NBA Live 07 Sliders Discussion

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Postby alfredallias on Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:53 pm

what i have to change to make some steals? because when i try to do one i make a foul, and as well defence foul, i don't know what happens, but it's a foul, and it's bug me
anybody help?
alfredallias
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:28 am

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:22 pm

If you find fouls are too frequent, lower the reach-in foul slider. You can also try increasing the user steal slider to assist you in picking your opponent's pocket.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator
 
Posts: 99442
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Postby cluber77 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:11 pm

Can some one give a good slider for 6 or 7 Minutes Quarter Length?
Image
User avatar
cluber77
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:59 am
Location: Israel

Postby JYEE on Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:05 am

senuks wrote:sorry, but i ll ask again, i cant play normal with my friends:

"Who knows how to change default sliders in online playing?
EXMPl i made all cpu sliders to 99, but when i create game and play with my friends, those sliders become defaults (long range shooting goes down to 25)
and there's no chances to make a 3 pts Sad
I m not talking about mach vs pc, i m talking about game in lan.
So how to change default sliders?"



Hey fellaz, does anyone know the answer to this?
JYEE
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:42 am

Postby U-Borat on Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:04 pm

The question that really needs answering is; why is it in a 12 quarter game, both teams take like 130 shots? When in real life, its more like 70-80?
U-Borat
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:31 pm

Postby Deathbringer on Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:33 am

U-Borat wrote:The question that really needs answering is; why is it in a 12 quarter game, both teams take like 130 shots? When in real life, its more like 70-80?


because in real life, they settle to make plays and not much of running, but in the game, if you dont set to make plays cpu wont too
Deathbringer
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Philippines

realistic sliders for 9min allstar on xbox 360 please????

Postby themasterpiece06 on Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:09 am

could somebody please give me realistic sliders for 9 minute allstar on xbox 360 please???? thanx in advance
themasterpiece06
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:06 am

Postby Pdub on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:55 am

Here are my sliders, I haven't had to change them in a while becuase they provide me with challenging gameplay and some good statistics for 8 minute quarters.

Game Speed: 42
FT Difficulty: 75 Lower if you suck.
Boundary Force Field: 50
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 40
Shooting Foul Frequency: 75
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 38
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 85

USER:

Steal Ability: 30
Interception Ability: 49
Shot Block Ability: 80
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 55
Freestyle Effectiveness: 50
Dunk vs Layup Frequency: 10
Substitution Frequency: 85 (Not perfect, sometimes I have to manually sub my guys back in, but atleast they sub out enough)
On-Ball Defensive Assist: 70
Offensive Rebounding: 15
Defensive Rebounding: 85
Fakeout Discipline: 60
Short Range Shooting: 34
Medium Range Shooting: 37
Long Range Shooting: 38
Dunk Percentage: 40
Lay-up Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 30
On-Ball Physical Defense: 50
Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
Double-team Effectiveness: 50
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 45
Drop Step Effectiveness: 25

CPU:

Steal Ability: 55
Interception Ability: 50
Shot Block Ability: 80
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 65
Freestyle Effectiveness: 90
Dunk Frequency: 15
Substitution Frequency: 75
Offensive Rebounding: 15
Defensive Rebounding: 85
Fakeout Discipline: 90
Short Range Shooting: 39
Medium Range Shooting: 42
Long Range Shooting: 42
Dunk Percentage: 40
Lay-up Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Frequency: 20
On-Ball Physical Defense: 80
Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
Double-team Effectiveness: 100
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 100
Drop Step Effectiveness: 100
Last edited by Pdub on Fri May 18, 2007 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 13165
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Postby jaiel26 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:08 pm

Hey PDub what exactly is the boundary forcefield for?
jaiel26
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:54 am
Location: Columbus, Oh

Postby Pdub on Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:58 pm

Boundary forcefield is used for the out of bounds boundary lines. It is like a forcefield that stops you from going out of bounds by slowing you down or sliding you along the out of bounds line.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 13165
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Postby ThreeGashes on Tue May 08, 2007 11:21 am

Pdub, thanks for the sliders! (Y)

I haven't played Live '07 in 5+ months but I'll have plenty of time tomorrow. Btw, what do you (or whoever) think I should change since I play 12min. quarters (aside from experimenting with your sliders and then changing them to suit me)?

Thanks.
ThreeGashes
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:39 am

Postby jaywill on Thu May 10, 2007 8:16 am

would these sliders work for the psp
Image
User avatar
jaywill
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:46 pm
Location: Staples Center

Postby Andrew on Thu May 10, 2007 9:07 pm

I would assume so. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try. ;)
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator
 
Posts: 99442
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Postby kbryant24 on Fri May 18, 2007 8:08 am

pdub you skipped one part

cpu: adjusted shot frequency (default is 20)

what did u put yours to?
kbryant24
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:57 pm

Postby Pdub on Fri May 18, 2007 8:27 am

Sorry bout that. I have mine at 20.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 13165
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Postby kbryant24 on Fri May 18, 2007 9:35 am

Pdub wrote:Sorry bout that. I have mine at 20.


no problem man.. i decided to change all settings to yours.. hopefully itll be challenging and realistic :-)
kbryant24
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:57 pm

Postby atlwarrior on Thu May 24, 2007 3:48 pm

heres for better gameplay set all player quickness ratings to 1(lowest rating)

lebron actually tried to get his teammates involved

will not slowdown the game it would just make the defense better with less steals

freestyle superstars would still be able to pull off nice crossovers

no more outside stoppers but if you lower quickness ratings to 1 as I said you and the cpu will not let anybody go by you

Also set your playbooks(Use Playmakers if xbox or ps2 gamer)

if pc gamer use jimmy's playbooks

no more pg domination!!!

