Classic Teams '07 * demo released pg.12 - 8.17.09*

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Re: Classic Teams '07 *more previews PAGE 10 * 6.02.09

Postby BAYAG on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:53 pm

cool thx for the info...

Now for the allstar weekend...marv albert says allstar game from las vegas .i had the hall of fame game court in springfield as the default court for allstars. you think i should replace it with thomas and mack arena so it all goes together? anyone have a link and author of the the allstar las vegas court..i cant seem to find one. thanks
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby fabri79 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:55 am

cool thx for the info...

Now for the allstar weekend...marv albert says allstar game from las vegas .i had the hall of fame game court in springfield as the default court for allstars. you think i should replace it with thomas and mack arena so it all goes together?

I think your Hall of Fame court in Springfield is much more fit considering the content and the scope of the patch. Personally I don’t care at all about what Marv says during the All-Star game intro, so I’d prefer you to keep the Hall of Fame arena as default court for the All-star game. Just my opinion… :mrgreen:

anyone have a link and author of the the allstar las vegas court..i cant seem to find one. thanks

I didn’t know somebody has made a custom/improved court for the All-Star game in Las Vegas… No idea about it. :|
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 pm

hehe ok i changed enabled the rooks/soph game to be played and the east/west allstar teams. now during the season rook/soph game replaces the allstar game during season mode..lol strange.

if you dled the older version of classic teams 07 try something out for me.
change the teamcode for allstars to 1 for west and 2 for east allstars.load the season and try to play allstar game.tell me what happens..thanks.
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby fabri79 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:04 am

change the teamcode for allstars to 1 for west and 2 for east allstars.load the season and try to play allstar game.tell me what happens..thanks

Ok I tried your little experiment but it didn’t solved the All-Star game issue… The game crashes during the loading screen… :cry:

I had a look at the rosters and played one game (after one year or something), I found out two minor issues :

First, a bunch of players have not been edited (they’ve got 50 in every attribute). They are:

Corzine, Green, Greenwod, Higgins and Oldham (85 Chicago)
Miller and Dumas (93 Phoenix)
Harris (02 New Jersey)
Campbell (04 Detroit)

The second issue worries me a little bit: even with EA official update installed, the players which have more than 80/85 in their stamina rating don’t get tired almost at all, so they end to play the entire game without being called on the bench by the cpu (at least in the simulation with 12 minutes quarters)… I didn’t experience this last year when I played this patch and, unfortunately, I don’t remember the sliders I had at that time… :? Any suggestion??

PS: This is the only useful thread I found related to the latter issue: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=65176 BAYAG, do you think Andrew could solve the problem through editing the stamina ratings or through a kind of "fatigue fix" suited for your rosters? :?:
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:46 am

hmm that sucks..i also forgot...add a 4 to teamcode for sophs and rooks..and add at least 5 players to each team. see if rook/soph and allstar works after.hopefully i can get it fixed somehow.That's the major thing bothering me about this patch.

I think fatigue is affected by which aiact file you use too. the one i use substitues pretty often at sliders fatigue set to 60.i'll upload and you can try it out.

as far as players without ratings the plan is to go thru all the teams player by player and adjust ratings with rating machine. time consuming but oh well..
BAYAG

Postby fabri79 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:46 pm

hmm that sucks..i also forgot...add a 4 to teamcode for sophs and rooks..and add at least 5 players to each team. see if rook/soph and allstar works after.hopefully i can get it fixed somehow.That's the major thing bothering me about this patch.

Well, weird things have happened…

THE GOOD: BAYAG, I switched the TEAMCODE for Rooks and Sophs teams from 5 to 4 as you suggested. I opened the PLAYERS.dbf file and I found no need in adding players to these teams because their rosters were already filled in with 12 players each (are these the default rosters?). Rookies (TEAMNUM 44) have Roy, Bargnani, Aldridge… Sophomores (TEAMNUM 45) have Paul, Bogut, Felton… I went into the game, launched the season and THE ROOKIE GAME WAS PLAYABLE (Las Vegas Court)!!! :D Rookies had Snow, Iavaroni, Spud Webb… Sophomores had Alcindor, Penny Hardaway, AC Green… Each player worn his own team jersey.

