How to edit courts?

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

How to edit courts?

Postby mike9472 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Was looking through the wiki for tutorials on court editing and only found info for older games. Most of the files and or folders that are mentioned in the tut's aren't even in Live 07. Does anyone have or know where I can find a tutorial on court edting for Live 07? Particularly changing the colors in the "paint" and out of bounds area around the court.
mike9472

Re: How to edit courts?

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:16 am

it's the same for all ebo files. so the same tutorial for Live 2005 or 06 works for 07

you want to load the crt.ebo file in the ebo editor (the old ebo editor, not ebodit, it is included in the Live 06 ebo tutorial I made) then select the part that is the lane or out of bounds area, select all vertices you want to change the color of. then click the grey box on the left side of the editor under the parts list. select a color, save, be happy.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby mike9472 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:35 am

Thanks JaoSming, downloaded your 06 guide and I was able to make some progress. The other guide I read was for Live 2000 & 2001 which aparently have a different file structure because it kept mentioning files that 07 doesn't have. I did have a couple of problems with ebo editor.

1. Holding CTRL then pressing 0 didn't zoom out when I tried it, do I need to install anything else to get this to work?
2. The color I selected wasn't the one that showed up in the game (aqua blue showed up as maroon red).

If I can get those 2 problems sorted out, I'll be in business. Any ideas?
mike9472

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:52 am

1. make sure you hit the keyboard 0 key and not the keypad one.....hit the one above the o and p keys

2. the color didnt get selected properly....it tried to go all white (which causes the all red glitch). It is a bit finicky when using custom colors so make sure you select the custom color before you apply it.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby mike9472 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Thanks again JaoSming, got it to zoom in and out just fine. For the love of me, I can't figure out how to get the color I want. I'm trying to change the court colors for Golden State, starting with the yellow out of bounds area around the court. I hit CTRL + A to select the whole area, click on the color box and select the yellow, add it to custom colors, click on the yellow in the custom color section, click ok then save and exit. I keep getting red, pink and even purple once. Am I doing something wrong? The only time I got it to work right was when I selected one of the default custom colors, third darkest gray. Other than that, yellow's been a bust. ARRG!! and I thought working on Madden graphic files were a pain.
mike9472

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:43 pm

ive never had that much trouble

can you do me a favor? open the goldcrt_vram.fsh file in fshx or w/e you are using, find the texture named "pwdd" and either post it or just describe it to me?

that texture should be white wood
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby mike9472 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:42 pm

Yes it's white wood. I've had better success using ebodit.2 beta, just have to figure out the half court line, 3pt line and the lines around the paint. I took a screen shot and will try posting it in this message, never did this before hope it works. I circled the lines that need a color change. I know I read somewhere that those lines are in the goldcrt.fsh. I tried editing the "oliq, olir, and olis" images. When I went to play a game, the half court and paint area lines were gone. I tried both .BMP and .DDS but got the same result. I know it doesn't look perfect, but I guess it's not bad for first try. Any advice on the lines? If the image doesn't show up it's here http://img208.imageshack.us/i/gsarena.jpg

Last edited by mike9472 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike9472

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:51 pm

with imageshack you want to surround the img tags with the direct link url

for those lines I had to use fshline but I think dolffin might work too. I never had much success with those though. I usually just had a base court with white lines and then I'd recolor them with the ebo editor.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby mike9472 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Thanks a lot for all the help, a combination of DOLFFIN and changing the olio, olir, olis, oliq images to white did the trick. I also made the half court logo a bit smaller. Here's a link to the court in case anyone wants it http://download.nba-live.com/index.php?act=view&id=2538

Last edited by mike9472 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike9472

Postby JaoSming on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:00 am

awesome job man, feel free to post a new topic to release it if you'd like
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby BadLuckLuke on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:11 am

(Y) (Y) (Y)
BadLuckLuke

Postby BAYAG on Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:38 am

try to use the stroke tool in ps with the same color as the floor to remove the jagged edge look on the center logo. You're missing the oracle arena logos also...Other than that ,it's pretty good for a first release . (Y)
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Return to NBA Live 07