NBA Street Vol. 2 - 2016 Remix
Rosters & Ratings by johnz1
Graphics by Mazzocchi
=== RELEASE NOTES ===
This is a complete update for the GameCube version of NBA Street Vol. 2. The rosters have been updated to the trade deadline of the 2015-16 season. The player ratings are based on the NBA 2K16 ratings. All jerseys and logos have been updated for the 2015-16 season. Special thanks to JaoSming for creating the original mod of this game.
Here are the things that have been changed from the original 2003 game:
- Updated rosters (up to and including the 2015-16 trade deadline)
- Updated player ratings (same overall ratings distribution as the original game)
- Updated jerseys
- Updated team logos
- Updated team apparel (shirts, shorts, headbands)
- Added the 2016 All-Star teams
- Added the USA and World teams
- Replaced Philadelphia with Charlotte
- Replaced cyberfaces for a handful of players
- Updated the ISO banner and info file (opening.bnr)
- Replaced the GameCube controller graphics with Xbox 360 controller graphics
=== INSTALLATION ===
This update requires that you own NBA Street Vol. 2 for GameCube and have an ISO file of the game. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR THE GAME OR THE ISO.
To play this game with the updated graphics, you must use the Dolphin emulator:
I recommend using the latest development version because, at the time this was written, the latest stable release is over two years old.
To update the rosters and ratings, you must follow this process to extract all the game files, replace a few files, and recreate the ISO. This process requires the GCRebuilder utility:
1. Open GCRebuilder.
2. Click on the "Image" menu at the top and select "Open".
3. Select the NBA Street Vol. 2 ISO file.
4. In the file browser on the right, right-click "root" and select "Export".
5. Choose a location to save the game files. This will only be a temporary location for these files.
6. In Windows, go to the "ISO Files" folder included in this package.
7. Copy everything in the "ISO Files" folder ("opening.bnr" and the "database" folder) and paste it into the folder where you previously exported the game files in step 5. If you did this correctly, you should be asked whether you want to overwrite the existing files. Choose yes.
8. In GCRebuilder, click on the "Image" menu at the top and select "Close". Alternatively, you can simply close and re-open GCRebuilder.
9. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Open".
10. Select the folder that contains the game files that you exported in step 5 and modified in step 7.
11. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Save".
12. Choose a location to save the new ISO and type in a name for the new file (something like "NBA Street Vol. 2 - 2016 Remix.iso").
13. Click on the "Root" menu at the top and select "Rebuild".
At this point, you have a patched ISO but the graphics and the save game file need to be placed into the appropriate Dolphin directory in order to be loaded:
1. Locate Dolphin's "User" directory. If you have a regular Dolphin installation, the Dolphin directory will be in your Documents folder, and the "User" will be inside that. If you have a portable installlation of Dolphin, the "User" directory is created in the Dolphin directory when you first launch the application.
2. From the "Dolphin Files" folder that is included in this package, copy the "User" folder into your Dolphin folder. If you have opened Dolphin before, it should overwrite the existing "User" folder. WARNING: THIS WILL OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING DOLPHIN SAVE FILE.
By default, Dolphin does not enable custom textures. This option must be changed in the graphics settings:
1. Click the Options menu at the top and select "Graphics Settings"
2. Go to the "Advanced" tab
3. Check the box for "Load Custom Textures"
I also recommend the following graphics options:
- Aspect Ratio: Stretch to Window
- Widescreen Hack: Enabled
- Use Fullscreen: Enabled
- V-Sync: Enabled
- Hide Mouse Cursor: Enabled
- Internal Resolution: At least 2x (set higher if your system can handle it)
For a full Dolphin configuration guide, please see this thread on the NLSC: