Crashing when changing staff grades

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Crashing when changing staff grades

Postby Cleveland wins on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:53 am

The first several times i used db commander, the game worked fine. I was able to change the staff members grades. But now, ever time i change the grades of all the staff members, the game crashes into the first week and a half of the 2nd month of the dynasty.

And a box comes up saying something about players.dbf, i never did anyhthing with players dbf. Just the staffs grades, i didn't change the years or salarys or anything elese but the grades, it worked but the game crashes, always into the 2nd month of the new season, please help.
Cleveland wins

Re: Crashing when changing staff grades

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:55 pm

You have to be careful messing around with staff.dbf. Once the season begins and staff are assigned to players, making changes can cause crashes (which is why the error message mentions players.dbf).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Cleveland wins on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 pm

You're exactly right! Thanks, that's what i found out. I changed the staff grades "before" i assigned assistants to players, and the game doesn't crash any more.
Cleveland wins

Postby Fluke32 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 pm

I've successfully done this once before, and was able to play 1 full season with an edited staff. What I did was to make sure the staff I am getting has the same overall grade and he's not on my team for only 1 year. Also, as a safety precaution, I made sure that I edited that staff BEFORE I signed him into my team. Anyway, as long as you can keep everything besides a staff's grades as is, you should be able to have a staff with the grades of your choice without crashing the game.
Fluke32

Postby Cleveland wins on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:44 am

Fluke32 wrote:I've successfully done this once before, and was able to play 1 full season with an edited staff. What I did was to make sure the staff I am getting has the same overall grade and he's not on my team for only 1 year. Also, as a safety precaution, I made sure that I edited that staff BEFORE I signed him into my team. Anyway, as long as you can keep everything besides a staff's grades as is, you should be able to have a staff with the grades of your choice without crashing the game.

Thanks, but how do you edit that staff before he's signed into your team?
Cleveland wins

Return to NBA Live 07