THE BAD: Then I tried to play the rookie challenge through the All-Star Mode from main menu. It crashed… But the worst is about East/West teams. By playing through the All-Star Mode, these teams have got the following, foolish starting lineups:
EAST: PG Larry Bird SG Moses Malone SF John Havlicek PF Bill Russell C Bob Cousy
WEST: PG James Worthy SG Magic Johnson SF Oscar Robertson PF Elgin Baylor C Bob Pettit
:crazyeyes:
I selected one team and the game crashed…

Finally, I had a look to “reorder roster”; indeed, by switching the All-Star West and All-Star East TEAMCODE to 1 and 2 respectively as you suggested, it is now possible to see these two teams in “reorder rosters”, and there I realized that East/West teams have something wrong… In every other roster, at the left of the screen, I had (as usual):
C
PF
SF
SG
PG
Etcetera…

In the East and West All-Stars (not NBA at 50 All-Stars, I really refer to the regular ones) I’ve got:
C
C
C
C
C
C
C
And so on until the last man on the bench…

I don’t know what it means since I’m not an expert… Have you tried to keep the default All-Star roster for both East and West? Maybe (I’m not so competent to hazard a guess, but still…) it will be like rookie challenge… not working in the All-Star Mode from the main menu but working during the season… :?:
Last edited by fabri79 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
fabri79

Postby fabri79 on Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:55 pm

I think fatigue is affected by which aiact file you use too. the one i use substitues pretty often at sliders fatigue set to 60.i'll upload and you can try it out.

Do you mean cpu substitution frequency at 60? I remember a "fatigue effect" slider from older NBA Lives but EA patch in 07 provides just a "fatigue effect on/off" arrow to be switched in “game options” or something (maybe I’m not 100% accurate, I’ve got an Italian version…). By the way thanks man… Right now I don’t use to play the game (I’m waiting your new patch to do it!), but if you will provide in the final release an AI file and a set of sliders suited for realistic stats in this patch (12 minutes quarters) would be GREAT! (Y) (Y) (Y)

as far as players without ratings the plan is to go thru all the teams player by player and adjust ratings with rating machine. time consuming but oh well..

Well, it has to be REALLY time spending, because a rating machine won’t tell you anything about a player’s leaping, dribbling, quickness and many other abilities… It’s gonna be tough even because, personally, I don’t have any idea about the skills of most of the players from the teams prior to late seventies (NBA TV here does not broadcast any game older than around 30 years)… I like your attitude: taking your time to get close to "perfection"... :cool:
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:04 pm

just an update on what i'm doing now..i'm adding the past nba finals champs to be playable during season mode and moving others only to exibition only and editing each players ratings.This is probably the most time consuming part, so you might not see any updates to the thread for a while. I've come to the conclusion that all the art i've made for all the teams is the cause for some teams to crash. I may have to remove some teams from the mod to make it crash free. Any suggestions on which teams to remove? I want to keep all the teams that were nba champs, east/west allstars, 92 dream team.
I'm leaning towards removing
decade allstars
76 nets (aba)
85 bulls (jordan's rookie team)
02 rockets (pippen,barkley,olajuwon)
I'll basically keep removing teams until everything works how its supposed to. I triple checked the dbf files and art files and everything seems ok. I think i just created too many teams lol.
BAYAG

Postby hokupguy on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:24 am

are you saving the art into the sgsm folder or in the proper viv.file ? I belive having to much in the sgsm can causue slow down lag and sometimes crashes.

I would say you are going remove work you worked hard on to do. It would say decade allstars and the 85 bulls and nba at 50 teams. But i would see if you can work around it, so your hard work doesnt go to waste.

youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GFV2 ... xyDGKHpF-g

If you enjoy my mod & would like to show your appreciation please donate here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
hokupguy
Blue Print

Postby fabri79 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:57 am

decade allstars
76 nets (aba)

I agree with your choice (Y) If needed, I would also remove European All Stars, NBA at 50 East, NBA at 50 West, 54 Lakers, 97 Lakers and 97 Heat in this order... Adding those teams to the ones you wrote about would cut 14 teams from the patch; from the other side, I'd still be grateful to see in 00 Blazers, 04 TWolves and 09 Magic... :roll: Anyway, I'd try first to remove the teams you mentioned, just to see if it gonna solve the crash problems.
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:33 pm

daddie9 wrote:are you saving the art into the sgsm folder or in the proper viv.file ? I belive having to much in the sgsm can causue slow down lag and sometimes crashes.

I would say you are going remove work you worked hard on to do. It would say decade allstars and the 85 bulls and nba at 50 teams. But i would see if you can work around it, so your hard work doesnt go to waste.

fabri79 wrote:
decade allstars
76 nets (aba)

I agree with your choice (Y) If needed, I would also remove European All Stars, NBA at 50 East, NBA at 50 West, 54 Lakers, 97 Lakers and 97 Heat in this order... Adding those teams to the ones you wrote about would cut 14 teams from the patch; from the other side, I'd still be grateful to see in 00 Blazers, 04 TWolves and 09 Magic... :roll: Anyway, I'd try first to remove the teams you mentioned, just to see if it gonna solve the crash problems.

yah i put int he effort to create the art but, what's the use if the game crashes? I don't mind taking them out as long as the mod works how i want it. btw i saw the 96 united center and it looks good from pix.just haven't tried it out yet.
I've tried every work around i could think of like changing teamcodes, lowering resolution of some files.I think the sgsm is just stuffed with too many things.
after this i'm thinking of going back a redoing classic teams for '06. that one was full of bugs when i released it, but i may be able to fit allt he created teams without crashing. I've heard it able to handle more patches. we'll see.
BAYAG

Postby DUNCANISGOOD on Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:41 am

TO BAYAG:
hi, when you release the latest patch,do you release its art file,too?
DUNCANISGOOD

Postby aga11ah on Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:50 am

*nvm i fixed it*
aga11ah

Postby fabri79 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi there! What's up, BAYAG? Any news/updates/screenshots?!? :cheeky:
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:09 pm

No nothing new...I'm on vacation now lol. i did move some of the the teams playable in season to only finals champs. once i get that all complete i'll add exibition only teams until I see that the game crashes. Funny how allstar game works, but rookies crash..now. Hopefully i can figure it out eventually. Don't worry...it will get done eventually... (Y)
BAYAG

Postby DUNCANISGOOD on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:45 pm

SO,How many teams are there in the roster now?

did you delete the teams that havent won the champion??

or you didnt move any team.
DUNCANISGOOD

Postby fabri79 on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:42 pm

No nothing new...I'm on vacation now lol. i did move some of the the teams playable in season to only finals champs. once i get that all complete i'll add exibition only teams until I see that the game crashes. Funny how allstar game works, but rookies crash..now. Hopefully i can figure it out eventually. Don't worry...it will get done eventually...

Good, I hope you're having a nice holiday... (Y) The All-Star issue seems to be almost unsolvable... :? Since we don't have any idea regarding how to get that done, maybe is better to move on and have a try to solve the problem at the very last. One thing I'd love to get together with the patch is a kind of tutorial document regarding how to move an exhibition team to regular season instead of another, so anyone could play the season with his favourite teams... Personally, more or less I think I know what to do, but it would be really easier and quicker to get it done by printing a step-by-step procedure!!! :mrgreen: Because of your experience, I guess you could do that in a few minutes and this would be a really precious "intangible" for every user of your patch... Thanks in advance!!!
fabri79

Postby BAYAG on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:44 am

fabri79 wrote:
No nothing new...I'm on vacation now lol. i did move some of the the teams playable in season to only finals champs. once i get that all complete i'll add exibition only teams until I see that the game crashes. Funny how allstar game works, but rookies crash..now. Hopefully i can figure it out eventually. Don't worry...it will get done eventually...

Good, I hope you're having a nice holiday... (Y) The All-Star issue seems to be almost unsolvable... :? Since we don't have any idea regarding how to get that done, maybe is better to move on and have a try to solve the problem at the very last. One thing I'd love to get together with the patch is a kind of tutorial document regarding how to move an exhibition team to regular season instead of another, so anyone could play the season with his favourite teams... Personally, more or less I think I know what to do, but it would be really easier and quicker to get it done by printing a step-by-step procedure!!! :mrgreen: Because of your experience, I guess you could do that in a few minutes and this would be a really precious "intangible" for every user of your patch... Thanks in advance!!!

yah I can do a turorial.

Actually there are some screens. daddie9 was kind enough to create some classic arenas using reference pix and video. I think he did a great job with these and look very accurate.

BAYAG

Postby hydroponic82 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:04 am

awesome work man!

i plan on buying live 07 just for this !

just one question since im new to all of this .

when you say:

"2. place the SGSM and AI folder into your ea sports/nba

live 07 folder.
"

im on vista, and it will ask me to replace or keep both files or folders do i overwrie the currrent folders and make a backup folder of the originals or do i just merge the folders ?

Thanks again man , I really look forward to playing this!
hydroponic82

Postby mariulis1 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:11 am

Nice only small images (Y)
mariulis1

Postby BAYAG on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:34 pm

hydroponic82 wrote:awesome work man!

i plan on buying live 07 just for this !

just one question since im new to all of this .

when you say:

"2. place the SGSM and AI folder into your ea sports/nba

live 07 folder.
"

im on vista, and it will ask me to replace or keep both files or folders do i overwrie the currrent folders and make a backup folder of the originals or do i just merge the folders ?

Thanks again man , I really look forward to playing this!

backup original files then overwrite (Y)
BAYAG

Postby fabri79 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 pm

yah I can do a turorial.

Actually there are some screens. daddie9 was kind enough to create some classic arenas using reference pix and video. I think he did a great job with these and look very accurate.

Good man, thanks a lot! (Y)

Happy to hear you're getting an hand for the arenas... this will help for sure...
fabri79

Postby hokupguy on Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:58 am

he didnt make those arena i did!!!

youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9GFV2 ... xyDGKHpF-g

If you enjoy my mod & would like to show your appreciation please donate here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
hokupguy
Blue Print

Postby BAYAG on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:53 am

daddie9..i think he knows you contributed the arenas...re read his comment haha
BAYAG

Postby hydroponic82 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:36 am

BAYAG wrote:backup original files then overwrite

thanks man

cant wait to play this
hydroponic82

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 07