Yfinally you have to use Playmakers settings to get realistic results

PEACE!

Level: Superstar, All-Star/Press Box View -2 clicks from DEFAULT Camera/Shot Control Optional

Assign High Pressure Defense to all PF's and C's for both CPU and Human players. You have to take control of the CPU at the start of games to set their Pressure defense then switch over to your team before the tip off.

Game Speed's
40=12 MINUTES
45=10 MINUTES
50=8 MINUTES

All Penalties sliders are setup based on NBA League average. So, if you don't agree with the league average lower them at your own personal options.

Game Speed: 40-45-50
Free Throw Difficulty: 100
Boundary Force Field: 75
Injury Frequency: 50
Fatigue Effect: 50
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 75
Shooting Foul Frequency: 25
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 50...(Helps to spread out fouls amongst players)
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 75.....(This is very realistic if U control 1 defender)

USER:

User Steal Ability: 25
User Interception Ability: 25
User Shot Block Ability: 50
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 50
User Freestyle Effectiveness: 25
User Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 25
User Substitution Frequency: 40
User On-ball Defense Assist: 50
User Offensive Rebounding: 1
User Defensive Rebounding: 99
User Fakeout Discipline: 75
User Short Range Shooting: 35
User Medium Range Shooting: 40
User Long Range Shooting: 45
User Dunk Percentage: 75
User Lay-up Percentage: 25
User Adjusted Shot Percentage: 25
User On-ball Physical Defense: 75
User Poor Release Shot Percent: 25 (Set this to 40 if you play with CPU Shot control ON)
User Double-team Effectiveness: 75
User Pro Hop Effectiveness: 25
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 25

CPU:

CPU Steal Ability: 25
CPU Interception Ability: 25
CPU Shot Block Ability: 50
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 75
CPU Freestyle Effectiveness: 50
CPU Dunk Frequency: 25
CPU Substitution Frequency: 40
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 1
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 99
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 75
CPU Short Range Shooting: 35
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 40
CPU Long Range Shooting: 45
CPU Dunk Percentage: 75
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 15
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 15
CPU Adjusted Shot Frequency: 15
CPU On-ball Physical Defense: 75
CPU Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
CPU Double-team Effectiveness: 75
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 75
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 75
User avatar
atlwarrior
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:04 am
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Postby rareoddity22 on Fri May 25, 2007 2:05 pm

Pdub wrote:Here are my sliders, I haven't had to change them in a while becuase they provide me with challenging gameplay and some good statistics for 8 minute quarters.

Game Speed: 42
FT Difficulty: 75 Lower if you suck.
Boundary Force Field: 50
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 40
Shooting Foul Frequency: 75
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 38
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 85

USER:

Steal Ability: 30
Interception Ability: 49
Shot Block Ability: 80
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 55
Freestyle Effectiveness: 50
Dunk vs Layup Frequency: 10
Substitution Frequency: 85 (Not perfect, sometimes I have to manually sub my guys back in, but atleast they sub out enough)
On-Ball Defensive Assist: 70
Offensive Rebounding: 15
Defensive Rebounding: 85
Fakeout Discipline: 60
Short Range Shooting: 34
Medium Range Shooting: 37
Long Range Shooting: 38
Dunk Percentage: 40
Lay-up Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 30
On-Ball Physical Defense: 50
Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
Double-team Effectiveness: 50
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 45
Drop Step Effectiveness: 25

CPU:

Steal Ability: 55
Interception Ability: 50
Shot Block Ability: 80
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 65
Freestyle Effectiveness: 90
Dunk Frequency: 15
Substitution Frequency: 75
Offensive Rebounding: 15
Defensive Rebounding: 85
Fakeout Discipline: 90
Short Range Shooting: 39
Medium Range Shooting: 42
Long Range Shooting: 42
Dunk Percentage: 40
Lay-up Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Frequency: 20
On-Ball Physical Defense: 80
Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
Double-team Effectiveness: 100
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 100
Drop Step Effectiveness: 100


amazing sliders bro good lookin out
rareoddity22
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 4:46 pm

Postby redphive on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:58 pm

atlwarya9 wrote:heres for better gameplay set all player quickness ratings to 1(lowest rating)

lebron actually tried to get his teammates involved

will not slowdown the game it would just make the defense better with less steals

freestyle superstars would still be able to pull off nice crossovers

no more outside stoppers but if you lower quickness ratings to 1 as I said you and the cpu will not let anybody go by you

Also set your playbooks(Use Playmakers if xbox or ps2 gamer)

if pc gamer use jimmy's playbooks

no more pg domination!!!

Yfinally you have to use Playmakers settings to get realistic results

PEACE!

Level: Superstar, All-Star/Press Box View -2 clicks from DEFAULT Camera/Shot Control Optional

Assign High Pressure Defense to all PF's and C's for both CPU and Human players. You have to take control of the CPU at the start of games to set their Pressure defense then switch over to your team before the tip off.

Game Speed's
40=12 MINUTES
45=10 MINUTES
50=8 MINUTES

All Penalties sliders are setup based on NBA League average. So, if you don't agree with the league average lower them at your own personal options.

Game Speed: 40-45-50
Free Throw Difficulty: 100
Boundary Force Field: 75
Injury Frequency: 50
Fatigue Effect: 50
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 75
Shooting Foul Frequency: 25
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 50...(Helps to spread out fouls amongst players)
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 75.....(This is very realistic if U control 1 defender)

USER:

User Steal Ability: 25
User Interception Ability: 25
User Shot Block Ability: 50
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 50
User Freestyle Effectiveness: 25
User Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 25
User Substitution Frequency: 40
User On-ball Defense Assist: 50
User Offensive Rebounding: 1
User Defensive Rebounding: 99
User Fakeout Discipline: 75
User Short Range Shooting: 35
User Medium Range Shooting: 40
User Long Range Shooting: 45
User Dunk Percentage: 75
User Lay-up Percentage: 25
User Adjusted Shot Percentage: 25
User On-ball Physical Defense: 75
User Poor Release Shot Percent: 25 (Set this to 40 if you play with CPU Shot control ON)
User Double-team Effectiveness: 75
User Pro Hop Effectiveness: 25
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 25

CPU:

CPU Steal Ability: 25
CPU Interception Ability: 25
CPU Shot Block Ability: 50
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 75
CPU Freestyle Effectiveness: 50
CPU Dunk Frequency: 25
CPU Substitution Frequency: 40
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 1
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 99
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 75
CPU Short Range Shooting: 35
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 40
CPU Long Range Shooting: 45
CPU Dunk Percentage: 75
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 15
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 15
CPU Adjusted Shot Frequency: 15
CPU On-ball Physical Defense: 75
CPU Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
CPU Double-team Effectiveness: 75
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 75
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 75

im using your slider with the speed set to 33 and 10 min quarters...i still got an average of 137 points each game...any suggestions? (im not using alot of FSS shots/dunks)
redphive
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:23 pm

Postby Beatboxer on Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:19 am

Hey folks...

I tried these settings 2 days ago; and i keep playing with these sliders now...And the result is really good...Scoring is now really hard and looks realistic...

I have Jimmy's 4.5 roster and 9.7 gameplay fix...The difficulty level is Superstar...

So these sliders(settings) work best with jimmy's roster and gameplay patch and with a difficulty level of superstar...

Here's the link : http://www.filefactory.com/file/bbc643/

By the way; sorry for my bad English...(I'm from Turkey) :wink:
Beatboxer
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:58 am

Postby atlwarrior on Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:43 am

redphive wrote:
atlwarya9 wrote:heres for better gameplay set all player quickness ratings to 1(lowest rating)

lebron actually tried to get his teammates involved

will not slowdown the game it would just make the defense better with less steals

freestyle superstars would still be able to pull off nice crossovers

no more outside stoppers but if you lower quickness ratings to 1 as I said you and the cpu will not let anybody go by you

Also set your playbooks(Use Playmakers if xbox or ps2 gamer)

if pc gamer use jimmy's playbooks

no more pg domination!!!

Yfinally you have to use Playmakers settings to get realistic results

PEACE!

Level: Superstar, All-Star/Press Box View -2 clicks from DEFAULT Camera/Shot Control Optional

Assign High Pressure Defense to all PF's and C's for both CPU and Human players. You have to take control of the CPU at the start of games to set their Pressure defense then switch over to your team before the tip off.

Game Speed's
40=12 MINUTES
45=10 MINUTES
50=8 MINUTES

All Penalties sliders are setup based on NBA League average. So, if you don't agree with the league average lower them at your own personal options.

Game Speed: 40-45-50
Free Throw Difficulty: 100
Boundary Force Field: 75
Injury Frequency: 50
Fatigue Effect: 50
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 75
Shooting Foul Frequency: 25
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 50...(Helps to spread out fouls amongst players)
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 75.....(This is very realistic if U control 1 defender)

USER:

User Steal Ability: 25
User Interception Ability: 25
User Shot Block Ability: 50
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 50
User Freestyle Effectiveness: 25
User Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 25
User Substitution Frequency: 40
User On-ball Defense Assist: 50
User Offensive Rebounding: 1
User Defensive Rebounding: 99
User Fakeout Discipline: 75
User Short Range Shooting: 35
User Medium Range Shooting: 40
User Long Range Shooting: 45
User Dunk Percentage: 75
User Lay-up Percentage: 25
User Adjusted Shot Percentage: 25
User On-ball Physical Defense: 75
User Poor Release Shot Percent: 25 (Set this to 40 if you play with CPU Shot control ON)
User Double-team Effectiveness: 75
User Pro Hop Effectiveness: 25
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 25

CPU:

CPU Steal Ability: 25
CPU Interception Ability: 25
CPU Shot Block Ability: 50
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 75
CPU Freestyle Effectiveness: 50
CPU Dunk Frequency: 25
CPU Substitution Frequency: 40
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 1
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 99
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 75
CPU Short Range Shooting: 35
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 40
CPU Long Range Shooting: 45
CPU Dunk Percentage: 75
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 15
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 15
CPU Adjusted Shot Frequency: 15
CPU On-ball Physical Defense: 75
CPU Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
CPU Double-team Effectiveness: 75
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 75
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 75

im using your slider with the speed set to 33 and 10 min quarters...i still got an average of 137 points each game...any suggestions? (im not using alot of FSS shots/dunks)


the whole point of lowering the freestyle effectiveness is so it would be

hard to go by the defender if you put the game speed on 33 you are

making it easier to go by your defender because it so close to the

freestyle effectiveness which is 25 so try putting your gamespeed back on

40-50 to limit your amount of fastbreaks and set both defensive and

use playmakers offensive plays and defensive plays
so you and the cpu can run them and make sure you assign you and the cpu pressures for c,pf high and med sf,sg,pg

dont set all quickness ratings to 1

sorry for responding super late
User avatar
atlwarrior
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:04 am
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Postby ukrainik on Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:15 am

..., I was wondering which factors would force CPU to sub more often is it fatigue and speed? which way the speed should go?
User avatar
ukrainik
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:24 am
Location: Houston

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:04 pm

The Fatigue rating determines how quickly players tire and recover energy.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator
 
Posts: 99442
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Postby kbryant24 on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:49 am

so which sliders do u guys think is best using nlsc roster? (most realistic and challenging)

pdubs? playmakers? jimmys?

let me know! thx
kbryant24
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:57 pm

Postby kbryant24 on Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:04 am

dasas
kbryant24
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:57 pm

Postby mike879 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:37 pm

Beatboxer wrote:Hey folks...

I tried these settings 2 days ago; and i keep playing with these sliders now...And the result is really good...Scoring is now really hard and looks realistic...

I have Jimmy's 4.5 roster and 9.7 gameplay fix...The difficulty level is Superstar...

So these sliders(settings) work best with jimmy's roster and gameplay patch and with a difficulty level of superstar...

Here's the link : http://www.filefactory.com/file/bbc643/

By the way; sorry for my bad English...(I'm from Turkey) :wink:


yeah i agree with you for Jimmy's roster + his gameplay fix. Nice patch.

Problem is that you have old rosters. Ok for end of last season. But if you want the new transactions in place with the new rookies, you'll have to use andrew's roster. which I doubt will work with Jimmy's gameplay fix. How I wish it will work with it.
User avatar
mike879
 
Posts: 556
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 12:02 pm
Location: manila, philippines

Postby McDwyane on Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:26 pm

Nice sliders Pdub
User avatar
McDwyane
 
Posts: 1603
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: McDwyane's

Postby lukoil on Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:01 am

rareoddity22 wrote:
Pdub wrote:Here are my sliders, I haven't had to change them in a while becuase they provide me with challenging gameplay and some good statistics for 8 minute quarters.

Game Speed: 42
FT Difficulty: 75 Lower if you suck.
Boundary Force Field: 50
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 40
Shooting Foul Frequency: 75
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 38
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 85

USER:

Steal Ability: 30
Interception Ability: 49
Shot Block Ability: 80
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 55
Freestyle Effectiveness: 50
Dunk vs Layup Frequency: 10
Substitution Frequency: 85 (Not perfect, sometimes I have to manually sub my guys back in, but atleast they sub out enough)
On-Ball Defensive Assist: 70
Offensive Rebounding: 15
Defensive Rebounding: 85
Fakeout Discipline: 60
Short Range Shooting: 34
Medium Range Shooting: 37
Long Range Shooting: 38
Dunk Percentage: 40
Lay-up Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 30
On-Ball Physical Defense: 50
Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
Double-team Effectiveness: 50
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 45
Drop Step Effectiveness: 25

CPU:

Steal Ability: 55
Interception Ability: 50
Shot Block Ability: 80
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 65
Freestyle Effectiveness: 90
Dunk Frequency: 15
Substitution Frequency: 75
Offensive Rebounding: 15
Defensive Rebounding: 85
Fakeout Discipline: 90
Short Range Shooting: 39
Medium Range Shooting: 42
Long Range Shooting: 42
Dunk Percentage: 40
Lay-up Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Frequency: 20
On-Ball Physical Defense: 80
Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
Double-team Effectiveness: 100
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 100
Drop Step Effectiveness: 100


amazing sliders bro good lookin out


Very very poor sliders

results:

154:148
125:119
lukoil
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:45 am

Postby Martti. on Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:47 am

You played 8 minutes?
User avatar
Martti.
#HeatLifer
 
Posts: 8100
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:19 am

Postby Virenque on Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:22 am

Pdub wrote:Here are my sliders, I haven't had to change them in a while becuase they provide me with challenging gameplay and some good statistics for 8 minute quarters.

