stats formula:

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

stats formula:

Postby uly on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:20 pm

does anyone has a formula in converting real stats into an exact rating in the slider of a particular player...
example.. 3pts attempt, 3 pts made and 3pts average convert to an accurate 3 pointer slider.. and others:bowdown: pls pls pls
i'm really having hard time in making an acurate roster, base from the real stats of the players.. I'll really appreciate if you have one, kindly share it to me...
uly

Re: stats formula:

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:32 pm

Rating Machine

Or try this version if you don't want it to automatically makes changes to the roster.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby uly on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:43 am

tnx for this andrew.. so the other sliders on the left side is base on your own calculations and survey? like for example speed, quick, hardeness, strenght. etc.
uly

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:05 pm

That's right.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby uly on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:59 pm

i'm thinking that strength will be base on their weight.. the heavy the player, the high his strength will be.. after all strength is one of the primary component for a POWER FSS ability.. and also the speed, the lighter their weight the faster they will be.. of course hardiness the games played or the total minutes played.JUMPING is base on height + Weight..
in terms of their quickness, i think quickness is also one of the component to be an outside stopper, so i base it to the steal per game.
will this be alright?

i dont know where to base the dunks and defensive awareness...
im thinking for the defensive awareness is 50% steal and 50%blocks.. :|
uly

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:08 am

It's better to base it on the individual player and their scouting reports. Players who can run fast and change direction quickly should have high speed and quickness. Players that are heavier do tend to be stronger, having more muscle, but not all big players are particularly strong. Scouting reports usually make mention of vertical leaping measurements, which is a good place to take Jumping ratings from. Players who are good leapers and frequent dunkers should have good ratings in those areas. Defensive Awareness does take into account steals and blocks, but also consider whether a player is a good lockdown defender/hustle player. Players who score more points should have higher Offensive Awareness.

Hardiness refers to a player's ability to avoid and play through injuries, so their general resilience and the number of games they played is a good indicator there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby uly on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:14 am

oh..i see. making roster is really is really a long time process... :crazyeyes:
uly

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:15 am

It certainly is.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby uly on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:21 am

anyway.. tnx for the info sir.. hope ill finish this while our college basketball here in the Philippines is still kicking..
uly

Return to NBA Live 07