME OR THE ISO.

To play this game with the updated graphics, you must use the Dolphin emulator:
https://dolphin-emu.org/

I recommend using the latest development version because, at the time this was written, the latest stable release is over two years old.

To update the rosters and ratings, you must follow this process to extract all the game files, replace a few files, and recreate the ISO. This process requires the GCRebuilder utility:
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/619/

1. Open GCRebuilder.
2. Click on the "Image" menu at the top and select "Open".
3. Select the NBA Street Vol. 2 ISO file.
4. In the file browser on the right, right-click "root" and select "Export".
5. Choose a location to save the game files. This will only be a temporary location for these files.
6. In Windows, go to the "ISO Files" folder included in this package.
7. Copy everything in the "ISO Files" folder ("opening.bnr" and the "database" folder) and paste it into the folder where you previously exported the game files in step 5. If you did this correctly, you should be asked whether you want to overwrite the existing files. Choose yes.
8. In GCRebuilder, click on the "Image" menu at the top and select "Close". Alternatively, you can simply close and re-open GCRebuilder.
9. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Open".
10. Select the folder that contains the game files that you exported in step 5 and modified in step 7.
11. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Save".
12. Choose a location to save the new ISO and type in a name for the new file (something like "NBA Street Vol. 2 - 2016 Remix.iso").
13. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Rebuild".

At this point, you have a patched ISO but the graphics and the save game file need to be placed into the appropriate Dolphin directory in order to be loaded:

1. Locate Dolphin's "User" directory. If you have a regular Dolphin installation, the Dolphin directory will be in your Documents folder, and the "User" will be inside that. If you have a portable installlation of Dolphin, the "User" directory is created in the Dolphin directory when you first launch the application.
2. From the "Dolphin Files" folder that is included in this package, copy the "User" folder into your Dolphin folder. If you have opened Dolphin before, it should overwrite the existing "User" folder. WARNING: THIS WILL OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING DOLPHIN SAVE FILE.

By default, Dolphin does not enable custom textures. This option must be changed in the graphics settings:
1. Click the Options menu at the top and select "Graphics Settings"
2. Go to the "Advanced" tab
3. Check the box for "Load Custom Textures"

I also recommend the following graphics options:
- Aspect Ratio: Stretch to Window
- Widescreen Hack: Enabled
- Use Fullscreen: Enabled
- V-Sync: Enabled
- Hide Mouse Cursor: Enabled
- Internal Resolution: At least 2x (set higher if your system can handle it)

For a full Dolphin configuration guide, please see this thread on the NLSC:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=92118

Download - NBA Street Vol. 2 - 2016 Remix

johnz1

Re: NBA Street Vol. 2 - 2016 Remix

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:17 pm

Awesome!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:13 am

Good call on replacing Philly with Charlotte lol

Can you show us some of the cyberfaces??
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby johnz1 on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:32 am

Yeah the Sixers are no fun. I don't think I added any new cyberfaces this year. They are all in this directory:

Dolphin Files\User\Load\Textures\GNZE69\_Cyberfaces\
johnz1

Postby Jonny2k on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:30 am

I can't find a user file on my version of Dolphin. Can I create a new one?
Jonny2k

Postby johnz1 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:32 am

Jonny2k wrote:I can't find a user file on my version of Dolphin. Can I create a new one?

The "User" folder? It's automatically created the first time you start dolphin.
johnz1

Postby Jonny2k on Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:18 am

johnz1 wrote:
Jonny2k wrote:I can't find a user file on my version of Dolphin. Can I create a new one?

Where is located? Mine doesn't have a user folder despite the fact that I've used Dolphin before on multiple occasions.
Jonny2k

Postby johnz1 on Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:19 am

Jonny2k wrote:
johnz1 wrote:

Where is located? Mine doesn't have a user folder despite the fact that I've used Dolphin before on multiple occasions.

It's either in the directory where you run Dolphin, or in your Documents\Dolphin folder (assuming you're on Windows)
johnz1

Postby Jonny2k on Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:26 am

johnz1 wrote:
Jonny2k wrote:
johnz1 wrote:

It's either in the directory where you run Dolphin, or in your Documents\Dolphin folder (assuming you're on Windows)

I checked and its in neither. I tried to simply put the user file that came with the download but it didn't affect the textures despite having "load custom textures" on.
Jonny2k

Postby Wizard2 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:39 am

Editing Soundtrack (EA Trax) for NBA Street Vol. 2

Postby Wizard2 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:00 am

I tried using Gamecube Rebuilder to edit some of the songs but when I rebuild the iso. the songs don't show up, any suggestion?
Wizard2

Postby Hapless Assassin on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:41 pm

I'm not sure why, but I can't get this working on either the development version or the latest stable version. I get the new ISO created, and it runs fine with all of the rosters updated, but for whatever reason the included save file does not trigger the updated uniforms and graphics to load no matter what I do. I of course have "load custom textures" checked, and everything is in the right place. I'm quite familiar with Dolphin, yet I'm stuck. What version are you running this on?
Hapless Assassin

Postby drm236 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:41 pm

Would there be a way to combine all of the years posted? Like historic teams in 2K?
For example, you could have the original teams and players along with the 13-14, 14-15, and 15-16 mod all in ISO.
Is this possible? If so, any idea on how to do it?
drm236

Postby BPDHoplite on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:09 am

Im updating the rosters for ESPN College Hoops 2K3 if you would be interested in that
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby str8ballin on Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:03 pm

It works on Gamecube? Or Nintendo Wii with Retrocompatibility Nintendon't?
str8ballin

Postby JamCentral on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:01 am

DaCrispy wrote:Im updating the rosters for ESPN College Hoops 2K3 if you would be interested in that

did you get anywhere with modding the game?
JamCentral

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:16 pm

I'm making my own mod based off your awesome work. Everything is finished but I'm trying to edit the World, USA and East/West All Star Teams. I can't seem to find them on the Hex on Steroids Program. Any idea how I could change them?
agent_michael_scarn

Postby Mazzocchi on Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:28 am

agent_michael_scarn wrote:I'm making my own mod based off your awesome work. Everything is finished but I'm trying to edit the World, USA and East/West All Star Teams. I can't seem to find them on the Hex on Steroids Program. Any idea how I could change them?

Wow, what a blast from the past talking about this mod is. I got the email that I got a DM, but I have no idea how to respond to it since it doesn't seem to show up here.

iirc, the World/USA and East/West All-Star Teams were just teams made via the in-game custom team maker. I just replaced some of the default logos with custom logos. It's obviously been years since I messed around with this sort of thing.

Glad to see the spirit of this mod is still living on somewhere on the internet.
Last edited by Mazzocchi on Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazzocchi
Resident Mavericks Fan (Since 1994)

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:03 am

It's very random I know haha I still couldn't sort out the teams but everything else works fine. I posted it in the forum. Its the Legendary Edition mod.
agent_michael_scarn

Postby [Q] on Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:08 am

You got any screenshots or videos? I have never been able to get this game running well on any GameCube or PS2 emulators on my computer
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:49 am

[Q] wrote:You got any screenshots or videos? I have never been able to get this game running well on any GameCube or PS2 emulators on my computer

screenshots of the mod i made? of do you mean ways to get the game running on an emulator?

I posted in the Other Basketball Games forum my game, including screenshots.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=110353
agent_michael_scarn

Postby Mazzocchi on Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:31 pm

Glad to see this got updated.

I checked out the other post, and it looks great! I personally would have done a handful of things differently, and updated a few things further, but no doubt it overall took a lot of work.
Mazzocchi

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:53 am

Mazzocchi wrote:Glad to see this got updated.

I checked out the other post, and it looks great! I personally would have done a handful of things differently, and updated a few things further, but no doubt it overall took a lot of work.

I appreciate you saying that! it was a lot of work like you mentioned. I initially started as a current roster update like you guys, then a friend requested Dirk Nowitzki, and the flood gates opened haha

What would you have done differently/updated? If its reasonable I don't mind changing things to improve it more.
agent_michael_scarn

Postby Mazzocchi on Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:59 am

agent_michael_scarn wrote:

I appreciate you saying that! it was a lot of work like you mentioned. I initially started as a current roster update like you guys, then a friend requested Dirk Nowitzki, and the flood gates opened haha

What would you have done differently/updated? If its reasonable I don't mind changing things to improve it more.