Game Speed: 42
FT Difficulty: 75 Lower if you suck.
Boundary Force Field: 50
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 40
Shooting Foul Frequency: 75
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 38
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 85

USER:

Steal Ability: 30
Interception Ability: 49
Shot Block Ability: 80
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 55
Freestyle Effectiveness: 50
Dunk vs Layup Frequency: 10
Substitution Frequency: 85 (Not perfect, sometimes I have to manually sub my guys back in, but atleast they sub out enough)
On-Ball Defensive Assist: 70
Offensive Rebounding: 15
Defensive Rebounding: 85
Fakeout Discipline: 60
Short Range Shooting: 34
Medium Range Shooting: 37
Long Range Shooting: 38
Dunk Percentage: 40
Lay-up Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 30
On-Ball Physical Defense: 50
Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
Double-team Effectiveness: 50
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 45
Drop Step Effectiveness: 25

CPU:

Steal Ability: 55
Interception Ability: 50
Shot Block Ability: 80
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 65
Freestyle Effectiveness: 90
Dunk Frequency: 15
Substitution Frequency: 75
Offensive Rebounding: 15
Defensive Rebounding: 85
Fakeout Discipline: 90
Short Range Shooting: 39
Medium Range Shooting: 42
Long Range Shooting: 42
Dunk Percentage: 40
Lay-up Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Frequency: 20
On-Ball Physical Defense: 80
Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
Double-team Effectiveness: 100
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 100
Drop Step Effectiveness: 100
Sorry, but these sliders are way to hard for me. I have set All-Star level (the second hardest) and I can`t win a game. I don`t think I su*k that much, because I didn`t have problems with previous sliders but I just forgot with which I have played.

Anyone has any good sliders which are not so advanced?
BTW I play on 5 mins..
User avatar
Virenque
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Postby Pdub on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:27 am

You can just turn up the Short/Medium/Long range shooting if you are gettin g alow fg%.
Lower the CPU interception ability if there are too many turnovers from passes.
Lower the Double Team Effectiveness and/or On-Ball Physical Defense if you are having trouble with dribble drives and constant bumping when you are trying to post up.
You can also lower the CPU Fakeout Discipline sot he cpu will fall for more shot fakes and crossover/spin moves.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 13165
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Postby Virenque on Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:12 am

Pdub wrote:You can just turn up the Short/Medium/Long range shooting if you are gettin g alow fg%.
Lower the CPU interception ability if there are too many turnovers from passes.
Lower the Double Team Effectiveness and/or On-Ball Physical Defense if you are having trouble with dribble drives and constant bumping when you are trying to post up.
You can also lower the CPU Fakeout Discipline sot he cpu will fall for more shot fakes and crossover/spin moves.
That helped a lot..I had two great games now. Thanks! :wink:
User avatar
Virenque
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Postby nba_baller on Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:45 pm

What kind of sliders could I use if I wanted 4 min quarters? (I don't have the time for 8,10,12, etc..)
Image
User avatar
nba_baller
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Virenque on Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:13 am

nba_baller wrote:What kind of sliders could I use if I wanted 4 min quarters? (I don't have the time for 8,10,12, etc..)
You can use which one you want. The only difference is scores around 50 instead of 120. I recommend you Pdub`s sliders with modification written above if you find them too hard..
User avatar
Virenque
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Postby Pdub on Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:46 am

You might want to bump that gamespeed up to 70-80 for 4 minute quarters if you are looking for a more realistic outcome.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 13165
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Postby Virenque on Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:19 pm

Pdub wrote:You might want to bump that gamespeed up to 70-80 for 4 minute quarters if you are looking for a more realistic outcome.
But the problem with higher game speed is that sim games scores are not realistic anymore if you play season or dynasty.
User avatar
Virenque
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

Postby Pdub on Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:24 am

Not if you simulate the games with 12 minute quarters.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 13165
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Postby tomsonizi on Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:52 am

I've a problem with these terms:
What does 'adjusted shot' , 'fakeout discipline' and 'drop step' mean?
Could someone help me? cuz these are the last terms that i couldn't find... :mrgreen:
tomsonizi
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:58 am

Postby gimp on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:18 am

I often play with player lock and I have problems with my teammates :lol: They can't seem to hit anything. The CPU FG % is ok. What sliders do I have to adjust for this?

This really bothers me because I end up doing most shots myself. Even FSS of my teammates fail to score most of the time.

EDIT: Just played a couple of games and I'm really frustrated with my team. Passing the ball to wide open players and they just stand there or miss really easy shots. CPU can score with 3 hands in his face on the other hand...
User avatar
gimp
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:32 pm

Postby Phantom18 on Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:14 am

Snarky's Live 07 Superstar Sliders version 1.2 :D
[work in progress!]

