Question

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Question

Postby darren6025 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:09 pm

When running the primacy fix, is there a different one for season mode as opposed to dynasty mode. I was sent a primacy fix from another owner in the sim league, but when I open the primacy.bat file it says it is for dynasty mode. Thanks for your help.
darren6025

Re: Question

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:29 am

I'm not sure that Primacy recalculation is actually a problem in Season Mode as it is in Dynasty Mode; I could be wrong but from memory I believe it doesn't happen. In any case, you don't need to use a different fix. It just alters the Primacy ratings in the players.dbf file so it can be used for a roster save, season save, Dynasty save or playoff save. Most people play Dynasty Mode which is why I mention it in the text that's displayed while you're running the fix.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby darren6025 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:12 am

Thank you for the response Andrew. The reason I ask is, I am running a sim league and it seems after trades and injuries players don't take shots. An example, I traded for Brook Lopez and in about 10 games he has takes no more than 3 FGA's in a game and in about 6 of the games he has taken 0 shots. I have run the primacy fix for about the past 3 sims (6 games) and it hasn't made a difference. My understanding of how to run the fix is to copy the cdbflite.exe, cdbflite.ini, and primacy.bat files and paste them into the season file, then make a back-up for your season, then run the primacy.bat file and your done. Am I doing this right? Again, thank for your help.
darren6025

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:54 am

Yes, you're doing everything right. You might need to give his Primacy rating a bit of an extra boost though; that's something I'll look at in future roster updates (and subsequent updates to the included Primacy fix).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby darren6025 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:04 am

How is this done?
darren6025

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:09 am

Open players.dbf with DB Commander, locate Brook Lopez and scroll across to the PRIMACY column. You can then change the value as desired; the higher the value, the more shots he will attempt. You can find more info on editing the DBF files in the NBA Live 07 subsite over on the main site.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby BadLuckLuke on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm not sure that Primacy recalculation is actually a problem in Season Mode as it is in Dynasty Mode; I could be wrong but from memory I believe it doesn't happen. In any case, you don't need to use a different fix. It just alters the Primacy ratings in the players.dbf file so it can be used for a roster save, season save, Dynasty save or playoff save. Most people play Dynasty Mode which is why I mention it in the text that's displayed while you're running the fix.

Ehmm... Andrew I think the primacy fix is needed every time a player gets injured and thus all the teams' players are assigned odd primacy ratings. So basically, it should be used every time an injury occurs... :wink:
BadLuckLuke

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:14 pm

I'm aware of that; that's why I made it. ;) However, I was under the impression that Season Mode didn't suffer from the recalculation problems as Dynasty Mode does, at least I believe that was the case in NBA Live 06.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 07