International Classic teams Mod released 2/3/13

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Re: Classic Teams 90's Euro legends Team need input.

Postby UltraNIX on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:05 am

i also remember Jose Ortiz from Puerto Rico, Leo Rautins from Canada, Andrew Gaze and Luc Longley from Australia and couple of others, those are the first who came into my mind :)

What about Euroleague clubs - maybe. Because I clearly remember Zalgiris wearing green jerseys and CSKA red in almost every matchup. I haven't even seen the USSR team'88 wearing white jersey, and i've seen 5/8 games and have bunch of pictures. Though, Real Madrid and Cibona Zagreb had both white and blue jerseys.
UltraNIX

Postby BadLuckLuke on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:56 am

UltraNIX wrote:my suggestions, as i've followed European basketball pretty much.

11 C Arvydas Sabonis - 88 USSR Team (Olympic Gold)/92 Lithuania Team (Olympic Bronze)/96 Lithuania Team (Olympic Bronze). I might find reference pics of those. As for clubs - You'd either have Zalgiris, where he played until 89, or Real Madrid 95 (Euroleague Champion).
14 PF Dino Radja - 90 Jugoplastika (Euroleague Champion)/88 Yugoslavia (Olympic Silver)/92 Croatia (Olympic Silver)
07 SF Tony Kukoc - 90 Jugoplastika (Euroleague Champion)/88 Yugoslavia (Olympic Silver)/92 Croatia (Olympic Silver)
13 SG Sarunas Marciulionis - 88 USSR Team (Olympic Gold)/92 Lithuania Team (Olympic Bronze)/96 Lithuania Team (Olympic Bronze).
04 PG Drazen Petrovic - I'd pick 86 Cibona (Euroleague Champion)/88 Yugoslavia (Olympic Silver)/92 Croatia (Olympic Silver)

Bench:
12 C Vlade Divac - 88 Yugoslavia (Olympic Silver)/95 Yugoslavia (EUrobasket Gold)/96 Yugoslavia (Olympic Silver)
08 PF Alexander Volkov - 88 USSR Team (Olympic Gold)
-- SF Detlef Schrempf - played his college game in USA, so the only appearance in European/World tournaments - 92 Germany.
06 SG Nikos Galis - 87 Greece (Eurobasket Gold)/Aris Thessaloniki
05 PG Panagiotis Giannakis - 87 Greece (Eurobasket Gold)
C Rik Smits - 86 Holland (Netherlands) (played in World Championships in Spain)
Rimas Kurtinaitis - 80's Zalgiris/ 88 USSR Team (Olympic Gold)/92 Lithuania Team (Olympic Bronze)/96 Lithuania Team (Olympic Bronze)

Hey UltraNIX, do you agree that Galis should be the starter at SG instead of Marculionis???
BadLuckLuke

Postby BadLuckLuke on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:01 am

@BAYAG: Giannakis (or Yannakis if you want...) played most of his career for Aris Thessaloniki. Together with Galis, they won almost everything here in Greece for a decade and more!!! Check these out:
http://sports.in.gr/basketball/article/?aid=798608
http://www.arisclub.de/%CE%B1%CF%81%CE% ... %B5%CF%84/
http://greekhoopz.blogspot.com/2009/03/16.html
BadLuckLuke

Postby UltraNIX on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:58 am

No. Sarunas Marciulionis should be starting.
UltraNIX

Postby Murat on Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:06 am

Did Galis played at NBA?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BadLuckLuke on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:40 am

UltraNIX wrote:No. Sarunas Marciulionis should be starting.

No Mr Ego-patcher(???), Galis should be starting:

"...Galis is the Euroleague's all-time leader in both career points scored and points per game (counting both FIBA and ULEB games), and he led the Euroleague in scoring eight times. He is also the Greek A1 League's all-time leading scorer in both career points scored and points per game (counting games before the league split into two divisions).
In addition to that, he also holds the record for highest career scoring average at the FIBA World Championship, as well as the record for the most points ever scored at a FIBA World Championship tournament. Galis is widely regarded as one of Europe's all-time greatest players in professional club basketball history, as well as one of the all-time greatest players in FIBA international basketball history. He is also revered in Greece, where he is considered by many to be the greatest individual athlete that the country has ever produced. He is a legend within European basketball and a figure that inspired millions on the continent to take up the sport of basketball..."
(from wikipedia)

The other guy was nothin' but a Euro-sixth man back in the days...
Anyway, don't want to continue this and go the thread off-topic ok??? Let's continue patching here...

Oh and

Badger wrote:Did Galis played at NBA?

Now THAT'S an answer...
BadLuckLuke

Postby UltraNIX on Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:55 am

I again repeat. Marciulionis is starting SG. If you're unhappy with that, you could easily re-order roster to your personal preference. Thus, you could have Giannakis at PG, Smits at C or any other setting you want.

If you could name at least one guard who ever averaged at least 18 points per game in NBA back in 1990's not named Drazen Petrovic, I could easily replace that guy instead of Marciulionis.

P.S. even though quoting is acceptable, calling other people names is rude and inappropriate according to forum rules. Have a nice day, mate ;)
UltraNIX

Postby BadLuckLuke on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:22 am

Nice day to you too mate, but as long as BAYAG is releasing it to the public and that means that A LOT of people are gonna download and play this, just thought it should be as accurate as possible but... you are the creator of that (awesome BTW) patch -> you decide...
The end, ok???

Oh, you should start patching again bro and don't rush to give me one of your ego-answers, it's just my opinion that a lot of people would be very happy with that...

And... your NBC scoreboard patch is one for the ages man...
BadLuckLuke

Postby Murat on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:24 am

Drazen Petrovic is not PG... Anyways, I prefer Galis or Giannakis to PG. I noticed that now. Petrovic >> SG. Marculionis >> 6th Man.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BadLuckLuke on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:33 am

It's never too late to learn history man (or boy???), just don't rush to give answers ok???
Especially to us older fellas who happen to have seen plenty of matches with those Euro-80s legends :wink:
BadLuckLuke

Postby BAYAG on Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:26 am

lol whoa what happened here?...be easy guys..
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby UltraNIX on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:06 am

I know that Petrovic isn't primary PG. But he used to play PG at times in Yugoslavia, Croatia national teams and even with NETS at times.

Why would I put Marciulionis on starting SG? Because neither Gallis, nor Giannakis ever played in the NBA. End of discussion. Believe me, even if you call it another ego-answer of mine, my knowledge of basketball history and basketball games seen passes way beyond your limits, no offense again.

Talking about patching. This thing is done. I could advise, share resources, but I'm not a boy anymore, so i would be glad to see some understanding.
UltraNIX

Postby BadLuckLuke on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:10 pm

I give up with you guy, I give up...
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
BadLuckLuke

Postby BAYAG on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:01 pm

jersey patching really isn't my thing, but i have to keep moving..I redid galis jersey..but like a dummy i forgot the side stripes..that i'll fix later.

I'd like to make this one as sabonis' home jersey.I can find the teka logo, but can anyone explain what the other logos are so i can use them as reference? thx

BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby BadLuckLuke on Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:27 pm

BadLuckLuke

Postby UltraNIX on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 pm

the other one is blurry real madrid logo.
UltraNIX

Postby BAYAG on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:07 pm

lol who will be the coach?
BAYAG

Postby Bucket on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:10 pm

About players on bench :lol: two white and two yellow. :lol:
Bucket

Postby BAYAG on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:42 am

BAYAG

Postby UltraNIX on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:09 am

Please, if you use USSR national team jersey, please, use 88 Olympic jersey, where Arvydas Sabonis wears his famous #11.

Other than that - very nice update. For the coach - my suggestion - Alexander Gomelskyy (USSR) or Dusan Ivkovic (Yugoslavia). Those guys battled each other in Seoul Olympic final. Also, they used to battle in Eurobasket finals and other imporant tournaments.
UltraNIX

Postby BAYAG on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:27 am

Thanks for the suggestions..
I was able to find germanys olympic jersey for schrempf.. but just the home.I'm thinking for smits and schrempf i will use at least one nba jersey for them.since they played college and pro in the united states.

'88 ussr patch..i can't tell what it is..

just found this...?

BAYAG

Postby BAYAG on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:05 am

there's a logo next to the nba one i cant make out..oh well. Still have to resize that line inside the key and shrink the nba logo....rest should be easy..
BAYAG

Postby UltraNIX on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:45 pm

check your PM. And you'll find a pack of USSR'88, Lithuania'92, 95 and 96 uniforms ready made for NBA Live :) Enjoy :)
UltraNIX

Postby BadLuckLuke on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:38 pm

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
BadLuckLuke

Postby Murat on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:06 am

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 07