Quiting-the-game error

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Quiting-the-game error

Postby megamix on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:56 am

I've played 2005 for a quite now, and decided to move up to NBA LIVE 2007. The problem is, when I finish the game, and click "Quit the game" it just freezes and I need to press that "Close the game" (windows7's error.. like a version of previous well-known send/dont send :F )...

any solutions?
megamix

Re: Quiting-the-game error

Postby BadLuckLuke on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:53 am

Try to re-install NBA Live...
Sorry, this happens to 75%
of the 07 users since the
game got out in 2006, it
appears to be a quite random
phenomenon and there are no
ofiicial and / or unofficial fixes...
A fresh install should do it...
BadLuckLuke

Postby megamix on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:53 am

BadLuckLuke wrote:Try to re-install NBA Live...
Sorry, this happens to 75%
of the 07 users since the
game got out in 2006, it
appears to be a quite random
phenomenon and there are no
ofiicial and / or unofficial fixes...
A fresh install should do it...

well, i've reinstalled the game 3-4 times now, and it's still happening.. too bad.. i'd LOVE to play dinasty mode.. :shock:
megamix

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:14 am

Unfortunately, we've never been able to work out a better fix except to keep reinstalling until it works. As BadLuckLuke mentioned, the official patch from EA doesn't address the issue.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby megamix on Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:10 am

Andrew wrote:Unfortunately, we've never been able to work out a better fix except to keep reinstalling until it works. As BadLuckLuke mentioned, the official patch from EA doesn't address the issue.

well, i've reinstalled it like 5-6 time now, and still i cant play a thing.. too bad.. :? seems i must satisfy myself with only one game :?
megamix

Postby japper88 on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:37 am

megamix wrote:
Andrew wrote:Unfortunately, we've never been able to work out a better fix except to keep reinstalling until it works. As BadLuckLuke mentioned, the official patch from EA doesn't address the issue.

well, i've reinstalled it like 5-6 time now, and still i cant play a thing.. too bad.. :? seems i must satisfy myself with only one game :?

Unfortunately the crashing has to do with Vista/Windows 7.

For most people NBA Live 2007 simply will crash after quitting a game if they are using Vista/Windows 7. Windows XP works fine. I tried Windows 7 XP virtualization mode and it still crashes. Your only option is to install an XP partition to play... I just use an old comp that still has XP on it to play, since the game doesn't need really powerful graphics to play properly.
japper88

Postby BadLuckLuke on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:46 am

japper88 wrote:
megamix wrote:

Unfortunately the crashing has to do with Vista/Windows 7.

For most people NBA Live 2007 simply will crash after quitting a game if they are using Vista/Windows 7. Windows XP works fine. I tried Windows 7 XP virtualization mode and it still crashes. Your only option is to install an XP partition to play... I just use an old comp that still has XP on it to play, since the game doesn't need really powerful graphics to play properly.

That's right, but try this also -> http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
BadLuckLuke

Postby Murat on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:36 am

A tip: Play only one match, don't quit from any match. Play a game - when the game finishes quit - save your dynasty or settings - exit. Always do that - it worked.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:52 am

Sorry Badger, but that's not really helpful advice for this problem.

megamix wrote:The problem is, when I finish the game, and click "Quit the game" it just freezes
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby carfeu on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:23 am

Guys. If the game is crashing in Windows 7, just install VMWare Player and run it in Windows XP mode. It works fine for me under Windows 7 and it was crashing before. :D
carfeu

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:09 am

Definitely a good idea for those running Windows 7, but historically this has been a problem with NBA Live 07 in XP as well.

In any case, welcome to the Forum. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 07