more realism

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

more realism

Postby Breems on Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:22 am

first of all does EA even see this stuff?whats the point of it?any way i think they need a team practice mode in which you can run certain drills to improve your players like they have in 2k6(i think),next have more realistic reporters or whatever they are called(like marv albert) with more things to say then'' i like that foul and he makes the basket''also the players should act more real like shaking their heads on a foul or
yelling at the refs!!!!.coaches should get techs and yell at players.the bench players should jump up when a shot is made and when about to be subbed in go to the check in table.the last and coolest thing i think is at half time and time outs you should go in the locker room andsee what the coach has to say
Breems
Back in my day...

Re: more realism

Postby LegoTP on Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:38 am

Tmacattack wrote:first of all does EA even see this stuff?whats the point of it?any way i think they need a team practice mode in which you can run certain drills to improve your players like they have in 2k6(i think),next have more realistic reporters or whatever they are called(like marv albert) with more things to say then'' i like that foul and he makes the basket''also the players should act more real like shaking their heads on a foul or
yelling at the refs!!!!.coaches should get techs and yell at players.the bench players should jump up when a shot is made and when about to be subbed in go to the check in table.the last and coolest thing i think is at half time and time outs you should go in the locker room andsee what the coach has to say

That's what we would like every year, the technical, but EA cannot add them... I forgot why, I don't even wanna remember. :D These suggestions are nice though.
Thanks to : c0nr4d for the sig
LegoTP

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:12 am

The NBA won't allow them to add techs.

I think there's enough evidence to suggest that the Wishlists we submit and suggestions we post in the Forum are worthwhile. Basically if we provide that kind of feedback we have a better chance of letting the production team know what we want out of NBA Live than if we said nothing at all.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby debiler on Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:32 am

Why would anyone want technical fouls, anyway? There's absolutely NO point in discussing with referees, because they won't take their decisions back. So why should a negative aspect of the game be put into a future version of live?

I agree with the general implementation of emotions, though. Like cutscenes after decisive shots or something like that. That would be sweet. :)
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Postby eastinglandboi on Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:33 am

EA basicly need to change the whole face of the game for next year, this title is weak to be honest and 2k6 is most probably gonna smash it to pieces, and i'm still pissed of that theres no EASO on my copy i bought here in the UK thats left me bitter and wondering whether i'm gonna buy 07
I'll be back for EASO 2007, feel the terror like its 05 again i own this game!!
eastinglandboi

Postby BIG GREEN on Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:32 pm

For one to say EA doesnt see this stuff is ignorant. Over the years some of our suggestions have been implemented.
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:45 am

Yohance Bailey wrote:For one to say EA doesnt see this stuff is ignorant. Over the years some of our suggestions have been implemented.

That's pretty sweet. What specifically has been added into Live, spawned here at NLSC??
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:09 pm

It's hard to say which features specifically came from the Wishlists with certainty because you could argue that some of them are just the natural progression of sports game. Franchise/Dynasty Mode would be one example, since a multi-season mode with GM duties was a staple of the earlier lists. In-game saves and saving replays are two features of games gone by that were in the lists.

A Wishlists to Features comparison across the entire series would be quite interesting because I remember looking over the old lists when I was updating all the pages during the last re-design, and there were more noteworthy items that the ones I've just recalled offhand.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 07