Just small stuff that only someone like me would care about, I'm sure haha.

- Making sure players that were present in the original game are using their original player models, and therefore commentary (Dirk, Shaq, Kobe, Jordan, Iverson etc)
- Updating team logos that have changed since 2016 (Timberwolves, Nuggets, Pistons, etc). I understand if you couldn't replicate the original style of the game like I did back in 2016, but then just do your own thing. It's just weird to be trapped in 2016 haha.
- Updating the All-Star teams. I know you asked for help in regards to this, but all you had to do was go in-game to Options > Game Data > Delete Created Team, then you'd be free to make new teams to match All-Stars via My Team > Create Team. Going back to the "Updating team logos" part, then you'd be free to edit the All-Star logos to be Team LeBron, and Team Giannis appropriately if you wanted to stick with the All-Star format (Or any other kind of custom teams, again it's YOUR mod).
- In terms of something bigger, I probably would have tried to give the legends their era-appropriate jerseys, and not just one design for all players on a team. I realize this definitely would be more graphic work which I know is what took me the longest initially, but maybe it could be an addition in a future version.

As a matter of fact, talking about this made me nostalgic for messing around with this game. Since I still have the templates on my computer from way back when, I went and updated the team logos for teams that have had their logo change since 2016 (Cavs, Nuggets, Pistons, Warriors, Rockets, Timberwolves, 76ers, Trail Blazers, Kings, Spurs, and Jazz), and attached it to this post. I also updated the logos for Team Shaq and Team Chuck (now Team LeBron and Team Giannis) as well as the Eastern Conference and Western Conference All-Stars. Feel free to add them to the next release, if you need help on stuff I'm here so let me know or shoot me a PM or something
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mazzocchi

Postby agent_michael_scarn on Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:18 am

Mazzocchi wrote:
agent_michael_scarn wrote:

Just small stuff that only someone like me would care about, I'm sure haha.

- Making sure players that were present in the original game are using their original player models, and therefore commentary (Dirk, Shaq, Kobe, Jordan, Iverson etc)
- Updating team logos that have changed since 2016 (Timberwolves, Nuggets, Pistons, etc). I understand if you couldn't replicate the original style of the game like I did back in 2016, but then just do your own thing. It's just weird to be trapped in 2016 haha.
- Updating the All-Star teams. I know you asked for help in regards to this, but all you had to do was go in-game to Options > Game Data > Delete Created Team, then you'd be free to make new teams to match All-Stars via My Team > Create Team. Going back to the "Updating team logos" part, then you'd be free to edit the All-Star logos to be Team LeBron, and Team Giannis appropriately if you wanted to stick with the All-Star format (Or any other kind of custom teams, again it's YOUR mod).
- In terms of something bigger, I probably would have tried to give the legends their era-appropriate jerseys, and not just one design for all players on a team. I realize this definitely would be more graphic work which I know is what took me the longest initially, but maybe it could be an addition in a future version.

As a matter of fact, talking about this made me nostalgic for messing around with this game. Since I still have the templates on my computer from way back when, I went and updated the team logos for teams that have had their logo change since 2016 (Cavs, Nuggets, Pistons, Warriors, Rockets, Timberwolves, 76ers, Trail Blazers, Kings, Spurs, and Jazz), and attached it to this post. I also updated the logos for Team Shaq and Team Chuck (now Team LeBron and Team Giannis) as well as the Eastern Conference and Western Conference All-Stars. Feel free to add them to the next release, if you need help on stuff I'm here so let me know or shoot me a PM or something

Thank you for making the updated logos! I'll add them soon.

I misinterpreted your previous suggestion for the teams. I thought you meant i had to change it in the team assignment in the Hex on Steroids program.

I did try to keep the players to their original models but i could've missed a few.

The era specific jerseys would be a bit of work. If/when i have more time i might modify the files. These are all great suggestions! I'll def send you a PM if I need help.
agent_michael_scarn

Postby pastrami1993 on Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:53 am

Idk if this is the right place to ask but are you guys using templates for the jerseys at all? I've been looking to make my own but I'd rather not have to edit any existing modded jerseys to do it. It'd be cool to have some "plain" jersey textures and I can go ahead and slap my own text/logos/numbers right onto them.
pastrami1993

Return to Other Basketball Games