Difficulty:Superstar
Qtr Length: 7 Minutes
Game Speed: 40
FT Difficulty: 100
Boundary Force Field: 50
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 40
Shooting Foul Frequency: 75
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 38
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 72

USER:

Steal Ability: 30
Interception Ability: 50
Shot Block Ability: 60
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 55
Freestyle Effectiveness: 50
Dunk vs Layup Frequency: 10
Substitution Frequency: 70
On-Ball Defensive Assist: 70
Offensive Rebounding: 5
Defensive Rebounding: 80
Fakeout Discipline: 60
Short Range Shooting: 35
Medium Range Shooting: 37
Long Range Shooting: 40
Dunk Percentage: 70
Lay-up Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 28
On-Ball Physical Defense: 70
Poor Release Shot Percent: 35
Double-team Effectiveness: 75
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 50
Drop Step Effectiveness: 20

CPU:

Steal Ability: 45
Interception Ability: 50
Shot Block Ability: 62
Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 65
Freestyle Effectiveness: 80
Dunk Frequency: 15
Substitution Frequency: 63
Offensive Rebounding: 1
Defensive Rebounding: 90
Fakeout Discipline: 75
Short Range Shooting: 40
Medium Range Shooting: 40
Long Range Shooting: 42
Dunk Percentage: 70
Lay-up Percentage: 35
Adjusted Shot Percentage: 32
Adjusted Shot Frequency: 25
On-Ball Physical Defense: 75
Poor Release Shot Percent: 34
Double-team Effectiveness: 75
Pro Hop Effectiveness: 75
Drop Step Effectiveness: 60

Feels really good playing. Realistic stats.
Good Human/PC come from the behind ability.
User avatar
Phantom18
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:36 am

Postby Chaser7 on Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:55 pm

uh.. why do you have it so its easier to make long range shots than medium and short range shots?
for player you have ti as
short: 37
medium: 37
long:40

cpu:
short: 40
medium: 40
long: 42

I think both short and medium should be easier to make than long range, and medium should be harder than short obviosuly :(

EDIT: I just looked at some our slider thread seems to be a trend short range and medium are easier than long range.. so I am clearly wrong, but could someone explain to me why lnog range shoudl be easier than short range? lol
Chaser7
 
Posts: 1208
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 10:34 am

Postby Phantom18 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:25 am

blazersrule,
hard to explain thats just how it works though...
User avatar
Phantom18
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:36 am

Postby GuCcI08 on Mon May 26, 2008 4:43 am

can someone post sliders thats already been released. i kno its long time. lyke playmakers,jimmy,and others. uploading the settings.dat would be faster way :)
Image
User avatar
GuCcI08
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:27 pm
Location: New Orleans

Postby anubisak on Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:11 am

Can anybody gave me the sliders for the NBA live 07 for pc...need it to make the dynasty cus in the first game i was like 125-115 too much offence with .450 FG% too crazy.I try to take the nba live 05 sliders but it didnt work...thank anyway...
User avatar
anubisak
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:23 am
Location: Buenos Aires - Argentina

Postby Andrew on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:48 pm

Have you tried any of the settings that have been posted so far?
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator
 
Posts: 99442
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re:

Postby TheBigEasy on Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:17 pm

atlwarya9 wrote:heres for better gameplay set all player quickness ratings to 1(lowest rating)

lebron actually tried to get his teammates involved

will not slowdown the game it would just make the defense better with less steals

freestyle superstars would still be able to pull off nice crossovers

no more outside stoppers but if you lower quickness ratings to 1 as I said you and the cpu will not let anybody go by you

Also set your playbooks(Use Playmakers if xbox or ps2 gamer)

if pc gamer use jimmy's playbooks

no more pg domination!!!

Yfinally you have to use Playmakers settings to get realistic results

PEACE!

Level: Superstar, All-Star/Press Box View -2 clicks from DEFAULT Camera/Shot Control Optional

Assign High Pressure Defense to all PF's and C's for both CPU and Human players. You have to take control of the CPU at the start of games to set their Pressure defense then switch over to your team before the tip off.

Game Speed's
40=12 MINUTES
45=10 MINUTES
50=8 MINUTES

All Penalties sliders are setup based on NBA League average. So, if you don't agree with the league average lower them at your own personal options.

Game Speed: 40-45-50
Free Throw Difficulty: 100
Boundary Force Field: 75
Injury Frequency: 50
Fatigue Effect: 50
Charge/Block Foul Frequency: 75
Shooting Foul Frequency: 25
Reach-in Foul Frequency: 50...(Helps to spread out fouls amongst players)
In-air Collision Foul Frequency: 75.....(This is very realistic if U control 1 defender)

USER:

User Steal Ability: 25
User Interception Ability: 25
User Shot Block Ability: 50
User Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 50
User Freestyle Effectiveness: 25
User Dunk vs. Lay-up Frequency: 25
User Substitution Frequency: 40
User On-ball Defense Assist: 50
User Offensive Rebounding: 1
User Defensive Rebounding: 99
User Fakeout Discipline: 75
User Short Range Shooting: 35
User Medium Range Shooting: 40
User Long Range Shooting: 45
User Dunk Percentage: 75
User Lay-up Percentage: 25
User Adjusted Shot Percentage: 25
User On-ball Physical Defense: 75
User Poor Release Shot Percent: 25 (Set this to 40 if you play with CPU Shot control ON)
User Double-team Effectiveness: 75
User Pro Hop Effectiveness: 25
User Drop Step Effectiveness: 25

