Custom Team... Crash when editing players

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Custom Team... Crash when editing players

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:25 pm

When I made my custom team, I got the logos, court(except dorna) and jerseys working....except when I want to edit my players... the game will crash... is there anything I did wrong, I followed the instructions of the tutorials of bayag and others.... I just dunno why,...... Patching is a sore :crazyeyes:, but it's worth it... Anyone could pls. help me... Techniques and faqs. pls. help... I need assistance... :roll: :roll:
KOBE: CHASING PERFECTION
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Re: Custom Team... Crash when editing players

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:43 am

Make sure you have an away jersey specified for your custom team, in a filename called XXXXaway.viv (where XXXX is the abbreviation for your custom team). That's the file the game looks for when you enter Edit Player. That's the first thing that comes to mind that would cause a crash in Edit Player, the lack of that file.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Thanks sir andrew, one thing, I only got a home jersey, better try this in my game... ur help is useful.. thanks... I'll update it later.. after my IV-year classes.. haha :D
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:34 am

Then that's definitely the problem, every team needs an away jersey for them to work in Edit Player.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Andrew, I have made the away jersey but, It still crashes, and after the trades i have done, the overall is still the same, Why can't I edit my players..... need to change my player's gear... :evil:
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby Andrew on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:05 am

Does it have the filename XXXXaway.viv (where XXXX is the correct four letter abbreviation)? Have you added it to teamgear.dbf and assigned it as the default away jersey (JERSEYTYPE of 1)?

If you're talking about overall ratings of players, they can be recalculated by entering Edit Player (once you resolve the crashing issues). If there's significant enough change in the ratings for the overalls to be altered, they will be. If you're talking about overall ratings for teams, they aren't really that important so I would advise you to not worry about them.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby JBoom_LALALAND on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Finally, I solved the problem, the problem was that I forgot to put the buni file into the sgsm folder(I;m using 2x jerseys) ................. Now it is working and i am very happy... thank u for the assistance sir.... :bowdown:
JBoom_LALALAND
TheJBoom

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Easy fix then, glad to hear you got that straightened out.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Hera Rielle29 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi Andrew,

I created a custom team (RBK Young Guns) but it crashes when i play it. I followed the tutorial exactly as stated but still crashes. The RBK court is working when i play with other team and also the players works in Practice mode. I also tried to play the RBK team with other court and still crashing. I think i have edited the dbf files of coach, location(66), team(51), and teamgear(51) correctly. What seems to be the problem? Hope you can help me on this one.
Hera Rielle29

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:55 am

Make sure the team's location.dbf entry specifies an abbreviation for court files that exist and that you've assigned the appropriate location ID number in teams.dbf.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Hera Rielle29 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:01 pm

I added the other RBK team (with re/reeb abbreviation) and it works. I don't know what's wrong with the other RBK team (rb/rebk) because the process is basically the same.
Hera Rielle29

Return to NBA Live 07