Can't reinstall 07 because i can't reinstall directx

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Can't reinstall 07 because i can't reinstall directx

Postby Cleveland wins on Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:58 am

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I can't reinstall directx which is required for nba live 07, the reason they say that it won't install is because it keeps saying that a cabinet file can't be trusted. And the the directx file that i'm trying to download is from microsoft website, is there anything elese that i can use instead of directx to run the game? And why is directx required to run video game pc cds that you buy? If anyone elese has installed directx, how did you do it?
Cleveland wins

Re: Can't reinstall 07 because i can't reinstall directx

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:31 pm

In very simple terms, you need DirectX so that your video card and other multimedia devices will work properly with NBA Live 07 and other games. Normally, games will install DirectX automatically though if you have the same version or later already installed, the installation will skip this step. As you've discovered, you can also download it from the Microsoft website and install it manually.

In short, it's a required component when it comes to video cards and 3D games so yes, you need it and no, you can't use something else.

Clearly there is some corruption or security/permissions problem that's preventing you from installing DirectX properly, resulting in the failure notice and error message that you're receiving. I'm not familiar with the exact solution but you might want to run a Google search along the lines of can't install directx cabinet file can't be trusted and your operation system (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7) as I'm sure other people have run into the problem and there's a step by step solution out there somewhere.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby Cleveland wins on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:05 am

Thanks, now all i have to do is search around and figure how to change this security stuff.
Cleveland wins

Postby Pdub on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:50 am

You should have already had DirectX if you were playing any games. Did you have to reinstall Windows or something? What version of Windows are you trying to install Windows on? If you are using a newer version than XP, I suggest running the Live 07 installer in compatability mode for XP SP2.

http://ask-leo.com/a_cabinet_file_canno ... d_why.html
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Cleveland wins on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:36 am

Yeah, i was doing something with my computer and i mistakingly uninstalled directx, but i do have service pack 3 actually, and thanks i'll try that capability mode thing;oh yeah i forgot to say that i'm using windows xp.
Cleveland wins

Postby Cleveland wins on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:46 am

Yes i finally did it, i saw that many people had the same cabinet file problem. I couldn't reinstall directx 9.0 but, i installed drectx 10 for windows xp, i guess you can't install lthe old version any more, thank you for your answers.
Cleveland wins

Return to NBA Live 07