CPU:

CPU Steal Ability: 25
CPU Interception Ability: 25
CPU Shot Block Ability: 50
CPU Dunk/Lay-up Block Ability: 75
CPU Freestyle Effectiveness: 50
CPU Dunk Frequency: 25
CPU Substitution Frequency: 40
CPU Offensive Rebounding: 1
CPU Defensive Rebounding: 99
CPU Fakeout Discipline: 75
CPU Short Range Shooting: 35
CPU Medium Range Shooting: 40
CPU Long Range Shooting: 45
CPU Dunk Percentage: 75
CPU Lay-up Percentage: 15
CPU Adjusted Shot Percentage: 15
CPU Adjusted Shot Frequency: 15
CPU On-ball Physical Defense: 75
CPU Poor Release Shot Percent: 40
CPU Double-team Effectiveness: 75
CPU Pro Hop Effectiveness: 75
CPU Drop Step Effectiveness: 75


Well ... I tried these sliders, 12 Minutes, Superstar. Results were a little over the top, to put it mildly. Here is the boxscore:
Code: Select all
Name              Pts   Rebs   Ast  Blk Stl  TO Fouls Mins FG/Att FG%  3P/Att 3P%  FT/Att  FT%    O. Reb      D. Reb     

T. Chandler       16   12      8    3   1    3  2     37   6/14   .429 0/1    .000 4/8     .500   3           9           
D. West           21    21      3    2   1    2  2     35   8/20   .400 0/1    .000 5/8     .625   10          11         
J. Posey          7     3       2    0   1    3  5     26   3/13   .231 1/4    .250 0/0     -      0           3           
R. Butler         8     2       1    0   0    2  1     20   3/12   .250 0/4    .000 2/2     1.000  0           2           
A. Daniels        10    3       4    0   1    1  3     25   4/11   .364 2/5    .400 0/0     -      0           3           
A. McDyess        5     7       4    1   0    0  2     11   2/10   .200 0/0    -    1/2     .500   5           2           
J. Wright         4     3       3    1   0    0  2     7    2/5    .400 0/1    .000 0/0     -      1           2           
M. Ely            1     7       2    0   0    0  0     8    0/3    .000 0/0    -    1/2     .500   6           1           
D. Brown          2     0       0    0   0    1  0     8    1/1    1.000 0/0   -    0/0     -      0           0           
M. Peterson       17    2       1    1   1    1  2     23   7/17   .412 3/6    .500 0/0     -      0           2           
P. Stojakovic     15    7       1    0   1    1  6     28   6/23   .261 3/9    .333 0/0     -      1           6           
C. Paul           16    8       6    0   1    1  6     16   5/11   .455 0/2    .000 6/6     1.000  5           3           

Overall           122   75      35   8   7    15 31        47/140  .335 9/33   .272 19/28   .678   31          44


Code: Select all
Na   me   Pts   Rebs   Ast   Blk   Stl   TO   Fouls   Mins   FG/Att   FG%   3P/Att   3P%   FT/Att   FT%   O. Reb   D. Reb
                                                   
S.   May   2   11   1   5   0   1   5   20   0/5   .000   0/0   -   2/4   .500   4   7
B.   Diaw   5   11   1   2   2   0   2   34   2/3   .667   0/0   -   1/2   .500   2   9
M.   Carroll   8   0   0   0   0   1   1   9   2/4   .500   0/0   -   4/4   1.000   0   0
A.   Morrison   29   4   0   1   1   0   2   23   13/24   .542   1/3   .333   2/2   1.000   2   2
D.   Augustin   11   2   3   0   0   0   0   18   3/8   .375   0/0   -   5/6   .833   0   2
G.   Wallace   15   6   2   2   2   1   3   29   6/11   .545   0/1   .000   3/5   .600   1   5
J.   Howard   4   4   1   0   0   0   3   11   1/3   .333   0/0   -   2/4   .500   1   3
S.   Singletary   6   1   0   0   0   0   0   5   2/5   .400   0/2   .000   2/2   1.000   0   1
N.   Mohammed   0   4   0   0   1   0   0   11   0/2   .000   0/0   -   0/0   -   1   3
R.   Bell   16   7   1   0   0   4   1   27   6/25   .240   1/4   .250   3/3   1.000   0   7
R.   Felton   24   4   5   0   1   3   3   26   7/15   .467   4/8   .500   6/8   .750   0   4
E.   Okafor   15   18   1   0   3   6   2   32   7/18   .389   0/0   -   1/2   .500   9   9
                                                   
   Overall   135   72   15   10   10   16   22      49/123   .398   6/18   .333   31/42   .738   20   52


A couple of notes to the game:

- both teams have taken way to many shots. thats partly due to my playing style, but I guess I'll have to limit quarter time to at least 10 Minutes
- too many fouls, Chris Paul had 5 by halftime, and fouled out early in the third (yet still was very close to a triple double), Stojakovic fouled out early in the fourth, Posey had 5 fouls. Again, partly due to my style, especially on Pauls part, I just try to often to get a steal ... but still fouls happen too often.
- way too many offensive rebounds ... I guess this is due to the High pressure on the PF/C's, cause the slider on both the CPU and player side are set to 1 for offensive rebounds, David West alone had 10 offensive rebounds!
- too many injuries .. I had 3 throughout the game.
- Traveling! I can't remember, when the last time was that someone was traveling in a game ... Okafor did it 3 times in this one.
- too many clear cut dunks are rejected at the last second, although it sometimes happens, that I manage to block somebody from behind on a fast break (west blocking morrison)
- way too many rebounds (although that might be because I like to run'n'gun), 75:72 for me. Assists were although high for me, 35.
- abysmal long range shooting. I love the 3 point shot, but it doesn't drop often enough

I guess I have to change my playing style a little to draw out the time, but I have to tweak these sliders as well. Fouls are too high, injuries as well, rebounds also.

But its a very good base to work from, atlwarya9.
User avatar
TheBigEasy
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:43 am

Re: NBA Live 07 Sliders Discussion

Postby macosxuser on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:00 am

I played a match between Utah Jazz and Zalgiris Kaunas of Lithuania for 40 minutes. Both teams were poor on offense.


Utah Jazz, 60 vs. Zalgiris Kaunas, 49
(14:19, 19:13, 14:12, 13:5)


Utah Jazz
- D. Williams - 30 minutes, 13 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 turnover, 2 fouls
- G. Giricek - 28 minutes, 11 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 turnovers, 1 foul
- C. Boozer - 36 minutes, 7 points, 10 rebounds, 7 assists, 0 turnovers, 1 foul
- A. Kirilenko - 21 minutes, 7 points, 5 rebounds, 0 assists, 2 turnovers, 3 fouls, 1 injury
- C. Miles - 15 minutes, 7 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 turnovers, 0 fouls
- R. Brewer - 19 minutes, 7 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 turnovers, 4 fouls
- D. Fisher - 12 minutes, 6 points, 0 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 turnovers, 0 fouls
- M. Okur - 16 minutes, 2 points, 2 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 turnovers, 2 fouls


Zalgiris Kaunas
- J. Maciulis - 33 minutes, 18 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 turnovers, 3 fouls
- P. Jankunas - 26 minutes, 12 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 turnovers, 5 fouls (fouled out)
- D. Salenga - 28 minutes, 9 points, 2 rebounds, 0 assists, 2 turnovers, 2 fouls
- M. Kalnietis - 16 minutes, 5 points, 0 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 turnover, 0 fouls
- A. Milaknis - 13 minutes, 2 points, 1 rebound, 0 assists, 0 turnovers, 1 foul
- E. Zukauskas - 14 minutes, 2 points, 3 rebounds, 0 assists, 3 turnovers, 3 fouls
- D. Silinskis - 19 minutes, 1 point, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 turnovers, 2 fouls
macosxuser
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: NBA Live 07 Sliders Discussion

Postby hellotracy on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:50 pm

Can some one give a good slider for 6 or 7 Minutes Quarter Length?
24 and Hustle Charmed r my shows!!
hellotracy
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: NBA Live 07 Sliders Discussion

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:24 pm

I'd recommend any of the sliders for 8-12 minutes, but perhaps leave the Game Speed at the default setting or up it to around 55-60.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator
 
Posts: 99442
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: NBA Live 07 Sliders Discussion

Postby abdelkader on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:51 am

Hi there. That's my first post in here. I'm relatively new to NBA Live series. Last time I played it was NBA Live 2000...now I got myself NBA Live 07 and my jaw dropped to the floor - so many changes and developments.

Well, I have got a question concerning sliders.

In older NBA games, if I took a player who had '90' in 3pt shooting ability I was sure that he'd score in around 9 out of 10 attempts and it was easy to me...
Now we have sliders and I don't know how they affect the abilities of players.

If I take the same player with 3pt scoring ability at '90' and set Long-Range Shooting slider to '50', what ACTUALLY will be the ability of my player? Will he score in 9/10 attempts, 5/10 attempts or maybe something in between those two predictions...or even fewer? I'm really confused...just like somebody who drove Ford T from the 1930s up until now and now bought himself a Bugatti Veyron. I noticed that I even have problems scoring with Michael Jordan, being totally unmarked by the rivals and standing 1 meter away from the hole...using CPU shot control. I suppose that sliders must be re-adjusted. Of course, I have read through the whole thread but you guys mainly concentrate on reaching realistic scores while I get frustrated being unable to score with NBA stars in obvious situations. I know that nobody is perfect and even great basketball stars miss their shots from time to time...but not a few times in a row (look above - Michael Jordan's case)
Image
User avatar
abdelkader
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:34 am
Location: Poland

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 07

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest